Jadon Sancho| Staying at Dortmund for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

ricky-romeo

We need the depth. Having Sancho as well as Greenwood, Martial and Rashford must be terrifying to come up against. You'd feel like it was only a matter of time before one of them scored
Add Bruno to that list as well. Imagine having 5 or 6 players on the pitch capable of getting goals for you. We have missed that feeling for years.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Add Bruno to that list as well. Imagine having 5 or 6 players on the pitch capable of getting goals for you. We have missed that feeling for years.
And Pogba! What a feeling it is, I love the optimism at the moment.

Castia

The good thing is Greenwood, Martial, Rashford and Sancho can play anywhere in that front 3 so all will get plenty of game time, sign him up!

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Sancho, Greenwood, Rashford. The chemistry could be something special seeing as they would all be England internationals and club team mates. It could get filthy.

Please, please let this happen.

Acquire Me

We need him. Should not be a discussion tbh. We need quality players to compete with the best teams in England and in Europe.

Terminator

We need quality players like him no doubt. Only way we can compete with the best teams in Europe right now.

Berbasbullet

He must be licking his lips, what a fun side to join! This time last year people might have called him crazy to join United, but now what an exciting prospect for any player.

In Rainbows

We need him. Should not be a discussion tbh. We need quality players to compete with the best teams in England and in Europe.
Especially when you compare what say someone like Real Madrid have

Vinicius
Kubo
Odegaard
Rodrygo

And rumored to be really wanting Mbappe.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Greenwood will hit a dip, he's 18 and this is his first season in the PL as a relative unknown. Of course we need Sancho as well

Fridge chutney

Leroy Sane is a far better player than Marcus Rashford. Sorry but this argument can only exist on a Manchester United forum.
Also Sane has played predominantly as a pure winger, hugging the touchline more often than cutting inside whiles Rashford has been playing as an inside forward or striker. Comparing their goal stats is a bit disingenuous and probably favours Sane rather considering the fact that Rashford was your main penalty taker before Bruno came in and Sane never has been.
But this is football and being out for a whole season is enough time for football fans to forget how good a young player not playing for their favorite team really is.
The irony of a Chelsea supporter with "Mount" and "goat" in the same username whinging about impartiality on a rival forum...

jamesjimmybyrondean

I hope he's been watching us post lockdown. He should be eager to join us now given how good and attacking we've become. Also he should know that the right wing is waiting for him and let's not forget the weekly wages

Tony247

Sancho and Greenwood's positions are mutually exclusive. Both will benefit from each other. Sacho will be able to focus on RW whilst Greenwood will have free roaming license. We will see multiple combinations of Sancho, Rashford, Mason and Martial, giving enough rest to all of them, at the same time not dropping the standard of the team till 90 mins even after substitution.

Same with Bruno, Pogba and new AM (if we get him). There too we will see multiple combinations depending on the opposition, situation. No burning out entire midfield, at the same time keeping the standard even after substituion.

Similar situation with Matic, Fred and McT. Again, standard will be maintained till the final whistle.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Even I'm getting carried away now. Let's go get him. :)

Still a little sceptical how we can afford it given the financial climate though. If we can shift 3 or 4 players just to make it happen this summer rather than next then it's possible. Lingard, Smalling, Sanchez on the chopping block for sure.

Martial Greenwood Rashford n Sancho as four attacking options would be as good as if not better than anything in the PL next season.

Feck it..... I'm joining the muppet train.

Le Red

We will see multiple combinations of Sancho, Rashford, Mason and Martial, giving enough rest to all of them, at the same time not dropping the standard of the team till 90 mins even after substitution.
I can't get over the fact that so many in the Caf don't understand this no matter how many times it's explained.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
You’d have to imagine the form of the thront three will help our bargaining position for him.
When we got Maguire we were pretty desperate, same with Wan Bissaka in a way.
Now though, we can point to the fact that we have a great attack forming already, so we can afford to not appear as desperate for Sancho.
That said hopefully we still get him. :devil:

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
I can't get over the fact that so many in the Caf don't understand this no matter how many times it's explained.
Yeah, the same.
Rash-Martial-Sancho would be first choice. Rashford having bad game or needs rest; Greenwood goes on right, Sancho on left
Martial needs rest or having bad game; Greenwood goes on no9.
Sancho needs rest or having bad game; Greenwood goes on right.
Not to mention injuries.

Season has 60 games. Plenty minutes for 4 players to share.

swedishgloryhunter

Greenwood is young and we need to take it easy with him.

Get Sancho as priority one. Then get a backup for pogba/bruno. Mct can be a joker. Fred as backup for matic and were good for next season.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
We need him even if we get someone like Grealish. Look at City and Chelsea and the attacking options they have. He won’t be getting in Greenwood’s way and we had serious injury problems this season with Martial being out and Rashford the same later. We need adequate backups for the wings if one of them gets injured.

Berbasbullet

Greenwood is young and we need to take it easy with him.

Get Sancho as priority one. Then get a backup for pogba/bruno. Mct can be a joker. Fred as backup for matic and were good for next season.
Exactly, have the front 3 as we expect with Greenwood, ighalo, and James coming in as and and when needed, and maybe Grealish can come in too to add more competition, Bruno and Grealish can play the 10 role. Pogba, matic, Fred, and mctominay as midfielders.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Greenwood will be patchy like a lot of young players. Sancho will make sure that we are stacked up front. Someone gets injured, we have someone who can cover in each of the attacking positions.

Dve

Greenwood playing so well can´t possible be bad for the negotiating of a price for Sancho. The notion that we are desperate for a player, is never good, like Leicester knew we were desperate to sign Maguire.

Mount's Goatieson

Supports
Chelsea
The irony of a Chelsea supporter with "Mount" and "goat" in the same username whinging about impartiality on a rival forum...
Well I don't remember claiming Mason Mount is better than any player I have no businesses claiming he is better than just because he plays for my team.
And about my username....lol! Yes I like Mount and no the Goatieson is not because I think he is the greatest of all time. Its because of the little goatie beard he's grown after the lock down. You happy now?

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
1 injury away from a big drop of quality. Of course we need Sancho ffs.

Martial/Greenwood/Rashford/Martial is a fantastic front 4, or rotate them and 1 have 1 coming off the bench. We can make it happen easily.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
in a perfect world, we sign them both indeed. Would be expensive, but our attack would be sorted for a while both in terms of quality and quantity. Fingers crossed.
IF Villa get relegated they can no longer demand the ridiculous 80m they now want. I say that fee is closer to 40-50m. And with Sancho I know Dortmund are fine financially but he has two years left. This is their last year to demand a solid fee. Next year his fee gets reduced by at least half of what they will want this year. In a normal world that wouldn’t bother them like they ran down the contract with Lewandowski but with Covid I’m sure they will take 70-80m instead of 120m this summer rather than 40-50m next summer with only 12 months left on his contract.

RedDevilRoshi

1 injury away from a big drop of quality. Of course we need Sancho ffs.

Martial/Greenwood/Rashford/Martial is a fantastic front 4, or rotate them and 1 have 1 coming off the bench. We can make it happen easily.
I didn’t know we had two Martial’s. What’s the other one like?

I’m just joking, I knew you meant Sancho

Status
Not open for further replies.