Jadon Sancho| Staying at Dortmund for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

El Zoido

I've not read this, but I'm guessing this is about that £65m clause? Why the hell didn't United just tell Dortmund they could not negotiate until that was dealt with? It's hardly a secret.
How do you know they didn’t?

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
There's a weird **** on here who are determined to be negative and wanting everyone to believe that this deal won't happen. Maybe it won't, but why are people so insistent on making others believe it won't happen?? Especially when all media reports say the same thing, we are apart in valuation but the deal is still alive. It's not like Griezmann or Dybala or De Ligt when the reliable sources shut them down as soon as our pursuit ended.
I bet it correlates to outlook on life. I try to live my life as always 'glass half full'.
I suspect those who've constantly carped on about how this deal cant happen and we are idiots for not seeing it are 'glass half empty' type folk.

starman

This can stretch a few more days of Sky regurgitating the same nonsense on their transfer show. As boring as the 'saga' is its probably pulls in the most viewers when there any kind of news, even if its bs and probably actually dead.

GoldanoGraham

You could also have the deal agreed and ready to sign the papers on the 1st October. You don't have to wait until September 30th to put in your offer.
You can’t do things like that when you are listed - you have to be overt otherwise things can be classed as ‘insider trading’....a deal like this will affect the share price

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Not happening, been dead since Dortmunds deadline. Even if we bid the asking price (we won't), Sancho won't request a transfer so it's all for nothing. We should've moved on ages ago if we knew we couldn't afford him, that's what the fan annoyance is. Its fine if we couldn't afford Sancho or chose to not spend 100m+ on him. But thats not an excuse for ignoring all the other alternatives.

ScarleyUtd

What investors know and whats actually on the books of accounts and what should be displayed on the books of accounts are two very very different things though

Covenants can be easily waived though especially during a pandemic and if you have shown you have the finances to eventually pay it back which Utd defo do its not as big a crisis as people are making it out to be the covenant thing was speculation to give Utd more negative PR
Let's not forget the accounts are filed in that finance black hole the Cayman Islands. So who will ever know the reason? It could actually explain, or not explain, a lot of how we operate.

Shark

@NotShark
If the fee United want to pay is still below what Dortmund want, how is this still alive? Going in more circles :lol:

RedAustrian

They are clearly negotiating with Dortmund right now. Why Dortmund keep on going with this and it doesn’t make any sense if we bid and it doesn’t get accepted.

Cloud7

I'm back in 100% now. Happy Sancho September everyone. This is so on.

Grylte

"nothing wrong with some friendly incest, bro"
Guess it's safe to buy that shirt with 7 Sancho on the back now!

Amerifan

There's a weird **** on here who are determined to be negative and wanting everyone to believe that this deal won't happen. Maybe it won't, but why are people so insistent on making others believe it won't happen?? Especially when all media reports say the same thing, we are apart in valuation but the deal is still alive. It's not like Griezmann or Dybala or De Ligt when the reliable sources shut them down as soon as our pursuit ended.
When we get Sancho they’ll be the first ones to complain we paid too much. I’m not sure if they’re trolls who hate the club or are just sad people. Either way the ignore button is your friend.

RUCK4444

Not happening, been dead since Dortmunds deadline. Even if we bid the asking price (we won't), Sancho won't request a transfer so it's all for nothing. We should've moved on ages ago if we knew we couldn't afford him, that's what the fan annoyance is. Its fine if we couldn't afford Sancho or chose to not spend 100m+ on him. But thats not an excuse for ignoring all the other alternatives.
Believers like myself believe that the former isn't true which is why they latter isn't required.

Acquire Me

They would sell faster than you can say Floccinaucinihilipilification if we offered them the full asking price.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
If we bid the asking price why would Sancho need to request a transfer? Odd logic. We give them what they want, they'll pack his bags.
Likelihood is we will bid and its shy of what Dortmund want.

croadyman

If the fee United want to pay is still below what Dortmund want, how is this still alive? Going in more circles :lol:
Yeah this is the part that I am struggling to get my head around too,it's always been €120m or no deal

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I love the arrogance of posters thinking they can definitely say this is on or off when they have utterly no idea on what's going on.

MUFC OK

I love the arrogance of posters thinking they can definitely say this is on or off when they have utterly no idea on what's going on.
There's been no change since the start of August - we want him but only for approx 90m and probs with installments.

BVB have been very consistent that its 108m upfront or bust. I guess we'll find out if they were bluffing but to me it's clear that unless we pay the asking price then this simply doesn't happen. Oh and another big club will pay in excess of 108m next summer - and Dortmund know this.

MUFC OK

It's not. Brief is basically us saying "hey Zorc, if you've changed your mind and are interested in approx 70m + installments, you know where we are".

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
I bet it correlates to outlook on life. I try to live my life as always 'glass half full'.
I suspect those who've constantly carped on about how this deal cant happen and we are idiots for not seeing it are 'glass half empty' type folk.
those who have "carped on", have witnessed Woodward at work for many years now... that's why, Dr Freud

RUCK4444

There's been no change since the start of August - we want him but only for approx 90m and probs with installments.

BVB have been very consistent that its 108m upfront or bust. I guess we'll find out if they were bluffing but to me it's clear that unless we pay the asking price then this simply doesn't happen. Oh and another big club will pay in excess of 108m next summer - and Dortmund know this.
Regarding the bolded, This theory has been shot down really with the latest on fans not being allowed back in stadiums and how much of an impact that will have.

Not to mention many of the big clubs don’t really need him.

I think their best option (for the biggest amount of cash) is to sell to United now for close to what they were asking originally.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan

Given you are so certain, please tell me who this other club is and where they will find £108m +

MUFC OK

Regarding the bolded, This theory has been shot down really with the latest on fans not being allowed back in stadiums and how much of an impact that will have.

I think their best option (for the biggest amount of cash) is to sell to United now for close to what they were asking originally.
I don't see why they'd fold to our low ball demands at this stage. Player is happy to stay, they've been very vocal about how they're happy to retain him, he has a long contract and his value will not drop below what we're supposedly offering.

Don't forget as well that their main domestic rivals have just won the treble so selling their star asset is probably not top of their priority list this summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.