Jadon Sancho| Staying at Dortmund for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

RUCK4444

Kids nowadays, Christ.

Internet at their finger tips and they can't even be arsed to Google Dietmar Hamann :lol: who's probably more famous for scoring the last goal ever at Wembley and being a coke head.

Back in my day we had to wait for Shoot to see what footballers had for dinner the night before.
Yeah I was a bit shocked to see people didn't know Hamann. He was a decent player in fairness. Bit of a pundit nowadays

Rolaholic

How does it make any sense for them to spend 100m+ on another forward while still having the likes of Sterling, Gab Jesus, Aguero, Sane, Silva, KDB and Mahrez on the books??

Feels like there's a new 'front-runner' to challenge us each week this past month. First Chelsea then Liverpool last week and now Citeh.

Next we'll hear of Arsenal interest followed by Newcastle with their Saudi chequebook :lol:

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
What really happened between he and pep
They had a big falling out, Sancho wanted to play and he refused to give him any game time, said he needed to earn it and wait his turn. Sancho said he wanted to leave and wouldn't turn up to training towards the end of his contract.

I'm sure if that was his ONLY option then he'd consider going back, but I can't see it right now.

GledTheRed

Kids nowadays, Christ.

Internet at their finger tips and they can't even be arsed to Google Dietmar Hamann :lol: who's probably more famous for scoring the last goal ever at Wembley and being a coke head.

Back in my day we had to wait for Shoot to see what footballers had for dinner the night before.
Match, Shoot and Teletext. Those were the days.

Bondi77

The old ‘told his friends line’ eh?
Isn’t it a bit early to use that one?
So at the end of the season it will be ‘told his teammates’
Why don’t these muppets get a little bit imaginative and say ‘told a group of ladies in Sainsburys ‘
It is the same old lines every year!

Red Company

Supports
The Peaky Blinders

How does it make any sense for them to spend 100m+ on another forward while still having the likes of Sterling, Gab Jesus, Aguero, Sane, Silva, KDB and Mahrez on the books??

Feels like there's a new 'front-runner' to challenge us each week this past month. First Chelsea then Liverpool last week and now Citeh.

Next we'll hear of Arsenal interest followed by Newcastle with their Saudi chequebook :lol:
The old ‘told his friends line’ eh?
Isn’t it a bit early to use that one?
So at the end of the season it will be ‘told his teammates’
Why don’t these muppets get a little bit imaginative and say ‘told a group of ladies in Sainsburys ‘
It is the same old lines every year!
Guys its Monday, they need a new rival to sell papers this week and maybe a couple more until we don't sign him up. :lol:

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund

Agüero and Jesus are strikers, KdB plays centrally, Silva will probably too, once his namesake is gone and Sane looks like he will leave for Bayern. That would leave them with Sterling and Mahrez for wide players.

Adam-Utd

Agüero and Jesus are strikers, KdB plays centrally, Silva will probably too, once his namesake is gone and Sane looks like he will leave for Bayern. That would leave them with Sterling and Mahrez for wide players.
Foden is supposed to be their central player taking his place you'd expect. Knowing Pep though he will just buy a star replacement.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Foden is supposed to be their central player taking his place you'd expect. Knowing Pep though he will just buy a star replacement.
It's hard to imagine Foden being seen as a starter next season, when he's been playing so little this season. I'm not saying City going for Sancho is particularly likely, but if they wanted to I seems to me like they have a vacancy.

flappyjay

It's hard to imagine Foden being seen as a starter next season, when he's been playing so little this season. I'm not saying City going for Sancho is particularly likely, but if they wanted to I seems to me like they have a vacancy.
Also they will get a good portion of the fee from selling Sane.

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
Foden is capable of playing RW cutting inside like Bernardo Silva.

There’s been mumours of Houssem Aouar moving to City but another poster pointed out to me that could depend on CL football.

Gandalf Greyhame

If in doubt, follow your nose!
Scout
So the reason he didn't move last season is because we didn't have CL footy, but now City with their ban and no assured starting spot is on?

Dortmund should have picked another club to force our hand. This is too transparent.

Red Company

Supports
The Peaky Blinders
So the reason he didn't move last season is because we didn't have CL footy, but now City with their ban and no assured starting spot is on?

Dortmund should have picked another club to force our hand. This is too transparent.
I honestly don't even think its Dortmund starting this rumour.

It's Monday and the papers need to sell papers.

The way the Liverpool rumour got shut down, these papers know they need a new name in the mix.

theklr

Yeah, problem is that there is very few clubs that can actually afford what they want for him now, so Dortmund is abit screwed that way for wanting so much :lol:

If anything this just shows its getting closer.

Dave Smith

Supports
Anything anti-Dipper
Problem with that theory is Sancho has two years left on his contract and Dortmund are definitely not going to allow that to happen as they were seriously burned by Lewandowski years back, right now Dortmund are posturing as they know it’s either sell this summer for a premium or half the price next summer as Sancho isn’t signing a new contract either way.

Kind of sounds like Chelsea fans trying to find a way in their mind of them signing Ziyech, Werner, Havertz AND Sancho so coming up with a theory to suit their own narrative. Reality is Liverpool can’t afford him unless they sell one of Salah or Mane, City don’t want him nor does Sancho want City and Chelsea have other priority positions whilst abroad Real want Mbappe, Barca want a Suarez replacement and Juve don’t even have half the money for Pogba let alone Sancho so we’re realistically the only genuine option this summer.

