Jadon Sancho| Staying at Dortmund for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bratt

I could be wrong but I'd guess that, given the choice, most United fans would take Son ahead of Sancho in starting for United for the rest of this season.

Is Son worth £108m? No, of course not.
I wouldn’t, can’t answer for everybody else.
And I agree, Son ain’t worth that imo.

The Irish Connection

Zaha and Traore play best on the counter with acres of space ahead of them (same with Dan James)
At the moment we don’t have that luxury as our opponents are not leaving us that space.
We need players like Sancho or Grealish that can unlock defences that sit deep.
That s why I m not convinced with Sarr either - He looks like someone who likes to attack space.
Maybe Brooks but not totally convincing either.
Yes, that’s true to an extent, but I do think both have the ability to go past defenders with pace and trickery from standing starts. Traore loves skinning left backs and dinking it in.

Thiagoal

Remarkable failure if this is the case. I can accept not wanting or being able to spend that much on Sancho. But spending all that time trying to bring him in, only to fall short with two weeks of the window left, is shockingly bad. At this point it’s hard to see who’s around that we could even go for. Either Woodward stumps up the cash, or this window looks like a huge failure.
You make it sound like we’ve spent 24 hours a day locked in talks! The truth is we probably had discussions with intermediaries where Sancho agreed to join us but the fee was too high. We’ve probably outlined what we’d be happy to pay and are waiting to see if Dortmund back down. If they don’t then it’s no deal...

Redcy

Why would palace sell zaha for £45m. Why would he come here? Palace would want 60m, traore more

bondsname

Give us some names. The only one I have seen discussed who is viable is chiesa
If I was a scout at a major club you'd be damn sure I'd at least have one other option. I dont sit around and scout players all day on my free time, so I don't know better. You dont have to know how to do better to criticize, with that logic you can't criticize a song, a movie, a politician, a car or whatever. Call me an armchair expert because I expect my club to know better and act better.

Sorry for the nonsensical outburst, there's a lot of talk at the board level in this club and I'm just so fecking tired of it.

Highfather_24

When he joins Liverpool/Chelsea eventually, and becomes one of the best players in the world, that would feel so good wouldnt it.

Rolaholic

They can't be more emphatic than that. When do they play Bayern, will enjoy watching them get smashed.
They won't be coming close to touching Bayern in the league this year but at least they get to feel high and mighty for a few months now after Bayern publicly belittling them about being a little brother selling club a few months ago.

At least for an extra few months anyway before he's fed up and decides to force a step up in his career.

Redcy

If I was a scout at a major club you'd be damn sure I'd at least have one other option. I dont sit around and scout players all day on my free time, so I don't know better. You dont have to know how to do better to criticize, with that logic you can't criticize a song, a movie, a politician, a car or whatever. Call me an armchair expert because I expect my club to know better and act better.

Sorry for the nonsensical outburst, there's a lot of talk at the board level in this club and I'm just so fecking tired of it.
would you? Why not for fun go through say the top 5 leagues , only one hundred clubs and look at the rw options for price and ability. United would only be looking in them as we need a first xi player

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Sign a central defender, left back and Loan a right winger.

Just try him again next year. Just fecking move on.

Fooza

Dortmund: Sancho is staying
Caf: They bluffing and want united to pay the full amount
1113 pages later....
Caf: Okay, maybe they are serious after all

Hate to see it, this thread should not go into the classics but should burn in the depths of hell.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
When he joins Liverpool/Chelsea eventually, and becomes one of the best players in the world, that would feel so good wouldnt it.
This is going to happen next summer. Maybe Klopp's next big buy. They haven't spent much this or last summer I believe.

TrueRed79

How people thought we'd break our transfer record during a pandemic with unprecedented losses on the way is beyond stupid. Yeah i'm sure they tried to negotiate the upfront part down to a reasonable amount, but when your owned and ran by con artists, you always start from a position of weakness. We weren't willing to stump up what they wanted and that was as plain to see from my point of view. A lot of you assumed Dortmund would fold, not a chance when he still has three years left on his contract. All the talk out out the club was about us being prudent during these unprecedented times. Don't know why you couldn't see that would be the case when you factor that in, along with our spending after qualifying for CL.

GameOn

They won't be coming close to touching Bayern in the league this year but at least they get to feel high and mighty for a few months now after Bayern publicly belittling them about being a little brother selling club a few months ago.

