Jadon Sancho| Staying at Dortmund for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
He didn't even know Sancho had an extra year bumped on to his deal till yesterday mate. I wouldn't trust him or anyone for that matter. They are using educated guesses and being deliberately vague.
And why would he know that?

1. If his agent says there is an agreement, his agent isn't going to tell him irrelevant information like his current contract is till x date
2. If United did not have an agreement with the player, the club wouldn't still be confident it can conclude a deal.

Idxomer

That offer makes no sense. We paid for Martial, another teenager, €50m without add-ons 5 years ago and he was much less established and didn't have an output anywhere close to Sancho currently.

TheReligion

Abusive
It’s what we call a derisory bid. Little wonder Dortmund were pissed and rejected all direct communications with us if that was the case. I just think United are being silly here
I don't know are they? This isn't normal times and the economy is unstable. It would be derisory if you placed an official bid of that nature but when you're planning what you intend to offer isn't it obvious you test the water to find out what will be deemed acceptable?

TheReligion

Abusive
That offer makes no sense. We paid for Martial, another teenager, €50m without add-ons 5 years ago and he was much less established and didn't have an output anywhere close to Sancho currently.
It was unofficial offers not formal bids. Big differences.

Sphaero

Struggling to explain his genius to the hoi polloi
Supports
Borussia Dortmund
It's strange that all interviews suddenly appear 1 day after the press statement.
No, not if you are familiar with how Borussia Dortmund structures its pre season camp at Bad Ragaz (it is I believe their 11th or 12th time there).

The first day of the camp contains a rather in depth press meeting. This meeting, which is largely about an outlook of the pre season, informations about personell, sometimes a bit about transfers and so, is one of the few pressers in the seasons not primarily held by the coach but by DoF Zorc. It was here when Zorc made his statements about Sancho yesterday.

The second day starts with a rather light training session followed by a long string of player interviews. There are interviews throughout the entire camp but the concentration of interviews is the highest on that day leading it to be dubbed "media day" amongst staff and supporters. The large amount statements about Sancho that the English press picked are a result of sheduling that has been consistent for more than a decade.

Funnily enough, none of these statements made much waves in the reporting of German sport outlets, probably because all these answers were completely predictable. The biggest story from those in Germany is the massive praise Erling Haaland heaped on Dortmunds own 15 year old mega talent Moukoko, who will start training with the first squad fulltime now and fully join the squad as player in November when he turns 16 and will be allowed to play in the Bundesliga.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
He was the first and only one who reported on this yesterday. If Sancho and his camp really put in a transfer request as he said, he should be bumped up to tier 1 reliability in my opinion
Dan is pretty good re Utd. He's a supporter after all

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
No, not if you are familiar with how Borussia Dortmund structures its pre season camp at Bad Ragaz (it is I believe their 11th or 12th time there).

The first day of the camp contains a rather in depth press meeting. This meeting, which is largely about an outlook of the pre season, informations about personell, sometimes a bit about transfers and so, is one of the few pressers in the seasons not primarily held by the coach but by DoF Zorc. It was here when Zorc made his statements about Sancho yesterday.

The second day starts with a rather light training session followed by a long string of player interviews. There are interviews throughout the entire camp but the concentration of interviews is the highest on that day leading it to be dubbed "media day" amongst staff and supporters. The large amount statements about Sancho that the English press picked are a result of sheduling that has been consistent for more than a decade.

Funnily enough, none of these statements made much waves in the reporting of German sport outlets, probably because all these answers were completely predictable. The biggest story from those in Germany is the massive praise Erling Haaland heaped on Dortmunds own 15 year old mega talent Moukoko, who will start training with the first squad fulltime now and fully join the squad as player in November when he turns 16 and will be allowed to play in the Bundesliga.
You forgot to add
Breakfast
Dump
Presser
Light training

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
And why would he know that?

1. If his agent says there is an agreement, his agent isn't going to tell him irrelevant information like his current contract is till x date
2. If United did not have an agreement with the player, the club wouldn't still be confident it can conclude a deal.
Since when do we bid for players that we can't afford to pay? Has that ever happened? He can say we have agreed wages and how will that ever be disproved? Basically he is saying stuff that can't backfire on him. United will get him if they pay Dortmunds asking price etc. I could say that ffs. It's not earth shattering news is it?

He's loving this attention and likes and retweets though I bet.

Black Rick

Complete waste of money, exhausts our entire summer budget when with Greenwood/Martial/Rashford we only need an excellent back up option, around the £50m mark.

With Sancho we will no longer have the money remaining to also buy the top CB and/or back up creative CM that we need.

Sancho is a decadent, foolish option.

Cassidy

Since when do we bid for players that we can't afford to pay? Has that ever happened? He can say we have agreed wages and how will that ever be disproved? Basically he is saying stuff that can't backfire on him. United will get him if they pay Dortmunds asking price etc. I could say that ffs. It's not earth shattering news is it?

He's loving this attention and likes and retweets though I bet.
The point is as with most of these big-time transfers, you wouldn't put in an official bid and spend ages negotiating with the club unless you had an agreement with the player. The same as with Bruno Fernandes we already had an agreement with him and his agent before we had a fight with the club over the fee.

