Jadon Sancho| Staying at Dortmund for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedDevilRoshi

I dont think they’ll fancy Dalot, I guess the only ones would be Greenwood and maybe Gomes.
Don’t think they will want Dalot either. I’m sure it was reported that they asked for Greenwood in exchange but we rightly so said no. As things stand, Gomes will be out of contract in June.

Might they ask for Hannibal Mejbri?

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Is it true they only want 100m euros? Saw a second hand tweet saying that's romano is saying
Romano has been saying they want €100m for some time now and repeated the same earlier on the podcast with Mark Goldbridge.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Don’t think they will want Dalot either. I’m sure it was reported that they asked for Greenwood in exchange but we rightly so said no. As things stand, Gomes will be out of contract in June.

I think they will ask for Mejbri ahead of the likes of Gomes etc.

cyberman

They can try.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Romano has been saying they want €100m for some time now and repeated the same earlier on the podcast with Mark Goldbridge.
Thanks, hadn't heard. That is an amazing price for englands biggest talent and one of the biggest talents in the world.

ZolaWasMagic

Supports
Chelsea
He clearly says in the interview that he doesn't see how mega deals will happen given the situation. Goldbrige then agreed. Woodward even said this the other day too.

I honestly think we were all set to get him like many others did. This virus has put a real spanner in the works for sure. I don't see us spending 100m on one player right now sadly. And I'd love us to get him.

I think we may have to wait till 2021 now.
how the hell people cant seem to grasp that those huge deals rumoured pre- covid19 are very unlikely now, is beyond me. Ignore the fact of how rich clubs are etc, it's just the current financial climate. They wont happen IMO.

I wouldnt be even the slightest bit surprised to see him renew his contract with Dortmund. which is also the suggestion from Manuel Veth on Twitter who covers German football

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Thanks, hadn't heard. That is an amazing price for englands biggest talent and one of the biggest talents in the world.
And if we can't get Sancho due to the issues facing us today, then Romano also mentioned that Chiesa will also be on the market with his price slashed by €20m. Chiesa for €60m would also be a very good deal, eventhough we all want Sancho we should definitely sort the RW problem in the up coming window IMO.

cyberman

how the hell people cant seem to grasp that those huge deals rumoured pre- covid19 are very unlikely now, is beyond me. Ignore the fact of how rich clubs are etc, it's just the current financial climate. They wont happen IMO.

I wouldnt be even the slightest bit surprised to see him renew his contract with Dortmund. which is also the suggestion from Manuel Veth on Twitter who covers German football
Seems like when the Chelsea link died a death you are now kind of hoping he stays?
The financial situation works both ways, a lot of clubs have to balance the books over the next 18 months.

Based Adnan

Difficult to say if it's an amazing price until we know how the market is post virus. Pre virus though I agree.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Seems like when the Chelsea link died a death you are now kind of hoping he stays?
The financial situation works both ways, a lot of clubs have to balance the books over the next 18 months.
Unless we can sell 3 to 4 players for 20m each I cant see how we can afford it either. We will be out of pocket too after all this. I think Woodward went early on this to dampen fan expectation as last time he had people outside his house shockingly.

I think we might have to revisit Sancho to United in summer 2021. Hope I'm wrong and we can get him however given the state of play spending 100m on a footballer isn't going to give off the best Image of the club is it?

SAFMUTD

Too young to be transfered I think, just played his first season with the U18. If they want to include him in the transfer I don’t think he’ll be of much weight, certainly not anything above 15-20M.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Unless we can sell 3 to 4 players for 20m each I cant see how we can afford it either. We will be out of pocket too after all this. I think Woodward went early on this to dampen fan expectation as last time he had people outside his house shockingly.

I think we might have to revisit Sancho to United in summer 2021. Hope I'm wrong and we can get him however given the state of play spending 100m on a footballer isn't going to give off the best Image of the club is it?
Nobody knows how we, or other clubs, intend to structure our deals. Perhaps we will work our a structured schedule.?Perhaps we will take out a loan in order to capitalise now?

