Jadon Sancho| Staying at Dortmund for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Judas

Open to offers
I think Sancho would be the perfect signing to sit on the bench, just to remind Dan James he might not start every league cup game, that'll make him pull his socks up.

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello
I think Sancho would be the perfect signing to sit on the bench, just to remind Dan James he might not start every league cup game, that'll make him pull his socks up.
Absolutely. I don't think anyone would have any qualms about Sancho being a £100m understudy to our hard- working Welsh winger.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
If We sign Sancho, it will be to replace 2011/2012 Valencia who left the club in 2013, not Dan James.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Speaking on the Gab and Juls podcast,
Julien Laurens offered an interesting take on United’s pursuit of Borussia Dortmund’s Jadon Sancho.

“He might be joining United and United will certainly do a lot of work,” Laurens noted.

“I don’t think it’s done already, obviously, but I think it’s a very big possibility he will end up at Old Trafford in the summer, whenever the transfer window opens.”

https://www.caughtoffside.com/2020/...d-class-talent/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
All the right people saying all the right things regarding Sancho, I'm cautiously optimistic. If we managed to keep hold of Pogba, having attacking players of the calibre of Rashford, Pogba, Martial, Sancho and Fernandes (not to mention Greenwood) would give us far and away the strongest attack we've had in years and dare I say one of the strongest attacks in the league.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Going to be so frustrating having Sancho and Bruno on the books and Pogba signing a new contract and then having to wait over 12 months to actually see any of them play at Old Trafford.

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
Going to be so frustrating having Sancho and Bruno on the books and Pogba signing a new contract and then having to wait over 12 months to actually see any of them play at Old Trafford.
It's looking like the transfer window will be shifted to line up just before the new season kicks off, so can't see us signing Sancho that long before we start playing again.

macheda14

It's looking like the transfer window will be shifted to line up just before the new season kicks off, so can't see us signing Sancho that long before we start playing again.
Could be a good while until fans can go to games.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
I'd consider a transfer window success, even if he's the only buy (and keep Ighalo). Adding Grealish would be like a very nice bonus, though.

croadyman

I'd consider a transfer window success, even if he's the only buy (and keep Ighalo). Adding Grealish would be like a very nice bonus, though.
Yeah would be a success as he is our top target, still convinced that any move for a midfielder is dependent on Pogba leaving

sport2793

Surprised to see James so low on the moving with the ball side of things. He doesn't often take his man on, but he travels long distances with the ball quite often.
Whenever I see James cover ground, it is usually through chasing a through ball rather than carrying the ball, which makes sense as you want to maximize his speed as much as possible. You want a mix of players in a team: some who carry the ball, some who take their man on, and players with pace who can stretch the field. All the chart shows is that Sancho can give us a mix of the first two types of players, which will complement other players in the squad nicely.

James Ward

James gets a serious hard time for some reason. He only turned 22 in November, cost feck all, our top assisting player, played basically every match, was burnt out, not on a big wage and has all the potential in the world.

On another note if we sign Sancho do people think with Rashford on the left and Sancho on the right is Martial the right man to have in the middle?
Personally I would say no.

E-mal

James gets a serious hard time for some reason. He only turned 22 in November, cost feck all, our top assisting player, played basically every match, was burnt out, not on a big wage and has all the potential in the world.

On another note if we sign Sancho do people think with Rashford on the left and Sancho on the right is Martial the right man to have in the middle?
Personally I would say Yes.

James Ward

He likes to drift deep, think an out and out striker is needed to be honest to put away the assists. The amount of good balls James put into the box this season with no in there was crazy.

Teja

If we were going for the CL or even the PL title, then maybe not. I think next season should be about a very comfy top four finish (80+ pts) with some reasonable gap (<10 pts at the end of the season) to the title and I think Martial is more than good enough for that. If he improves, great, if not we'll go for Haaland in 2021 and we'll be sorted.

lenny_1248

He likes to drift deep, think an out and out striker is needed to be honest to put away the assists. The amount of good balls James put into the box this season with no in there was crazy.
Then maybe once, just once, he could turn his head up and actually pick a pass than just simply cross it to no one?
The amount of disrespect Martial gets is mad.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Yeah would be a success as he is our top target, still convinced that any move for a midfielder is dependent on Pogba leaving
I think it depends on how much Sancho and Grealish will cost. And also if we can ship out high earners, or even moderate earners but have no value to the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.