Jadon Sancho| Staying at Dortmund for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

RUCK4444

I dont know why they would panic unless they think we are the only suitors for Sancho even if he stays one more year. But when I think about it this might be Dortmunds best chance to get him for a good price. If they don't sell Sancho now then by the next season he would have 6 months left on his contract. No team would want to spend big amounts on a player with 6 months left. So this window may be their best chance.
That's what I mean. This year is the best chance for Dortmund to get decent money for him, we are currently the best suitors and if they see us start spending our budget elsewhere it might make them flinch.

It's like if your selling a top motor and your most likely customer starts sniffing around the cheaper models, the salesman will get a bit twitchy, it's all part of the song and dance. :D

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Well they won't get that this summer, so they risk losing him for a LOT less next season. Combine that with keeping an unhappy player for a year and is it really worth it?

All depends on Sancho and how much he wants to leave I guess.
That argument would make more sense if someone was offering full price. But as things look right now they would have to sell him at a discount either way. And who knows what happens next summer? Maybe he plays a good Euros, maybe Real/Barca suddenly have a vacancy? And how realistic is it that United could tell Sancho two summers in a row "sorry lad, we don't want to pay the asking price for you, please wait another year"?

theklr

Not sure on the way it works but do release clauses HAVE to be paid upfront?

Anyway obviously PSG are a little different than the norm.
Only if the selling club wants it to be or dont want to sell. If not they can structure it as they like afaik.

.mica

Supports
Dortmund
Has there ever been a deal in world football that's seen £90+ paid upfront and in one go? Or anything above three figures?

I don't think there has.
The Dembele Transfer. Only all the bonuses were paid one after another (when the cases were triggered). And Dortmund will use this demand (all money now) as a pressure. United is in disavantage here. Dortmund can lean back and relax. Having in mind how slow Woodward is, you can also bring in the argument that Dortmund always make their buisnesses and transfers quick and has often fixed everything as the first in european football. So they will tell to Woodward: "hurry up, and we got no time for your "preparing a bid" shit, and for negotiating not paying all upfront and in one go. Take it or leave it".

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
That argument would make more sense if someone was offering full price. But as things look right now they would have to sell him at a discount either way. And who knows what happens next summer? Maybe he plays a good Euros, maybe Real/Barca suddenly have a vacancy? And how realistic is it that United could tell Sancho two summers in a row "sorry lad, we don't want to pay the asking price for you, please wait another year"?
Full price has been destroyed by Corona Virus.

They can ask for £130m but it's just not going to happen. They can happily refuse all offers but if the player has asked to leave it makes it a tougher decision.

romufc

The Dembele Transfer. Only all the bonuses were paid one after another (when the cases were triggered). And Dortmund will use this demand (all money now) as a pressure. United is in disavantage here. Dortmund can lean back and relax. Having in mind how slow Woodward is, you can also bring in the argument that Dortmund always make their buisnesses and transfers quick and has often fixed everything as the first in european football. So they will tell to Woodward: "hurry up, and we got no time for your "preparing a bid" shit, and for negotiating not paying all upfront and in one go. Take it or leave it".
It could also go another way where Manutd or any other team decide.. not worth the fee for this summer and you have a player who is not happy for one more season.

Come next july, you have a player in his final year of his contract, so no bidding war there and another player (Haaland) with a £60m release clause. End up losing both and then whoever Dortmund go to to buy, the seller will say well you have £150m odd so pay up.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Not sure on the way it works but do release clauses HAVE to be paid upfront?

Anyway obviously PSG are a little different than the norm.
They don’t have to be. Of course, everything can be negotiated. However, the point of a clause is that it removes the need to negotiate. Barcelona were not willing to negotiate the sale, they wanted him to stay. They accepted the 200m not because it was a lot of money and a great deal, but because they had no choice. If PSG came with a cheque for half, they would have had the right to tell them to feck off. The full clause deposited at the La Liga head office? Done.

jamesjimmybyrondean

I don't know? But the signings they have made and the new speculation around who they now want suggests not.
The speculation for me are just speculations until a reliable source confirms it. They've signed Ziyech and about to get Werner. Werner plays St and LW Ziyech can be used as AM. There's still space for Sancho

Svartzonker

Last Man Standing 2 champion 2022/23
Not true. Barcelona paid 70mil upfront and 35mil the next summer. As per Der Spiegel.

Love your fantasy quotations, surely that is the way highly educated busines men talk to eachother.

Dude, how old are u?

.mica

Supports
Dortmund
It could also go another way where Manutd or any other team decide.. not worth the fee for this summer and you have a player who is not happy for one more season.

