Jadon Sancho| Staying at Dortmund for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oliver_

imagine the scenes on here/IG/Twitter when this deal is actually called off :lol:

Caesar2290

They're playing good football in the last few months and seem to have a fairly settled side. I'd say the only area of the pitch we're stronger than them is midfield.
I don't understand the wanking to "Arsenal are going to finish above us" narrative.

Last time I checked since Arteta was appointed as their manager we managed to sign Bruno and claw back a 14 point deficit to finish ahead of Chelsea and Leicester while playing rather entertaining football. And remind me again, what did they do in the league? Exactly: nothing

But they won the FA cup you say... So what, United managed to progress farther in the Europa League were Arsenal were schooled by fecking Olympiacos.

Slysi17

If you want your first choice, you need to pay first choice price. We have no intention to do either. That's a ridiculous argument, the premise here is that everyone would be more than happy for us to sign Sancho, but we won't, because we won't pay what he costs. Where the issue lies is the fact that they're going to use his pursuit as justification for not making any other movements that we could use that money for instead.

Also you claim we're done chasing second choice but then use VDB as an example. He would have hardly been our first choice, when midfielders like Thiago were available, in positions we needed to strengthen, if not for our lack of interest in spending what's required.
Well to be fair. Donny Van De Beek was a much better choice than the overhyped Jack Grealish. What Aston Villa demanded for him was insane so glad we went for Donny Van De Beek. Thiago really wasn't first choice but I agree that he might have been better.

NFM

Sancho is not 3 times better than Sarr. Indeed its impossible to really judge if he is any better, he hasn't played in the EPL and plays with better players in a better team. At say £35m ( Watford paid about £30m , a record for them so they are not going to accept less), Sarr would be a very good option. And it would stop Liverpool getting him in January.

Slysi17

They're playing good football in the last few months and seem to have a fairly settled side. I'd say the only area of the pitch we're stronger than them is midfield.
Really? Have you seen who plays in defense for Arsenal. Their defense is crap and Gabriel has to settle in the league. The only area Arsenal is better in is attack. Our midfield is miles better and we edge it in defense.

Irishman

We have a free run at arguablely one of the top young talents in World football. No other clubs are in for him. He has clearly expressed a desire to come to Utd and yet we appear unable to get the deal over the line.

Indefensible.

If we fail to sign Sancho there will never be a clearer indication that we are finished as an elite club.

Trex

Really? Have you seen who plays in defense for Arsenal. Their defense is crap and Gabriel has to settle in the league. The only area Arsenal is better in is attack. Our midfield is miles better and we edge it in defense.
I Don't even agree they're better in attack, Aubameyang is world class,Martial is superior to lacazette,Greenwood would win u more games than Willians maybe with the substitutes they've martinelli and saka......United haven't spent much(yet) but our first 11 is quality,only injuries should stop us from finishing above the likes of Tottenham and Arsenal plus Chelsea signings need to prove themselves first

UncleBob

Seeing how much deadwood Real are dropping. How crazy would it ne of they suddenly came in for Sancho at the end of window and bought him after Ed braindead and Matt fudge have haggled the whole window.
Sancho is not 3 times better than Sarr. Indeed its impossible to really judge if he is any better, he hasn't played in the EPL and plays with better players in a better team. At say £35m ( Watford paid about £30m , a record for them so they are not going to accept less), Sarr would be a very good option. And it would stop Liverpool getting him in January.
You think they'll let Sarr go for around £5mill more than what they signed him for, only a year later, but you make sure do point out they're not going to accept any less than what they paid for him

Jesus fecking christ

Sarr isn't going to be cheap, but if there's no way we can finance a deal that Dortmund will accept then we need to move on.

BlackShark_80

We have a free run at arguablely one of the top young talents in World football. No other clubs are in for him. He has clearly expressed a desire to come to Utd and yet we appear unable to get the deal over the line.

Indefensible.

If we fail to sign Sancho there will never be a clearer indication that we are finished as an elite club.
Really? He doesn't seem to want the move badly or else Sancho would already trying to force the transfer. Sancho doesn't want to go on strike and not too bothered about staying for one more year at Dortmund.

bsCallout

Really? He doesn't seem to want the move badly or else Sancho would already trying to force the transfer. Sancho doesn't want to go on strike and not too bothered about staying for one more year at Dortmund.
De Gea didnt go on strike but he wanted to be in Madrid.

Sancho wants to leave but it doesnt mean he will throw his toys out the pram. He's a professional at a top club and will be able to get a big money move anytime.

Bilbo

TeaBaggins

Indefensible.

Don't be so bloody ridiculous

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
I don't get this forcing a move... how can he force a move when United haven't made an official bid for him?

What if he tries to force a move and United don't lodge a big after all? After we've made an official move then he could probably force something if he genuinely wants the move.

BlackShark_80

De Gea didnt go on strike but he wanted to be in Madrid.

Sancho wants to leave but it doesnt mean he will throw his toys out the pram. He's a professional at a top club and will be able to get a big money move anytime.
Basically this mean Sancho want the move but not badly enough to make him throw his toys out of the pram.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
I suspect that the proposed 2 week lockdown in October would mean no paying spectators in stadiums this winter and the worst case financial scenario for the club.

