Jadon Sancho| Staying at Dortmund for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Why not? They can make "gentlemen's agreement" with him. Like we did with De Gea 5 years ago. They can double his wage and say to him that in next 2 years they will sell him for xy fee.
Because he can move back to England now rather than later, play for a bigger club now, and earn better wages now. If he doesn't sign a new deal it weakens Dortmund and they will have to let him go.

croadyman

Certainly makes me think today was not a real deadline and just Dortmund trying to call Utd's bluff. Did think if Utd really believed they were being serious that they would have speeded things up.

Tomuś

Nani is crap, I tell you!
There's been 17 pages at 40 posts per page since I last checked this thread at 21:00 yesterday. :eek:

What are you guys talking about to add that many pages without any news?
Without news? Are you living under a rock these past few days?

Only yesterday Ole was speaking to what looked like a creepy gathering (coaches plus Nemanja Matic) and in front of cameras about the transfer details. 1 day before an important European game you know! Must be legit.

crossy1686

career ending
Why not? They can make "gentlemen's agreement" with him. Like we did with De Gea 5 years ago. They can double his wage and say to him that in next 2 years they will sell him for xy fee.
Because Sancho’s fee only goes down from this point. They will never get this money for him again post COVID, and he doesn’t want to stay there past this coming season.

I’m sure Sancho would rather wait out his contract and get a big fat bump when he joins us instead or running the risk of being stuck there another 5 years

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Problem is a year can change a lot.
Madrid- Hazard/Bale a year older both likely to keep flopping if they offload one they could be in for a winger
Chelsea- Pulisic injury prone CHO inconsistent if those two things persist they could be in for a winger
Barca- With pandemic effects likely to settle they may have the financial muscle to sign a big name player
PSG- With Mbappe set to leave they`ll want a replacement
Heck even Utd may have a bad season and miss out on top 4 and he defo won`t want us with no CL
Can we really run the risk of letting in other teams for his signature if we have a free run this year? Isn`t it better to take that hit now if it guarantees a solid top 3 finish and maybe a trophy than use the same strategy in 2018 of not investing when it matters the most and as a result suffering heavy consequences from it(6th place) which will force you to invest anyway this time from a position of weakness?
Its not my decision. I'm just saying its a possibility.

If Sancho really does want to come back to England, and the powers that be at United are confident in their relationship with the player and his camp, they could try the long game.

TheReligion

Abusive
There’s no way Sancho is signing a new contract at Dortmund. That will see him stuck there for at least another 3 years. He might get a bumper pay rise on his current deal but it would be absolutely stupid of him to sign a new contract if he wants to leave.
And this is why Dortmund are not in the best of situations.

1) He wants to go back to England. That's obvious. He keeps flying home and they have disciplined him for doing so over the past months.

2) Everyone is reporting he's agreed terms with United. It's been done early as the player really wants the move.

3) His contract is running down. He's a peak value here and everyone knows it including Sancho and his agent.

Ultimately Dortmund don't have much left to play here as the deal with the player has been done very early on and I think that's pissed them off as it's reduced their bargaining power. This is why they have invented a deadline so as to put pressure on United. That said when you take what I've said into consideration, along with the fact Dortmund have been very open about letting the player leave, does anyone really believe a deal can't happen after today?

Not a chance. They won't cut off their nose to spite their face.

TheReligion

Abusive
I’m sure they would but they’ve already made it clear they want the sale by setting that deadline. They’d have told us to whistle if they wanted to keep him or they’d rather wait until next summer to encourage a bidding war and get a higher price, which they know they won’t.

Its possible that could happened but I doubt he’d have gone off to join the Dortmund team if the deal was done.
Why not?

Stookie

Nurse bell end
Absolute nonsense. The rumours about the new contact were flagged as rubbish in Germany yesterday.

He wants to go back to England and has agreed terms with United. I think that's pretty obvious to everyone at the moment.
I hope you’re right. I mean, even if United paid top dollar For him it really wouldn’t matter because they did spunk £80M on Harry.

Judas

Open to offers
Actually thinking the most likely thing to happen is Sancho Signing a new deal and dedicating himself to years more at Dortmund when he’s already agreed terms with us is so laughably negative and weird.