Come next july, you have a player in his final year of his contract, so no bidding war there and another player (Haaland) with a £60m release clause. End up losing both and then whoever Dortmund go to to buy, the seller will say well you have £150m odd so pay up.
This thread alone got how much pages? Cause of the common thinking "Sancho is the real deal". And given the situation United is in i doubt that Woodward or United can afford it to not try to sign him. We don't got a player we want to get rid of, its the other way around: A lot of teams want our player badly. And we don't need the money, we need a player. And whats even the argument "not happy for one season?", you mean he would refuse to play football? Thats no serious argument. He also wants to play, and more so play at his best. If he won't do it, his value drops. You can't afford it as a young player just "make a sabbatical" and relax on the bench. Please.

.mica

Supports
Dortmund
Love your fantasy quotations, surely that is the way highly educated busines men talk to eachother.

Dude, how old are u?
Thats a way saying something as exact as possible, for me as a foreigner cause english is not my mothertongue. You understand what i mean, didn't you? So it works i guess, you can stop offending me. Thanks for the argument with the article in der Spiegel. But this is no striking argument for a possibility to pay Sancho over 3 years. It was 70 mio immedeatly, 35 the next season, but this adds to all the bonuses which also have to be paid immediatly. We are no lender, we are a football club.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
The Dembele transfer was different due to Barca turning the players head which led to the player going AWOL. Which inturn angered Watzke towards Barca, hence the demands placed on Barca regarding the transfer fee and how it would be structured.

Dortmund are in no position to put pressure on United or even claim to have the upperhand in the current climate. The player has two years to run on his contract and is refusing to extend his contract and wants out according to German media. If by next year he's still at Dortmund then he'll be 6 months away from signing a pre contract with a different club on a free. The pressure is on Dortmund and they're in no position to tell Woodward to hurry up. And keeping a unhappy player who wants out reportedly could spectacularly backfire.

romufc

This thread alone got how much pages? Cause of the common thinking "Sancho is the real deal". And given the situation United is in i doubt that Woodward or United can afford it to not try to sign him. We don't got a player we want to get rid of, its the other way around: A lot of teams want our player badly. And we don't need the money, we need a player. And whats even the argument "not happy for one season?", you mean he would refuse to play football? Thats no serious argument. He also wants to play, and more so play at his best. If he won't do it, his value drops. You can't afford it as a young player just "make a sabbatical" and relax on the bench. Please.
Firstly, I am not suggesting Sancho will stop playing or not want to perform. His attitude can change. The common thinking is he is the real deal, but majority of the fans don't watch Sancho for 90 mins every game. £100m is alot of money for a player, they have to be game changers. I don't doubt his quality.

If say United tap him up and say we are trying to sign you, but the club is not open to negotiations, the player will feel the club is letting him down.

What if Dortmund have a bad season next and Sancho is not the same level as this, his value will drop then too.

This summer is probably the time where Dortmund will get the most money imo.

jamesjimmybyrondean

Firstly, I am not suggesting Sancho will stop playing or not want to perform. His attitude can change. The common thinking is he is the real deal, but majority of the fans don't watch Sancho for 90 mins every game. £100m is alot of money for a player, they have to be game changers. I don't doubt his quality.

If say United tap him up and say we are trying to sign you, but the club is not open to negotiations, the player will feel the club is letting him down.

What if Dortmund have a bad season next and Sancho is not the same level as this, his value will drop then too.

This might have been true pre Covid but nobody is expecting any club to spend 130m on a player right now

.mica

Supports
Dortmund

Yeah, thats true. And they know it, but they also know how desperate United is and how much money they got. And we got Sancho for nearly nothing, so selling him will be always with a lot of profit.
In the end it will be hard negotiations. And i only wanted to say its not as easy as it was posted to tell "come on we just pay him over 3 years". Watzke and Zorc know exactly what to do, and they will give Woodward a hard time. I mean, if he isn't only "preparing" a bid. And you know how slow he is. You guys are searching for a right wing since when?

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Thats a way saying something as exact as possible, for me as a foreigner cause english is not my mothertongue. You understand what i mean, didn't you? So it works i guess, you can stop offending me. Thanks for the argument with the article in der Spiegel. But this is no striking argument for a possibility to pay Sancho over 3 years. It was 70 mio immedeatly, 35 the next season, but this adds to all the bonuses which also have to be paid immediatly. We are no lender, we are a football club.
You don’t have the juice you think you have. We’ll come back next summer with half the amount and see what you say then. Dortmund will be reasonable.

romufc

Yeah, thats true. And they know it, but they also know how desperate United is and how much money they got. And we got Sancho for nearly nothing, so selling him will be always with a lot of profit.
In the end it will be hard negotiations. And i only wanted to say its not as easy as it was posted to tell "come on we just pay him over 3 years". Watzke and Zorc know exactly what to do, and they will give Woodward a hard time. I mean, if he isn't only "preparing" a bid. And you know how slow he is. You guys are searching for a right wing since when?
Ofcourse, that is the same with United. If Real or Juve come knocking, we won't make it easy for them to get Pogba. If you are going into a negotiation for someone like Sancho, you cannot expect the selling club to say how much do you want to pay? It won't happen like that.

