Jadon Sancho| Staying at Dortmund for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
as well as disappearing acts, tantrums and bawling.
Maybe, minus the disappearing acts, which you have made up because that usually comes with the profile of footballer you are referring to. Unless your point is that he has had poor games before in his career, which of course is a stupid point to push.

If he were an off-the ball sprinting, slide-tackling player - nobody would ever even think to put Neymar in any sort of inconsistent, disappearing act category. Because it is simply not true. He is a footballer who has ‘antics’, fancies himself a bit and is an incredibly talented top footballer who consistently delivers for his team. You just need to stop seeing that as an oxymoron an you will be alright.

mav_9me

I think the season is done. There is another silver lining to this other than Liverpool possibly not being champions.

Given the uptick in our form and general improved outlook for us, even though we won't be in champions league likely next time, we stand a better chance of getting Sancho now imo.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
I wonder if the fact we’re clearly on the up could persuade him? Shouldn’t be too hard to convince him we were on course for the CL had the season not been cancelled.

croadyman

I wonder if the fact we’re clearly on the up could persuade him? Shouldn’t be too hard to convince him we were on course for the CL had the season not been cancelled.
Yeah I think even Sancho would have to accept these are very extenuating circumstances when it comes to champions league qualification being taken out of our hands.

Champagne Football

I think with the Lemar rumours surfacing yesterday, the fact Tahith Chong suddenly signed a new deal despite looking like leaving for months, I think it's very possible the club has decided a month ago to abandon the Sancho transfer due to astronomical price.

Perhaps Grealish will be our only big name signing over the summer, with Ighalo also signing a long term deal.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
I think with the Lemar rumours surfacing yesterday, the fact Tahith Chong suddenly signed a new deal despite looking like leaving for months, I think it's very possible the club has decided a month ago to abandon the Sancho transfer due to astronomical price.

Perhaps Grealish will be our only big name signing over the summer, with Ighalo also signing a long term deal.
How do I delete someone elses post?

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt

Not sure how correct I am but ai remember Ole saying something like the team needs a lot more creative players. Not conviced we will sign Sancho but Lamar would be more of a replacement for Lingard than Competition for Sancho. Ching can play either wing. We don't have enough wide men as it is.

-Supreme-

Not sure how correct I am but ai remember Ole saying something like the team needs a lot more creative players. Not conviced we will sign Sancho but Lamar would be more of a replacement for Lingard than Competition for Sancho. Ching can play either wing. We don't have enough wide men as it is.
Lemar could be an interesting signing, I don't recall we have ever spent relatively big money on someone that hasn't impressed after moving to a big club.

ovoxo

Could you see Atletico selling on the cheap? Didn’t they buy him for 70m? I think he’d be a great back up option for both wings and Bruno. Sancho I assume remains a priority.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout

C'mon! This is crazy. Sancho's price has, was, and will be astronomical. That's not new news to any potential suitor and certainly wouldn't be to us. If we're going for Sancho, we'll have budgeted for it. Chong signing is not going to have any bearing in pursuit of one of the biggest [gettable] names in football. Besides which, he may well be off on loan next season, and he badly needs it.

I can't comprehend how any club could go in thinking: 'we need a Sancho' and come out with a Lemar. That'd be like going to Ferrari showroom and leaving with mid-range Mercedes.
How do I delete someone elses post?
:lol:

Champagne Football

C'mon! This is crazy. Sancho's price has, was, and will be astronomical. That's not new news to any potential suitor and certainly wouldn't be to us. If we're going for Sancho, we'll have budgeted for it. Chong signing is not going to have any bearing in pursuit of one of the biggest [gettable] names in football. Besides which, he may well be off on loan next season, and he badly needs it.

I can't comprehend how any club could go in thinking: 'we need a Sancho' and come out with a Lemar. That'd be like going to Ferrari showroom and leaving with mid-range Mercedes.

:lol:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/f...ing-summer-Jadon-Sanchos-Man-United-risk.html

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
I could list a bunch of yay's and nays here, but ultimately, it's pointless. The top clubs are going to come out of this quite pariah'ish, if you ask me. Our position is strengthened, not weakened during austere times and it's the opportune time to turn screws in ways you wouldn't otherwise be able to do.

In relation to will we/won't we with regard to Sancho - do you think it makes sense to go for way inferior talent, blowing a portion of budget for vastly superior talent, or to wait it out entirely? Point being, you don't go into the market for a Sancho and come out with a Lemar. Especially so when that impacts on the possibility of going in for/affording the actual target further down the line.

