Jadon Sancho| Staying at Dortmund for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
So is that okay for you?
Not sure of the relevance. Im talking about what I think may happen not what I want. Its not ok for me that we have not signed him and we have a game today. Doesnt change reality though

RkkMan

We waited a year for Maguire and 6 months for Bruno. Im not entirely convinced we pay up this summer
We`ve technically waited one year for Sancho we didn`t pay up last year we will wait for 2 years?
Plus we only went for Bruno in January he was never a target in the summer its a myth we`ve waited 6 months for him our midfield target was Longstaff remember?

Cassidy

We`ve technically waited one year for Sancho we didn`t pay up last year we will wait for 2 years?
Plus we only went for Bruno in January he was never a target in the summer its a myth we`ve waited 6 months for him our midfield target was Longstaff remember?
He was definitely a target in the summer and it was not a myth

Skills

Snitch
There’s no arrogance.

Their model is to attract players who want to use Dortmund as a stepping stone to a big club. To attract those players, they need to sell them. Haaland, Sancho and Bellingham don’t go there with the intention of staying there.

They have been actively trying to sell him all summer.
Their model is to attract good young players. It's just that when those players become great, other bigger clubs are after them and they don't have the resources to keep them.

Even we get put in our place when Madrid comes after one of ours.

londonredmaniac

I suffer delusions of grandeur
Indeed and we did those in much more stable times.
Losing out on £5m every home game plus the rest has to be factored
Then do what other clubs are doing and find alternative targets.

If Sancho is a no go, it's hardly surprising given all that's gone on.

But if we end up going into the season with what we have now, it's a pathetic shot show from one of the biggest clubs on the world.

We have a lack of quality at CB, DM and RW...are we seriously saying that there is nobody for a reasonable price worth getting that wouldn't be an improvement on what we have?

Liverpool have signed one of the best midfielders around for a snip, City a young and talented player for a fraction, Arsenal were astute enough to find a player they needed for free...I'd even say that Chelsea did exceptionally well to get Werner for what they did.

Surely our scouting network is identifying suitable targets on a number of levels.

RkkMan

He was definitely a target in the summer and it was not a myth
It was only Portuguese tabloids which were linking him to us like Gaitan.Even Simon Stone that summer came out and said Bruno was not a serious target it was Longstaff but Newcastle wanted 50m

Lynty

It is getting a bit worrying.

If he ends up here by October 5th, then I think Ed and co are vindicated in pursing this transfer at the expense of all others. Vdb and Sancho clearly improve the areas we most needed to strengthen, and we would've spent over £140m in the depth of covid.

If Sancho doesn't arrive this window, then it raises serious questions.

Walking a tight rope.

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer
Some scrote down the pub could make the same supposition there as Ducker. Piss off

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Our scouting network searched through a million fullbacks and thought AWB was the best choice. So I wouldn't hold your breath on their abilities in that regard.

Cassidy

It was only Portuguese tabloids which were linking him to us like Gaitan.Even Simon Stone that summer came out and said Bruno was not a serious target it was Longstaff but Newcastle wanted 50m
Not true. Even the English press in Jan referenced our summer interest when we signed him but lets pretend. We didnt move for him in the summer as we didnt have the funds. We scouted him for well over a year before signing him and were at all his games leading up to that summer

Lynty

Our scouting network searched through a million fullbacks and thought AWB was the best choice. So I wouldn't hold your breath on their abilities in that regard.
I honestly don't think you'll be saying that in a few years

Cassidy

I think we may sign Sarr from Watford

ShinjiNinja26

Ducker saying absolutely nothing new just the same old shite we’ve been hearing for the last month. :rolleyes: There can only be two real possible updates at this stage, either we’ve agreed to pay the money and we sign him or we’ve ended our interest for the time being. Anything other than that is just filler bollocks that isn’t worth posting.

MrSingh2002

Demarai Gray anyone? He's out of contract end of the season so probs available for £10m. Sign Sancho next season and then James can be Rashfords backup on the left wing as we now would have two right wingers?

Their model is to attract good young players. It's just that when those players become great, other bigger clubs are after them and they don't have the resources to keep them.

Happened once with Ronaldo. That was Ronaldo wanting to go to specific club, not to any club that would pay the price.

Their model is to buy players with potential and to sell them. Doesn’t matter who the buyer is. Massive difference, and that’s the reason why players go there, so that 2-3 years down the line they have the game time under their belts that they wouldn’t have got, but now have the experience to move to a big club.