TheReligion

Abusive
Don't be silly, Dortmund aren't sacrificing €120m. Between City's cut and whatever bite the player and his agents take they would net much less. And he wouldn't leave for free next summer either, would he?
Selling late means having pressure to sign a replacement from a tiny pool of available players and invalidating a lot of the tactical side of their pre-season. If they are faced with the choice of either keeping Sancho and losing out on say €30m or overpaying on someone they aren't convinced of and messing with their season then they could easily think it's better for them to take the hit.
You have the agenda that you don't want the deal to happen. This is obvious. I have no issue admitting I do want it to happen so will obviously see it differently.

Speaking objectively though it makes zero sense for Dortmund to make up a deadline then refuse to do business. I think this is pretty obvious.

Svartzonker

Last Man Standing 2 champion 2022/23
This is super boring, but imagine if Ed fecks this up. The meltdown here would be apocalyptic.

RkkMan

Don't be silly, Dortmund aren't sacrificing €120m. Between City's cut and whatever bite the player and his agents take they would net much less. And he wouldn't leave for free next summer either, would he?
Selling late means having pressure to sign a replacement from a tiny pool of available players and invalidating a lot of the tactical side of their pre-season. If they are faced with the choice of either keeping Sancho and losing out on say €30m or overpaying on someone they aren't convinced of and messing with their season then they could easily think it's better for them to take the hit.
Those factors you`ve mentioned will still be there when he`s sold next season they won`t go away. Difference is the fee they get this year can cover for those expenses as well as having enough left in the tank to add to their own money. Him being cheaper next year means they pocket less money for their own and using more on these expenses which are City`s sell on clause and agent fees. There is absolutely no benefit of BVB selling him next year unless Sancho has a Messi esque season in Germany, the CL and the Euros which will give them the power to sell him like Chelsea did with Hazard

crossy1686

career ending
Wouldn’t imagine it would be good for the squad to have him around and taking part in training. You can’t leave him out because people will know something is going on and you can’t train with him as if he’s going to play and start because that’s disrupting your preparation for the season.

No ones going to send you important work to do if you’re working out your notice. It’s just best for everyone if they’d have sent him off on an extended holiday or something if this was done.

TheReligion

Abusive
Wouldn’t imagine it would be good for the squad to have him around and taking part in training. You can’t leave him out because people will know something is going on and you can’t train with him as if he’s going to play and start because that’s disrupting your preparation for the season.

No ones going to send you important work to do if you’re working out your notice. It’s just best for everyone if they’d have sent him off on an extended holiday or something if this was done.
It's happened before and even happened with Lukaku the other year.

It's no big deal IMO.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Some analysis this.
Analysis
BBC Sport's Simon Stone

Dortmund and Manchester United have reached an impasse over the fee.

The German club want about £100m for the player, including a large up-front payment. But United think that does not take into account the financial impact of the coronavirus pandemic.

The Old Trafford club, who meet FC Copenhagen in the Europa League quarter-finals in Cologne on Monday, have threatened to look at alternatives.

There has also been a suggestion Dortmund will offer Sancho a new contract.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
And this is why Dortmund are not in the best of situations.

1) He wants to go back to England. That's obvious. He keeps flying home and they have disciplined him for doing so over the past months.

2) Everyone is reporting he's agreed terms with United. It's been done early as the player really wants the move.

3) His contract is running down. He's a peak value here and everyone knows it including Sancho and his agent.

Ultimately Dortmund don't have much left to play here as the deal with the player has been done very early on and I think that's pissed them off as it's reduced their bargaining power. This is why they have invented a deadline so as to put pressure on United. That said when you take what I've said into consideration, along with the fact Dortmund have been very open about letting the player leave, does anyone really believe a deal can't happen after today?

Not a chance. They won't cut off their nose to spite their face.
Great post and I do agree, my little nagging worry is that they have shown to be stubborn in the past, for example they turned down cash from Bayern for Lewandowski because they said they wouldn’t sell him and let him go for free. So if they publicly say he stays then I am worried (unless they say ‘he stays unless x y z).

I do think you’re right though.

Rolaholic

Actually thinking the most likely thing to happen is Sancho Signing a new deal and dedicating himself to years more at Dortmund when he’s already agreed terms with us is so laughably negative and weird.
I think it's a non-starter that he resigns anything with them when it was reported in Germany that he rejected an extension earlier this year that would've given him the pay bump that's been reported in recent days if he stays with the next season.

Add to the fact that his camp has been telling journo's they have their sights set on going back home to England sooner rather than later for months now and I believe he doesn't see his future in Germany at all. Whether it's this summer or the next, he'll be in the Premier League at some point. I just hope for all our sake it is indeed with us and not a rival...

