Jadon Sancho| Staying at Dortmund for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

romufc

In saying that I don't think wages are holding this up at all. It's the fee and agent fee. But he doesn't know the wages are agreed. He's assuming Utd can agree to pay Jadon Sancho which is pretty easy assumption to make isn't it? He's hardly going out on a limb with that statement is he?
People need to stop taking what Romano says as gospel. Like you have mentioned, he has mentioned alot of things and have turned out the opposite.

Recently he keeps saying, 120m and the player will move, that is not great journalism, everyone knows that. yesterday, was something about a text that Dortmund sent manutd that its 120m euros upront, but the other day he said we negotiating through an intermediary.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
I don't know but Havertz alleged transfer negotiations have been as long.
1. That deal isn't done yet either.

2. Chelsea are in a much better financial position than we are due to their transfer ban and the Hazard / Morata cash.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout

2. Chelsea are in a much better financial position than we are due to their transfer ban and the Hazard / Morata cash.
I don't know if you are adding to my post or think that I said something else? Havertz negotiations have been as protracted.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
People need to stop taking what Romano says as gospel. Like you have mentioned, he has mentioned alot of things and have turned out the opposite.

Recently he keeps saying, 120m and the player will move, that is not great journalism, everyone knows that. yesterday, was something about a text that Dortmund sent manutd that its 120m euros upront, but the other day he said we negotiating through an intermediary.
Yeah he's taken the muppets on a real ride this summer. He gets stuff wrong too. Plenty of stuff.

I'm not saying he doesn't have his contacts but if he had inside knowledge on the Sancho deal he'd have known about the contract extension for sure as that's was a huge development in the saga and has given Dortmund more strength in keeping hold of him.

cyberman

Chelsea spent about 130m when they were banned, thats long gone

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Chelsea spent about 130m when they were banned, thats long gone
They have signed Kovacic (last summer), Ziyech n Werner. What am I missing?

They have lots of money from Hazard n Morata sales to spend that we don't.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser

That was spent on the above mentioned players, its quite obvious what you are missing.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
That was spent on the above mentioned players, its quite obvious what you are missing.
Hahahahahaha

So their transfer budget from LAST summer is still in tact then isn't it? They didn't spend anything as they used player sale cash. So they have last years budget and this years to spend. My word it's not that hard to figure out.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United

Goldbridge will hate you for this

Matriac

Is Joel the one that supposedly keep trying to get involved in team affairs?
"Keep trying to get involved"?
He's the Executive co-Chairman of our club. The board has the final say on any large expense (If I would guess, anything over 500k-1m) as well as the sale of any of our assets.

It makes sense to keep him involved so that it doesn't come as a surprise when we ask the board to sign off on it.

devilish

We sadly have some very naive fans on here who are totally oblivious to the financial issues in the world. No doubt still live with mummy and daddy and have no clue whats going on. Wait till you get a real job and a mortgage boys. You will die a bit inside.

We've never spent north of £90m on a player before. And spending 120m Euros, plus agent fee, plus huge wages on a single player would be hard to get done without a bleeding pandemic that's costing us over £100m. Covid has just made this transfer 100 times harder to get done.

If the stories are true that it's 120m + huge agent fee + big wages then I can see why we are steering clear. Nobody can meet those demands right now. Not even us.
Let's say that you are right. What is the point in pursuing a player that we can't afford buying? It would be like a working class person walking into a ferrari store with his piggy bank in his hands

Cassidy

Hahahahahaha

So their transfer budget from LAST summer is still in tact then isn't it? They didn't spend anything as they used player sale cash. So they have last years budget and this years to spend. My word it's not that hard to figure out.
You said sales from Hazard and Morata. They also pre spent before the ban came into place hence the world record for a fee for Kepa and signing Pulisic. Its not as simple as you’re making out.

The funds from Hazard and Morata were not sitting there waiting as you suggested.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Let's say that you are right. What is the point in pursuing a player that we can't afford buying? It would be like a working class person walking into a ferrari store with his piggy bank in his hands
Maybe our interest came and went in the flash when we learned the asking price and its the media pushing the agenda perhaps?

