Jadon Sancho| Staying at Dortmund for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Womp

idiot
When is the optimal time to buy someone to incorporate them into the squad?

We've dropped 3 points so far and I doubt Sancho would have made the slightest bit of difference to that fact. Plus, we can't win all our games so being upset about signing Sancho late in the window is like being upset Christmas only comes round once a year. Just enjoy it.
Not with 3 days left of the window to go, when the season is heavy underway and a feck tonne of negativity around the club, with the lack of incomings being a major reasoning, that's for sure. Also no, I don't agree he wouldn't have made a difference. A world class prospect joining the team would have been a huge bounce for the team.

I also don't agree that I should 'enjoy it'. I don't get enjoyment from seeing us run like a fecking circus

Ikon

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
We just waiting for Sancho to now force a move.
This is what it comes down to really, what does Sancho really want?
If he is genuinely desperate to play in the Premier League and be United's 7, he'll say to Dormund, "hang on a minute, you're taking the piss here, you've always told me I can leave for a career move, you're making £80m profit, and you still say no?"

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
Did we get the players you mentioned? Yes.
Did we pay less than the clubs wanted? Yes.
Was their strategy successful? Yes.

Big transfers take time, we're talking millions of pounds here. Not £10 for something off Facebook marketplace.

I'm sure what you think of Woodward keeps him awake at night.
We have missed out on a lot of our transfer targets because of this approach. And then there are also countless examples of other clubs doing their business much swifter and negotiating better deals than us. I wonder why is it so different for us, even when we’re negotiating with a near-bankrupt mess of a club like Sporting for a player that quite obviously wants to leave. Either we exist in a completely different reality to the likes of Chelsea, Bayern etc., or there is something inherently wrong with our so-called strategy.

The tactics of delaying our bid to apply more pressure on Dortmund are working like a charm so far, they’re going to crumble any moment now! Any moment...

Giggsy13

It’s up to Sancho now to agitate for a move if he really wants it. If not, the rumours of us discussing a deal for Dembele is welcome news, as it legitimately shows Dortmund we have other options. For the first time in this saga, it seems like we’re controlling the narrative and not looking completely inept.

VanGaalEra

Daniel Harris: https://www.cloudsports.info/post/jadon-sancho-to-united-the-latest

So, Jadon Sancho then. It’s hardly news to say that Manchester United would like to buy him – the first time I tweeted in that regard, United were playing a European knockout tie, and guess which enthused people more – but as we near the blessed end of all this, things appear to be moving. “Daniel Harris understands” that the transfer is still expected to go through, and reiterates that, whatever is briefed, the reason for the hold-up has nothing whatsoever to do with the player’s personal terms, which were agreed long ago.

Womp

idiot
We actually briefed at the beginning that we were willing to play the long game with this transfer so you`re technically wrong there and whether you underestimate briefings or not they tell a lot and I the other day challenged your views on it which you never replied to and won`t repeat again.
Its comparable with Auba/Dembele in that they left late in the window and BVB still replaced them Sancho leaving late in the window won`t affect their ability to replace him the names they`ve been linked with before are ALL still on the market(Memphis, Rashica, Boga, Ikone, Zaha, Odoi) Sancho doesn`t need to force a move to the extent of the latter 2 to leave him respectfully asking to leave(which he maybe has) and us paying up is enough
As for paying up its not "fecking clear as day" if we can offer 100m so it would be silly to jump into conclusions as of yet there
'With this transfer', that doesn't explain the lack of movement anywhere else bar VDB, so no, I'm not technically wrong. You haven't challenged shit, I may have missed it, but the point stands that there is a feck tonne of reasons as to why they would benefit from not 'briefing' that they have given up on their priority target in a climate where fans are already sick of their shit. Just as they haven't briefed so many other times in the past when shit has happened. This obsession that we need to brief for something to be over, despite it being arguably to the detriment of their inevitable PR approach to this fecking shambles of a saga is baffling

