Jadon Sancho| Staying at Dortmund for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
I don't recall, but did we ever get a lower price after that report?
Well we certainly didn't pay €80m for him.

We have to negotiate. I swear so many of these numptys here think you pay the price quoted. I'd love to sell them a house.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Hazard was sold 100mil € with 1year left to Real.
Real Madrid hadn't just lost over 100m due to an unplanned for global pandemic. Going to take a long time for football to go back to the state it was. We won't be paying 100m or close for anyone with a year left on their contract. Not in a month of Sundays.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Time for annual video of Woodward negotiating — the silly billy.

mu4c_20le

Maguire deal set a bad precedent...should've told them to feck off at the time. Still feeling the effects of it.

Ellis_G

Real Madrid hadn't just lost over 100m due to an unplanned for global pandemic. Going to take a long time for football to go back to the state it was. We won't be paying 100m or close for anyone with a year left on their contract. Not in a month of Sundays.
It'll be back to where it was in a year....

MetoTTT

Napoli just bought Osimhen for 80mil I didn't see the prices go down post COVID atm.

Rolaholic

Napoli just bought Osimhen for 80mil I didn't see the prices go down post COVID atm.
Leverkusen keep quoting a 90-100m fee for Havertz too in a covid market

Top young talent will always be quoted at premium prices in todays football world, pandemic or not

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Maguire deal set a bad precedent...should've told them to feck off at the time. Still feeling the effects of it.
Such a bad precedent that the next transfer we made, they were demanding close to 70m and we signed him for 48m + bonuses.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.

Yup, 'watch this space' :lol:
We were backed into corner for Maguire deal as we were desperate for a CB and needed to make Champions league this season.

With Sancho we are in far better position.

beingshe7don

Transfer Fee: 120m euros ~ 108m pounds
Base Salary: 250k/ week ~ 13m pounds per year for 5 years -> 65m pounds in total

Total amount that Sancho will cost us is 173m and that does not even account for bonuses.

Ferran Torres cost City 25m or so with some add ons. I think his salary is probably below 200K/ week for sure.

Torres & Sancho are of the same age. Is Sancho 80m better than Torres?

pratyush_utd

Such a bad precedent that the next transfer we made, they were demanding close to 70m and we signed him for 48m + bonuses.
Exactly people just forget about Bruno deal and how we literally bought him for what we wanted to pay.

Okey

So this is basically our transfer modus operandi eh? I know we're trying to get the best deal but the optics are really bad. Ed Woodward is cementing his reputation for just not doing smooth transfers. Help needed...

Falcow

People here ignoring the fact that everything has changed since Covid. Us paying 120M for a player when we have lost 150M in revenue is crazy. No way we should let Dortmund fleece us on this. He's worth 80M max in this market with just two years left on his contract.
Agreed, I'd rather we walk away than pay them 120m. Greedy cnuts. They paid 8m for him. I hope this is a lesson to young players thinking about going to Dortmund. They sign you for peanuts but then treat you like shit when it comes time for you to move onto bigger and better things.

Would be great to see him come to us in two years for nothing.

passing-wind

I think realistically as the deadline is on the 10th it make sense for the negotiators to try and pull off a few briefs to see if the price can be lowered. The only benefit to this foolish way of negotiating is that we seemingly have no rivals to bid for Jadon given the circumstances of the pandemic.

0le

Base Salary: 250k/ week ~ 13m pounds per year for 5 years -> 65m pounds in total

Total amount that Sancho will cost us is 173m and that does not even account for bonuses.
Total posts: 2450:
Number of posts per day: 1.54

That does not even account for edited posts.

pratyush_utd

Put it in this way, he will cost us 34m ( if your figures are correct) per year as transfer fees are amortozied. We just saved 30m by offloading Sanchez. Doesn't look that bad then does it?

Fooza

Love tier 1's putting indy in his place, twitter drama :lol: popcorn.gif

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
60m Euros is what I read and saw. That's just over 50m quid. And he wasn't near end of his deal either was he?

I think Sancho is probably worth about 85m to 90m in this market. Next summer about 50 to 55m unless he signed a new deal beforehand.

Feels like history repeating itself. We have to overpay for everyone. AWB, Maguire were both overpriced. Pogba was too.

AshRK

I think it will be done as ed for all his flaws likes to protect his image. Sancho to United if goes off will raise massive question marks and he wouldn't like that. I hope the club don't drag it fir 2 or 3 weeks. Get this done and move forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.