Woodward taking an age has really frustrated me on transfers. The one positive I have seen in the last 12-18 months is that we will not sign a player for the sake of it. We have a glaring hole in the RW, could have signed Pepe last summer but I believe Sancho is the one Ole wants.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
You don’t have the juice you think you have. We’ll come back next summer with half the amount and see what you say then. Dortmund will be reasonable.
They are always first in European football, they have all the juice.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Ofcourse, that is the same with United. If Real or Juve come knocking, we won't make it easy for them to get Pogba. If you are going into a negotiation for someone like Sancho, you cannot expect the selling club to say how much do you want to pay? It won't happen like that.

Woodward taking an age has really frustrated me on transfers. The one positive I have seen in the last 12-18 months is that we will not sign a player for the sake of it. We have a glaring hole in the RW, could have signed Pepe last summer but I believe Sancho is the one Ole wants.
We don’t know what really happens tbh. Any interest of ours has people demanding daily updates. There were reports after the fact that the Pogba ‘saga’ was completed in just two short meetings, for example. And that was a world record deal between two mega clubs.The media played it out day by day for a couple of months. Anthony Martial was another record deal - and was done in about 24 hours. Lukaku in about 48.

There’s nothing wrong in not letting clubs take the piss out of us anyway. Fans are just muppets, half of whom have already lost it before the window has even opened in this particular case.

crossy1686

career ending
Whats the price being touted around for him?
Reliable reports are suggesting Dortmund want €100m for him, with the bulk of that being upfront. They're unwilling to budge on it because they think someone will pay it in the next season or so. Both them and Sancho are relaxed about him leaving this summer and both will commit to another year if a deal isn't struck with a buying party.

United have it all to do really to convince Dortmund that €80m this summer is better than €50m next summer.

Giggsy13

£100m net spend is actually very high. Especially given we're likely to sell Smalling, Rojo, Sanchez (hopefully) and we also have another installment on the Lukaku transfer incoming. Lingard and Pereira may be sold too depending on who we sign.
Not the point I was making but Ogden’s reference to our limited net spend was for last year not this upcoming transfer market. I was more establishing the point that if Ogden says it then it’s coming with high grade of credibility.

Rob Bowman

For me this is where it has to start... Kai, VDB, Jude, Thiago... lots else will depend a lot on if Pogba stays or goes.

Sancho is a lock need and alone upgrades us. Get him and the rest will sort itself.

Walters_19_MuFc

Reliable reports are suggesting Dortmund want €100m for him, with the bulk of that being upfront. They're unwilling to budge on it because they think someone will pay it in the next season or so. Both them and Sancho are relaxed about him leaving this summer and both will commit to another year if a deal isn't struck with a buying party.

United have it all to do really to convince Dortmund that €80m this summer is better than €50m next summer.
Cheers!

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri

I think that price is fair to be honest. I would have thought his willingness to join a club not guaranteed CL would be more of a stumbling block, rather than haggling over 20m. If he waits a year he can probably join any club he wants, as his price would drop significantly and he won't be short of suiters.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Most reports have said €120m for the past month or so.

lsd

The Oracle
Not a chance this is happening or will happen . Why do you do this yourselves ?

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Why do you feel the need to post things like that?
Because he requires a defence mechanism to ‘manage his emotions’ about a hypothetical transfer that he quietly seeks ‘updates’ on several times a day, in hope, while trying to convince himself and others that this is all about nothing in the first place. These people have been here since the very first page explaining why they don’t just have doubts, but are certain that there is ‘no chance’. Well before the pandemic, they were hiding behind another excuse back then, the convenience of Corona has provided a new buffer. Don’t be fooled, they are as invested and hopeful as everyone else.

Rampant Red Rodriguez

Scared of women, so hates them.
I'm reading that they want £115m for him now, so at such stupid prices I say they can go get fecked and we'll wait for the lad. I wouldn't spend so much money on him but would be happy to negotiate a better price for him in the 60 to 70 range as a maximum. Anything over and they can get lost tbh.

Waiting for a year extra is not a bad idea, why should we pay so much extra money for him.

Rampant Red Rodriguez

Scared of women, so hates them.
Tell Rio to chat with his old man and persuade the lad to not sign a new contract or extension and say he will come in the next year and be the highest profile player with a tidy contract to boot.

Leave this summer, but with 18 and 12 months to go there will be a better chance at negotiation for a better price.

Giggsy13

Not a chance this is happening or will happen . Why do you do this yourselves ?
Right, despite a very credible source in Ogden saying that we’re leading the race for his signature. The club has taken out a loan for a reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.