We’re not the pull we used to be after years of mediocrity but we’re still a big pull that’s heading in the right direction again, have money for big wages, offer a starting and starring role, have two of his best friends (Rashford and Gomes) already, a city he knows well and possible Champions League all next season and it’s clear to all he’s our number one target and really wanted by us.
I agree that the notion seems a little fanciful on the Chelsea fan's side. However, I do think that Dortmund could find themselves burned again. Personally, I see no reason why Sancho would want to move this Summer as he currently has the following in place:

1) An excellent wage
2) Playing in the CL for a big club in a top 3 league
3) If he doesn't agree to move this year he is still likely to be played due to his importance
4) Next year Dortmund have a good chance of the Bundesliga. This scenario is more likely than winning the league at either Utd or Chelsea.

For those reasons, I just cannot see him moving as from every angle he wins by staying put. The caveat is if his relationship is beyond repair with the manager/club but I do not think it is. Sure there may be some tension but I do not think it is at a stage where either party cannot stand the other.

flappyjay

I forgot about the ban. City's transfer business will definitely be uncertain until the ruling comes. I can see a possibility of Sancho accepting a year out of Europe, 2 years is too much.

Strelok

Pretty much bs tbh. It'd be much better if they came up with the story of Barca selling Dembele and would need a replacement. No way City is gonna buy Sancho back.

jamesjimmybyrondean

Is there a possibility of Barcelona swapping Dembele for Sancho maybe plus little cash. They actually don't have an LW in the team and need one

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout

It is reported by Sun and it's in Sky "what the papers say" section, so it's just a nothing rumor.

flappyjay

Is there a possibility of Barcelona swapping Dembele for Sancho maybe plus little cash. They actually don't have an LW in the team and need one
Still have a hard on for Neymar. Also £100m man Griezmann has to be played somewhere and Suarez is available that's where Antoine plays. Also have to move on highly paid flops like coutinho and Dembele.

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
I can't see City letting him go for less than £60m, so yeah that price rage could be right. Probably with add ons that might make it 70-75.
I’m not sure how high Bayern will go. Most of their record transfers have been in the £30-40m mark the exception being Lucas Hernandez for £72m.

To my knowledge (and someone correct me if I’m wrong please) they don’t tend to operate much in add on deals like United do as much so do we think they’d make him a potential record signing?

I’d say that’s highly unlikely. Barcelona have players coming through and I suspect there focus will be on a Suarez successor over RW at this time

Rolaholic

I’m not sure how high Bayern will go. Most of their record transfers have been in the £30-40m mark the exception being Lucas Hernandez for £72m.

To my knowledge (and someone correct me if I’m wrong please) they don’t tend to operate much in add on deals like United do as much so do we think they’d make him a potential record signing?

I’d say that’s highly unlikely. Barcelona have players coming through and I suspect there focus will be on a Suarez successor over RW at this time
This, they're having financial trouble at the moment as well so I can't see them making another 100m+ signing anytime soon and if they did, it would likely be towards a Suarez replacement as you mentioned (Lautaro Martinez seems to be their big target when feasible)

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Kids nowadays, Christ.

He’s probably got 6 figure bet on Sancho too.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Nice story, yeah it was Rio at the end of year party, celebrating winning the double (CL and PL) spent the night pecking SAF's head about who they were bringing in next season to compete again.
Haha cheers mate.

MDFC Manager

City, even with their unlimited funds, seem to have an unwritten policy to not spend big on a single player.

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
City, even with their unlimited funds, seem to have an unwritten policy to not spend big on a single player.
They’ve paid big for players it’s just their early investments in Aguero & Silva etc have paid dividends and they haven’t needed to be in the race for some big signings.

They’re quite comfortable spending 60M for Mangala or 50m for Walker etc. Why pay 90M for Pogba when they’ve already got De Bruyne and Silva? I don’t think paying for Sancho would be a problem if they’re sure he’s the right man.

ZolaWasMagic

Supports
Chelsea
Match, Shoot and Teletext. Those were the days.
Yes indeed! page 302 i think, or may have been 140 that rings a bell; and wait for all the numbers to calculate until it hit that page. Then the main headline written in huge white letters. I remember another screen where it'd list certain clubs and have a bit of news next to it, and a number you could ring. Clubcall probably.

It would say things like "Italian striker signs!!!" in flashing red writing. And you dare not ring because it was premium rate so you'd be checking every hour or so until it said who he was haha.

Loved the old teletext on match days too. You could watch TV and a have a little rectangle box at bottom of screen which updated every time a goal went in.

GledTheRed

Yes indeed! page 302 i think, or may have been 140 that rings a bell; and wait for all the numbers to calculate until it hit that page. Then the main headline written in huge white letters. I remember another screen where it'd list certain clubs and have a bit of news next to it, and a number you could ring. Clubcall probably.

It would say things like "Italian striker signs!!!" in flashing red writing. And you dare not ring because it was premium rate so you'd be checking every hour or so until it said who he was haha.

Loved the old teletext on match days too. You could watch TV and a have a little rectangle box at bottom of screen which updated every time a goal went in.
Yeah was 302 on the BBC i believe. I miss listening to the football on the radio too when hardly anyone had Sky as a kid.

Wqs going nuts when Steve Bruce scored two against Wednesday then counted down the hours till MOTD was on.

Adnan

Talent Spotter

I think a offer will be made once the German league comes to a conclusion.

Adam-Utd

I think a offer will be made once the German league comes to a conclusion.
It's not like we need to anyway, window isn't open and would be disrespectful to the player and club.

We've clearly got the all clear from his Agent which is the important thing. The deal will come once the season is ended as you say, just papers filling headlines.

Status
Not open for further replies.