Jadon Sancho| Staying at Dortmund for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
If Sancho really wants this move, he ought to put some pressure on Dortmund.

On a side note, having watched Dortmund fair amount of times this season i feel that one important aspect of his game is being overlooked. He spent most of his game time playing ahead of Hakimi, whom is in his own game quite offensively minded. They had a great understanding and had partnership, assisting one another, overlapping etc. AWB is great defensively but his offensive game is sorely lacking.
We do have a very good prospect in Ethan Laird who has the potential be that sort of player at RB.

jderbyshire

Has anybody seen my fleshlight?
We need a Covid/Nandos heat scale for identifying what stage we are at with a transfer.

I like this idea.

With Sancho I'd say we've gone from Medium to Hot with CL qualification.

Grealish has gone from Medium to Lemon & Herb.

Red Company

Supports
The Peaky Blinders
I like this idea.

With Sancho I'd say we've gone from Medium to Hot with CL qualification.

Grealish has gone from Medium to Lemon & Herb.
I think specially after Covid, Villa will want to sell their best asset to reinvest the funds into the team if they want to survive in the PL.

RUCK4444

Is there much weight to these reports today or is it just the press jumping on it just because we qualified for CL yesterday?

RUCK4444

We need a Covid/Nandos heat scale for identifying what stage we are at with a transfer.

This would be a really cool addition to specific transfer threads like this one, like a banner at the top of the page. I know most of us F5 the sh*t out of the page anyway but if you have to step away (or heaven forbid I have to work for a few hours) then it would be cool to check the 'transfer-o-meter' :D

Compton22

Knows that he knows nothing.
Is there much weight to these reports today or is it just the press jumping on it just because we qualified for CL yesterday?
It looks like both BILD and Kicker have both been briefed by Dortmund of a potential offer so most of the leaks have come from that today rather than on United's end. That's indicating to me that Dortmund are expecting a sale and trying to spin it so it looks a very good deal for them.

Fracture90

He's not going to put pressure on employers that have been brilliant for him. He has to be more diplomatic than that and that's his agent's job
Not saying he should start throwing his toys out of the pram, but merely letting Dortmund know that it would be in everyone's best interest for this to be resolved quickly.

We do have a very good prospect in Ethan Laird who has the potential be that sort of player at RB.
I know, just pointing out that a fair amount of credit for his outstanding numbers this season goes to his partnership with Hakimi.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Thanks for the insight. I believe it was the timing last season. Sancho needed another year at BVB and they weren’t going to let him go that soon either. He was key to their push for the BL this year.

Just seen your latest updates on Sancho. That’s a lot of news coming out a day after we secure CL don’t you think?

The report about the €98m bid is news to me! Not sure how accurate it is.

Edit: thanks for the news about Willy! Should get my muppet juices flowing at least 3 years from now :lol:
I think the news about the bid is accurate because transfers from foreign countries are normally broken first by outlets from where the selling club resides in. Herrera, Martial etc were first reported by the Spanish and French media and took our journos by surprise.

I expected Bild and Kicker to be first on this potential transfer and that's how it seems to be panning out.

Last edited:

RUCK4444

It looks like both BILD and Kicker have both been briefed by Dortmund of a potential offer so most of the leaks have come from that today rather than on United's end. That's indicating to me that Dortmund are expecting a sale and trying to spin it so it looks a very good deal for them.
Hmm that's good if BILD and Kicker get briefed by Dortmund. I'm hoping this deal goes from Lemon & Herb to Xtra Hot by this evening. :D

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
And if it is merely £80m he ends up going for, it must surely be with some clauses we'll end up paying that hike that figure way up should we win the CL or PL.

Dortmund have been done over by Covid-19 something serious as that's some way off the figures he was on his way to being 'worth' before incentives even entered the equation.
fecking hell, that was rejected?! I would have hoped we bag him for £80m and £89m just got rejected if that's true. Feck Dortmund, I really hope this doesn't eat into the budget for other areas.
Glad I wrote that before the tweet. Think some of you are wishing on a prayer for the hottest, most coveted asset in the game to be going for a fee that is unrepresentative of the status he has carved out for himself. I think we're looking at around 110m euros, perhaps before incentives. Most certainly a new transfer record for England.

On the world scale, Neymar and Mbappe aside, who is genuinely worth more than Sancho? Age profile is very important in your assessments. De Bruyne, Pogba, Kane and perhaps Mane?

I mean, if there's less than 10 names on the list your propose, it kind of highlights what his worth is on an open market.

One can counter that by saying: if he wants us, it's not an open market issue, but at the same time, Dortmund are not about to get fleeced. I had him at around £120m pre-Covid and with the majority of this season yet to play out. I reckon he'll go for that, all-in now, as opposed to that being the pre-supposed base fee before incentives I had it at earlier in the thread.

What say you? How much is it going to cost us (all in), if the sale goes ahead?

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Not saying he should start throwing his toys out of the pram, but merely letting Dortmund know that it would be in everyone's best interest for this to be resolved quickly.

I know, just pointing out that a fair amount of credit for his outstanding numbers this season goes to his partnership with Hakimi.
His partnership with Hakimi has been discussed in here before and I agree it's a concern, but we do have a potential solution.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Glad I wrote that before the tweet. Think some of you are wishing on a prayer for the hottest, most coveted asset in the game to be going for a fee that is unrepresentative of the status he has carved out for himself. I think we're looking at around 110m euros, perhaps before incentives. Most certainly a new transfer record for England.