At least for an extra few months anyway before he's fed up and decides to force a step up in his career.
Well, now it seems like they aren't actually selling.

I don't get why some are blaming and insulting Dortmund for NOT selling Sancho, when they would also be the first ones to bash them FOR actually selling him ("Still a selling club", "Won't even try to compete with Bayern" etc.).

If anything you should be mad at our board and no one else. Dortmund made it clear that they had a specific deadline, they named their price and our board simply didn't pay up. To make matters worse, they still gave away vibes of actually being able to lower the price etc., while Dortmund just closed the chapter (like they said all along) and didn't bother anymore.

This utter embarassment is solely on Woodward & Co.

elnorte

Freaky fly day
I kind of agree. There is definitely a risk with sancho, to the point I’m thinking would the money be better spent on getting Zaha and Traore who are proven in the premier league. Sancho I find slows down the tempo sometimes instead of just going at the defence. I would still be delighted if we signed him but it’s definitely a massive fee with risk to it.
I know. What level do you think Zaha or Traore would or could potentially take us to?

bondsname

would you? Why not for fun go through say the top 5 leagues , only one hundred clubs and look at the rw options for price and ability. United would only be looking in them as we need a first xi player
I dont have the energy to look through the top 5 leagues for a winger, so I have to accept that you are correct. I was wrong and I take I everything I said. The main point I was making though is if Sancho is worth it, or if we should have spent time looking elsewhere. I certainly feel like we could have put energy into sorting out other areas that are important too.

For the record, if Sancho do come, I will root for him and support him of course, but I'm worried for him, and for us, maybe the money could've been used more efficiently to and I'm worried we'll be left with a player with low confidence, a huge transfer fee with big shoes to fill. If he joins United you just know that he is going to be our star boy for a month before people start crucifying him for small mistakes. He can become a world-beater, but he is young and it's a major responsibility to play for United, especially in today's day and age. Just because Sancho might be the only option, it doesn't mean he's the right one.

Fooza

Lots of toys will be thrown out of the pram
Not even a whisper of another RW target which will at least give hope for someone else. Also means we have to be stuck on this thread till deadline.

Sickening to be going into another season without a RW.

Last edited:

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
I read somewhere Zorc is leaving next year and wants a shot at winning the title this year. I guess Sancho is not going anywhere because no way they will be even close to Bayern without him

talking robot

Wish the club would just move past this transfer and focus on strengthening elsewhere asap. For short term cover I’d take perisic for smalling in a swap. sell James next summer to help finance a renewed and hopefully decisive move for Sancho then.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Wish the club would just move past this transfer and focus on strengthening elsewhere asap. For short term cover I’d take perisic for smalling in a swap. sell James next summer to help finance a renewed and hopefully decisive move for Sancho then.
I think the club did move on from this transfer, I think they moved on a long time ago

GameOn

This is going to happen next summer. Maybe Klopp's next big buy. They haven't spent much this or last summer I believe.
They've spent about £81 million on Thiago (£27 million with add-ons), Jota (£42 million) and Tsimikas (£12 million).
That's actually pretty much for those Corona times.

EwanI Ted

You make it sound like we’ve spent 24 hours a day locked in talks! The truth is we probably had discussions with intermediaries where Sancho agreed to join us but the fee was too high. We’ve probably outlined what we’d be happy to pay and are waiting to see if Dortmund back down. If they don’t then it’s no deal...
The failure is in our lack of a decent alternative. It looks like we’ve gambled it all on getting Sancho, failed, then been left with little time to find a replacement. Two weeks left to find someone, but right now it looks like a cock up to me.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Contents of this thread:

70% - discussing the page count
20% - asking for a summary due to too many pages
10% - Romano saying the same thing every day whilst nothing changes

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
You tell em!

For what it’s worth, I still think they’d sell if we paid the money
They will. And I think we will pay.

I think we will stump it up when Smalling leaves. That's my punt.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
Yeah, this transfer is dead in the water.

I don't think Dortmund would accept now even if it was bang on their £120 million estimation. It's too late in the window and the football has already begun. Game over.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Not even a whisper of another RW target which will at least give hope for someone else. Also means we have to be stuck on this thread till deadline.

Sickening to be going into another season without a RW.
We'll buy Sarr for £64 million during the last week of the window.

Status
Not open for further replies.