Jadon Sancho| Staying at Dortmund for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

stevoc

Very true, and that's why it's important that we have a good team/group of people who can negotiate a "reasonable" price.

Although, from the many tweets that have been posted in here from those journalists/reporters/those in the know, it appears that United and Dortmund's valuations are not that far away, but the issue seems to be the structure of the payments. E.g. how much Dortmund get up front and how much we're willing to pay for that initial payment. Of course, it's difficult to determine how much of this is true and where exactly we are with negotiations, because we don't really know the ins and outs.

We have money in the pot for this transfer, I'm sure of that, but I'm dubious that we'll then be willing to finance other deals for other positions that we need. We don't have an obvious player on the way out who will generate transfer funds either, or at least not of a truly significant value. There's the likes of Smalling moving on and other squad players who may/will be surplus. If we were to miss out on this transfer, it does mean that the money is there to address other areas, so it won't be the absolute end of the world. But, that's a silver lining, which is a bit different from a clear strategy from the get-go.
From everything i've heard it appears to be just the structure of the deal that the clubs are disagreeing on. While Covid hasn't hit United as badly as other clubs it's still had an effect. I think it's reasonable to assume United probably want to pay only around half up front with the rest in installments and Dortmund probably see this deal as a way to plug the hole left in their finances from the pandemic by getting a huge fee up front.

Which explains all the posturing through the press and from Zorc speaking on it publicly almost on a daily basis.

Dve

We don’t need Haaland. Martial is much better and still only 24. Greenwood has the same killer finishing and is 18.

What we need is Jadon Sancho.
We need Haaland the moment Martial is out injured. Have we learnt nothing from last season.

vanderpants

The talk and tweets about Sancho agreeing terms means absolutely nothing, until we put a realistic bid in and Dortmund are happy with it , the media and Twitter itk have nothing to go on and post recycled crap for likes.

Red00012

The talk and tweets about Sancho agreeing terms means absolutely nothing, until we put a realistic bid in and Dortmund are happy with it , the media and Twitter itk have nothing to go on and post recycled crap for likes.
And the fact that the chances of Utd and Sancho not coming to an agreement over a contract is slim to none

TsuWave

why are Pogba tweets in this thread? As such a high profile transfer ever been announced by a player from the interested club?

el3mel

I just hope we're not going to spend another month only negotiating with BVB while ignoring the fact we need other signings beside Sancho...

Last edited:

Red00012

You know it’s a slow day when the Sancho thread gets taken over by we need Haaland for next season

Rolaholic

why are Pogba tweets in this thread? As such a high profile transfer ever been announced by a player from the interested club?
Only thing I can remember is Mkhitaryan unofficially announcing Aubameyang in a cheeky throwaway clip from his introduction video

'Yo Pierre wanna come out here?' :lol:

SAFMUTD

More Sancho progaganda (Sancho-ganda?):

Dortmund are doing all they can to show that they really want to keep Sancho, huh?
its as organic as it gets, what are the chances Can, Witsel, Hummels, Haaland and I dont know if Im missing anybody else happen to go out and say how happy they are Sancho is staying "for at least one year". If I was evil minded I would think its a tactic from the club to put some pressure on us.

bsCallout

Everything seems very quiet on the United briefings doesn't it?

Our usual mouth piece journos aren't saying much, if anything.

Summit

"do the dead, spread your seed and get out"
16 tweets since i last looked an hour ago. Sancho must of signed? Nope fecking fridge chuck is telling us signings from division 100

Fooza

16 tweets since i last looked an hour ago. Sancho must of signed? Nope fecking fridge chuck is telling us signings from division 100
:lol: Here we go! I was wondering why it suddenly jumped up to a crazy amount.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
its as organic as it gets, what are the chances Can, Witsel, Hummels, Haaland and I dont know if Im missing anybody else happen to go out and say how happy they are Sancho is staying "for at least one year". If I was evil minded I would think its a tactic from the club to put some pressure on us.
Delaney as well. Must be a shrewd move to put pressure on United from the Danish market.

Trophy Room

I think Dortmund are taking a calculated risk here. I think they’ll struggle to get more than 120 million for him next year but are probably hoping for more competition and less negotiation.

This is quite clearly dead now this summer for us but it’ll be interesting to see who else we’ll target to improve the squad next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.