Jadon Sancho| Staying at Dortmund for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

glazed

Eats diamonds to beat thermodynamics
It's caused (the flu) by an influenza virus strain. My mistake...but the point is, there are other coronaviruses in the world, and this one has no guarantees on how a vaccine with help and if it will evolve. A vaccine may not be the cure all to this situation and how it impacts mass crowd gatherings and sporting revenue streams from fans is extremely unknown.
Yeah it's been a standing joke for years that we still can't cure the common cold. Coronavirus vaccines are way harder than influenza vaccines.

Prodigal7

What I don't get is why are we briefing Sanchos wages being an issue. Makes no sense to tell fans Sancho is being greedy unless we are doing it as an excuse if we don't get him

Also clearly wages aren't a problem since Romano and Falk said it. And today proved Romano is more reliable for us than the British press.
The rumours were that his wages are fine but he and his representatives are trying for a 50m euro agent/signing fee. We didn’t position ourselves well by paying granola 40 odd million for the Pogba deal

edcunited1878

We do need to reinforce but, next season but, even bringing in Sancho, Ole is going to have to use the rest of the squad better. After the restart we were desperate to make top 4 and that front 4 played way too much. There are options we can use like start Ighalo and play any of the other 3 along side him, resting 1 of the 3. He can even play a diamond with Bruno at the top and Pogba on one side and Fred/McTomminay/Matic taking the other 2 spots

We won't make it through the season if Mata/Lingard/James also don't get their fair share of starts. They don't need to be world beaters to play a good role next season. Last season when we had Martial / Rashford out at times, we literally had 1 match winner on the pitch - when those guys were starting often, we were depending on them to play a huge role. At the very least now we'll have 3-4 match winners at any given time. Getting Sancho or another top quality player obviously just helps that much more.
You can't fault Ole for playing the front 4 or front 5 including Bruno because that was the crunch time of the season and the players were challenged and they stepped up. The players and coaches got them across the line. You have to be able to rely on your best players and test them. They all passed that test, but it showed the weakness of the overall squad. No chances can be taken because the other players are up to the task at hand.

No way Ighalo was going to start over Martial, who has been one of the top players across the PL and European competition since the restart. I can understand playing a different formation, but United really weren't in position to tinker around that much. There was a big job and you have to stick to what got you there. It worked.

Lingard and James will have to start throughout the upcoming season, but at what cost? You have to hope that the other players can keep a good level of consistency and performance, but it remains to be seen if Rashford, Martial, and Bruno can sustain their performance and output levels. That's what separates the good players from the great players, consistency of a high level. And it remains to see if/how James, McTominay, AWB, Pereria, improve. If Lingard somehow regains his form and confidence of 2018, he'd be a great squad player. But from the past 12-14 months, he's been pants when he's been asked to carry a heavier load.

Getting Sancho would be ace, but still need to improve the quality of the squad in order to use it effectively.

FreakyJim

90% of teams play better football than us
One possibility still exists, muppets - We have a terrible season like last year and are 6th, 10 points off top 4 in January. Woodward panics and pays what Dortmund wants, maybe even overpays.

Highly unlikely Dortmund will want to sell in the winter but who knows.

I fear this will be our last chance, unless we somehow sign him now.

christinaa

Gossip Girl
Supports
There's only one United!
They put up the hopes of the United supporters but then manage to feck it - i mean these guys knew how much Sancho cost from the beginning.
Same old story from Laurel and Hardy!

laughtersassassin

The rumours were that his wages are fine but he and his representatives are trying for a 50m euro agent/signing fee. We didn’t position ourselves well by paying granola 40 odd million for the Pogba deal
We didn't pay it Juve did and it's not like He would have cost half the price without it.

Again though Romano said it's not true as did Falk. So again It seems we are setting up an excuse.
One possibility still exists, muppets - We have a terrible season like last year and are 6th, 10 points off top 4 in January. Woodward panics and pays what Dortmund wants, maybe even overpays.

Highly unlikely Dortmund will want to sell in the winter but who knows.

I fear this will be our last chance, unless we somehow sign him now.
Sick of the club repeating the same mistakes. Like we have never improved two years in the trot since Ed took over because he always fecks about after we improve.

And our fans don't hold him or the Glazers accountable

fezzerUTD

Folks on this group are reading that one tweet that agrees with their belief that Sancho is coming, even though it has been reiterated multiple times that he won't leave. Haven't seen a transfer where so many multiple sources related to the selling club have confirmed he won't be leaving. Admit it lads, this one is down the drains for the time being.
Positive tweets are allowed on here, negative ones are frowned upon and fake.

peridigm

Folks on this group are reading that one tweet that agrees with their belief that Sancho is coming, even though it has been reiterated multiple times that he won't leave. Haven't seen a transfer where so many multiple sources related to the selling club have confirmed he won't be leaving. Admit it lads, this one is down the drains for the time being.
Even you admit it's not over.

Squeaky Bumtime

I just wonder what stance will all those posters, who post day in day out its over, have it we get the guy.

DixieDean

Everton Fan
Supports
Everton
Everton probably
More chance of Utd signing me then that happening.