If we do rein in our spending next window, I'd put doubts on us buying as many players as we wanted to next window over us cutting back on primary targets, personally.

Champagne Football

I could list a bunch of yay's and nays here, but ultimately, it's pointless. The top clubs are going to come out of this quite pariah'ish, if you ask me. Our position is strengthened, not weakened during austere times and it's the opportune time to turn screws in ways you wouldn't otherwise be able to do.

In relation to will we/won't we with regard to Sancho - do you think it makes sense to go for way inferior talent, blowing a portion of budget for vastly superior talent, or to wait it out entirely? Point being, you don't go into the market for a Sancho and come out with a Lemar. Especially so when that impacts on the possibility of going in for/affording the actual target further down the line.

If we do rein in our spending next window, I'd put doubts on us buying as many players as we wanted to next window over us cutting back on primary targets, personally.
Well whether we buy Sancho or not depends on whether we sell Pogba. Juventus and Madrid may not fancy spending £100 million on a moody 27 year old. And I'm not sure the board will sell for less than that.

We've already spent £65 million of the summers budget on Bruno. I'd imagine we've got 100 million spare to spend. And whether we spend more will depend on sales of squad players - Rojo, Lingard, Andreas, Jones etc

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
We've already spent £65 million of the summers budget on Bruno. I'd imagine we've got 100 million spare to spend. And whether we spend more will depend on sales of squad players - Rojo, Lingard, Andreas, Jones etc
Oh have we now?

Please tell us more Mr CEO of Man Utd.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
Well whether we buy Sancho or not depends on whether we sell Pogba. Juventus and Madrid may not fancy spending £100 million on a moody 27 year old. And I'm not sure the board will sell for less than that.

Pogba staying or going will have no bearing on Sancho, imo. Sancho has been a longstanding target for us, and it isn't beyond the realms of possibility to think the idea is have him in the same team as Pogba.

Sanchez is actually the player who, for me, would most stand in the way of a marquee player as he's a £300k p/w liability who we can't shift and, frankly, is crap so of no use to us. That's the biggest burden we have at the moment and the one I wonder how we'll extricate ourselves from. His wage would be Sancho's in an ideal world. But who is going to buy him, and would he even go to China after all of this madness?

I think your numbers are way off, btw, and that's with or without the corona issue potentially tightening our purse strings.

I think we'll sign Sancho even it means not signing anyone else.
Certainly more tilted that way - exceptional talent that can't be passed over is what will be snapped up over players who have competent alternatives who bring their own quirks and qualities to the table whilst possibly forfeiting the pros other targets had - ultimately leveling out to be round about the same quality of player when all is tallied up.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
Lemar could be an interesting signing, I don't recall we have ever spent relatively big money on someone that hasn't impressed after moving to a big club.
Why not adama toure? Knows the league, speedy and would be fantastic in ball transition.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Why not adama toure? Knows the league, speedy and would be fantastic in ball transition.
Traore would be a good but very expensive signing, don't think he'd be worth what Wolves are asking for him.

-Supreme-

Although he's good, but his style of play is too similar to James for my liking even though he's better than him currently but I would like to have someone that offers something different on our right side, and being left footed is important as well.

beingshe7don

I think the club will take a call of making Ighalo's transfer, permanent. Too many possibilities at this time... Sancho deal may not happen right now. Grealish could happen as the 60m price could be driven down since Aston Villa will need the money. Should have wrapped up Ziyech when we had the chance for 40 odd million. I can see Sancho deal being postponed to next Jan or following summer. I think we may have abandoned the idea of getting a DM (which we so need) by extending Matic's deal. Also, there's a possibility of the transfer window being shut over the summer since the players would have to do a medical to finalize the transfer and that may not be a possibility with the travel ban looming.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!

Jadon Sancho can end up being one of the best players in his generation is he continues to develop as he does. Chong has signed a "Show us you can make it" 2 year contract. He's done if he does not improve significantly. Lemar, while a fine footballer, is not even in the conversation of Sancho.

Jadon Sancho is this clubs primary transfer target when the window opens again

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!

International transfers are almost always structured with quarterly or annual payments over 2 years, some are over 1 year but the big money transfers involve 2 years. The club does not have any issues taking on a Sancho deal over 8 installments. The key component to our transfer business is how much cash do we have to pay upfront. The signing of Jack Grealish will likely command a lot of money upfront since buying in England, while Sancho will be paid in installments due to its size and MUFC simply offering Dortmund the best financial package.

We're not just spending the money immediately when we agree a tranfer, its structured over time, all depending on what Matt Judge can squeeze out of the selling club.