If Dortmund wont budge from 108m then i think its done. Can't see us breaking our transfer record during these times. Would love him to join mind you.

cyberman

They bought Pulisic and permanently signed Kovacic. Kepa for 70m
That money is long gone

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
You said sales from Hazard and Morata. They also pre spent before the ban came into place hence the world record for a fee for Kepa and signing Pulisic. Its not as simple as you’re making out.

The funds from Hazard and Morata were not sitting there waiting as you suggested.
Yes they have a transfer budget too don't they? Or does that budget from last summer get taken away because they made a lot of money through departures?

Chelsea are in a very strong position. Suck it up.

LuckyScout78

Like i said earlier on this thread. Jadon Sancho is really really good. But he is not on top yet. If i could get one of Sancho or Gnabry for 100 mill Euro + add on. I would easily pick Gnabry over Sancho. Everytime right now. Its all about the end product and finish ability.
Sancho world class dribler vs Gnabry world class finisher and end product. Gnabry is direct and goal focus. When you are always goal focus and 100 determination in everything you are doing. YOu will score a goal like Gnabry yesterday. Its all about full speed, full ball control, full determination and precise and clinical finish. A goal like Gnabry yesterday. You need all those abilities on top level.

So if Dortmund dont want to sell him this summer. Then let them keep him another season. I would be satisfy with Federico Chiesa as alternative option too. Direct, determination and goal focus like Gnabry. But not on consistent level like Gnabry. But you never know. Chiesa has 2-3 years to develop a top consistent level. Then you never know how high consistent level Chiesa will reach. But like Gnabry. Chiesa has top explosivness, ball control and determination. Its all about the conistent level over a long period. Like a season or 2.

Sancho or Chiesa this summer. or
Chiesa this summer and try Sancho again next summer. Ideally both of them this summer. But no need for Sancho this summer to get into top 4. With Federico Chiesa he will give United enough depth to get into top 4 this season.
United might need to strength LB,CB,CM. Beside a RW and wide player or 2. Because Rashford is playing as a LW. Then United shall strenght both RW and LW. No need to buy a new striker when you have Greenwood, RAshford and Martial as CF. And special you only use one CF. Then logically United need to strenght both RW and LW.
Chiesa is Mane type of player. Full explosive, speed, top ball control, determination and sharp finisher from the left side. Then Sancho for the right winger spot.
It will be a long season with many matches. United need depth with a quality end product. To win as much as possible. In 2 years. I think United need both of Sancho and Chiesa.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
They bought Pulisic and permanently signed Kovacic. Kepa for 70m
That money is long gone
Kepa was 2 seasons ago was he not? Pulisic was also signed in January 2019 wasn't he even though he didn't come immediately.

theklr

Think we can afford him, I just think we then cant afford anyone else if the deal isnt structured well enough for us.

Thats probably why its dragging on and on, seems Dortmund want the payments to finish quicker.

Cassidy

Yes they have a transfer budget too don't they? Or does that budget from last summer get taken away because they made a lot of money through departures?

No one said they are not, you have just made an assertion on funds from departures which has been pointed out as incorrect.
Lampard has been told he needs to sell players to fund the rest of their signings

romufc

Goldbridge will hate you for this
Probably, but who cares. He has been making a fool of himself, having a daily briefing about Sancho.

Romano is playing it really well, he knows going on Manutd fan channels giving "positive" news and he will increase his following on twitter.

Him saying personal terms agreed, he said talks between Manutd and Dortmund are in advanced stages, then he tweeted that two clubs are confident and agreement soon on final fee based on instalments and add ons.

I am of the opinion that if anything is agreed, there isnt one individual like Romano who will know about it first, there will be various outlets that get the information too.

Whilst Goldbridge takes Romano's comments as gospel whilst ignoring other journalists is pretty poor, because it fits with the narrative that Sancho is a done deal or agreed terms.

Rolaholic

^^^^
Gnabry is 5 years older than Sancho and struggled to get a game at West Brom when he was on loan there from Arsenal.

That's not to say he's not a much better player now that he's had a few seasons at a proper club like Bayern but comparing his value now to a 20 year old Sancho is wide off the mark when Sancho has been an impact player the moment he stepped foot in a 1st team.

The only reason they're even being compared now is because he's on the best side in Europe and has been doing well for them as a result. Drop Sancho in this Bayern side and his numbers would be ridiculous too.

