Jadon Sancho| Staying at Dortmund for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andersons Dietician

I'm going crazy. It's not so much that we're not get Sancho, which was the one signing I do want this year, it's the total lack of planning and execution.

If indeed spending £100m on Sancho is too much, then why faff around all transfer wind and not strengthen other areas and just call it a day on the Sancho deal.

Fans are becoming increasingly disillusioned with the way the club conducts its business, rather than the signing of any one particular player.
For all we know though this has always been the plan. Maybe there are other people lined up to come in as soon as the Sancho deal gets done.

Maybe there is an alternative waiting in the wings if we don’t get Sancho and then maybe there are other positions we will go for if we don’t get him.

Maybe I’m being naive but I doubt Woodward and Judge have got to where they are being that negligent that they wouldn’t have contingency plans and be working on other things.

Most of the stuff we read about their failings I’m sure is just BS. Like this agent offering us a top player and he has no idea why we aren’t intrested. What kind of story is that. It’s was probably Bale, Luis Suarez Or Cavanni or something.

Craig Ward

The fact we haven't moved on is telling for me.

I think the club believes something can be done and its all eggs in one basket. Such a waste of time if we end up paying the full whack - he could have been signed weeks ago!

If we have another full season with only Greenwood and James as RW, with Mata and Lingard as back ups it's going to be pretty dismal.

Greenwood is a 9, James is a LW and the other two have no future here.

Grim

SATA

I think United has got its confidence and positive signs from the agents who are dealing with BVB. Agents must have sounded out that BVB would be willing to do a deal if you bid so and so and how much while United are finding the money for it. And the price of 120M euros, has BVB ever officially said that this is the price to get Sancho? Or it’s just a figure threw up by the journos like Romano?

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
Then why have we gone through the extreme hassle for months of agreeing terms with his camp and Sancho himself?

Have we?? where did you hear that?

Unless you think all these credible journos got bribed by some Mafia to make fake stories.

Absolutely they do - most of what most of them say and report is total garbage and speculation

Utd making a bid during the final stage of the window financially makes sense as it saves them millions in wages during a pandemic compared to if we had signed Sancho earlier. Whether Utd actually bid whats required is the question not if they will make one

Millions in wages?? Steady on there old chap.

RUCK4444

I think United has got its confidence and positive signs from the agents who are dealing with BVB. Agents must have sounded out that BVB would be willing to do a deal if you bid so and so and how much while United are finding the money for it. And the price of 120M euros, has BVB ever officially said that this is the price to get Sancho? Or it’s just a figure threw up by the journos like Romano?
Yeah for sure the agents are the ones driving this on and that’s what is creating the confidence at United to keep working on this.

rotherham_red

See, this doesn't make any sense.

If the odds were so overwhelmingly against the deal happening, why persevere?

Most of the fanbase have pretty much turned on Wood and Judge already and aren't expecting him to come in, so short of Woody actually stumping up the funds he's going to get pilloried either way.

If it's over, just say it. None of this bollocks about us still believing a deal can be done. It's insulting.

SATA

Most of the fanbase have pretty much turned on Wood and Judge already and aren't expecting him to come in, so short of Woody actually stumping up the funds he's going to get pilloried either way.

If it's over, just say it. None of this bollocks about us still believing a deal can be done. It's insulting.
Because it’s actually not over? There’s a deal still to be done and United are getting this confidence from the intermediaries who sre talking to BVB

GoldanoGraham

Until the quarterly accounts are closed (30th Sep) I do not believe there will be any real money movements - that could well be sales as well - interestingly numbers are not going to be published until after window closes - expect everything that we have been working on to either complete (or fall apart) between 1st and 5th Oct - this is a complete Investor Relations management/expectation process.......

If there is to be a Sancho bid then you would have to assume that the deal and structure have been agreed and it’s been held up because of accounting policies - if it hasn’t been agreed then it would be staggering arrogance or incompetence and there will be a fans meltdown.....I’m sure a lot will come to light in the days following the window closing......with Covid being the universally used excuse for anything negative.....

