Jadon Sancho| Staying at Dortmund for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Apart from being a Chelsea fan - Chelsea do have Hudson odoi in his strongest position, we have Rashford. I don't see him being too happy to move purely for a RW position either - I think he might struggle a little in the PL whether he plays for Chelsea or united in that position.

If we or Chelsea offer him a CAM/ CF position then I can see him being more likely to open up to a move here since Chelsea do have Mount & pulisic whilst we have no one.

--Rashford/Martial -Haaland/Greenwood
-------------------------Sancho---------------

Wishful thinking but I've not been impressed with him on the right when playing for England in comparison to left for Dortmund - I think he himself will take that to consideration and will prefer a club that either gives him a LW position or a free roaming position where he comes in feeling like the main man rather than being shunted out to the right.

Bebestation

Hudson-Odoi is a left winger.
Yeah I think Sancho's best position is LW, something none of us can offer. I'd say Sancho would rather compete for LW against Odoi than Rashford.

I don't see Sancho moving 100mil to play RW personally - he's good there but the modern game just blocks off your ability to produce as a pure forward if its not your strongest position and strongest foot.

Not a single top club bar in the PL bar Chelsea depending on Odoi can offer him LW.

That's why I say we should offer him a free role as a central attacker CAM, CF who has the freedom to drift to the left or right behind our strikers - basically our Pulisic. Sancho becomes an attacking player that replaces the player Gomes was going to be.

It's also why I want Grealish over Maddison, have a CAM who is useful in centre midfield instead for squad depth.

Bebestation

Sancho is a right winger. Has he ever played on the left?
Yeah he has for Dortmund - he plays much more skillfully in my eyes when he plays on the left because he cuts in with his right foot. When he plays on the right he is still great but he becomes more pacey counterattacking and direct.

It's not indicating how he plays but it's like watching Hazard on one side whilst watching Pedro on the other, a minor difference but a difference I reckon he would want to persue with. I think he quite underrated in his play making skills centrally and how he drifts across the wider areas too.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
Yeah he has for Dortmund - he plays much more skillfully in my eyes when he plays on the left because he cuts in with his right foot. When he plays on the right he is still great but he becomes more pacey counterattacking and direct.

It's not indicating how he plays but it's like watching Hazard on one side whilst watching Pedro on the other, a minor difference but a difference I reckon he would want to persue with. I think he quite underrated in his play making skills centrally and how he drifts across the wider areas too.
I think it's a bit of a stretch to call left wing his "strongest position" based on that but if that's your opinion, fair enough!

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Sancho is a right winger. Has he ever played on the left?
He’s played more on the left this season quiet a lot with hazard playing on the right more often.

shahzy

Any other transfers you want to throw cold water on?
If you're him, why would you go to a club thats most likely going to have gone to the CL 2 times in 7 years, has a novice in charge, surrounded by a mediocre group of players, run by a blithering idiot. All for wait? guarenteed playing time?

If i was him and i backed myself, id go to one of the big boys because i'd believe i could displace anyone who played in my position. Not sure why youre getting defensive about it. There's not much we offer these days apart from money.

United Pro

More than last year. He looks significantly better statistically when playing on the left. Significantly more goals, more assists and more key passes.
I think he was playing on the right until quite recently (probably the recent Barcelona game) and has been starting on the left since with Hazard playing on the right. Tbf it could be argued that Sancho is a left winger by trade and it was only really until he moved to Dortmund did he start playing on the right to facilitate Reus and Larsen to play on the left.

Classical Mechanic

This seems to come around every now and then but his natural position is on the left. Dortmund used him on the right mostly but he came through the youth ranks in England on the left.

PedroMendez

Acolyte
More than last year. He looks significantly better statistically when playing on the left. Significantly more goals, more assists and more key passes.
He is great on both sides and I havnt paid enough attention to say if there is any difference in quality. I just wanted to point out that he played the majority of games on the right wing for Dortmund. He started regularly on the left since they changed the system to a back 3/5, while playing without proper striker. He has more freedom in the new system and Dortmund look a lot better, so its not really surprising that his stats reflect that.

ZolaWasMagic

Supports
Chelsea
Hold on, are there posts from people thinking he might be lying about being a Chelsea fan? Why on earth would he do that? He admitted in an interview with Sam Wallace that he is a Chelsea fan. And i think that was from February this year?

I think someone found his old twitter account, too, and it was quite obvious he supported us.

It may not have any bearing on where he ends up playing next year or year after., but fact is, he is a Chelsea fan so people trying to claim he isn't, are talking shite

MrVolley

I have to say I'm very disappointed.

Only 141 pages.
The 'De Ligt is coming' thread was 271 pages!

Right everybody over to the Haaland thread and smash the record. I reckon we only have a week.

mav_9me

I have to say I'm very disappointed.

Only 141 pages.
The 'De Ligt is coming' thread was 271 pages!

Right everybody over to the Haaland thread and smash the record. I reckon we only have a week.
Wait till summer.

