Jadon Sancho| Staying at Dortmund for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

romufc

I dont know why they would panic unless they think we are the only suitors for Sancho even if he stays one more year. But when I think about it this might be Dortmunds best chance to get him for a good price. If they don't sell Sancho now then by the next season he would have 6 months left on his contract. No team would want to spend big amounts on a player with 6 months left. So this window may be their best chance.
I don't think BVB will panic, they have a generational talent, he won't be short of suitors.

Sancho's contract expires in June 2022 so he will have another year left, we saw Hazard go for £100m with a year left. The point will be that will BVB risk losing 2 players next summer? With Sancho going into his final year, they would want to sell him to get a fee and Haaland's release clause coming into play. They could potentially lose their 2 best players in one window.

jamesjimmybyrondean

Atheltic said today that United have made Sancho their number 1 transfer target this summer but have others lined up just in case they can't land him.

Also said VDB isn't a likely transfer, they suspect Grealish would be signed before VDB according to their sources. Said Van Der Sar's comments in the press the other day were comments of a man trying to get a bidding war going, not much in it otherwise.
Not even sure to believe this

jamesjimmybyrondean

I don't think BVB will panic, they have a generational talent, he won't be short of suitors.

Sancho's contract expires in June 2022 so he will have another year left, we saw Hazard go for £100m with a year left. The point will be that will BVB risk losing 2 players next summer? With Sancho going into his final year, they would want to sell him to get a fee and Haaland's release clause coming into play. They could potentially lose their 2 best players in one window.
This is going to be another long saga. If he has one year left after one season then Dortmund better keep him now. There would be a bidding war for him at that time. Dortmund are smart and they've already quoted a price thats a win for them. It's between from what I've read 100m - 130m if we pay it then it meets their valuation for Sancho and they gain a lot. If we don't they go on to next season where there would be more suitors and sill still get good money for him with 1 year left. Either way their valuation for Sancho would be met so we better stop low balling them

Rolaholic

SportBild is reporting this morning that he's made his mind up and is set on leaving this summer...

You know what to do Woody

We had the 3 Spanish Amigos a few years ago, now time to have the 3 English Amigos with Rashford, Sancho and Lingard :lol: :D

jamesjimmybyrondean

SportBild is reporting this morning that he's made his mind up and is set on leaving this summer...

You know what to do Woody

We had the 3 Spanish Amigos a few years ago, now time to have the 3 English Amigos with Rashford, Sancho and Lingard :lol: :D
Who are the Spanish ones

Morpheus 7

Imagine this saga goes on to October, because of this apparent new transfer window. Dortmund will sell, it's what they do. They want as much as they can get. They will be taking a serious hit next summer on what they could get. Ed Woodward and Matt Judge with there poker face on, you know they will cave and pay up basically what Dortmund want. That 130 million euro quoted today is utter bullsht too, they will be lucky to get 100m euro. United will probably get it down to 90m euro. They still are making big money.

romufc

This is going to be another long saga. If he has one year left after one season then Dortmund better keep him now. There would be a bidding war for him at that time. Dortmund are smart and they've already quoted a price thats a win for them. It's between from what I've read 100m - 130m if we pay it then it meets their valuation for Sancho and they gain a lot. If we don't they go on to next season where there would be more suitors and sill still get good money for him with 1 year left. Either way their valuation for Sancho would be met so we better stop low balling them
I agree, this is going to be a very long saga with twists and turns.

Teams always prepare for a bidding war, but when was the last time you saw a bidding war for a player? When a player is valued at £100m, there are not many teams who can afford that in the first place.

Secondly, teams have other areas to improve on as well, blowing a large proportion on a bidding war may not happen.

If we miss out on him this season and sign another RW for a substantial fee, I cannot see us going back for him for a third season.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Think it might get a bit messy, Sancho will have to kick off and force it to get his wish to leave I feel.

Dortmund know they've got a Golden Goose here and don't want to lose him for a low price this summer, but they know next year he will be worth even less also.

I think eventually we will settle for something like £90 + add ons.

cyberman

His contract has two years left. Dortmund playing a fine game of chicken here. No way will anyone pay €130m in this economic climate:
Madrid players gave up 3 months of wages and their most reliable mouthpieces say they wont spend a penny this summer.
Nonsense like this really should be a blacklist offence

Last edited:

jamesjimmybyrondean

Think it might get a bit messy, Sancho will have to kick off and force it to get his wish to leave I feel.

Dortmund know they've got a Golden Goose here and don't want to lose him for a low price this summer, but they know next year he will be worth even less also.

Dortmund would want Dembele money

Sassy Colin

Death or the gladioli!
Aliens are in control of my tagline & location

Where do I make the bank transfer to?

Adam-Utd

Dortmund would want Dembele money
Well they won't get that this summer, so they risk losing him for a LOT less next season. Combine that with keeping an unhappy player for a year and is it really worth it?

All depends on Sancho and how much he wants to leave I guess.

Redo91

Atheltic said today that United have made Sancho their number 1 transfer target this summer but have others lined up just in case they can't land him.

Also said VDB isn't a likely transfer, they suspect Grealish would be signed before VDB according to their sources. Said Van Der Sar's comments in the press the other day were comments of a man trying to get a bidding war going, not much in it otherwise.
Do you mind me asking where did they say that? Was it one of the podcasts? Can’t see an article on it.
Not doubting you by the way just want to check it out myself.