We paid more upfront for Bruno Fernandes than we should, because Sporting Lisbon are in BIG financial difficulties and could not wait for the money. Dortmund have no such problems. Yet. Who knows how long we're stuck in this quarantine hell.

jamesjimmybyrondean

I think we can get Sancho this summer transfer window based on only these 3 scenarios

1) We sell Pogba - So far our standard summer budget seems to be at most 100m. If that is true again in the next transfer window then i don't see how we plan on getting Sancho without selling Pogba and if Pogba is sold, that adds another additional hole to the midfield but that can be fixed with the 100m summer budget.

So, let's we have a 100m summer budget, we sell Pogba for 100m and sell the likes of Lingard, Rojo, Smalling and Jones for 50m. We would have 250m to spend at that point. And in that case we could get Grealish and Zakaria for 100m and get Sancho and Ighalo for 150m

2) He's our only signing - Let's say we keep Pogba and sign Ighalo on a permanent deal, RW could prove to be the only position in our team that needs fixing urgently. Our defense is good for now, we would have decent enough midfielders as Pogba, Bruno, Mctominay, Matic and Fred can all rotate with Mata and Pereira in the reserves. Our attack would have Rashford and James as LW, Ighalo and Martial as ST but only Greenwood as RW. So RW could well prove to be the only position that needs immediate filling

3) We have a summer warchest - If the plan is to keep Pogba as well as sign Sancho but he won't be the only signing then we most likely plan to spend big

croadyman

I think we can get Sancho this summer transfer window based on only these 3 scenarios

1) We sell Pogba - So far our standard summer budget seems to be at most 100m. If that is true again in the next transfer window then i don't see how we plan on getting Sancho without selling Pogba and if Pogba is sold, that adds another additional hole to the midfield but that can be fixed with the 100m summer budget.

So, let's we have a 100m summer budget, we sell Pogba for 100m and sell the likes of Lingard, Rojo, Smalling and Jones for 50m. We would have 250m to spend at that point. And in that case we could get Grealish and Zakaria for 100m and get Sancho and Ighalo for 150m

2) He's our only signing - Let's say we keep Pogba and sign Ighalo on a permanent deal, RW could prove to be the only position in our team that needs fixing urgently. Our defense is good for now, we would have decent enough midfielders as Pogba, Bruno, Mctominay, Matic and Fred can all rotate with Mata and Pereira in the reserves. Our attack would have Rashford and James as LW, Ighalo and Martial as ST but only Greenwood as RW. So RW could well prove to be the only position that needs immediate filling

3) We have a summer warchest - If the plan is to keep Pogba as well as sign Sancho but he won't be the only signing then we most likely plan to spend big
If you had asked me a month ago I would say number one is the most likely scenario,however with the current situation I am now leaning more towards number two.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight

Teams with set transfer budgets do not sign Jadon Sanchos.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Imagine if we go into next season with:

Rashford----Martial----Sancho

-------------------Bruno

*Greenwood also will be in there a lot too. That lad is insanely good already.

Best attacking lineup we've had since days of Rooney, Tevez n Ronaldo? I'd say so. RVP season was class but the others in attack weren't quite there when he was. I think that front 3 above has potential to be amazing. Make it happen.

crossy1686

career ending
Imagine if we go into next season with:

Rashford----Martial----Sancho

-------------------Bruno

*Greenwood also will be in there a lot too. That lad is insanely good already.

Best attacking lineup we've had since days of Rooney, Tevez n Ronaldo? I'd say so. RVP season was class but the others in attack weren't quite there when he was. I think that front 3 above has potential to be amazing. Make it happen.
We'd still need a 25 goal a season striker to be in with a shout of winning major honors I'd say, but we'd certainly be closer to being peak United again.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
We'd still need a 25 goal a season striker to be in with a shout of winning major honors I'd say, but we'd certainly be closer to being peak United again.
Isn't Rashford on 19 for the season? And Martial on 16? Not inconceivable that their outputs would increase with a full season with Bruno and Sancho (and Pogba).

Rashford probably would've hit 25 this season were it not for his injury. Martial would probably get close as well.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Isn't Rashford on 19 for the season? And Martial on 16? Not inconceivable that their outputs would increase with a full season with Bruno and Sancho (and Pogba).

Rashford probably would've hit 25 this season were it not for his injury. Martial would probably get close as well.
I don’t think Martial is elite level, or consistent enough to hang your hat on really. Rashford and Sancho on the wings is tasty as hell, but we need a proper finisher up front I reckon. Is it worth signing anybody when we have Greenwood waiting in the wings though?

Status
Not open for further replies.