On the world scale, Neymar and Mbappe aside, who is genuinely worth more than Sancho? Age profile is very important in your assessments. De Bruyne, Pogba, Kane and perhaps Mane?

I mean, if there's less than 10 names on the list your propose, it kind of highlights what his worth is on an open market.

One can counter that by saying: if he wants us, it's not an open market issue, but at the same time, Dortmund are not about to get fleeced. I had him at around £120m pre-Covid and with the majority of this season yet to play out. I reckon he'll go for that, all-in now, as opposed to that being the pre-supposed base fee before incentives I had it at earlier in the thread.

What say you? How much is it going to cost us (all in), if the sale goes ahead?
But Sancho is entering the final year of his contract and this environment isn't comparable to the normal circumstances Mbappe and Neymar went for. I think these two factors alone are sufficient to shave £15-20m off an asking price that's already standing at a huge sum. Dortmund have been burnt with a likely ballon d'or star leaving for a free before (Lewa). Speaking of him, sad that the awards got scrapped this year because he'd be a shoe in for it.

hungrywing

You can even go one step further:

The deal's actually been done for a few days but Dortmund have to put on the show as you've alluded to (and we asked them to hold off until our season was over). While the unsuspecting public laps up the manufactured drama for a few days, Dortmund are working on the deals for Sancho's replacements while the Sancho money hasn't officially been disclosed. Dortmund get their guy, we get ours, papers get their clicks and ad revenue. Everybody wins.

croadyman

that's why yesterday was so important. Without CL, I'd agree with you ... but now that we have CL locked up, we should be able to invest healthily this summer. And frankly, we have to - just look at what Chelsea are doing. Sancho will cost us a pretty penny, but with the CL in the bag, I'm convinced that we'll still be able to strengthen well in other areas.
Yeah pretty confident that any signings other than him are dependent on selling players first

Red Company

Supports
The Peaky Blinders
I think the news about the bid is accurate because transfers from foreign countries are normally broken first by outlets from where the selling club resides in. Herrera, Martial etc were first reported by the Spanish and French media and took our journos by surprise.

I expected Bild and Kicker to be first on this potential transfer and that's how it seems to be panning out.
Ah okay, fair enough! Cheers mate.

Compton22

Knows that he knows nothing.

The deal's actually been done for a few days but Dortmund have to put on the show as you've alluded to (and we asked them to hold off until our season was over). While the unsuspecting public laps up the manufactured drama for a few days, Dortmund are working on the deals for Sancho's replacements while the Sancho money hasn't officially been disclosed. Dortmund get their guy, we get ours, papers get their clicks and ad revenue. Everybody wins.
I didn't want to go further and set myself up for disappointment but feck it, I'm all in! :lol: :keano:

Just a thought, would Zaha be a viable replacement for Dortmund?

Stretender

Is this the guy who is going to make us win the league? If not, the sums being mentioned are just ridiculous. Our scouts should be able to find cheaper alternatives in South America and across Europe. We need a central defender more than we need Sancho. For the Sancho money being mentioned, I would go and get Koulibaly. I just don't think Sancho will transform the team that much.

GledTheRed

Is this the guy who is going to make us win the league? If not, the sums being mentioned are just ridiculous. Our scouts should be able to find cheaper alternatives in South America and across Europe. We need a central defender more than we need Sancho. For the Sancho money being mentioned, I would go and get Koulibaly. I just don't think Sancho will transform the team that much.
Get out!

Adnan

Talent Spotter
He will be a key cog in us winning the league in the very near future IMO.

Red Company

Supports
The Peaky Blinders

Interesting...

Utdstar01

No we don't at all. We need to sort that RW as a priority. Greenwood will be our future CF and can rotate. We need a CB as well as Sancho but the RW is more of a pressing issue IMO.

Rolaholic

The stories of Dortmund rejecting the first offer are a trademark of just about any high profile sale with them. It’s always been their M.O. to prolong the courtship stage for optics/PR purposes to look like they won't be 'bullied' by other clubs while they work on bringing replacements but everyone knows they're a selling club. It's the same thing with Ajax when selling their best players

pacifictheme

We had as good a defence as city this season but scored nearly 40 less goals. The defence is not the bigger issue.

Squeaky Bumtime

Yeah no.

Red00012

Sancho signing time scale

Utd board are thinking about preparing a bid
Utd are in the early stages of preparing a bid
Utd are preparing a bid
Utd have made a bid
Dortmund reject bid
Woodward is in the process of making a 2nd bid
Woodward has cancelled his holiday to prepare a 2nd bid
Woodward has flown from Australia to somewhere to make a 2nd bid
Dortmund accept bid

DONE DEALIO
TOTAL AGREEMENT

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
His partnership with Hakimi has been discussed in here before and I agree it's a concern, but we do have a potential solution.
Not sure about that. Sancho played a lot of football from the left also and had just as much of an impact, if not more.

Yes Hakimi helped him get space on the right side but AWB is more than capable of doing overlapping runs too.

Utdstar01

Choosing Koulibaly over Sancho right now is bizarre. Opinions are a funny thing.
A 29 year old Koulibaly at that. Any club would be stupid to pay more than 50m for him IMO. No resale value there at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.