Cassidy

No, they moved on due to the price and that Watford wouldn’t offer a structured payment deal like Wolves have.
Agree. Looks like Sarr is still moving though and we’ve just loaned them Garner

RkkMan

Not true. Even the English press in Jan referenced our summer interest when we signed him but lets pretend. We didnt move for him in the summer as we didnt have the funds. We scouted him for well over a year before signing him and were at all his games leading up to that summer
We never attempted to sign him though no bid no enquiries just "monitoring" remember the reports that came out that we were concerned how Bruno "loses the ball a lot"??
Tottenham were the ones who seriously tried to buy him. He was a panic buy for us in January

Cassidy

We never attempted to sign him though no bid no enquiries just "monitoring" remember the reports that came out that we were concerned how Bruno "loses the ball a lot"??
Tottenham were the ones who seriously tried to buy him. He was a panic buy for us in January
Where did I say we attemtped to sign. I said we waited 6 months (which we clearly did) after speaking with his agents in the summer. By the way as of yet we have made 0 bids for Sancho officially

Cassidy

Also just to clarify we didnt wait a year for Sancho. We failed to make UCL last season and so he refused to join

Moiraine

Guys, i have a plan to find out if United are really going to sign him or not.

Lets find out Ed Woodward’s number and ask him.

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
Do you remember early August/late July? This thread was awash with positivity. We had shown massive improvements to finish 3rd, demonstrating in the process that we had an excellent first XI but virtually nothing that came close in reserve - particularly in an attacking sense.

We were told by BVB that the player, who we'd been courting for over a year, was available and willing to come, that they were willing to sell at a reasonable price. The door was opened, and we alone were being welcomed in.

Then the Ed, Matt and Other Prats show rolled up, and it's been nothing but negativity since then.

All our rivals have proceeded to invest and improve their squads in a more savvy and efficient manner to us, and all will add further quality before the window is shut. Arsenal will bring a new GK and one of Partey/Aouar, Chelsea will get a GK and probably Rice, City will at the very least bring in another top CB, and Liverpool will confirm Jota and another CB too. Spurs will confirm Reguilon - a player we've been linked with for over a month - and probably another striker.

We're falling behind at moment where it looked like we'd taken a real step forward, but we're evidently taking the familiar two-step-back approach we've all seen before. All the names and positions being focussed on by our direct rivals - although City and Pool are too far ahead of us to be called that - would be celebrated and valuable additions to our setup, with the exceptions of the GKs.

The lid needs to be lifted, the contents exposed, on how this cub is managed and ran from the top. We need a real inquest and exposure, even if it means those who love and genuinely care for this club ensuring immediate ties with it will be cut.

We'll probably announce both Sancho and Telles immediately after our 5-0 win later today.

christinaa

Gossip Girl
Supports
There's only one United!
Not sure of the relevance. Im talking about what I think may happen not what I want. Its not ok for me that we have not signed him and we have a game today. Doesnt change reality though
Are you a scouser?! :lol:

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
United aren't concerned with people on social media, going by the recent reports.
Of course they aren’t. The people running this club don’t give a shit about fans only what’s in their wallets.

The holy trinity 68

The disparager
This is a myth that seems to always get said and blatantly ignores facts. Please tell me how the club get’s put in it’s place.

Beckham and SAF fell out and Beckham almost signed for Barcelona instead of Real.

RVN was pushed out to make way for Rooney and Ronaldo.

Heinze wasn’t happy to play second fiddle to Evra and wanted to go to Liverpool but we would never sell to them. So we let him go to Real.

Ronaldo always wanted to go to Real and SAF promised him that he could go after one more season and at the time we got a world record fee.

DDG almost went but he didn’t go in the end.

flappyjay

It’s funny how some United fans belittle Dortmund. They attracted Haaland and Bellingham ahead of us. Been in a Champions League final more recently than us and qualify for the tournament every season.
Except they were looking for a club to use as a stepping stone. The elite will be battling it out for Haaland next summer. That being said I only have respect for Dortmund, United fans have been coming off as entitled during this saga sort of like madrid fans. That being said dortmund have to take a serious step and make themselves a final destination. For the most part Atletico have been able to hold on to their big players and made some big signings themselves. They could tried to find a decent deal with us and went for Havertz for instance

Status
Not open for further replies.