Jadon Sancho| Staying at Dortmund for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
Fab mentioned some time back that signing the contract with united won't be a problem for Sancho which means personals have been done for a while now. Can united strike a deal with Dortmund is the question.
It's all about the price-tag, I think it's pretty much a given that the deal will be done, but it's the other areas of the pitch that are question marks still.

Grealish and Sancho, but there still needs to be a CB to pair with Maguire, and shipping out some players like Sanchez, Smalling, Lingard, Pereira.

Rolaholic

It's all about the price-tag, I think it's pretty much a given that the deal will be done, but it's the other areas of the pitch that are question marks still.

Grealish and Sancho, but there still needs to be a CB to pair with Lindelof
You mean Maguire surely??

ash_86

Grealish and Sancho, but there still needs to be a CB to pair with Maguire, and shipping out some players like Sanchez, Smalling, Lingard, Pereira.

Yup and looks like we have a free shot at Sancho with city rejecting any move on him. This will drag unfortunately.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
I just hope for once we can get this done quicker than usual.

It’s the hope that kills.

Infestissumam

meh, I'm pretty relaxed about it. United and Dortmund have a pretty good relationship I think, there were several deals made over the past years (Kagawa x2, Januzaj, Mkhitaryan) and I think negotiations have always been fair. No flying chairs this time either :D they'll get a deal done.

RedDevilRoshi

meh, I'm pretty relaxed about it. United and Dortmund have a pretty good relationship I think, there were several deals made over the past years (Kagawa x2, Januzaj, Mkhitaryan) and I think negotiations have always been fair. No flying chairs this time either :D they'll get a deal done.
Yep me too. Plus the fact we virtually have a free run at the player.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
If we can't afford to pay 100m and Dortmund unwilling to lower their asking price, maybe we can settle for 80m+20m add-ons instead?

MyBloodIsRed

I agree with others. I'm fairly relaxed. I think the stars are aligning and negotiations will be done. It's all posturing right now by both clubs to drive the price the way they want.

Finally a #7 worthy of it! :drool:

RedDevilRoshi

Dortmund might actually like easily achievable add-ons in the deal because City have a sell-on clause, I believe.
City don’t have a sell-on clause. The only clause they have is that they get notified when a bid is accepted for Sancho and are allowed to match it if they want.

Given Pep’s recent comments about Sancho, you can safely assume that ain’t going to be happening. United virtually have a free run at him.

mu4c_20le

Dortmund would be monumentally stupid to include a sell-on clause, they held almost all the cards at the time

AneRu

The challenge for us is finding buyers for three of the above and a certain Mr Jones. Maybe we could raise £40m from our deadwood but it will still be a tough financial balancing act to get Sancho, Grealish and a CB good enough to displace Lindeloff. Maybe Villa would accept a player plus cash deal for Grealish and they could demand Axel Tuanzebe.

I think for us to fund deals for the players we need we might have to give up some of the more desirable players with value. I don't see us having much use for Tuanzebe and Henderson over the next three years so doesn't it make sense to sell with buyback clauses and get money for players we can actually use now?

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
The challenge for us is finding buyers for three of the above and a certain Mr Jones. Maybe we could raise £40m from our deadwood but it will still be a tough financial balancing act to get Sancho, Grealish and a CB good enough to displace Lindeloff. Maybe Villa would accept a player plus cash deal for Grealish and they could demand Axel Tuanzebe.

I think for us to fund deals for the players we need we might have to give up some of the more desirable players with value. I don't see us having much use for Tuanzebe and Henderson over the next three years so doesn't it make sense to sell with buyback clauses and get money for players we can actually use now?
Villa could definitely get players on loan (young players) to develop which is a win-win for both clubs as part of the deal too so I'm assuming there are plenty of avenues to make it work, but finding suitors for certain players to ship out will definitely be difficult.

TheReligion

Abusive
This is great. If personal terms have been agreed then I don't see the fee being a huge issue at all. A package will be put together and we will land our man.

UnitedFan93

He's obviously a fantastic talent, however, I just hope that he has the right attitude/personality to succeed at United and doesn't get distracted by the fame/money. The fact that City are letting United have a free run in signing him is a bit concerning. Hopefully I'm wrong.

Judas

Open to offers
He's obviously a fantastic talent, however, I just hope that he has the right attitude/personality to succeed at United and doesn't get distracted by the fame/money. The fact that City are letting United have a free run in signing him is a bit concerning. Hopefully I'm wrong.
How are they letting us have a free run? He has no interest in returning to the team who didn't show the faith in him that he clearly deserved.

Andy_Cole

They’re giving us a free run because clearly he fell out with Pep.

UnitedFan93

How are they letting us have a free run? He has no interest in returning to the team who didn't show the faith in him that he clearly deserved.
Honestly I don't know the small details. I read somewhere that City has the right to match any offer that comes in for Sancho, so maybe they are interested, but Sancho turned them down, who knows? It seems like Pep is focusing on other players.

Like I said, I just hope his attitude is spot on, as he's definitely the type of player that we need. The last thing we need is a Neymar type situation.

Irrational.

Sancho would've joined us last summer, until we fecked up CL qualification.

Let's hope we don't make the same mistake this time round.

Barnslig

The same Castles that said last night we were using Bellingham to get Sancho :lol:
And then right after that we heard Bellingham to BVB was a done deal, and now it's coming out we've agreed terms with Sancho? Fits his story though, doesn't it?

Status
Not open for further replies.