Jadon Sancho| Staying at Dortmund for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShinjiNinja26

Bates is saying that United want to wipe £400k off the wage bill. But like you say, it will be difficult.
Getting shot of Sanchez would cover most of that alone but getting rids going to be a huge problem for that exact reason. Our wage bill is an absolute mess, the amount of bang average players we have earning £100 grand plus is a joke. Woodward and co have a lot to answer for, their the reason we’re lumbered with all this dross in the first place handing out silly contacts like it’s going out of fashion.

Womp

idiot
Ain't nobody paying 15m for Jones pre-covid, let alone post. :lol: Smalling, Lingard and maybe Andreas the only people on that list I see us getting a decent fee for.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
Ain't nobody paying 15m for Jones pre-covid, let alone post. :lol: Smalling, Lingard and maybe Andreas the only people on that list I see us getting a decent fee for.
Jones? He must be on the wrong end of 30 by now -- certainly the body of one with all his injuries.

We get 15 for him, it would be a miracle.

forevrared

Going to be amazing waiting for this announcement all summer, only to find out after the window shuts we never made a bid.

RazorOz

Bates is saying we're hoping to get £15m for Jones. If we could get that for him we'd have done very well. Maybe we can tempt Moyes?
Yes, I imagine that's the sort of fee we'll be looking at for all of them. Pereira can probably be shifted to a club in Spain, Smalling is probably the best there in terms of an asset and easiest to shift. Lingard and Sanchez the toughest, both on ridiculous wages. Someone like West Ham probably do fit the bill for Lingard as it's a signing that typifies them. Sanchez will end up who knows where, probably on loan to whoever is willing to pay the most of his wages probably.

Effectively this is 5 players who add nothing anyway. 2 of them are already on loan elsewhere. Lingard's minutes would go down even further if we were to sign Sancho which would basically in turn relegate James to reserve status, and Pereira and Jones are offering nothing that couldn't be provided by a youngster anyway.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Yes, I imagine that's the sort of fee we'll be looking at for all of them. Pereira can probably be shifted to a club in Spain, Smalling is probably the best there in terms of an asset and easiest to shift. Lingard and Sanchez the toughest, both on ridiculous wages. Someone like West Ham probably do fit the bill for Lingard as it's a signing that typifies them. Sanchez will end up who knows where, probably on loan to whoever is willing to pay the most of his wages probably.

Effectively this is 5 players who add nothing anyway. 2 of them are already on loan elsewhere. Lingard's minutes would go down even further if we were to sign Sancho which would basically in turn relegate James to reserve status, and Pereira and Jones are offering nothing that couldn't be provided by a youngster anyway.
It should be 6 players because Rojo also needs moving on.

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
Pereira, Smalling and Lingard should be pretty easy to shift.

Jones if he's willing to drop to the bottom end of the prem should get a move, but it'd be on the cheap. No doubt he'd suddenly stay fit constantly as well.

Sanchez is anyone's guess. No chance he stays here next season, unless he's playing the Ozil role.

croadyman

Some folks think Dortmund is Leverkusen and they will accepte lower fee, because they need money.
Borussia is every year in the top 10-12 richest football clubs in the world by Forbes..
They ended this season again in profit, not so much, but 18M is ok when you look at circumstances..
They get rid off Gotze, huuuuge fee release (10M per season), they will also sell a couple of guys, so tell me, why would they agree to lose 30-40M on Sancho? Because of Corona, they are desperate for money or what?
We are talking about Dortmund again, they are a rich club you no? Not so rich like PSG, City or United, but they are a rich club.. They have that "Porto" philosophy of running the club, but dont let this fool you and think they dont have money..
People think here Sancho is the missing key, are you crazy? Unites needs minimum 3-4 WC players in different positions to be old United again..
And you still dont know if Ole is that guy..
Totally agree that we need more than Sancho in order to be competitive at the top end of the league and europe, however if we can get him and either Van Der Beek/Grealish this summer then it's a start. We do need a CB with pace to cover Maguire, DM to let Bruno & Pogba flourish, ST who offers something different to what we have and a LB who offers more than Shaw but we cannot do that in one window.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Totally agree that we need more than Sancho in order to be competitive at the top end of the league and europe, however if we can get him and either Van Der Beek/Grealish this summer then it's a start. We do need a CB with pace to cover Maguire, DM to let Bruno & Pogba flourish, ST who offers something different to what we have and a LB who offers more than Shaw but we cannot do that in one window.
I honestly think just Sancho along with the growth of Rashford and Martial with Pogba and Fernandes is enough to challenge on all fronts. McTominay is becoming a solid player, Fred is solid now, Matic is playing back to his Chelsea level after I thought he was past it (might regress to that). I think the future is looking bright with just Sancho already if we're talking about being competitive.

