Jadon Sancho| Staying at Dortmund for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

DevilRed

A tweet built for engagements.

United, clearly, have a figure in mind that's too much. If that hasn't been reached I guess they'll try again. If it has then I guess they'll move to plan B.

However, as I've said before (many times), I'd love to know what has given United the confidence to drag this out. Maybe in the end they're just going to pay the £108m and just want it to be a deadline day thing that 'breaks the internet'?
Yes this is definitely an attention grab and/or financial quarter thing.

One way or the other, we are going to make the headlines for breaking the transfer record or as the laughing stock of football.

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
What bid is he talking about? I thought it was a false bid
United knew it would be rejected, so they likely denied it. The next bid (which im sure will happen) could well be accepted, which United will say is the only bid they've ever submitted.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
A tweet built for engagements.

United, clearly, have a figure in mind that's too much. If that hasn't been reached I guess they'll try again. If it has then I guess they'll move to plan B.

However, as I've said before (many times), I'd love to know what has given United the confidence to drag this out. Maybe in the end they're just going to pay the £108m and just want it to be a deadline day thing that 'breaks the internet'?
More likely they’re delaying payment until as late as possible the same way people don’t pay their bills until the day they’re due. Whatever the reason it’s certainly not a footballing decision.

romufc

Everyone getting excited about the bid, the British journalist claiming bid gone it this week, Farbizio and others claiming it is the same bid that was put in August. If that is the case, do not see why there is no much noise around this.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Wonder if we expect a second bid today or if it's expected tomorrow :drool:

BlahRules

United knew it would be rejected, so they likely denied it. The next bid (which im sure will happen) could well be accepted, which United will say is the only bid they've ever submitted.
If we match Dortmund's asking price then Woodward need to explain this nonsense when Sancho could have helped us win the Crystal Palace game.

Goku23

If we match Dortmund's asking price then Woodward need to explain this nonsense when Sancho could have helped us win the Crystal Palace game.
Fully agree what nonsense we try and save every penny on every transfer when we always pay the asking price in the end cant teach an old dog new tricks as the saying goes

dove

If we need Sancho to beat CP then he is not the one that has to explain it.

Denis' cuff

Love the Muppets on here. Rate them better than Sancho. Wouldn’t mind some wall posters of top muppets. Let’s have em lads. feck the players. Real life heroes.

Honestly not arsed anymore. Depends whatever else we do. This guy has been built up so much, no way he is living up to it. Pogba lesson learned. I know it doesn’t prove... etc and glad Woowoo is actually getting off his arse (Not sure he is)

might take up stamp collecting, train spotting, twitching, or petrol bombing cnuts like Martin Atkinson (he’d probably enjoy that so I’d target his goldfish) Mike Dean, Aaron Connolly.

MDFC Manager

Something wrong with your sense of smell mate. Get to the doctors. The only thing in the air right now is the smell of SanchON
Will be extremely happy to be proved wrong! I'm getting increasingly bipolar about this transfer :lol:

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
Really? He never had to explain it when we won 1 out of Moyes’ first 3 games and made his only new signing on deadline day.

Or when we failed to win any of our first 3 games in 14/15 and were playing Tom Cleverley and Danny Welbeck still until a late flurry of 5 signings in 2 weeks was made with practically all of them turning out shite.

Or when we started 15/16 scoring 1 goal in our first 3 games until we signed Martial on deadline day.

He also never had to explain himself when he failed to deliver a winger in 17/18 and a centre-back in 18/19.

Funnily enough we were one of the few clubs who voted against the transfer window being moved to before the start of the season and we’ve had 2 very quiet Summer windows since, and then this one hear we are again scrambling round after a crap start. He loves it he’s not going to explain himself.

BlahRules

If we need Sancho to beat CP then he is not the one that has to explain it.
Sanco would have been match fit. He has been training since August.

In all seriousness, like us, the players have thought further signings will be made after making top 4, especially a right winger. The players need some competition and currently they are comfortable hence the silly mistakes.

