Jadon Sancho| Staying at Dortmund for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Strelok

I see we’re being linked to a free transfer for Willian. Probably bs or a stop gap before signing Sancho next summer?
I don't watch him much but imo he's a good player. However I have some friends who support Chelsea and their exact words were "someone please break both his legs". They even gave him a nickname which would be literally translated to "the Lord of Cluelessness".

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
Hahaha to be frank I also heard about it but wasn’t sure if they seized the assets.

@Adam-Utd sounded so convincing though so I thought the seizure had gone through :lol:

My bad!
Haha no worries :lol: always helps to fact check people’s arguments on here I find.
This post means we're now on the right track imo. The level of bitterness in this reminds me well of the good old days under SAF.
To be fair to the poster who criticised the post he was right. It was made up information that was “misinterpreted”.

I agree though it’s lovely to see rivals angry again we’ve had too much pity and laughter recently!

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
I see we’re being linked to a free transfer for Willian. Probably bs or a stop gap before signing Sancho next summer?
If we can’t afford Sancho then it makes sense to get someone good at RW with experience. We don’t have a dedicated RW so Willian while not ideal is understandable.

Would be the most disappointing come down from the Sancho hype train.

kirk buttercup

William being linked is essentially " hey Dortmund there are other players out there for free ", but really we will sign Sancho .

gajender

Willian is leaving Chelsea because he is looking for 3year contract ,don't think United would be interested in offering that kind of deal just paper talk I am assuming.

GoldanoGraham

Willian is leaving Chelsea because he is looking for 3year contract ,don't think United would be interested in offering that kind of deal just paper talk I am assuming.
He wants to stay in London, he will join up with Jose at Spurs - thankfully these kind of signings are in the past for us - this is very much a Jose type of signing though.....we've been well and truly burnt by Sanchez to ever fall down this well again......

Jaxa

Regardless of what the Dortmund big wigs say they know Jadon wants out and he obviously has his heart set on a move, similar to the Dembele situation, Dortmund won’t go down without a financial fight but I’m sure they will get there payday and I am sure we will get Sancho

jlecesne

What's with all of the chatter from Pep and Dortmund saying Sancho is "difficult"?

Is he a diva?

Last edited:

kirk buttercup

What's with all of the chatter from Pep and Dortmund saying he is "difficult"?

Is he a diva?
From what I gather he doesn't fall in line all the time . He is late for training, or gets haircuts when he is not supposed to silly stuff like this . I'm sure he will annoy people on here for the way he behaves off the pitch, he can be a bit like JLingz from what I have seen ( but arent most guys that age ) . If you can look past that you see someone who is absolutely perfect for the position we need to fill most . I'm sure he will mature he is only a young guy with the world at his feet. But He is one hell of a footballer

jlecesne

From what I gather he doesn't fall in line all the time . He is late for training, or gets haircuts when he is not supposed to silly stuff like this . I'm sure he will annoy people on here for the way he behaves off the pitch, he can be a bit like JLingz from what I have seen ( but arent most guys that age ) . If you can look past that you see someone who is absolutely perfect for the position we need to fill most . I'm sure he will mature he is only a young guy with the world at his feet. But He is one hell of a footballer
Do we really want to splash £100 million for someone who has trouble being a professional?

I know he is a special talent but if he isn't going to be a true professional and team player then Ole is going to have no patience for him (i.e. Sanchez) and we will just end up selling him after one or two disappointing season for a cut rate price?

Bondi77

He wants to stay in London so I reckon it could be a 2 year deal with Jose.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Do we really want to splash £100 million for someone who has trouble being a professional?

I know he is a special talent but if he isn't going to be a true professional and team player then Ole is going to have no patience for him (i.e. Sanchez) and we will just end up selling him after one or two disappointing season for a cut rate price?
You mean like what's happening with Dembele? It's possible, but it's always the gamble you take with young players. I would take that gamble with Sancho, especially because the expectations will be much higher and I could see him responding well to that pressure.

edcunited1878

He's not an issue professionally. He's been late for training okay, he's a teenager in a foreign country. His haircut wasn't illegal as technically the barber wasn't wearing a mask and the same issue happened to his teammates where the person giving them a haircut wasn't wearing a mask...you don't hear them having their professionalism questioned, do you?

Any transfer is a gamble, but you can't fault United for going after this one as it's ace perfect. Whether it actually works out is a different issue, but it's worth the risk.

You could have England's starting forward line or a combination of forward players plus 3 of the back 5 for years to come....Rashford, Greenwood, Sancho and Maguire, AWB, and Henderson in goal.

Strelok

I agree though it’s lovely to see rivals angry again we’ve had too much pity and laughter recently!
Yeah I have a group of friends who support different teams. We usually hang out watching football and drink. They used to take a dig at us anytime they got a chance in SAF time. However I knew that deep down they hated, feared but envied and respected us.

Then came Moyes and LVG, they were just mocking and laughing aloud. Then Mourinho and for the last two years it has become sympathy, they even tried to comfort me. Horrible time. How low we've fallen really.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
If Dortmund insist on their 120m price tag then we won't get him.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United

If United were only interested in signing boy scouts then we would have missed upon talent such as Cantona, Ince, Robson, Yorke, Keane and Co.

Sancho had proved to be quite mature by leaving the comfort of his home and risk everything at Dortmund. Sure he made mistakes as well. However we are talking about a 20 year old here. He's no Balotelli, Gazza or Cassano

I believe that one of United's many problems is down to the fact that we have too many boy scouts. We've got too many 'club ambassadors' in all but name who are just comfortable with us losing matches. That's why someone like Bruno Fernandes whose renowned for smashing lockers after losing a game has become so popular at the club.

Last edited:

Judas

Open to offers
He wants to stay in London so I reckon it could be a 2 year deal with Jose.
:lol: Spurs during the Corona crisis having to be very sensible with money, who really look like a team going through transition, destroying their wage structure and blowing over 100m on Sancho. Honestly, you've made me smile this morning, you're a funny bloke.

Bondi77

:lol: Spurs during the Corona crisis having to be very sensible with money, who really look like a team going through transition, destroying their wage structure and blowing over 100m on Sancho. Honestly, you've made me smile this morning, you're a funny bloke.
I was referring to William, but glad I made you smile.
My bad, I should have made it clearer.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
If Dortmund insist on their 120m price tag then we won't get him.
If we don't qualify for the CL I'd say we won't either. That's another big hit on finances on top of the one we already are facing with covid.

Adidas deal would drop too if we are not in CL so that's a third potential hit.

Hope we get him but I have been sceptical since the start. This pandemic has basically put lots of moves in doubt. I think Pogba would have left too but for covid.

gajender

If United were only interested in signing boy scouts then we would have missed upon talent such as Cantona, Ince, Robson, Yorke, Keane and Co.

Sancho had proved to be quite mature by leaving the comfort of his home and risk everything at Dortmund. Sure he made mistakes as well. However we are talking about a 20 year old here. He's no Balotelli, Gazza or Cassano

I believe that one of United's many problems is down to the fact that we have too many boy scouts. We've got too many 'club ambassadors' in all but name who are just comfortable with us losing matches. That's why someone like Bruno Fernandes whose renowned for smashing lockers after losing a game has become so popular at the club.
United problem post Sir Alex's retirement has been poor recruitment compounded by poor managers nothing to do with Boy scouts lack of quality can't be compensated enough with will to win.

theklr

Pretty sure talks are way underway already, clubs just want to keep it hidden

Last edited:

cyberman

Seems like CL football isnt a factor at all. Which makes sense since next seasons version will be a poor imitation of the real thing

Status
Not open for further replies.