Jadon Sancho| Staying at Dortmund for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

beingshe7don

I don't like how we dally (though we have no idea what's happening behind the scenes) with most transfers either, but come the feck on its a 100 mil deal when we're not at our greatest financial strength. I don't like the Glazers or Ed either by the way, but saying 'sick of the Sancho nonsense, let's go sign someone else' is just petulant impatience.
We just saw Liverpool finally win the league for the first time in 30 years. They go in as favorites for the upcoming season. Sancho is not the only player we need to pose any sort of title challenge. We can't afford to spend the entire transfer window pining for Sancho especially when Dortmund do not need to sell.

Tarrou

Solskjaer and Woodward have given mixed messages tbf and Watzke is saying exactly what a selling club would say to maximize their investment.
The comments suggest it's about the price and that we're low-balling them hoping they blink first. I mean this happens with one of our big-name targets almost every summer, sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
I"m done with this Sancho bullshit. Dortmund don't have any money and are looking to do a deal of a similar magnitude as Dembele so that they can invest. I think we should spend 70m on Havertz whose also referred to as a generational talent. I've always thought that a left footed RW would suit us better. Should have gotten Mahrez when we had the chance. Either way, I know Sane is looking to move back to Germany but I would like us to try with a 50m bid for Sane. The guy could be a great fit for us....
You are done with Sancho BS but willing to invest time on a player who is hell bent on moving to the biggest club in Germany that too offering less money to our biggest rival .

Good luck !

croadyman

Just feck it and get Traore. As least he's proven he can do in this country, wouldnt need time to potentially settle etc.

Dortmund can keep twinkling their toes only to get a cut price amount next year, with his contract almost up.
I might be wrong but would fully expect Wolves to be demanding around £80-£85m for him, on the other hand he has definitely improved his final product and decision making this season and would be gutted to see him go to Liverpool or City.

I still see Sancho as our top target in this position but we would be daft not to at least monitor Adama's situation and just see whether or not he would even be open to the move.

beingshe7don

You are done with Sancho BS but willing to invest time on a player who is hell bent on moving to the biggest club in Germany that too offering less money to our biggest rival .

Good luck !
For the Sancho deal to happen,
1. We need to qualify for CL next season
2. Dortmund are expecting 100m which is preposterous to spend on any player in this climate

As for Havertz, he's another generational talent and he could definitely boost our strike force as a SS. Bayern aren't going to sign him since Sane is their first priority. Havertz is looking to leave Leverkusen and even though Bayern may be his first choice, he's fine with other options. Like Werner who was thinking of going to Liverpool only for him to go to Chelsea.

Havertz will cost less than what Sancho.

Thanks for the luck! Wish you the same.

mariachi-19

I may be the devil, but i'm not a monster
It seems like Watzke is hinting at Sancho to put in a transfer request.

I reckon Dortmund will sell him to us at a specific price, but only if he gives up a loyalty bonus.

It wouldnt surprise me if Dortmund attract all these youngsters by offering them a sell on bonus of a sizeable portion provided that they dont put in a transfer request.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
I reckon Dortmund will sell him to us at a specific price, but only if he gives up a loyalty bonus.

It wouldnt surprise me if Dortmund attract all these youngsters by offering them a sell on bonus of a sizeable portion provided that they dont put in a transfer request.
I think the same. I think if he puts in a transfer request he will have to forego a large chunk of money from the transfer fee hence Watzke giving hints.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
For the Sancho deal to happen,
1. We need to qualify for CL next season
2. Dortmund are expecting 100m which is preposterous to spend on any player in this climate

As for Havertz, he's another generational talent and he could definitely boost our strike force as a SS. Bayern aren't going to sign him since Sane is their first priority. Havertz is looking to leave Leverkusen and even though Bayern may be his first choice, he's fine with other options. Like Werner who was thinking of going to Liverpool only for him to go to Chelsea.

Havertz will cost less than what Sancho.

Thanks for the luck! Wish you the same.
Well, didn't know Leverkusen is out biggest rival and Havertz is hell bent on joining the biggest club in Germany . Either you conveniently ignored the key part of your post or you have absolutely no idea how these things work.