E-mal

You're prob right, who do you think will be the other one if we do indeed get Sancho?
Honestly I'd go for Thiago Alcantara, he will genuinely take us to elite midfield levels because of his on the ball ability and versatility and negate the need of all these deadwoods. He could play as a Six against defensive teams and as an eight with pogba in a midfield 3 with Matic in big games.
Another option could be Grealish but that would mean getting another defensive midfielder.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Can't see of shifting any of those players apart from Smelling. The rest might be loan deals.

Pav1878

Honestly I'd go for Thiago Alcantara, he will genuinely take us to elite midfield levels because of his on the ball ability and versatility and negate the need of all these deadwoods. He could play as a Six against defensive teams and as an eight with pogba in a midfield 3 with Matic in big games.
Another option could be Grealish but that would mean getting another defensive midfielder.
Thiago is a great shout actually. Worryingly both he and Sancho are also linked with Liverpool.

If we could get those two in and maybe a CB in January we are looking great for a title push over the next couple of years.

Nick.

I just can't see us spending the money to get this guy with the current global financial situation.

LoneStar

Pereira, Smalling and Lingard should be pretty easy to shift.

Jones if he's willing to drop to the bottom end of the prem should get a move, but it'd be on the cheap. No doubt he'd suddenly stay fit constantly as well.

Sanchez is anyone's guess. No chance he stays here next season, unless he's playing the Ozil role.
Yeah hopefully Sanchez leaving and 2/3 of those players being shifted should help balance the wage bill. Also none of those players would be remotely missed.

I had forgotten that Jones was still in the club, looked it up and of course he’s injured. He really should not stay at the club any longer.

croadyman

I just can't see us spending the money to get this guy with the current global financial situation.
You have been listening to Ducker on The Sunday Supplement by the sounds of it. I am still confident we can get this done despite the current financial climate.

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
Yeah hopefully Sanchez leaving and 2/3 of those players being shifted should help balance the wage bill. Also none of those players would be remotely missed.

I had forgotten that Jones was still in the club, looked it up and of course he’s injured. He really should not stay at the club any longer.
Yeah Sanchez is the big one, but also the hardest to shift given he's done nothing in Italy since being there. If he'd performed even to just an acceptable level he'd be easy to shift.

Giggsy13

We should be able to get permanent deals for Smalling, Pereira and Lingard. Smalling and Pereira combined should bring in £25 to £30 million while Lingard will be much less since he only has a year left on his contract. I can imagine a team only offering up £5 million max considering he’s a no. 10 who doesn’t score or provide assists.

I don’t see any team coming in for a permanent deal for Jones or Sanchez with the injury history and wages. We’ll have to agree to loan deals with an option to buy and hope the loaning club will take on a decent chunk of their wages.

DSG

Some folks think Dortmund is Leverkusen and they will accepte lower fee, because they need money.
Borussia is every year in the top 10-12 richest football clubs in the world by Forbes..
They ended this season again in profit, not so much, but 18M is ok when you look at circumstances..
They get rid off Gotze, huuuuge fee release (10M per season), they will also sell a couple of guys, so tell me, why would they agree to lose 30-40M on Sancho? Because of Corona, they are desperate for money or what?
We are talking about Dortmund again, they are a rich club you no? Not so rich like PSG, City or United, but they are a rich club.. They have that "Porto" philosophy of running the club, but dont let this fool you and think they dont have money..
People think here Sancho is the missing key, are you crazy? Unites needs minimum 3-4 WC players in different positions to be old United again..
And you still dont know if Ole is that guy..
They were 13th in last year’s Forbes list. But the gap is huge in shareholder value. Man United was 3.8 billion if memory serves, while Dortmund was 850m. Furthermore, they don’t have much cash on hand, they have big contracts with older players (Witsel, Reus, etc), and their match day revenue is way down. On the other hand, in our last quarter report, we had 300m in cash reserves, plus another 150m draw down mechanism in place.

I do believe that if Dortmund were adamant in keeping Sancho, they easily could. Potentially, they would need to sell some other players. But I think Sancho is ready to move, he wants to be in England to secure his spot in the starting 11 for the Euros next summer. The wishes of the player need to be considered. He and Favre have had their differences as well... Finally, if they wait until next summer, Sancho will only have one year left on his contract, meaning his value diminishes somewhat.

swedishgloryhunter

Ogs was asked yesterday by norwegian tv how big the chance was that united would buy a player from Dortmund. His answer was that his math knowledge isn't his strenght and that there are many good players in many teams.