No, it's not comparable. It's as comparable as any other transfer that is late in the window, if you overlook the specifics. The player doesn't seem all that arsed to push for a move and we don't seem all that capable of playing what Dortmund want. There is literally nothing comparable apart from the fact that it's late in the window

croadyman

It’s up to Sancho now to agitate for a move if he really wants it. If not, the rumours of us discussing a deal for Dembele is welcome news, as it legitimately shows Dortmund we have other options. For the first time in this saga, it seems like we’re controlling the narrative and not looking completely inept.
Yeah very good point

SATA

Is Sancho himself panicking a little bit on the move when he realises United are now looking at Dembele? Let us hope he does and he further agitates BVB

Kuba

FFS i just realized that if we don't sign anybody for that RW we gonna be fecking Pokemon FC

outside of our first 11 our options upfront will be Jessie and James...

Team Woodward&Judge is Blasting Off Again!

gorky_utd

FFS i just realized that if we don't sign anybody for that RW we gonna be fecking Pokemon FC

And Ighalo. Still think atleast one attacker will be brought in.

red thru&thru

This is what it comes down to really, what does Sancho really want?
If he is genuinely desperate to play in the Premier League and be United's 7, he'll say to Dormund, "hang on a minute, you're taking the piss here, you've always told me I can leave for a career move, you're making £80m profit, and you still say no?"
Yep. I pointed this out in here a few days back.

BvB, whether their fans like it or not, are just a stepping stone to bigger clubs. If BvB start being arses to these type of players, they will stop coming and then they would be screwed.

VanGaalEra

What does this mean?

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
All righr calm down mate, all will be known in five days or even earlier whether our strategy works or not
See if our strategy works?? Our transfer strategy has been shambolic for the best part of the past decade! There's nothing to see. We are disastrous in transfer windows. Thats all there is to it. It just doesn't work and won't work until Woodward, Judge and all who are currently responsible for working on transfers are completely removed from those duties, whether it is their specific fault or not. Year after year, we spend too much on mediocre players, or spend too much on good players but wait way too long to bring them in, often times the end of the following year compared to when we should've acted at first and other problems crept up in the mean time meaning we are behind, again. We should've signed a right winger years ago. We didn't, and we sure as feck aren't signing Sancho now.

The problem isn't signing or not signing Sancho. Its that we should've known if we can afford him or not, and moved on early while there were other targets available. Big transfers like this are normally sorted out early, like Ronaldo to Madrid was. We've been linked for 2 years, discussions should be ongoing through the season to wrap it up quickly and not let the window descend into such a shit show. Yet here we are. Pure incompetence.

RkkMan

'With this transfer', that doesn't explain the lack of movement anywhere else bar VDB, so no, I'm not technically wrong. You haven't challenged shit, I may have missed it, but the point stands that there is a feck tonne of reasons as to why they would benefit from not 'briefing' that they have given up on their priority target in a climate where fans are already sick of their shit. Just as they haven't briefed so many other times in the past when shit has happened. This obsession that we need to brief for something to be over, despite it being arguably to the detriment of their inevitable PR approach to this fecking shambles of a saga is baffling

No, it's not comparable. It's as comparable as any other transfer that is late in the window, if you overlook the specifics. The player doesn't seem all that arsed to push for a move and we don't seem all that capable of playing what Dortmund want. There is literally nothing comparable apart from the fact that it's late in the window
Lack of movement on anyone else is as good a guess as anyone`s but we all know Utd traditionally only make 3 summer buys nowadays and it looks like 2 more will come in anyway(LB and RW) so nothing particularly out of the ordinary will/is happening there and there is also a feck tonne of reasons as to why "briefing" that this deal is dead benefits them way more than you think which you can go back to the post I replied to you to and its not at all a baffling obsession but a norm and standard procedure and unless you have actual evidence that we`ve ever pulled off such a PR show for THIS long on a key target for such a big saga you simply can`t claim to be right more evidence in the past which supports my view rather than yours which has NEVER been pulled off by Utd.
The player doesn`t need to publicly pull a hiffy on wanting a transfer till whoever is interested in him actually steps up their pursuit its pointless especially cause Sancho is a better professional than Auba/Dembele. If Utd offer 120m cold cash and it STILL gets rejected we`ll then come back here and discuss how right you are but as it stands thats the asking price and if Utd CAN pay it. A "we tried offer" is when Madrid offerd 27m+James for Pogba 100m euros for Sancho in a pandemic is not a "we tried offer" thats a statement of intent and there is still more legs left to this than you think as cynical as you seem to be

bosnian_red

Yep. I pointed this out in here a few days back.