SpyLuke10

Smalling’s not even at “the place”, he’s on loan to Roma where by most accounts he’s had a decent first season in Italy hence their interest in signing him permanently. Out of those listed in the original tweet he is by some distance the last we “need” to sell. Would you disagree?
dont bother with that guy. hes clearly a complete moron.

beingshe7don

No corona discount..:(

It's a game of poker between United and Dortmund and it'll come down to who blinks first.

1. United tried haggling with Crystal Palace for AWB and despite us being the only club in for him, we had to pay full premium
2. United tried haggling with Leicester for Maguire and we ended up breaking the record for the most expensive defender in the world

Both of these transfers took the entire summer to figure out.

3. United tried haggling with Sporting for Bruno and we once again ended up paying what they wanted and once again we took the entire winter transfer window to get this deal done.

So yeah, we will have to pay the "United premium" like we usually do.

Womp

idiot
It's a game of poker between United and Dortmund and it'll come down to who blinks first.

1. United tried haggling with Crystal Palace for AWB and despite us being the only club in for him, we had to pay full premium
2. United tried haggling with Leicester for Maguire and we ended up breaking the record for the most expensive defender in the world

3. United tried haggling with Sporting for Bruno and we once again ended up paying what they wanted and once again we took the entire winter transfer window to get this deal done.

Only difference is the circumstances now are very different. It's a lot harder to justify spending such amounts on players.

Bondi77

I thought we got Bruno a bit cheaper than what Sporting originally asked for.
City will get 15% from the sale of Sancho so Dortmund will probably want over 100mil for him and there is no way we will pay that in this climate.
If and it is a massive If that we did manage to get rid of the deadwood and the huge wage earners on our payroll I could see us making a bid but my money is on Mason and James occupying the RW spot next season.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
Pretty sure Crystal Palace were originally trying to get quite a bit more than that. We ended up only paying £45m (with another £5m in add-ons).

No corona discount..:(

Of course he's going to say that.

The reality is that of course there will be a 'corona discount' (before it all went to shit people were talking about £140m), but it won't be as big a discount as some people are hoping for.

Greck

Pretty sure Crystal Palace were originally trying to get quite a bit more than that. We ended up only paying £45m (with another £5m in add-ons).

The reality is that of course there will be a 'corona discount' (before it all went to shit people were talking about £140m), but it won't be as big a discount as some people are hoping for.
I think so too but it won't be this summer. Clubs have already made a high percentage of their revenue for the season so the losses aren't remarkably staggering. Will take many more months of BCD football before they reach the desperation of a corona discount

prateik

I never understand our approach.. there have to be more right wingers out there.. we havent had a right winger in years... get someone in.. If we can get Sancho, great.. If not, dont string this along all summer and end up with nothing again.

And no.. no point paying absurd money for anyone.. Not at the best of times.. certainly not right now.

If that means we miss out on a player, its fine. I dont care.

If our scouts cant find anyone for the position , then we would be better off spending all the money on getting a better scouting system in place..

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt

Top clubs are not selling for a discount because they don't need to sell. Think the quoted figure was €130m. Like what they sold Dembele for. It is what we were always going to pay.

Adisa

I never understand our approach.. there have to be more right wingers out there.. we havent had a right winger in years... get someone in.. If we can get Sancho, great.. If not, dont string this along all summer and end up with nothing again.

And no.. no point paying absurd money for anyone.. Not at the best of times.. certainly not right now.

If our scouts cant find anyone for the position , then we would be better off spending all the money on getting a better scouting system in place..
To be fair, we have been paying at the end of the day. We haven't really missed out on any major target because we refused to pay.
Question now is if we have the money?

Judas

Open to offers
I can't believe the panic, I shouldn't be surprised but I am a bit. Maybe its the calendar saying it's the end of June making people act so totally unreasonable.

Red Foxx

I can't believe the panic, I shouldn't be surprised but I am a bit. Maybe its the calendar saying it's the end of June making people act so totally unreasonable.
Just out of curiosity, what makes you so confident we’ll wrap this up this summer?

danamann

According to le10sport, Liverpool is the favourite to sign Jadon Sancho with Utd and Real Madrid also very interested...

Can only see this happen if they sell either Mane or Salah...