TheReligion

Abusive
Hold on, are there posts from people thinking he might be lying about being a Chelsea fan? Why on earth would he do that? He admitted in an interview with Sam Wallace that he is a Chelsea fan. And i think that was from February this year?

I think someone found his old twitter account, too, and it was quite obvious he supported us.

It may not have any bearing on where he ends up playing next year or year after., but fact is, he is a Chelsea fan so people trying to claim he isn't, are talking shite
No one really cares who he supports to be honest. Means nothing.

croadyman

Instead of spending £100 million plus on a forward. I think we could do with signing a couple of midfielders instead. A good CB won't go amiss either, unless we give Smalling another try, with Maguire.

Might as well sign another goalkeeper. Or give Romero a go.
We definitely need to sign a couple of midfielders but certainly getting the impression that Utd aren't looking at signing any until the summer, could only see Haaland being brought in next month and doesn't seem any concrete links to any CM at all which is worrying.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
We can'g allow that we lose him. If Chelsea buy him then it will be huge sign how our spending power is not high how it was in recent years.

John Terry was a United fan. It means feck all.

I think it's a bit of a stretch to call left wing his "strongest position" based on that but if that's your opinion, fair enough!
It's clearly just Bebe's own personal preference of having inverted wingers. As you said, Sancho has played 90% of his time at Dortmund as a right winger and has been brilliant there.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
John Terry was a United fan. It means feck all.
If he came through the ranks at a different club and had the choice in the year 2000 (when he was Sancho's age) of signing for Chelsea or Man United, I would imagine he would have chosen to go to Man United.

That Sancho supported Chelsea growing up does not mean he'll sign for us, of course not. It certainly will have some bearing, how could it not? Put yourself in his shoes, you have the choice to sign for Man United of Chelsea, does being a fan mean nothing?

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
How can he sell his plan to Jadon? He cannot persuade his former player and compatriot to buy into his project. Smiling can get you so far. The rest require vision, experience, results and of course a plan

lysglimt

Scout
If he came through the ranks at a different club and had the choice in the year 2000 (when he was Sancho's age) of signing for Chelsea or Man United, I would imagine he would have chosen to go to Man United.

That Sancho supported Chelsea growing up does not mean he'll sign for us, of course not. It certainly will have some bearing, how could it not? Put yourself in his shoes, you have the choice to sign for Man United of Chelsea, does being a fan mean nothing?
It matters - but there are a lot of things that matter more.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
It will have some bearing, how can it not. But my original post was about the claim he was lying in the media about supporting us, or words to that effect
It doesn't really. The pro leagues are littered with players who are fans of other clubs: Gerrard,Rooney were all Everton. Ole was Liverpool I think, Keano-Spurs

Zen86

It’ll count for something definitely, but it ultimately boils down to which club will provide him with the most successful career, be that money, trophies or personal glory.

Svartzonker

Last Man Standing 2 champion 2022/23
of course it means something, it has to really, doesn't it. The chance to join your boyhood club who you support. Speaking hypothetically
I really dont think it matters at all, but if he is from London and assume his family is living there too and that could mean alot.

But what I think is most important is the amount of money he will be handed, it usually goes that way. I dont think any team can match the salary we most likely will be handing to him, but I reckon Chelsea’s offer will not be that far off.

In other words; Manchester and a shit ton of money or London and little less money and his family close by. 50/50.

Andersons Dietician

I get that I might be wrong - it's literally just him being right footed I feel that he gets pushed out wider than he needs to be sometimes & that's going to happen in the PL. I see it happen in the international games alot too. It happens with Daniel James. In comparison with Greenwood who even though is slower - takes one slight cut or faint and has an easy shot on goal.

Anyway Sancho is regarded as a potential wonder kid so I'm okay with me being wrong - I just don't think for us as United to offer him the RW as the way to entice him the right thing to do as it might not necessarily understand the player - because I can't remember where I heard it before but I heard that his favourite position was the left wing over the right as well.
Here is probably a better place to discuss Bebe.

I would say one of his strengths is going inside from that position. He’s really not as limited as someone like James. He’ll face people up and is so unpredictable and can go either way, inside or outside of people and will drive at the box. He is great at finishing on his right from that side as well even at tight angles where you wouldn’t expect a right footer to strike from.

I mean out of the 3 we are talking about Sanches is easily the best at creating space for himself to do something but has the added bonus of just having that thing where he can find other people and create danger from very little.
I honestly haven’t seen that much of him on the left most of my viewing of him he’s been on the right or basically just floating about. If there is any truth in us being interested in him then yeah I think it would be RW but I’m sure as long as we get decent midfield back up Ole would probably prefer Martial, Rashford and Sancho rotating positions.

I just don’t think he’ll struggle here or be pushed out wide. It’s just not his game

friendlytramp

More full of crap than a curry house toilet
Dortmund will want to announce another one or two signings before Sancho leaving is announced.

Status
Not open for further replies.