Giggsy13

When Ogden said our transfer budget was limited to a net spend of £100 million he was getting slated by our supporters but he was right. I would take his opinion on things very seriously and hope he’s right with Sancho and Bellingham.

Svartzonker

Last Man Standing 2 champion 2022/23
People who talk about bidding wars seems to forget that the player has to agree to join several teams in order for an actual bidding war to occur.

crossy1686

career ending
Not even sure to believe this
Do you mind me asking where did they say that? Was it one of the podcasts? Can’t see an article on it.
Not doubting you by the way just want to check it out myself.
It's in here lads, have a listen:

If you don't want to listen to the whole thing, it's the last 7 minutes where they discuss transfer stuff.

Would be great if most of us could give this a regular listen to so I don't have to keep coming back into transfer threads when I quote something they've said and someone says it's bollocks because they didn't read it in the Star this morning.

Last edited:

jamesjimmybyrondean

It's in here lads, have a listen:

Would be great if most of us could give this a regular listen to so I don't have to keep coming back into transfer threads when I quote something they've said and someone says it's bollocks because they didn't read it in the Star this morning.
I believe they said it. I just don't know if the information is true

jamesjimmybyrondean

Well they won't get that this summer, so they risk losing him for a LOT less next season. Combine that with keeping an unhappy player for a year and is it really worth it?

All depends on Sancho and how much he wants to leave I guess.
How much is a lot less?

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
Taking the 130m as gospel. Then there is nothing saying that they want that all up front. Could easily split that over 3 years. Just under 45m from our budget for the next 3 years. You'll about cover that with player sales anyway. Then you're probably looking at a portion of that being incentive based. I reckon we'll end up getting him. The price will only be reported higher and higher though, as it's us.

Didn't Bruno end up costing about 40m and it's reported as 70 in some places?

.mica

Supports
Dortmund
Taking the 130m as gospel. Then there is nothing saying that they want that all up front. Could easily split that over 3 years. Just under 45m from our budget for the next 3 years. You'll about cover that with player sales anyway. Then you're probably looking at a portion of that being incentive based. I reckon we'll end up getting him. The price will only be reported higher and higher though, as it's us.

Didn't Bruno end up costing about 40m and it's reported as 70 in some places?
I don't think thats an option for Dortmund. Every cent now, or leave it. Its not like Watzke will say: "Ah poor United, ok we help you with your money problems". He is more likely to say: "Disneyland doesn't got enough? Thats not our problem"

Last edited:

jamesjimmybyrondean

I think it's clear that he wants to return to England so even if he stays one extra season we can take Barcelona Madrid Bayern Juve and PSG out of the picture.

Focusing on England the only teams he would find attractive are Liverpool City Chelsea and us. Liverpool are out of the picture if they can't even afford Werner. Looking at this in a scenario where this drags for another season it could be between Chelsea City and us

TheReligion

Abusive
I don't think thats an option for Dortmund. Every cent now, or leave it. Its not like Watzke will say: "Ah poor United, ok we help you with your money problems". He is more likely to say: "Disneyland don't got enough? Thats not our problem"
Has there ever been a deal in world football that's seen £90+ paid upfront and in one go? Or anything above three figures?

I don't think there has.

theklr

I don't think thats an option for Dortmund. Every cent now, or leave it. Its not like Watzke will say: "Ah poor United, ok we help you with your money problems". He is more likely to say: "Disneyland doesn't got enough? Thats not our problem"
Agree, but it would be ludicrous of them to demand absolutely everyting at once.

80 mill up front has been rumoured a few places, guess that is more likely.

Adam-Utd

Has there ever been a deal in world football that's seen £90+ paid upfront and in one go? Or anything above three figures?

I don't think there has.
We paid Maguire's 75m upfront and Ronaldo got paid 80m to us.

Neymar/Mbappe/Coutinho etc were all structured.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Chelsea haven't spent any money for 2 years because of the ban. They also got 100m for Hazard in that time frame and another 45m for Morata.

You can't compare their spending to ours this summer mate. They will be the biggest movers for the reasons listed above. You got to remember we have bought Maguire, AWB, James n Bruno whilst they have bought nobody.
We also sold Lukaku for 75m, and will likely sell others, like Smalling at the very least, taking our own transfer incomings up to around 100m. It isn’t only Chelsea’s incomings that count.

pascell

When Ogden said our transfer budget was limited to a net spend of £100 million he was getting slated by our supporters but he was right. I would take his opinion on things very seriously and hope he’s right with Sancho and Bellingham.
£100m net spend is actually very high. Especially given we're likely to sell Smalling, Rojo, Sanchez (hopefully) and we also have another installment on the Lukaku transfer incoming. Lingard and Pereira may be sold too depending on who we sign.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
We paid Maguire's 75m upfront and Ronaldo got paid 80m to us.

Neymar/Mbappe/Coutinho etc were all structured.
Neymar to PSG wasn’t structured, it was a release clause paid straight by the state of Qatar to terminate his contract. Barcelona were not willing sellers, and didn’t sit down to work out a payment plan.

Adam-Utd

Neymar to PSG wasn’t structured, it was a release clause paid straight by the state of Qatar to terminate his contract. Barcelona were not willing sellers, and didn’t sit down to work out a payment plan.
Not sure on the way it works but do release clauses HAVE to be paid upfront?

Anyway obviously PSG are a little different than the norm.

Status
Not open for further replies.