Think next week is going to be lively......

rotherham_red

Because it’s actually not over? There’s a deal still to be done and United are getting this confidence from the intermediaries who sre talking to BVB
I had the same feelings up until the last day or so. It's certainly possible, but everything and the noise from the serious journalists is that it's as dead as a Dodo.

Womp

idiot

Few things:
1. PR - they know they ain't signing him imo, but these reports give some people a renewed sense of belief.
2. Social media involvement. It's been the biggest story of the summer bar maybe Messi, despite being a transfer that won't even happen. They have admitted in the past to loving being linked to big named players, it generates revenue and intrigue etc.
3. It distracts from the fact that we aren't going to be making any significant signings, it's an easy excuse. "We couldn't sign anyone, Sancho took up all our efforts" etc
4. I doubt they'll come out and straight up say they ain't interested in him anymore, it's very clear to them that everyone is on edge, they want to give off the impression that they tried their best. Would be a PR nightmare. Easier option is to just let the window run it's course and hope everyone either 1. gets sick of complaining/protesting or 2. gets distracted by the ongoing season

pascell

Chelsea sold Morata and Hazard and because of the transfer ban they never spent that money, they are spending it this season. Their net spend is actually lower than 155 mil if you factor in the above.
And when you factor in them making the loan of Kovacic permanent and signing Pulisic?

Red71

For all we know though this has always been the plan. Maybe there are other people lined up to come in as soon as the Sancho deal gets done.

Maybe there is an alternative waiting in the wings if we don’t get Sancho and then maybe there are other positions we will go for if we don’t get him.

Maybe I’m being naive but I doubt Woodward and Judge have got to where they are being that negligent that they wouldn’t have contingency plans and be working on other things.

Most of the stuff we read about their failings I’m sure is just BS. Like this agent offering us a top player and he has no idea why we aren’t intrested. What kind of story is that. It’s was probably Bale, Luis Suarez Or Cavanni or something.
I’ve convinced myself of the same, particularly your first paragraph. We can’t be pleading poverty in our negotiations whilst spending cash on other players. I think we’re approaching the end of this saga for Sancho and IF we get this over the line, another one will follow quickly after (Telles?).

red thru&thru

I don't doubt Judge or Woodwards acumen, however, it doesn't mean they know it all. Every industry is different to the next.

When it comes to transfer dealings, there is a great article by Mitten in GQ about this. The dark arts of transfers...which they surly do not have.

Okey

If we're indeed making a bid (which would represent a seismic move in this most lethargic window of ours), then surely the time to make it is tonight? Dortmund play tomorrow afternoon. See what the bid does to the player/team, which usually is a good guide as to how it'll go.

MDFC Manager

When it comes to transfer dealings, there is a great article by Mitten in GQ about this. The dark arts of transfers...which they surly do not have.
The question then is, whether they do know they lack that skill. And if yes, why do they not get someone to get that ramped up.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
BVB has also been sounded out by the agents that United is willing to pay the full whack too.

RedDevilUnited369

The way this is being played out in the media, it will be an immense L if we don’t come through now.

That’s the one shred of hope I have left. Ed doesn’t want to overpay but I know he doesn’t want to look stupid over this deal unless we really do not have the money.

But, I know if we haven’t got the money, we could get it...so back to Ed’s ego pulling this one through.

red thru&thru

The question then is, whether they do know they lack that skill. And if yes, why do they not get someone to get that ramped up.
They surely must know this. Everyone from everywhere says it and they read the media. But I suppose sometimes your ego takes over and wants to prove a point.

This is why everyone wants a DoF I guess, to do the negotiating. God knows why it hasn't happened yet.

Neo_Mufc

I can't wait till this is over and Sancho does not sign. The servers will definitely break down.

Status
Not open for further replies.