I'm not surprised that this deal has hit major problems. Woodward is such a clown. I wouldn't trust him to buy an ice cream cone.

The football Gods put him and the Glazers in charge to handicap Utd.

sp_107

Club wants to sell the world class player and the player wants to come here so what’s Ed problem here ?
I know it’s COVID and that’s why 150M player available for 108M so why can’t we close the deal rather filling up Glazer pockets ?

The right wing position will be fixed for 12-13 years so not sure why we are not getting this over the line just for 10-15M difference, Can someone explain ?

DixieDean

Everton Fan
Supports
Everton
This is the same club that spent 80 freaking million of your English pounds on Maguire. Yet won't push the boat for an outrageous talent. Makes sense.

Infestissumam

This is the same club that spent 80 freaking million of your English pounds on Maguire. Yet won't push the boat for an outrageous talent. Makes sense.
we're in the middle of a pandemic that has hit clubs hard. Why do you think that we're the only club that's even in for him this summer? Not as easy this year to just pay up.

DixieDean

Everton Fan
Supports
Everton
we're in the middle of a pandemic that has hit clubs hard. Why do you think that we're the only club that's even in for him this summer? Not as easy this year to just pay up.
Next, they'll be blaming the pandemic on increasing Season ticket costs. Utd have enough cash to do this.

jasT1981

Not sure who this guy is. A freelance journalist claims Sancho has handed in transfer request. Not really convinced as he works in Lisbon.

peridigm

Not sure who this guy is. A freelance journalist claims Sancho has handed in transfer request. Not really convinced as he works in Lisbon.

This all started with a tweet from @fabrizioromuno this morning. Obvious bullshit.

E-mal

More chance of Utd signing me then that happening.

I'm not surprised that this deal has hit major problems. Woodward is such a clown. I wouldn't trust him to buy an ice cream cone.

The football Gods put him and the Glazers in charge to handicap Utd.
If this is an attempt at banter, you're quite poor at it. A bit rich coming from a fan of Everton who last won anything of note in the 80s and whose team is yet to win against Liverpool in 80years.

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
Next, they'll be blaming the pandemic on increasing Season ticket costs. Utd have enough cash to do this.
Unless crowds come back into the ground by March we’ll have lost around 150m in match day revenue. That isn’t small change so I can see why we may have slight reservations at just bowing down to Dortmund’s demands immediately of paying such a fee before our season has even ended.

pascell

I'm sorry but it's much more likely that the financial situation for clubs will be more comfortable next window. Yes, there probably will be a second wave, in fact it's already emerging. However, we still have 10/11 months to go. If scientists are quick, it actually is possible that the first vaccines are approved before 2021 begins.

Also, the current situation is after a complete shutdown for several months - I doubt that this will happen again. Instead, at least TV money etc. is flowing again. It would be just dumb from Dortmund to sell him now for a Corona discount. And it probably would also be dumb from Sancho to sign for a salary much lower than what he could get next year.

Besides that, the reason why top clubs have a tight budget currently is because of the cash flow. People like pointing out how many millions clubs "lose" every match, but those are actually opportunity costs. As far as I know, top clubs aren't actually losing money, they simply make less than they used to. Once ticketing kicks in again, things will change.
Sorry but I stopped reading at 'if scientists are quick' you can't rush a vaccine I'm afraid, it's going to have to go through vigorous testing and tr
This all started with a tweet from @fabrizioromuno this morning. Obvious bullshit.
Seems to have tried to call a few United transfers on his own accord though. I'm not saying I believe the transfer request talk but it's a strange one for sure.

DixieDean

Everton Fan
Supports
Everton
If this is an attempt at banter, you're quite poor at it. A bit rich coming from a fan of Everton who last won anything of note in the 80s and whose team is yet to win against Liverpool in 80years.
What the does Everton being crap have to do with what I said?

It's just an observation from the outside.

E-mal

Can't take you serious when you paid 50m of British pounds on the icelandish Fletcher.

Rajat Jain

Except perhaps Aubameyang and Dembele who, incidentally, both left the same club we're dealing with now after similar posturing.
I am aware of that, but no where have 3-4 team mates along with the squad manager and the CEO have said the thing. Imagine yourself in their position and if Sancho leaves now how would all other players react?
In Aubameyang and Dembele deals, there was a public disagreement between the club and the player, doesn't seem to be the case here.
Journos are keeping this alive just for the sake of some retweets.

DixieDean

Everton Fan
Supports
Everton
Can't take you serious when you paid 50m of British pounds on the icelandish Fletcher.
But again, Everton being permanently crap has nothing to do with anything I'm saying.

I mean, I basically said the glazers and Woodward are bad for your football club. You disagree?

Rajat Jain

Positive tweets are allowed on here, negative ones are frowned upon and fake.
I feel you mate, but I have been positive for the past 3-4 weeks about this deal, now there is sufficient proof that their is a high probability it's not happening. I know saying this is blasphemy here, but think with your brain and not with the thing between your legs :)

Bratt

Looking at his previous breaking posts, it looks like he’s mostly right, doesn’t it?

Womp

idiot
Had a dream we signed him. My heart wants to believe so bad. I just need some positive updates to get me back on board. All the news has been negative for some time now

Status
Not open for further replies.