Deal done and more deals to come i guess

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.
Ogs was asked yesterday by norwegian tv how big the chance was that united would buy a player from Dortmund. His answer was that his math knowledge isn't his strenght and that there are many good players in many teams.

Deal done and more deals to come i guess
If you're talking about these quotes here, https://www.sportsmole.co.uk/footba...o-rule-out-united-move-for-sancho_404162.html. Then it's not a done deal by any stretch of the imagination.

"The three months of lockdown and for how long we'll have to play in front of empty stands, if we'll play in the Champions League next season. There are many things like that which will be factors in terms of what we can do when the season is over.'' sounds like a done deal to you?

Riz

The sooner we get Mike Smelling off our books, the better.
Why? Unlike the others we might actually get a transfer fee for him that’s more than 10m but he’s still a far better option than Jones, Rojo and Bailly in my view. Think the others on that list are far more deserving of the chop.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
i would say under normal circumstances that is too many first team players to let go of in a single window, especially as its going to be a strange market and who knows how the smaller clubs will react. Can anyone genuinely see Lingard getting 100k anywhere else? We will have to subsidise plenty of outgoing wages I would imagine. Sanchez being the main culprit. If I was Ole Id be pissed that Ed is making him pay for contracts and transfers that he had no hand in. I say give Ole what he needs either way and fix your own mistakes in the background. Saying all that I would be happy if the club moved the lads on and gave a fresh start to some new talent on hopefully lower wages, especially for squad players.

rotherham_red

I think Smalling will be gone. Roma really want to keep him. Sanchez, I think the best we can hope for is Covid screwing the transfer market to such an extent that a loan with obligation to buy would be an attractive proposition to the buying club.

I think Andreas would have some admirers on the continent (Holland, in particular, maybe Spain as well). I reckon Lingard would be a good fit at Everton under Ancelotti , as well as in Italy more generally.

If Big Sam goes to Burnley, I'm banking on Jones going there.

Realistically, I think this is what we'll end up with:

Smalling: loan with £12m obligation to buy to Roma
Sanchez: a pretty standard loan, would be delighted if it's permanent or with an obligation to buy, but I can't see it happening
Andreas: c.£15m to somewhere like Ajax or PSV
Lingard: £15m - £20m

Salt Bailly

Auburn, not Ginger.
Why? Unlike the others we might actually get a transfer fee for him that’s more than 10m but he’s still a far better option than Jones, Rojo and Bailly in my view. Think the others on that list are far more deserving of the chop.
Because he's stinking up the place! Who nose why we signed him in the first place. Not that we'll get much of a return on our investment, seeing as we odour club that sold him to us a percentage of any future sell-on fee.

gajender

I think Smalling will be gone. Roma really want to keep him. Sanchez, I think the best we can hope for is Covid screwing the transfer market to such an extent that a loan with obligation to buy would be an attractive proposition to the buying club.

I think Andreas would have some admirers on the continent (Holland, in particular, maybe Spain as well). I reckon Lingard would be a good fit at Everton under Ancelotti , as well as in Italy more generally.

If Big Sam goes to Burnley, I'm banking on Jones going there.

Realistically, I think this is what we'll end up with:

Smalling: loan with £12m obligation to buy to Roma
Sanchez: a pretty standard loan, would be delighted if it's permanent or with an obligation to buy, but I can't see it happening
Andreas: c.£15m to somewhere like Ajax or PSV
Lingard: £15m - £20m
We are struggling to get £15m for Smalling who is far better player than Lingard and Andreas and you think we will get £15m-£20m each for them and describe that as realistic we would be Lucky to get £15m-£20m combined for them.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
It seems like Watzke is hinting at Sancho to put in a transfer request.

Riz

Because he's stinking up the place! Who nose why we signed him in the first place. Not that we'll get much of a return on our investment, seeing as we odour club that sold him to us a percentage of any future sell-on fee.
Smalling’s not even at “the place”, he’s on loan to Roma where by most accounts he’s had a decent first season in Italy hence their interest in signing him permanently. Out of those listed in the original tweet he is by some distance the last we “need” to sell. Would you disagree?

criticalanalysis

Steve 'I'll sign any Utd alumni' Bruce might have a word about that ;)

His track record for buying/loaning our players is off the fecking charts.

Status
Not open for further replies.