For everyone talking about business sense, it is also not ideal business sense to simply return for a list of players next year at 30% above what they were going for this summer if we can avoid it. So long as it looks like football has a future, getting a loan would make more sense than simply waiting for a player you could get for £50m today to return to his £70m value next summer. Especially if you multiply that by two or three players.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
And if we can't get Sancho due to the issues facing us today, then Romano also mentioned that Chiesa will also be on the market with his price slashed by €20m. Chiesa for €60m would also be a very good deal, eventhough we all want Sancho we should definitely sort the RW problem in the up coming window IMO.
Great news, I really like Chiesa as well. Not quite the same player, but it's exciting to think we may actually address gaps with some super talented players in the summer.

croadyman

Yeah I am getting the impression we might have to do that,could well be another season without a proper RW which would be gutting.

jamesjimmybyrondean

The reliable journalists have said we're in contact with him and he is our no.1 priority. I think people just find us getting him to good to be true that's why some here have doubts

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
The reliable journalists have said we're in contact with him and he is our no.1 priority. I think people just find us getting him to good to be true that's why some here have doubts
No its more to do with the virus and loss of money we will endure over this pandemic. Also a 100m signing after all thats happened just doesn't seem right.

I think we will have to wait till next summer now. Thankfully he's still incredibly young.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
No its more to do with the virus and loss of money we will endure over this pandemic. Also a 100m signing after all thats happened just doesn't seem right.

I think we will have to wait till next summer now. Thankfully he's still incredibly young.
It's not like the entire signing fee happens in one go normally. It'll be split over two or three years by which time things will hopefully be back to normal. Or if selling clubs want a higher percentage (or all) straight up to help them through their own financial difficulties, they'll settle for a lesser total amount.

cyberman

Who says he has to go for 100m? Sancho isnt above the market. I wouldnt listen to Dortmund and take it as gospel in these times.

jamesjimmybyrondean

Hasn't it also been reported that we're on of the few clubs that can take advantage of the pandemic?

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
And who says we have to pay £100mill in one installment? Surely we can spread the cost.
That would depend on Dortmund. Leicester said all upfront for Harry for example. If they are willing to do a structured deal then it is more likely. However we do still owe about £150m to other clubs apparently on these type of deals.

Anyone expecting big things this summer is setting themselves up for a fall. This bloody virus has changed everything.

GledTheRed

That would depend on Dortmund. Leicester said all upfront for Harry for example. If they are willing to do a structured deal then it is more likely. However we do still owe about £150m to other clubs apparently on these type of deals.

Anyone expecting big things this summer is setting themselves up for a fall. This bloody virus has changed everything.
I think the bigger wealthier clubs will take advantage tbh just like they used to before all the TV money and the likes of Newcastle telling us to do one for Sean Longstaff.

Rolaholic

£87m would've been a great price even before the pandemic, only 7m more than Maguite and less than Pogba's fee for an elite talent that just turned 20...

Felix went for £110m+ last year at the same age after proving much less in 1 season in Portugal than Sancho has in 2 in Germany

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
87m would be a good deal given his age and talent. I wouldn't take that as gospel though. Pure speculation.

Lets hope we get him. We will have one of best front 3's around if we do.

Real Madras

Supports
Real Oviedo
Nothing would please me more than to see Sancho come to United this summer regardless of the cost involved. I just don’t see him actually coming to us. I think Ed coming out the other day and saying what he was saying was an indication that these uncertain times have indeed scared the Glazers. I think we will get 2 players this summer and I feel no one will see them coming.

I genuinely think moving forward we will now be signing the right players for Manchester United but I don’t think we will get Sancho for £100m. The only way that happens is if we lose Pogba.

Let’s be realistic here guys. Ed has come out and said it and I don’t think he’s come out and said that because he wants other clubs to think we won’t be bullied into paying large transfer fees when he’s come out previously and said we have loads of money to spend.

Status
Not open for further replies.