BvB, whether their fans like it or not, are just a stepping stone to bigger clubs. If BvB start being arses to these type of players, they will stop coming and then they would be screwed.
Erm, they were pretty clear and fair. They named their price and their date. That date passed with no bid, so he's staying. Sancho isn't desperate for a move where he'll cause problems, otherwise that would've already happened. We clearly aren't willing to pay what is a fair asking price. So whats there to talk about? You say Dortmund are a stepping stone club, which is true, but they've also been a much better football club than United in pretty much every aspect for most of the past decade. They made a deadline and named their price because they are a well run club. They didn't want this window to be a shit show, to go into October not knowing what their squad will be.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
In all honesty as fans we should be absolutely seething that we’ve left it this late in the window to make any attempt at a move, frankly it’s a fecking joke.

red thru&thru

Erm, they were pretty clear and fair. They named their price and their date. That date passed with no bid, so he's staying. Sancho isn't desperate for a move where he'll cause problems, otherwise that would've already happened. We clearly aren't willing to pay what is a fair asking price. So whats there to talk about? You say Dortmund are a stepping stone club, which is true, but they've also been a much better football club than United in pretty much every aspect for most of the past decade. They made a deadline and named their price because they are a well run club. They didn't want this window to be a shit show, to go into October not knowing what their squad will be.
You have to ask yourself, why have Manchester United distance themselves from this yet? Why has Sancho and camp not come out and say he doesn't want to move and wants to stay?

What have Dortmund won in the past 7 years? How have they all of a sudden become better than us? They blow up each year in their own league. Also, we have the money to pay better than BvB and also the money to invest in us to be challenging for the title again.

I never get this perception that clubs like us are behind the likes of Dortmund?

Cnaiür urs Skiötha

Our biggest hope
How this? I have the feeling Dortmund just want us to f*** off and concentrate on someone else. They do not need to sell Sancho. They have joined the ranks of the European top teams and made a lot of money with their sales, they probably are in a better situation than we are.

bosnian_red

You have to ask yourself, why have Manchester United distance themselves from this yet? Why has Sancho and camp not come out and say he doesn't want to move and wants to stay?

What have Dortmund won in the past 7 years? How have they all of a sudden become better than us? They blow up each year in their own league. Also, we have the money to pay better than BvB and also the money to invest in us to be challenging for the title again.

I never get this perception that clubs like us are behind the likes of Dortmund?
Because we're still interested and want to sign him whether it's this summer (not happening), or next summer. And we pretty much never go out and say its over. Not sure why anyone would expect a player or club to come out and say its over, apart from the selling club saying he isn't going anywhere, which is what happened.

And in this decade, since 2010/11, they've won the same amount of league titles as United have (2) and finished 2nd 5 times (we finished 2nd twice), won the German cup twice and runners up 3 times (we've won FA Cup once and runners up once, carabao cup doesn't count for any comparative purposes for obvious reasons), have been in the champions league 8 times (finalists x1, QF x2, r16 x3), United being there 7 times (finalists x1, QF x2, r16 x2). We are also front loaded with most of our good points in the past decade being while Sir Alex was here when we were still a big club from a footballing POV. Dortmund are pretty evenly spread out as always being one of the top 2 in Germany, consistently making the CL without too much stress, but falling short of trophies due to competing with Bayern.

We're behind from a footballing sense, not a business sense. They've been a better run football club and a better quality football club for years, it doesn't mean they are bigger, just that we wouldn't be favourites if we came up against them.

Status
Not open for further replies.