Jadon Sancho| Staying at Dortmund for now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Levy knows how to play the transfer market like a pro. Knows how to identify unknown gems too
spurs are similar to Dortmund, in that they have the time and space to buy some of the younger talented players and give them game time.

I suspect however, that their hit rate is similar to a lot of clubs, we just remember the successes. Whilst it’s going back a number of years, didn’t they really waste the Bale money that they got?

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
spurs are similar to Dortmund, in that they have the time and space to buy some of the younger talented players and give them game time.

I suspect however, that their hit rate is similar to a lot of clubs, we just remember the successes. Whilst it’s going back a number of years, didn’t they really waste the Bale money that they got?
The Spurs that hired Mourinho?

GiddyUp

United want Sancho, and he wants United. Dortmund will sell now or in 12 months, inevitable. It takes 120 up front, United have 100. Dortmund should ask for the other 20 in assist (25) and appearance (75) add ons. This should've been sorted weeks ago.
Dortmund seem to be taking a risk here. United aren't because everyone is used to us being shite at football stuff and we are easy pickings.
But will they get a better deal than this during these unpredictable times? Who is going to pay that amount up front regardless of covid?
Would the big two in Spain splash more than 120 on an Englishman to reignite them? Can't see it after Bale.
Will Bayern pay 120 (probably offer that number with a decimal after the 2 and it would be accepted, cnuts) and would Sancho want to stay in Germany? They will have their monocle on Haaland I'm sure.
United are risking nothing but the anger of their fans and they don't care about us unless we are mean to them on social media. Dortmund's benefit maybe Sancho leading them on a charge to trophies, cough cough. Or they could have a talented player just not putting in the required monster effort to achieve this because his head is at United and the upcoming Euro's. They lose Sancho and Haaland in consecutive summers and two seasons of massive losses.
United deserve every punch in the gut they get going by the indecisive way they conduct transfer business but is there any benefit outside of a 6/1 or 33/1 in the trophies that matter for Dortmund. This is a sweet deal for everyone but it's turned in to a little dick measuring contest and does nothing but make everyone look like a fool.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan

Fair point. We can’t accommodate the inconsistency emerging players are prone too.

though Spurs were guaranteed top 4 for a few years under Poch. And had they not had to build new stadium, would still be as that money would be in the squad?

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
He proved feck all credibility here

He was never credible. Him being “friends” with Sancho was meeting him a few times at shoots for FootLocker’s YouTube channel and such.

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
The fact he's going on about it so much seems like a push to United to get it done.
Or maybe thats just wishful thinking - we all know the deadline was BS and 2 years left on a contract isn't long term... he could leave for free before long. That'll be a boot in the balls for them wouldn't it

FreddieTheReddie

So does he mean they agreed with Sancho that he could leave if they get an offer until 10th August? So my problem is that 10th August would have been the end of the transfer window but then COVID happened. Are they ignoring the new deadline or what? If true, Sancho has all the right to be very angry now.

Edit: @Siorac I think they agreed in the deadline when they extended his contract, that was a year ago. Circumstances changed, transfer deadline changed, they shouldn’t ignore it.

Last edited:

Rolaholic

They do go through multiple rounds of "all has been said".
Seriously, they do an awful lot of talking when all has supposedly already been said.

Zorc comes off as the self-important type that loves to hear themselves talk

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!

El Presidente

The fact he's going on about it so much seems like a push to United to get it done.
Or maybe thats just wishful thinking - we all know the deadline was BS and 2 years left on a contract isn't long term... he could leave for free before long. That'll be a boot in the balls for them wouldn't it
It’s not 2, it’s 3 years. And obviously the deadline wasn’t bullshit, it is very much real.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
He has 3 years left on his contract. The deadline is pretty fair. Big clubs with their shit together like to know if they can plan with the star player or not during the season. Its why we sold Ronaldo in June back in 09. It destabilizes the team heading into the season if you let it go so long with so much uncertainty.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
That s like telling Sancho to respect the contract he has. There were rumours that Watzke was more open to let Sancho leave. Zorc is opposing the transfer at all costs
Sounds like Zorc is talking to his board via this statement, whom are looking lovingly at a huge check on their board table. It’s just sitting there, waiting for one press on a return key to be accepted.

