Jadon Sancho| Staying at Dortmund for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
Bah, I guess we'll probably not get much flight-tracking nonsense posted here this summer. The muppets might even enjoy their vacation for once.

Mr Smith

But its the same recycled point. What if he has already waited that year and is sick of waiting? What happens next year and we are told he might as well wait until he can go on a free? He'll have his choice of clubs then..
Thats 3 years on from being told just wait 12 months
Again, you're thinking like a fan and not like the player. He might not have even wanted to leave last year; it's not like he's at a dead end club in Dortmund. Theyve been close to winning the league the last 2 years there. Maybe he would be happy to wait another year, maybe he wants to win something before he leaves. Or maybe he's desperate to get out. WE just don't know.

Womp

idiot
I don't think we can afford to wait another year. We are shite at breaking down teams who don't give us a million acres of space to run into, we have very few players who can make space when pressed/congested. If Dortmund are refusing to accept the current climate hence refusing to budge on their valuation, look elsewhere. That position is just far too weak. If it's not addressed and we have another stop-start season, I doubt Ole will still be in the job.

Bwuk

90m is a lot of £££ but if we paid 80m for Maguire then Sancho is worth 90.

DoneDaDa

Supports
Toronto FC
I believe Haaland would be a better catch for United then Sancho. Martial, Rashford, James, Pogba and Bruno are good enough for the time being what you need a lethal finisher more then anything, adding more creative and pace is going to do much.

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
Sancho is worth £90M in the current market, we are talking about a brilliant young attacker.

He's 20 years old, you get a lot of mileage out of him, he's a potential world class player.

Getting a a player like Sancho and one or two others, I think there would be praise for recruitment in recent years

jamesjimmybyrondean

I recall people saying Sancho would cost 130 - 150m pre corona with Dembele's £135m sale always being brought up in comparison. £90m seems like the right price in this current market

lysglimt

Scout
There is no such thing as a too expensive player. Every single player who turns out to be a success will be worth the Money.

If we want Sancho - we sign Sancho if we can, regardless if he costs £10-15 million more than we would like to spend

We can recoup half that Money from Selling squad-players we dont want (Smalling, Jones, Rojo and Lingard to name 4)

RkkMan

I think the 90m doing rounds is likely a base fee. Suspect he still costs over 100m with add ons being factored but I still expect this deal to happen if we get CL football. Can see City`s ban standing and us getting it via 5th place.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
They benched him last game and played Reyna who looks like they're grooming to take his place long term.

I think they've accepted he's going this summer, they'll just drive a hard bargain to get the most they can.

cyberman

I think the 90m doing rounds is likely a base fee. Suspect he still costs over 100m with add ons being factored but I still expect this deal to happen if we get CL football. Can see City`s ban standing and us getting it via 5th place.
100m euros is 90m odd though

eire-red

I think AWB and Sancho could develop a good relationship, Sancho likes to operate in spaces between the CB and full backs, and will create space for both our attackers and AWB on the overlap.

I know AWB isn't the best going forward, but I think him and James down the right is a terrible combo. Both offer little imagination and occupy the touchline. I feel AWB is much better when paired with Mason or Mata on the right.

Anyway, back on topic, what a signing Sanco will be if we pull it off. I'd imagine he will get the No. 7, and here's hoping we've finally found someone worthy of pulling it on post Ronaldo.

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
I think AWB and Sancho could develop a good relationship, Sancho likes to operate in spaces between the CB and full backs, and will create space for both our attackers and AWB on the overlap.

I know AWB isn't the best going forward, but I think him and James down the right is a terrible combo. Both offer little imagination and occupy the touchline. I feel AWB is much better when paired with Mason or Mata on the right.

Anyway, back on topic, what a signing Sanco will be if we pull it off. I'd imagine he will get the No. 7, and here's hoping we've finally found someone worthy of pulling it on post Ronaldo.
Sancho will reap havoc on the right if that's where he plays, AWB is one of the best one-on-one defenders currently in the league, and if not in the world, there are of course question marks of him going forward with his delivery.

If those two form a partnership though, given them being age 22 and 20 respectively, it's a very good sign for the team.

Also if you think that knowing AWB is a great one-on-one defender it means Sancho can stay forward in some games, and it allows AWB to get forward when the opposition needs stretching too. Hopefully it allows AWB to develop his forward play too.

Not only would the acquisition of Sancho be good for United but it'll also be very good for the english NT

croadyman

I expect this deal to have twists and turns over the next month,much like we saw with the deals last summer but ultimately we will get our man for around £80m with add ons taking it over the £100m mark.

Last edited:

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
How many extra goals do we think he would he give us? We need someone that can score 10-15
Hard to say I’d be surprised by 15 in his first season so don’t think that’s realistic (assuming you mean PL alone) but I think close to 10 would be a really positive start.

Add in 10-15 assists and that would be a massive improvement. PL record for assists is 20 so I don’t think he’ll replicate his BVB form.

So for me rather than targeting goals or assists separately I’d say target a contribution stat so a mix of both.

If he can get close to 20 league contributions I’d be happy enough with his season. Anything more would be a huge bonus.
That's achievable I think.
Easily. Plus he’d provide that many in assists too I reckon
I don’t think 15 goals is easy in the PL unless you meant overall?

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
Hard to say I’d be surprised by 15 in his first season so don’t think that’s realistic (assuming you mean PL alone) but I think close to 10 would be a really positive start.

Add in 10-15 assists and that would be a massive improvement. PL record for assists is 20 so I don’t think he’ll replicate his BVB form.

So for me rather than targeting goals or assists separately I’d say target a contribution stat so a mix of both.

If he can get close to 20 league contributions I’d be happy enough with his season. Anything more would be a huge bonus.

I don’t think 15 goals is easy in the PL unless you meant overall?
I'm guessing it was more over the season. Top PL goalscorer is currently on 19 solely in the league with the next closest at 17. As you say league contributions of around 20 would be a super succesful season. Maybe 30 contributions over the whole season, and I'd be ecstatic.

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
I'm guessing it was more over the season. Top PL goalscorer is currently on 19 solely in the league with the next closest at 17. As you say league contributions of around 20 would be a super succesful season. Maybe 30 contributions over the whole season, and I'd be ecstatic.
Assuming over the season I could see it happening closer to 30 contributions but it would be one heck of a season from him!

croadyman

Saw something tonight that suggests we could announce Sancho in the week after West Ham game. This could be completely wrong but thought may as well share it.

Mylock

Prediction that we'll get Sancho for 65m + add on, and we'll also Grealish for 45m + add on.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Saw something tonight that suggests we could announce Sancho in the week after West Ham game. This could be completely wrong but thought may as well share it.
I'd be surprised given that we will still not have CL football secured and won't know when fans can come back to the ground.

This will rumble on all summer I reckon.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Yeah that 'something' he saw started on a Reddit sub called Muppetiers. You lot can all relax.

kirk buttercup

beginning to think we are going to miss out on all/most of our targets
:lol: why? Season hasn't ended in any of the top leagues and transfer windows haven't opened . We will be linked with a thousand players over the summer and probably sign 2 or 3 who knows . Relax and enjoy the ride .

Status
Not open for further replies.