Jadon Sancho| Staying at Dortmund for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Is this even news?

By all accounts Dortmund's line hasn't changed for over a month.

It is slightly ridiculous that we have let it come to this, knowing what Dortmund's stance is.

Is this another example of what Evra was talking about? United trusting the wrong people? Clearly, for some reason, United have been working under the illusion that if we come in at the last minute we can negotiate Dortmund down. Dunno who led the club to think this but it seems inaccurate.

Withnail

Is this even news?

It is slightly ridiculous that we have let it come to this, knowing what Dortmund's stance is.

Is this another example of what Evra was talking about? United trusting the wrong people? Clearly, for some reason, United have been working under the illusion that if we come in at the last minute we can negotiate Dortmund down. Dunno who led the club to think this but it seems inaccurate.
In general, a lot of deals get done at the last minute often for a lower price than would have been possible earlier in the window. Brinkmanship is a widely used negotiation tactic.

lsd

The Oracle
Why do people still think this is going to happen?! Dortmund and players around Sancho wouldn't have made statements like the ones they did if there was even a remote chance of him going away. They will all stand to look like fools now if United pull the transfer through. It will also make United look bigger and let's be honest, have we ever had a big money transfer wherein United have looked like the the club that came out on top in negotiations? Big transfers go through finally when we pay up more than what was needed. Going by that logic, United would have to pay around €130M to complete this transfer now. That sure is not happening.

I posted some similar negative bullshit in Pogba transfer thread and the transfer then went on to happen. Now, I'm not a superstitious person. But I'd sell my left nut in hopes of seeing some quality down our dreadful right hand side. So here we are. I hope this post serves its purpose.

Players say what they told too by and large and don't really care how they look saying it ie " i love this club and will always do my best for the greatest fans in the world " one week before going on strike to join their biggest rivals and get them out of their "hell"

crossy1686

career ending
Is this even news?

Why don't we let this week play out first before we start jumping to conclusions?

scorgasm

Last Man Standing champion 2020/21
So the bid is there but some sources last night said United have denied it? Now watch us go in with a 'second' bid and it'll be the one Dortmund wants
I remember some years ago a BBC sports journalist did a Q+A and said they have to verify any transfer news / bids with two independent sources. Not sure if that's still the case but it would explain why Stone / Nurse are often slower and have been known to tweet stuff contrary to other British journos. It sounds like Dortmund have leaked the bid. Whether they have done it to apply pressure and force United to pay what they want or because they want to show they are serious Sancho isn't for sale is yet to be seen... it rumbles on.

Thisistheone

Is this even news?

Evra the other week, Gary Neville this morning.

We are the butt of all jokes for a reason. Everyone knows how badly we are run.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Why wait until the last week and disrupt the start of our season.

Everything has already been said about the back room staff but it really is an embarrassment.

RUCK4444

So the bid is there but some sources last night said United have denied it? Now watch us go in with a 'second' bid and it'll be the one Dortmund wants
I think this 'bid' yesterday is likely to be some of the ongoing discussions being leaked, press then confirming that as a bid. I think we are trying to get to that magic number which is why we may have denied the initial reports of a bid yesterday, clearly this is ongoing, getting close to the end game now.

I just hope we push the boat out and get this done, no other alternative scenario is either better for us on the pitch or off the pitch from a PR perspective. imo.

crossy1686

career ending

Everything has already been said about the back room staff but it really is an embarrassment.
Maybe that is the optimal time to get Sancho on the cheap? Let's say we do get him, and we get him for cheaper than the quoted price. What then?

jackal&hyde

Yeah. It's not like it's the clubs record signing, the PL record signing and in a difficult environment.

Christ, some of you lot are like spoiled children. I want it and i want it now.

RUCK4444

Maybe that is the optimal time to get Sancho on the cheap? Let's say we do get him, and we get him for cheaper than the quoted price. What then?
Yeah regardless of how inept people claim Ed and the board to be, there must be a clear reason to take it to this stage of the transfer window before bidding.

It's a bit naive to think Ed's been sitting on his hands rocking back and forth like some ape and has only now thought to pickup the phone and put a bid in. I know people like to pretend that's the reality but no matter how unlikable the guy is, he's an established high level banker who is clearly well versed in money. If he's left it late it's because there was a reason.

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
If we were not planning on bidding again, we'd have briefed as much.

Sancho pushing for the move and another bid going in by the weekend is nailed on.

He's played his last game for Dortmund. You love to see it.

RiqCantona

Said this last week!
If after 2 months of back and forth, we end up bidding €30mn less than BVB's valuation of €120mn only to get rejected - it would be an utter embarrassment!
EXACTLY what happened according to reports. This is completely nonsensical. Ridiculous negotiation and transfer strategy.

Thisistheone

I don't know, it's not looking like he will be on the cheap? We've had a bid rejected just like Dortmund said would happen. We will have to pay what they want or forget it. Same as 2 months ago. Meanwhile we've already dropped 3 points at home to Palace. And we continue to be weaker for not having Sancho in the side.

Womp

idiot
Are there any credible journos who actually believe this is happening? The British journos claim we had a bid rejected and are unsure if we will go back in, the German journos like Funkemonkeysport claim that they won't even sell for 150m this summer due to the deadline.

We are also running out of time for the whole 'Sancho is forcing us to sell him' rubbish to play out too, which is realistically the only way Dortmund save any kind of face from this saga.

I think we will get Dembele over the line or Sarr. I'd be very excited by the former, think he could really turn his career around. As much as I want it to be Sancho, it just doesn't seem like we want to pay what they want. It's been well documented all summer that they wanted 120m, we come in with an offer we know they will reject with like 4 days of the transfer window left. It seems like a 'we tried' kind of offer to me, makes no sense.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
I am starting a muppets well being club after this saga because I think it will end in disappointment.

Jonesno.8

Its ok lads, similar to an early post about a Time Machine, I too was able to get my hands on the 2030 Sports Illustrated Almanac of the decade and low and behold under 20/21 PFA Player of the Year was J Sancho for Man Utd. Sorted.

It really is the hope that kills you on these longer threads. Better happen after all this.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
A tweet built for engagements.

United, clearly, have a figure in mind that's too much. If that hasn't been reached I guess they'll try again. If it has then I guess they'll move to plan B.

However, as I've said before (many times), I'd love to know what has given United the confidence to drag this out. Maybe in the end they're just going to pay the £108m and just want it to be a deadline day thing that 'breaks the internet'?

Macern

Pee pee pants
I still can't see this happening. I don't really understand why everyone are so positive about this. That actually makes me a bit hopeful, but the way Borussia have been acting since the 10th of August makes me believe there's a very small chance of this happening.

Status
Not open for further replies.