Dudu

What I don't get is why BVB seem so set on his price, when they let an equally big talent in Pulisic go to Chelsea for relative peanuts/ less than half price without any resistance.
You forgot to add on the Manchester United Tax and the English Player Tax.

Red Company

Supports
The Peaky Blinders
You must also consider both United and Dortmund will want to look at other targets so announcing a big deal like this early in the window and before any other deals are in place is counterproductive to both clubs.

In United's case teams know we've spent big so price us out and in Dortmund's case teams know that are loaded so charge them more. It also gives both of our rivals an advantage in that regard. It's quite conceivable, given what the reliable sources have said, it's all agreed and it's just a matter of timing with both sides happy to keep quiet and even pretend nothing is going on until late in the window.
Great point. Specially post pandemic where the clubs will be trying to save as much money as possible. And if both clubs are able to help each other save then so be it.
Yes, the notion that everything is agreed but we're just allowing Dortmund to sign replacements without anyone understanding why because then Dortmund might get fleeced :lol: Every fecking club in Europe is well aware of Sancho's potential exit from Dortmund. It's real life, it's not like they'll go "Ah, this potential signing has nothing to do with a potential sale of Sancho so we'll give you a special discount"
Referring to the bolded part; sure you’re right and clubs will take advantage of knowing BVB have money from the Sancho sale but in ‘real life’, it’s not so much about getting a special discount. It’s more about BVB being on the weaker foot in negotiations for Sancho’s replacement once his departure is officially confirmed. They could choose to walk away or pick a different replacement but if Sancho’s departure is confirmed, they will not entirely be able to walk away and clubs will know that.

crossy1686

career ending
Lille sold a one season wonder winger for 80 mil to Napoli two weeks ago mate.
Which was most likely a pre agreed deal for a player Napoli have been tracking for a while. There’s no way they’d have paid that in the current market if that was a fresh approach. They’re also probably looking at selling a couple of players.

Also, whatever Napoli decide to spend on a player doesn’t dictate how much cash other teams have or what players are worth in the current market

Rolaholic

Which was most likely a pre agreed deal for a player Napoli have been tracking for a while. There’s no way they’d have paid that in the current market if that was a fresh approach. They’re also probably looking at selling a couple of players.

Also, whatever Napoli decide to spend on a player doesn’t dictate how much cash other teams have or what players are worth in the current market
Most accounts report United have done the same with Sancho and he was reported to be Ole's number 1 target as early as March of last year when he got the job permanently...

crossy1686

career ending
Most accounts report United have done the same with Sancho and he was reported to be Ole's number 1 target as early as March of last year when he got the job permanently...
But we haven’t had a pre agreed deal from before COVID hit but Dortmund are treating it like we have, probably due to our prior interest and tracking

MattofManchester

I'm highly sceptical over what's going on here.

Based on the way journalists are talking, we're looking to be further out than just having him sign on the dotted line. The clubs don't seem to be coming together on anything.

If we don't agree, it makes sense for Dortmund to sign him down to a new deal, holding up his valuation(Palace did the same thing with Wan-Bissaka).

Sancho is also not "dead-on" to join us. I think he's interested in the project and Dortmund are willing to sell for the right price.
If this goes till next season, I can't see us signing him.

Its imperative we sign him. If we don't, I see the alternative being Wilfried Zaha, who not only isn't of the same caliber, but seems like a small club player. We're stupid enough to do some nonsense like that.

diarm

The only thing people know for sure that Ole is saying in that clip is "cash", and that's only because of the gesture he's making with his fingers.

To be honest, he could just as easily be telling a story about a guy he knew who could roll two tiny spliffs at the same time.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
You have the agenda that you don't want the deal to happen. This is obvious. I have no issue admitting I do want it to happen so will obviously see it differently.

Speaking objectively though it makes zero sense for Dortmund to make up a deadline then refuse to do business. I think this is pretty obvious.
Oh come on, is everything about hidden agendas for you? I already stated in this thread that I personally would prefer to get this done this summer. I'm sure you can find that. you're good at going through people's post history.

TheReligion

Abusive
Oh come on, is everything about hidden agendas for you? I already stated in this thread that I personally would prefer to get this done this summer. I'm sure you can find that. you're good at going through people's post history.
Oh stop it. You're always so serious. Lighten up! I think it's obvious non United fans don't want to see us make this deal and it's obvious pro Bundesliga fans don't really want to see the best players leave. Everyone has an agenda. Accept it.

Status
Not open for further replies.