Red Royal

If this does not get done, will be interesting to see how Sancho performs up to the next transfer window (is it the usual winter period?) especially if we get someone else like Dembele on loan or Sarr. I'd hope he'd be professional enough to knuckle down, but it really could mess with his head, affect his form and then Dortmund are left with a real conundrum on what to do.

Maybe that is the plan :-)

Matriac

Funnily enough we were one of the few clubs who voted against the transfer window being moved to before the start of the season and we’ve had 2 very quiet Summer windows since, and then this one hear we are again scrambling round after a crap start.
Because as long as the international window is open for clubs in other leagues, we are shooting ourselves in the foot by closing it earlier for just the Premier League. This matters more to bigger clubs that have more players other international clubs would want to buy. Whereinwhich we could only sell and not get replacements until January.

The other clubs also understood the downside and why the change was reverted.

Now if we could get all the European countries (at least) to agree on closing the window before the league starts, then that would make things different.

Bondi77

More likely they’re delaying payment until as late as possible the same way people don’t pay their bills until the day they’re due. Whatever the reason it’s certainly not a footballing decision.
Well the lights will be going out on Monday.

Gordon S

Love the optimism and spirit in this thread, but, are there less GIFs in this thread than there used to be? Kind of remember the Thiago and Vidal thread had a few golden ones!
Love me some more of those:D

treble_winner

Would be funny if we got Dembele instead and he turned into our own Robben at Bayern story. Then Dortmund fell out of top 4 next season because Sancho gifted them a series of own goals out of spite. :D

Chief123

I was still a "newbie" when our interest in Sancho started this summer! :eek: 1600 posts later...

laughtersassassin

This transfer window has achieved two things thus far. Made United look pathetic and terribly run once again and all but guaranteed we won't make top 4 if the other teams improve as their signings suggest they should.

Would be nice if we ever decided to try be a top football club again.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
Should we do a quick crowdfunding campaign to raise the required price difference?

Ronaldo's Love Child

I still can't see this happening. I don't really understand why everyone are so positive about this. That actually makes me a bit hopeful, but the way Borussia have been acting since the 10th of August makes me believe there's a very small chance of this happening.
Yes-it's got all the hallmarks of the Fabregas saga.

Havak

Pokemon master
If it was £90m up front with some add-ons / instalments I think they would have taken it. We're taking the piss really, look a joke (if everything so far is true).

croadyman

Definitely not buying into this next summer garbage being spun by the club,quite simply it's now or never as Elvis once said.

Langers7274

Yes this is definitely an attention grab and/or financial quarter thing.

One way or the other, we are going to make the headlines for breaking the transfer record or as the laughing stock of football.

This couldn't be so true!! I've always been of the belief that Sancho won't come unless the whole fee is paid. I just don't get why Utd leave deals so late now, after coming 3rd you would have thought Ole would have been backed in the market to push on, instead they dither around yet again!!! FFS put your max bid in, take it or leave it, if not move on!!

Tel074

This really is like an annoying ex gf following you around after you dump her . You tell her over and over you won't get back but she keeps calling every day wondering if you have changed your mind .
You then finally give in when drunk and give her the ride .
Let's hope someone at Dortmund is on the lash this week

Skåre Willoch

Would be funny if we got Dembele instead and he turned into our own Robben at Bayern story. Then Dortmund fell out of top 4 next season because Sancho gifted them a series of own goals out of spite. :D
Nah. It would be more fun if we got Sancho and he turned into our own Sancho at United story.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
No surprise there. We're complete idiots when it comes to transfers. It makes sense for Dortmund to set an early deadline and sort out the business before the season, like a proper well organized club. We're a joke and thought they didn't mean it for some strange reason. This windows just been another example of complete failure in the transfer market. Every single summer has been a failure. Either taking too long/signing them a window too late and overspending on good players, or signing flops, or whatever else. We haven't had a single normal good window since Fergie left where we made good signings at normal prices (compared to prices that others manage to get) in a good time, setting the team up for success. Its always setting them up for failure.

Status
Not open for further replies.