Several reports have confirmed that Woody has riled Zorcs ego, so Zorc will use up as much time as possible to demonstrate he has a big dick.

But this is business. And in business money always wins over ego. Sooner or later, Zorc will have to fall in line and accept the cash. Else his board will humiliate him by over ruling him and accepting the offer.

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
Not a fecking prayer that the keep an unhappy player if they’re offered 100m+.

Whether we’re prepared to pay is another thing completely.

I’m confident we’ll bid again. I don’t think it’ll be enough

cyberman

It’s not 2, it’s 3 years. And obviously the deadline wasn’t bullshit, it is very much real.
Was it? Or was it set pre Corona before the window extension?
Id be really pissed off if I were Sancho if this was the case. Its not in the spirit of it at all.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Not a fecking prayer that the keep an unhappy player if they’re offered 100m+.

Whether we’re prepared to pay is another thing completely.

I’m confident we’ll bid again. I don’t think it’ll be enough
He has a contract til 2023, next summer they'll still receive a huge bid, so I dunno I see it happening. Sancho will get over it and play well then leave next summer. He won't down tools.

Siorac

So does he mean they agreed with Sancho that he could leave if they get an offer until 10th August? So my problem is that 10th August would have been the end of the transfer window but then COVID happened. Are they ignoring the new deadline or what? If true, Sancho has all the right to be very angry now.
The Bundesliga season finished on June 27. Telling Sancho that he has until August 10 to secure a move elsewhere if he wants to leave is very reasonable, that's more than a month.

Also, August 10 would have been the end of the Premier League transfer window, not the Bundesliga one. That one would have run to August 31 like always.

Judas

Open to offers
He has a contract til 2023, next summer they'll still receive a huge bid, so I dunno I see it happening. Sancho will get over it and play well then leave next summer. He won't down tools.
Why would they next summer if they haven't this summer? Next year financially is far more likely to be worse than this one. Where are these super big bids coming from?

sewey89

Will they get a huge bid though? We have no idea how everything will look next year. Look at what happened with Napoli and Koulibaly

El Presidente

Was it? Or was it set pre Corona before the window extension?
Id be really pissed off if I were Sancho if this was the case. Its not in the spirit of it at all.
No, it was set right before the start of their preseason. Which is fair enough, they wanted to plan with the squad at their disposal.

sewey89

SO then they will keep him another year
And then he’s into the final year of the contract.. so they get 50m max for him..

I don’t think they’ll turn down a guaranteed 100m if the bid comes. That isn’t an outlandish statement

Rooney1987

I’m not fully caught up on all this but is this the first time they’ve admitted they agreed with Sancho to let him leave (on a certain deadline) publicly? I know they’ve talked about the 10th of August but wasn’t that more on us to bid.

Kostov

Watch City finish behind the scousers this season and then go and splash the moneys on Sancho while the morons in charge of our club finally buy that chap from Uruguay.

cyberman

No, it was set right before the start of their preseason. Which is fair enough, they wanted to plan with the squad at their disposal.
Are we sure? It seems very rushed. We werent even finished our season at that stage.
Even then, Sancho is refusing to play so obviously 120m up front in such a tight deadline wasn't that much of an agreement.

El Presidente

:lol: which bit?
Contract until 2023.

Are we sure? It seems very rushed. We werent even finished our season at that stage.
Even then, Sancho is refusing to play so obviously 120m up front in such a tight deadline wasn't that much of an agreement.
I mean, it’s their asset so they set the rules. They could have said that the player is not for sale and no one can oppose that. They didn’t. They said - this is our price, you can get him until our preseason, after that he’s staying.
Then we decided that we will act cocky and call their bluff (an approach that a lot of our muppets took as well). Now, they can share the embarrassement with big Ed.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.