Womp

idiot

I agree. We've done pretty well with our signings of late, it's hard to believe a global name like Sancho is the only RW we can think of.

jamesjimmybyrondean

People saying we are panicking early please understand that we know our club and we know there's no alternative to Sancho and we know they won't react until it's very late. Let us panic

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
I agree. We've done pretty well with our signings of late, it's hard to believe a global name like Sancho is the only RW we can think of.
Which tells me were confident he’s coming, why wait a year and not fix a glaring hole unless there have been assurances?

zenith

I don't for a second believe that we will pay 120 million up front. No way.

It'll be more like 90 +20 (achievable add on) + 10 million (ambitious add on) and if Dortmund want the full 120 then i trust we will walk away.

Paying 120 million would mean emptying out entire cash reserves, plus a good 20 million from credit.

Also, things would depend on how much we can muster from sales. My very very conservative guess would be

Mike 15 million
Lingard 5 million
Andreas 8 million
Jones 5 million
Sanchez 2 million

Total of 35 million.

RkkMan

Problem is any "alternative" to Sancho will be at least 2 levels below him guaranteed and we need top class players to close the gap on City/Liverpool not cheap gambles who are no better than James/Greenwood. Missing out on a talent like that in a window you have a free run to get him will be a very very big failure on Utd`s part.

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
Even if this happens, it won't be for a good while yet so I'm not sure why people are putting themselves through all this drama. You base your opinion on optimism or skepticism but this is all part of negotiations. Last summer, Sancho had three years left and so it would perhaps be impossible, this summer not so. They could make him stay but what would be the price differential between selling this summer and next....it could be a lot of money. To the point clubs might just decide to pick the player up for free in two years so Dortmund can say what they want but greed is greedy.

Riz

I don’t put any stock into such comments like “no discount” or that they won’t reduce their asking price etc. That’s literally the only thing they can say in their situation, they’re hardly going to come out and say “due to the current circumstances we would accept a lower offer than we would have previously” are they.. :lol:

If anything, the quotes that say they’ll discuss a transfer if Sancho tells them he wants to leave and an offer matches their valuation are pretty good news? That shows they’re publicly open to the possibility of him moving this summer providing a fee can be agreed. Whether it can is anyone’s guess.

Hawks2008

As per usual we will pay overs.

Hopefully before long we can buy from a position of strength.

Salt Bailly

Auburn, not Ginger.
Smalling’s not even at “the place”, he’s on loan to Roma where by most accounts he’s had a decent first season in Italy hence their interest in signing him permanently. Out of those listed in the original tweet he is by some distance the last we “need” to sell. Would you disagree?
I fear I must at this point apologise. All of my (clearly deeply unfunny) responses on this subject have been in jest in response to @Adisa 's misspelling of Smalling as "Smelling".

My honest appraisal is that Jones, "Smelling", Rojo and Bailly should all be cut loose.

I think we should bring in a cb wonderkid (no idea who, mind) who can compete with Lindelof and usurp him in a season or two if he doesn't continue to improve; I should add that I like Lindelof and think he'll get better and better with age. Proper competition for him would be good, though.

Matriac

Nobody else is going to buy Sancho right now, and with a bunch of games left in the season where we need to focus to get it over the line into top 4 it would likely be too distracting for our players it we make signings right now who couldn't even play for us currently.

Every player must believe that they have a shot at manager confidence next season if they pull their socks up. Not that they have likely been given up on already.

Chelsea signed Werner cause they had to re his release clause timing. I don't think we will make official bids for players while we still have games to play for. Maybe once we are at EL stage and our season wraps up PL 26th July and hopefully FA Cup final 1st of August.

The only reason to make moves in July is if we get signals from clubs that a deal is likely to be finalized with another club soon, as we are obviously talking to the clubs with players on our radar. For now we will negotiate, but unlikely to officially bid.

Adisa

As per usual we will pay overs.

Hopefully before long we can buy from a position of strength.
Is it or just Dortmund sticking to a valuation? Barca paid top dollar for a player on strike, Chelsea paid nearly 60m for a player with a year left on his contract.

treble_winner

If he joins I will leave the caf permanently for the whole of next season (some probably happy with that) but I’m here to stay because I’m confident he isn’t coming.
Does that work the opposite way too? That means you leaving here would lead to Sancho joining?
Then I hope the mods do what's best for Manchester United. :D

Baneofthegame

1) We got AWB for 10 million less than quoted.

2) Maguire I agree with.

3) We certainly paid less than what Sporting wanted for Bruno.

Status
Not open for further replies.