Jadon Sancho| Staying at Dortmund for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Freeney

Supports
Djibouti FC
100 Mill is absolute madness for a player with a couple of good seasons under his belt in the bundesliga ( The defending in the Bundesliga is pretty bad).

There’s better business to do If you have a decent scouting network and smart executives.
I rather spend 47 million euros on Ziyech than 90-100 Mill on Sancho.

Last edited:

RedDevilRoshi

Certainly doesn’t look like we need to convince Jadon to join. Just the fee needs to be agreed with BVB and once that’s done, he’s basically ours.

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
We've got to get him this window, or it doesn't happen.

It's insane how we've ended up in a situation where no overseas rivals can afford to splash out on the likes of Sancho, whilst also unable to shift talent to makes funds available.

romufc

We've got to get him this window, or it doesn't happen.

It's insane how we've ended up in a situation where no overseas rivals can afford to splash out on the likes of Sancho, whilst also unable to shift talent to makes funds available.
Teams have their priority signings. The likes of Juve have deferred player wages for months so, it would look bad if they go and spend £100m on a player and pay 220k wages

Real Madrid spent alot last summer and have a long term target in Mbappe.

Barcelona have money issues and will probably need to sell before they can buy anyone.

romufc

Sure thing, imo even if the window is not open until Oct.

Both sides will play hard balls, probably to the last days of the window I think.
That will be so annoying. Considering our season will start in mid september.

Dormund are out of the CL, Bundesliga finishes in 2 weeks. So they will have another 2 month break.

It would be good to see us have signings ready to come to us for August and train with the team in readiness for the new season.

NJM78

Dormund are out of the CL, Bundesliga finishes in 2 weeks. So they will have another 2 month break.

It would be good to see us have signings ready to come to us for August and train with the team in readiness for the new season.
Can't see us getting a major deal done that early, if and for me it's a huge if, we do actually get Sancho I see it going right to the wire and then him not being match fit to start etc...

I hate transfer windows with a passion.

romufc

Can't see us getting a major deal done that early, if and for me it's a huge if, we do actually get Sancho I see it going right to the wire and then him not being match fit to start etc...

I hate transfer windows with a passion.
Quite annoying, considering that we could start negotiating at the end of this month, 1 months of negotiations and have something in place by Agust.

If we do manage to get the deal done in October, better late than never but would take 3/4 weeks to integrate him.

theklr

Quite annoying, considering that we could start negotiating at the end of this month, 1 months of negotiations and have something in place by Agust.

If we do manage to get the deal done in October, better late than never but would take 3/4 weeks to integrate him.
Remember Ole was openly annoyed (and thats not his usual trait at all) with how long the transfer of Maguire took last summer. Really really hope Ed & Matt took it to heart. Its a world of difference for our next season getting him in late July/August

Adnan

Talent Spotter
First it was that Sancho won't choose us over our rivals and posters like myself were living in dream land.

Second it was that we couldn't pay the fee required due to covid 19 and us not having that sort of money which contradicts many journos who have reported that we're in a good position financially to take advantage.

And now people are complaining about us potentially taking too long to complete the signing when the transfer window isn't open and neither the current season completed.

RedDevilRoshi

Why can’t the negatiotions start already. Werner to Chelsea all done...

what is Utds problem???
Probably because Werner’s release clause was due to expire on the 15th June.

But yeah, I’d like us to start negotiations soon so we can have a deal in place before the opening of the transfer window rather than leave it till it’s open and have negotiations drag on into the new season. By that time, we will probably be 3-4 games into the season. Try and get this deal wrapped up before our opening match.

Skåre Willoch

9 games left for us to play in the league, and the muppet meltdown is already starting! :lol:

He'll come. He'll cost a bunch of money and Ed will probably take his time, but Jadon Sancho will be a Red Devil by the start of the 20/21 season.

theklr

what is Utds problem???
They have a problem with the massive agent fees involved. Remeber Hazard?
They recently said they didnt want to pay more than 5% in agent fees. Think that is sorted now though, and next year it will probably be a hardcap on it anyway from Fifa/Uefa

macheda14

what is Utds problem???
Because maybe Dortmund didn’t want to start them till the season is finished. Or maybe United wanted to wait and see how Covid would really affect our finances, or maybe this, or maybe that... it could be a number of explainable things.

cyberman

what is Utds problem???
We dont know whats tied up. Who here knew that VDB was 100 percent Madrid bound before Covid hit? Everybody running the Pogba story certainly didnt..