Which means either Dortmund can see we are not lying, empathise with our predicament and compromise on the deal, because it’s also financially astute for them too.

Or it’s off.
It will definitely come in to the thinking. Dortmund will have fans back in the stadium this week (around 10,000) while we're looking less likely to have any for a while. There comes a point where you can't really blame us for walking away at the price rumoured.

bsCallout

Basically this mean Sancho want the move but not badly enough to make him throw his toys out of the pram.
No it means what I just said.

He's a professional and has people act on his behalf to get the best deals for him.
He's young and it's really not a big deal if he moved next summer.

Do you think Ronaldo really didnt want to go Madrid when he stayed with us another year?
Or De Gea really didnt want to go because he didn't have a sulk?

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22

Indefensible.

it really should be a tap in. The hardest thing Ed has to do is count the money.

Yet somehow we’ve managed to spend over a year on this deal, and still can’t get it done.

LordNinio

It just means he is a professional, and doesn't want to burn his bridges with a club that give him first team football and pay his wages.

Edit: It's something we should be happy about, if he came to united, he will likely be a model professional and not push for a move away.

Slysi17

I Don't even agree they're better in attack, Aubameyang is world class,Martial is superior to lacazette,Greenwood would win u more games than Willians maybe with the substitutes they've martinelli and saka......United haven't spent much(yet) but our first 11 is quality,only injuries should stop us from finishing above the likes of Tottenham and Arsenal plus Chelsea signings need to prove themselves first
Especially if we hopefully get Jadon Sancho. I think a front 3 of Sancho, Martial and Rashford is better than Arsenals front 3. Plus we would have Mason greenwood coming off the bench

Loon

:lol:
Until that window shuts, I refuse to believe anything.... ANYTHING.

Was that suitably dramatic enough?

MIC_FIN

Supports
United Away Games
If you want your first choice, you need to pay first choice price. We have no intention to do either. That's a ridiculous argument, the premise here is that everyone would be more than happy for us to sign Sancho, but we won't, because we won't pay what he costs. Where the issue lies is the fact that they're going to use his pursuit as justification for not making any other movements that we could use that money for instead.

Also you claim we're done chasing second choice but then use VDB as an example. He would have hardly been our first choice, when midfielders like Thiago were available, in positions we needed to strengthen, if not for our lack of interest in spending what's required.
Hadn't we already been interested in Thiago a few years ago?, he clearly doesn't fit the criteria of what Ole is looking for, in that he's building for the future. We have one of the youngest teams on average in the Premier league.

Sancho is exactly that. He's someone that will be around for a long time. Hence the likes of Bale going to Spuds and not here.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Crikey, some of you people have gone to such ridiculous lengths in putting Sancho on such a high pedestal that any,ANY! alternative would be deemed as the sole reason United have been failing in recent times.

If anything putting down a 120 million bid on 1 individual, in this climate, instead of focusing on enhancing the overall quality of the squad (with 2,3 top signings) is arguably more illustrative of WHY we have been failing.

And, honestly, if we do bring Sancho in, I'm expecting god like performances largely based on how much you guys have insanely overhyped the guy (who has ,for the time being, underwhelmed for England).

Bobade

it really should be a tap in. The hardest thing Ed has to do is count the money.

Yet somehow we’ve managed to spend over a year on this deal, and still can’t get it done.
It's not buying a Twix though is it ? It's over a hundred million pounds in a financial environment that is changing rapidly. Financial forecasting at the minute is very difficult to do, with assumptions changing every day.

If (and it's a big if I agree) , the club is still working on the transfer with this in mind and actively negotiating behind the scenes, then I'm happy with that and happy to be patient even though it is taking forever.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
We call this stage: "denial" in our seven-step program.

For the lowly price of $29.99, we can guide you on your journey of "emotional management" and provide a path of acceptance during these troubling times.

Adcuth

Absolutely rubbish logic. Makes it sound like the only way to prove you want a move is to act like a massive adult baby.
I'd have more respect for him if he didn't act like that. Who wants another cry baby at the club. Professionals only

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
I wonder what is our stance right now. Dortmund is clear about price. And what is more important they didn't sign replacement for him. So are we just confident that they will accept lower bid in last week of transfer window or deal is off and we are working on other targets?
The moment we sign other rw i think that deal will be officially off. Until then there is a chance that Ed knows something which we don't (Dortmund financial problems or something like that).

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
Big day today, Thiago is signing for Liverpool and Sancho is still in Dortmund

But today the bid will come in, tomorrow is the first game!

BlackShark_80

Absolutely rubbish logic. Makes it sound like the only way to prove you want a move is to act like a massive adult baby.
Well this is the only way to show how serious if a player want the move now. Sancho so far hasn't indicated he want to move and seem ok with staying for another year at Dortmund, which make them in strong position to keep him.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
imagine the scenes on here/IG/Twitter when this deal is actually called off :lol:
It would have been easier had it been called off early. The fact that fans have been given little glimmers of (false?) hope here and there, is going to make the shitstorm even worse. I just hope we start the season well to put the club in a somewhat positively mood given this window has been a big let down.

Status
Not open for further replies.