Jadon Sancho| Staying at Dortmund for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

James Ward

Now... I think McTominay has higher potential in the future
McTominay will be a squad player at best for the next two-three years anyway. He's decent but not good enough to be a regular starter. Not sure he ever will be to be honest.

Gambit

Desperately wants to be a Muppet
McTominay will be a squad player at best for the next two-three years anyway. He's decent but not good enough to be a regular starter. Not sure he ever will be to be honest.
Utter nonsense.

James Ward

Utter nonsense.
How exactly? He's a good player, not a great player. What does he actually do well? He had some horrific games for United this season.

Ideally need to sign a proper Defensive midfielder in the Summer to replace Matic as most transfer forums have suggested but should get next season out of Matic.

Who is Scott going to replace in the current midfield? Fred. Bruno or Matic? Not a hope in hell. Even with Pogba it will be Fred Bruno and Pogba.

As i said a squad player. A good player but no good enough to be starting for Man United.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
:D Only 23 y.o on his first year as regular, and has been doing really well. The odds is all on him to continue progressing nicely.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Great assessment, well done.:rolleyes:

Remember the same being said about Fletcher.

marktan

Only watched the first half of the PSG match but again my biggest criticism of him is that he doesn't impose himself enough. Too many one touch passes / flicks to get rid of the ball, when he should be turning and going at defenders. Messi and Ronaldo both had crazy intensity at a young age, you give them ball they will attack. It's why they improved so much between the ages of 17 and 21. Maybe it's a lack of game intelligence and he'll gain that as he plays more, but someone as talented as him should not be so passive in a game.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Didn't stand out, locked out of the game along with Haaland. Not a great performance in a game that could have gone his team's way.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Game passed him by but he's still very young and I hope we pull out the stops to sign him.

Womp

idiot
Was a bit shite today. Immensely talented, but you could see he still has some ways to go compared to players like Neymar who can really impose themselves on games. That will come with experience though.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Beating PSG away isn't for every team. Come join one who knows what's good, son.

Gambit

Desperately wants to be a Muppet
Was a bit shite today. Immensely talented, but you could see he still has some ways to go compared to players like Neymar who can really impose themselves on games. That will come with experience though.
Sancho has imposed himself on games. Neymar is just as likely to vanish and has done on many occasions.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
Only watched the first half of the PSG match but again my biggest criticism of him is that he doesn't impose himself enough. Too many one touch passes / flicks to get rid of the ball, when he should be turning and going at defenders. Messi and Ronaldo both had crazy intensity at a young age, you give them ball they will attack. It's why they improved so much between the ages of 17 and 21. Maybe it's a lack of game intelligence and he'll gain that as he plays more, but someone as talented as him should not be so passive in a game.
Agree with this, but, the instruction needs to come from the coaches if the player is still playing within the team schematic - he comes across as too much of a team player rather than someone who wants to win at all costs at the moment.

Easily remedied though. He should be drawing fouls and driving towards the box much more than he does, but there's no reason at all why that'll continue to be the case.

His talent, even in this game, really is top percentile, though.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
Sancho has imposed himself on games. Neymar is just as likely to vanish and has done on many occasions.
There's no way you can say this after his exploits at Barca during the M.S.N. season.

Neymar has been injured at key times in PSG CL campaigns; thus far this season, he isn't, and I don't think many would back against him being the difference for them for as long as they're in the competition.

Womp

idiot
Different beast imposing yourself on important CL games like today and Bundesliga games. Go back to performances like Neymar against PSG in the second leg, Neymar tonight etc. I haven't seen Sancho at that level yet.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Propaganda. Neymar is not known for disappearing at all.
Yeah, it is a bigger surprise when he disappears. Neymar is one of the big names that doesn't disappear in important games.

davidmichael

Personally I couldn’t give a feck either way whether Neymar disappears or not as that’ll never be a United concern as we’ll never be signing him, Sancho has been excellent for seasons and is a serious upgrade on Lingard or Pereira or Mata and one bad game isn’t going to change that.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
How exactly? He's a good player, not a great player. What does he actually do well? He had some horrific games for United this season.

Ideally need to sign a proper Defensive midfielder in the Summer to replace Matic as most transfer forums have suggested but should get next season out of Matic.

Who is Scott going to replace in the current midfield? Fred. Bruno or Matic? Not a hope in hell. Even with Pogba it will be Fred Bruno and Pogba.

As i said a squad player. A good player but no good enough to be starting for Man United.
Utter rubbish

flappyjay

Great assessment, well done.:rolleyes:

Remember the same being said about Fletcher.
Never mind Fletcher he Mctominay was said to be championship material at best. A year later he is apparently good enough for Manchester Uniteds bench. Then I would wager in 3 years time he will be the finished article and a very important member of the squad.

Inigo Montoya

Never mind Fletcher he Mctominay was said to be championship material at best. A year later he is apparently good enough for Manchester Uniteds bench. Then I would wager in 3 years time he will be the finished article and a very important member of the squad.
and then a Ballon D'Or candidate no doubt

Inigo Montoya

Would you rate Scott higher than Kante, Prantley, Fernandinho in his prime and Ndidi?
That’s such a spurious line of reasoning.

Might as well say Rashford’s rubbish because he isn’t a: Ronaldo,Messi,
Mbappe, Zlatan in his prime

Pass and Move

You think Jordan Henderson looked any better at the same age?

Status
Not open for further replies.