Its basic common sense, I'm not saying anything about Romano credibility here, but not knowing the dates in a players contract isn't something which can be held against him since its not exactly a relevant conversation or topic that would have come up if his agent is speaking about a transfer being close.

dev1l

It's odd then that his paper where he's head of football reported United are offering the full €120m in a 70-30-20 split.
There must be surely a discrepancy between the actual figures and those leaked out. Part of the game

TheReligion

Abusive
Why wouldn’t he?

He refused to train/play for city in the end of his time there.

Understandably a little different but surely not above him
I hope he doesn't go on strike. We are looking at a certain profile of player and I don't think United would be happy either.

That said he can put a request in and remain professional.

E-mal

We are just not ready to sign the player with such deregatory offer. This dilly dallying by the club is symptomatic of a club just doing the bare minimum to be in the UCL and not bothered about competing in the champions league.

To be the top dog you must add from position of strength. Stasis breeds mediocrity.

Last edited:

VanGaalEra

Sancho has a contract until 2023, it’s a fair value now IMO. With 2 years left, I thought we could get 10-15M off 120M Euros.

We have the chance to sign Sancho, all we have to do is pay up. The player wants to come, Dortmund have a figure they want to sell at. It should be one of the easiest transfers!

TheReligion

Abusive
In what way has Sancho refused to admit he'll be with Dortmund in the short term? It implies he's been asked and refused to commit.
Oh I was talking about the tweet. He's been very quiet but not been asked anything.

In my opinion his silence is positive for United though and does support what's being suggested in these new tweets. He's agreed with United and wants to move.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
There must be surely a discrepancy between the actual figures and those leaked out. Part of the game
It's basically the same journalist claiming United are offering €70m upfront, €30m in 21 and another €20m in 22 on August 3rd. A week later he's saying United never offered more than €60m with €20m in bonuses.

TheReligion

Abusive
We are just not ready to sign the player with such deregatory offer. This dilly dallying by the club is symptomatic of a club just doing the bare minimum to be in the UCL and not bothered about being in the champions league.

To be the top dog you must add from position of strength. Stasis breeds mediocrity.
Nah they weren't official bids they were offers made through intermediaries.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
The point is as with most of these big-time transfers, you wouldn't put in an official bid and spend ages negotiating with the club unless you had an agreement with the player. The same as with Bruno Fernandes we already had an agreement with him and his agent before we had a fight with the club over the fee.

Its basic common sense, I'm not saying anything about Romano credibility here, but not knowing the dates in a players contract isn't something which can be held against him since its not exactly a relevant conversation or topic that would have come up if his agent is speaking about a transfer being close.
He's 20 years old mate. How on earth are we not going to be able to agree terms with a 20 year old?

People are just so desperate for this to happen they will cling to anything this guy says. What's he said that is such a transfer scoop? None of us think wages was ever going to be an issue anyway. And if and when we sign him nobody can really disprove the wages were agreed before the transfer can they?

He might not know they have been agreed but assumes it's United and of course they can afford the wages. It's hardly going out on a limb is it?

Can you see where I'm coming from now?

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
We are just not ready to sign the player with such deregatory offer. This dilly dallying by the club is symptomatic of a club just doing the bare minimum to be in the UCL and not bothered about being in the champions league.

It's not a formal offer, though; it's just standard negotiations with the club via their agents. Chelsea were doing the exact same thing with Leverkusen over Havertz.

Rolaholic

In what way has Sancho refused to admit he'll be with Dortmund in the short term? It implies he's been asked and refused to commit.
His teammates and club have been talking up his short term future with them and he nor his camp have yet to say a word yet.

You would imagine you'd hear from the player in question when a club publicly announces that they've extended you, at least that's what we've always seen unless he's still not sure about his future with said club

TheReligion

Abusive
It's not a formal offer, though; it's just standard negotiations with the club via their agents. Chelsea were doing the exact same thing with Leverkusen over Havertz.
Spot on. It's also even more important to do at the moment given covid and the economy. People don't really know where the market is at the moment. In normal life people are placing lower than normal enquiries about houses and property to see if they'll be accepted.

It's the formal, public bid that matters and I think we'll see one during the window.

Cassidy

He's 20 years old mate. How on earth are we not going to be able to agree terms with a 20 year old?

People are just so desperate for this to happen they will cling to anything this guy says. What's he said that is such a transfer scoop? None of us think wages was ever going to be an issue anyway. And if and when we sign him nobody can really disprove the wages were agreed before the transfer can they?

He might not know they have been agreed but assumes it's United and of course they can afford the wages. It's hardly going out on a limb is it?

Can you see where I'm coming from now?
This will be my last reply.

The first line is a bit silly, agreeing on terms plus the agent's commission is a major part of the transfer, what has his age got to do with it? If the player has no intention to transfer and is not interested in joining you will not be able to agree terms.

No I cannot see where you are coming from because it's not his job to go out on a limb, it's his job to report what he is being told by those involved in the deal.
BVB have journos they brief
United have journos they brief
Agents have journos they brief

Do you remember when United briefed everyone that they were not interested in Herrera and then announced his signing the next day?

Moral of the story, do not always believe what a club is briefing, it more likely they are putting information out there that suits them.

Let the journalists do their jobs and enjoy the ride.

Status
Not open for further replies.