Strelok

Yeah but it's all about money isn't it. We either pay what Dortmund want or the negotiation gonna take really long I think.

Really hope that Dortmund would understand their position and come up with a more reasonable package. If the current reports are true, imo no way Ed would agree to pay what they're asking now.

romufc

Yeah but it's all about money isn't it. We either pay what Dortmund want or the negotiation gonna take really long I think.

Really hope that Dortmund would understand their position and come up with a more reasonable package. If the current reports are true, imo no way Ed would agree to pay what they're asking now.
Yep, I feel it will be negotiations for a while if we do go in for him.

It is annoying because Dortmund know he wants to leave, no one else looks to be interested. Tbh, however badly we want him, would we blame Ed for not paying the asking price? I wouldn't.

Even if we are in a good financial situation, the market isn't therefore; we should not be paying the asking price as is now.

macheda14

If that is the case, we will be waiting until next season when the true cost is revealed.
Well not really, now you can cost for lost revenue and have a much more educated understanding about the consequences of a second wave.

Strelok

Yep, I feel it will be negotiations for a while if we do go in for him.

It is annoying because Dortmund know he wants to leave, no one else looks to be interested. Tbh, however badly we want him, would we blame Ed for not paying the asking price? I wouldn't.

Even if we are in a good financial situation, the market isn't therefore; we should not be paying the asking price as is now.
Yeah, both sides are just doing what's best for them. It's annoying however there's none to blame here imo. We fans meanwhile can only wait and hope for the best I think.

romufc

Well not really, now you can cost for lost revenue and have a much more educated understanding about the consequences of a second wave.
So negotiations could start ? Ofcourse a player like Sancho would mean painful negotiations, if we are indeed in for him.

I was the same, annoyed why we cannot start negotiations. However; having had reflected, I rather us get the player we want e.g Maguire, Bruno etc than panic buying and getting say someone like Pepe.

Although, I still feel we could act quicker.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
And we all know how "quick" United`s negotate deals like this.
We negotiated our deal with SCP for Bruno pretty efficiently in comparison to how Chelsea did with Ziyech at a similar time frame.

And as far as negotiating for Sancho is concerned. I couldn't care less if it goes to the last hour of the window as long as we sign him. I've been waiting for a top class right sided attacker for a number years now so I don't mind if it goes to the wire.

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
Seen a deal structured like this mentioned by someone a few days ago, perhaps they know something
Most sensible posters have been consistently saying any deal structure would be similar to the Dembele deal. A sub £100m upfront fee with add ons.

AlexUTD

We negotiated our deal with SCP for Bruno pretty efficiently in comparison to how Chelsea did with Ziyech at a similar time frame.

And as far as negotiating for Sancho is concerned. I couldn't care less if it goes to the last hour of the window as long as we sign him. I've been waiting for a top class right sided attacker for a number years now so I don't mind if it goes to the wire.
Fair enough mate. I just feel that in general United use way too long to negotate transfers to my muppet liking. I really want Sancho or the RW we end up getting to get time to integrate with the team.

theklr

So negotiations could start ? Ofcourse a player like Sancho would mean painful negotiations, if we are indeed in for him.

I was the same, annoyed why we cannot start negotiations. However; having had reflected, I rather us get the player we want e.g Maguire, Bruno etc than panic buying and getting say someone like Pepe.

Although, I still feel we could act quicker.
Pretty sure we are already in negotiations with Dortmund, or else these tidbits of information about structure, price, Jadon beiing positive etc. wouldnt come out

romufc

Pretty sure we are already in negotiations with Dortmund, or else these tidbits of information about structure, price, Jadon beiing positive etc. wouldnt come out
I hope we are, that means we would be able to strike a deal. I am sure BVB will play hard to get, Ed will threaten to walk away. Then there will be media links that another club are in for him. The usual things that come along with these negotioations.

We arent Real or Barca where the player will force a move out.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Fair enough mate. I just feel that in general United use way too long to negotate transfers to my muppet liking. I really want Sancho or the RW we end up getting to get time to integrate with the team.
That's understandable mate. I want him signed asap too. And who knows we might get it sorted early if our other dealings with BVB (Kagawa, Mkhi) are anything to go by. BVB will want things concluded quickly too so they could plan for the new season.

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout

I’d agree with this too.

If we end up signing him I don’t think many will care when it happened.

I understand the frustration but the season isn’t over he’s not going to do a Werner as he doesn’t have a release clause so if we get a potentially world class right winger I don’t care when we get him.

Status
Not open for further replies.