Jadon Sancho| Staying at Dortmund for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyberman

Watch City finish behind the scousers this season and then go and splash the moneys on Sancho while the morons in charge of our club finally buy that chap from Uruguay.
He will never go back to City.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Why would they next summer if they haven't this summer? Next year financially is far more likely to be worse than this one. Where are these super big bids coming from?
Will they get a huge bid though? We have no idea how everything will look next year. Look at what happened with Napoli and Koulibaly
Itll still be a big bid though. Maybe just they'll accept next summer what we offered this summer, and for them its worth it to keep Sancho an extra year to make up the difference.

Koulibaly not comparable. He's an older CB. Sancho is 20 and the most promising winger in the world.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Watch City finish behind the scousers this season and then go and splash the moneys on Sancho while the morons in charge of our club finally buy that chap from Uruguay.
Nah City will just go and get Messi on a free next summer...

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
So the pointless elation at at him not being part of the Dortmund squad has worn off.

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
Itll still be a big bid though. Maybe just they'll accept next summer what we offered this summer, and for them its worth it to keep Sancho an extra year to make up the difference.

Koulibaly not comparable. He's an older CB. Sancho is 20 and the most promising winger in the world.
But there is no guarantee of a big bid next year, not even of the same bid we’ve made. It’s a very uncertain time where a guaranteed £100m would be pretty handy.

I was only comparing KK in an example of a team missing out on guaranteed big money and (possibly) regretting it.

Fooza

If Dortmund don't want to sell but Sancho is now pushing a move, will Dortmund be forced to sell or will they keep regardless? Zorc is making it sound like the door is closed and it's too late.

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
Dortmund really are talking a lot for a club that won’t sell under any circumstances.
Thats my thoughts too.
Yes he keeps getting asked, but he could simply reply "I've spoken about this many times, you know our position" thats it. The fact he keeps mentioning a deadline etc seems a little strange to me

Nero

They have way too many people who constantly run their mouth. Zorc, Watzke, Kehl...

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
If Dortmund don't want to sell but Sancho is now pushing a move, will Dortmund be forced to sell or will they keep regardless? Zorc is making it sound like the door is closed and it's too late.
Hell leave in Jan or the summer now. The question is for which club as he isn't staying at Dortmund for much time it's nuts a club he went to for developing himself. But the competition for him will likely increase.

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
I’m not fully caught up on all this but is this the first time they’ve admitted they agreed with Sancho to let him leave (on a certain deadline) publicly? I know they’ve talked about the 10th of August but wasn’t that more on us to bid.
Their 10th August deadline and 120 million valuation has been widely reported as clubs stance about the possible transfer.

My feeling is that we will certainly try once more, but hard to see them budge this late.

Dortmund really are talking a lot for a club that won’t sell under any circumstances.
He has been repeatedly asked about it tbf and Sancho obviously isn't happy/not playing as he wants the move.

Judas

Open to offers
Is it not a slight change in tune to be going down the "he has a contract with us" blah blah blah line? Sounds to me like they know he's not happy and he wants to be gone.

sewey89

This is all part of the posturing though.. IF he goes, then he’ll be painted as the bad guy and how he forced his way out.

Surely even the doom and gloomers can envisage a scenario where that happens.

Will it happen? Probably not. Is there anything wrong with hoping it will and looking at it objectively and taking Dortmund’s words with a pinch of salt? Absolutely not

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
This is all part of the posturing though.. IF he goes, then he’ll be painted as the bad guy and how he forced his way out.

Surely even the doom and gloomers can envisage a scenario where that happens.

Will it happen? Probably not. Is there anything wrong with hoping it will and looking at it objectively and taking Dortmund’s words with a pinch of salt? Absolutely not
Exactly. Thats what they want.

They want to be known as having this hard stance and that they want to keep him, yet when a bid goes in that they like, they'll accept it and paint the picture that Sancho is the bad guy, disrespected the club by refusing to play and feigning illness etc. That way they can say they got a great deal for a player that didn't want to be there anymore.

Affirmation

Here's some reasons for why this deal COULD still happen:

- Both Duncan Castles and Ian McGarry have confidently stated on their Transfer Window Podcast that the player Dortmund have lined up as Jadon Sancho's replacement is Jonathan Ikone who is still available and should be attainable.

- Lyon have now stated that Memphis Depay will remain at the club, cancelling out his move to Barcelona which means Dembele will probably be maintained by them. This could possibly be due to us pulling out of any potential deal for him.

- Jadon Sancho is most likely refusing to train or play for Dortmund, we already know he has agreements in place with us as well.

- Looking at our previous dealings, we eventually seem to pay the full price once a deal reaches a standstill.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Dortmund are drama queens they can survive until January and then get a replacement if needs to be.

anyway they’ve got Reyna who looks fantastic and reus back fit

sewey89

Exactly. Thats what they want.

They want to be known as having this hard stance and that they want to keep him, yet when a bid goes in that they like, they'll accept it and paint the picture that Sancho is the bad guy, disrespected the club by refusing to play and feigning illness etc. That way they can say they got a great deal for a player that didn't want to be there anymore.
100%.

I know none of us played as much attention to Dembele or Auba deals, as they didn’t involve us, but I think they went very similarly to this.

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
So Dembele is apparently staying at Barca now...

I wonder if that means we're actually getting somewhere with Sancho, as that leaves our list of alternatives even more limited now. Surely Ed sees it as Sancho or nothing now, and whilst nothing is still an option, he knows that we have to spend big to get what we want. Is this the start of him caving?

westmeath

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Please mods, just lock up the thread and save us the misery of the next two days. It’s over Muppets, go home.

red4ever 79

So Dembele is apparently staying at Barca now...

I wonder if that means we're actually getting somewhere with Sancho, as that leaves our list of alternatives even more limited now. Surely Ed sees it as Sancho or nothing now, and whilst nothing is still an option, he knows that we have to spend big to get what we want. Is this the start of him caving?
We dont want Dembele here. Would be a terrible signing for us

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
Please mods, just lock up the thread and save us the misery of the next two days. It’s over Muppets, go home.
Wouldn't it be easier to not visit the thread than ask for it to be locked?
I mean, no one is forcing anybody to be here against their will are they?

Gordon S

Reyna is stepping up in his absence, he is surplus now. Just let him go already

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
basically, we thought we could bully Dortmund, now we have egg on our face. They gave us their price, we tried to feck them over, they told us to meet the price or feck off. Now we’ve given them no time to sign a replacement. I don’t blame them here. The blame falls solely on our recruitment team

westmeath

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Wouldn't it be easier to not visit the thread than ask for it to be locked?
I mean, no one is forcing anybody to be here against their will are they?
Jees, tensions are running high in here aren’t they?

It was intended to be tongue in cheek but maybe I have offended you for which I am eternally sorry. OK now?

Status
Not open for further replies.