Jadon Sancho| Staying at Dortmund for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

talking robot

We are hoping Sancho will agitate for a move after we submit the official bid, thus lowering the price. If he doesn't we move on. It's a dumb strategy at so many levels (especially given that the original asking price is fair), but it's where we are.

RkkMan

Few things:
1. PR - they know they ain't signing him imo, but these reports give some people a renewed sense of belief.
2. Social media involvement. It's been the biggest story of the summer bar maybe Messi, despite being a transfer that won't even happen. They have admitted in the past to loving being linked to big named players, it generates revenue and intrigue etc.
3. It distracts from the fact that we aren't going to be making any significant signings, it's an easy excuse. "We couldn't sign anyone, Sancho took up all our efforts" etc
4. I doubt they'll come out and straight up say they ain't interested in him anymore, it's very clear to them that everyone is on edge, they want to give off the impression that they tried their best. Would be a PR nightmare. Easier option is to just let the window run it's course and hope everyone either 1. gets sick of complaining/protesting or 2. gets distracted by the ongoing season
1. If they knew they won`t sign him then why are there reports of Ole getting frustrated with transfers? He would have been told from the word go its a no go
2. Yes it is true the attention gains clicks but not getting him after giving the full impression that they worked hard on it for over a year is a PR disaster that will generate negativity and could cause question marks for shareholders(current and prospective) over whether Utd are actually capable of completing deals.
3. Fans are not believing the BS anymore if you`ve seen how they`ve been reacting on twitter fact that Ed`s mouthpieces have come out saying how they feel there is "too much negativity" says everything
4. They came out before with other big names them coming out now would be no different and it would be the standard procedure. There will still be a big PR disaster if the deal isn`t done because EVERYONE even non Utd fans are bashing Utd left right and centre cause of how incompetent they`ve been and if we were to drop more points to Brighton after Palace then the timing of releasing the eventual "truth" looks ten times more foolish and backlash will be even bigger so they would have been better off coming out before
Luckily what you say is an opinion but FAR from the truth if you look at it from all angles. The deal is still very much in the works and the reports saying Utd believe a deal can be done are accurate whether we actually complete it is the question. Maybe we`ve been told if we bid slightly lesser than BVB`s price Sancho may agitate for a move lets see but not everything coming out is PR there is a lot more truth than you think

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
Sneijder was worse than this in that it was running on absolutely nothing for weeks and weeks. At least with this we haven’t had the muppets completely ignoring our manager’s adamant stance there will be no more signings. There is still hope.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Sneijder was worse than this in that it was running on absolutely nothing for weeks and weeks. At least with this we haven’t had the muppets completely ignoring our manager’s adamant stance there will be no more signings. There is still hope.
it's the "hope" or false briefings / positive tweets that are making it worse.

If we'd have said 2 weeks ago - sorry no Sancho this year we can't afford to spend what they're asking. We'd all have moaned and accepted it now. Instead it's being kept alive and people are getting impatient.

I have no idea why it's being left so late if we are truly serious about making a significant bid. I assume we will end up not making one and it'll just get brushed over in the media.

DevilRed

We were never this close to making a bid for sneijider.

:lol:

Dembeza

And when you factor in them making the loan of Kovacic permanent and signing Pulisic?
Hazard +143
Pulisic - 58
Kovacic - 40
Morata + 48

Chelsea had extra cash of 93 mil that they are now using this window.

thomas porter

I have no faith in Ed and Matt Judge pulling off an end of the window coup like this.. I mean they can't even seal the Alex Telles deal and thats a seemingly simple deal. As well Dortmund have to be confident they can get more money from him next window anyways so why cave now?

luke511

"Deal is very much alive"
"I can't see united writing a cheque for over £100 million"

RkkMan

In the same way as someone in a vegetative state is still alive. Utterly brain dead and being kept alive by a bunch of tubes connected to the internet.
Check the video I posted and you`re free not to reply to any news if you believe it`s dead

RkkMan

"Deal is very much alive"
"I can't see united writing a cheque for over £100 million"
The last part is more of his opinion rather than a fact so I wouldn`t act too confused or take it too literally

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
For all we know though this has always been the plan. Maybe there are other people lined up to come in as soon as the Sancho deal gets done.

Maybe there is an alternative waiting in the wings if we don’t get Sancho and then maybe there are other positions we will go for if we don’t get him.

Maybe I’m being naive but I doubt Woodward and Judge have got to where they are being that negligent that they wouldn’t have contingency plans and be working on other things.

Most of the stuff we read about their failings I’m sure is just BS. Like this agent offering us a top player and he has no idea why we aren’t intrested. What kind of story is that. It’s was probably Bale, Luis Suarez Or Cavanni or something.
If Sancho deal doesn't happen by October 5th, we still have some time after to sign Championship players like Sarr or Brooks

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
Something is definitely going on our end for this renewed optimism in the media.

Brophs

The One and Only
Check the video I posted and you`re free not to reply to any news if you believe it`s dead
I mean, I was just making a lazy gag around the phrase “still alive” but okay, let’s all show this thread of molten human waste the respect it so obviously deserves.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Something is definitely going on our end for this renewed optimism in the media.
Sounds like we've told them we will make a bid of £90m and hope that's enough. Seems this has been our plan all along. I guess Dortmund will keep tightly lipped until something official is offered.

Status
Not open for further replies.