That suggestion is a non sequitor though, Bayern won't be getting rid of him anytime soon. They have him and Sane as young German replacements for Ribery and Robben so they'll most likey end up either finishing their careers there or leaving if they can't offer much anymore 5-6+ years down the line. Bayern absolutely never sell players they feel can still help them unless the player winds their contract down completely

romufc

Chelsea are completely different to Manutd.

They have a owner who will NOT take 2nd place, he wants to win, if it doesn't happen he will spend money regardless of how much money is coming in. Whereas United owners are more interested in getting top 4 and commercial deals.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
No one said they are not, you have just made an assertion on funds from departures which has been pointed out as incorrect.
Lampard has been told he needs to sell players to fund the rest of their signings
If that last bit is true then what are we even arguing about? I'm trying to tell all the cry babies that Chelsea had a bit of a head start for the reasons stated previously. If they have to sell players now before buying anymore then they are in no stronger position than we are.

They were always likely to come out of this window stronger than most as they had a bit more cash than everyone else. Our fans need to relax.

NK86

I laugh at all the 'wah wah wah it's not fair we haven't got him yet' cretins too. Probably more so.
Wow, cretins? You barely know these folks on an internet forum. :lol:

You need to calm down. No one's beating down your door about getting us Sancho.

Cassidy

If that last bit is true then what are we even arguing about? I'm trying to tell all the cry babies that Chelsea had a bit of a head start for the reasons stated previously. If they have to sell players now before buying anymore then they are in no stronger position than we are.

They were always likely to come out of this window stronger than most as they had a bit more cash than everyone else. Our fans need to relax.
The fact you made a false statement about funds from sales

devilish

Maybe our interest came and went in the flash when we learned the asking price and its the media pushing the agenda perhaps?

If Dortmund wont budge from 108m then i think its done. Can't see us breaking our transfer record during these times. Would love him to join mind you.

I don't accept that. Jadon is a 20 year old winger who scored 21 goals and produced 18 assists in just 48 games. That's ridiculous FM like stats. He's English, he can play across all the forward line, he's playing with a decent club and he's wanted by Manchester United. All of that will increase the price significantly. Don't you think Chelsea, Arsenal, Juventus, Real, Barca, Bayern and Shitty rated the guy? Of course they did. But they went for other targets merely because they knew exactly how expensive bringing Sancho would be. The analogy with the Ferrari store suits like a glove there. You don't walk in a Ferrari collector's shop, ask for a Ferrari 250 GT SWB California only to come out with the money collected from your piggy bank. If you do you will look stupid.

Its evident that something inside the club isn't working well in terms of transfers. Our 3 past managers + former scouts like Langley and Alvial showing frustration at the club's modus operandi. Ole himself is now talking about United's need to compete in the transfer's race and he comes from SAF's happy with the squad school of excellence were dirty laundry is usually kept hidden if possible. These are football people who had worked with United and know about us more then you and me.

macheda14

Like i said earlier on this thread. Jadon Sancho is really really good. But he is not on top yet. If i could get one of Sancho or Gnabry for 100 mill Euro + add on. I would easily pick Gnabry over Sancho. Everytime right now. Its all about the end product and finish ability.
Sancho world class dribler vs Gnabry world class finisher and end product. Gnabry is direct and goal focus. When you are always goal focus and 100 determination in everything you are doing. YOu will score a goal like Gnabry yesterday. Its all about full speed, full ball control, full determination and precise and clinical finish. A goal like Gnabry yesterday. You need all those abilities on top level.
He’s been one of the most productive players in the whole of Europe this season. He’s scored 17 and assisted 16 in 32 games in the Bundesliga vs Gnabry’s 12 goals and 10 assists in 31 games. If that isn’t world class end product then I don’t know what is.

Grylte

"nothing wrong with some friendly incest, bro"
Looking forward to seeing him in the United shirt within 2 weeks, will look much better on him than yellow

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach

So if Dortmund dont want to sell him this summer. Then let them keep him another season. I would be satisfy with Federico Chiesa as alternative option too. Direct, determination and goal focus like Gnabry. But not on consistent level like Gnabry. But you never know. Chiesa has 2-3 years to develop a top consistent level. Then you never know how high consistent level Chiesa will reach. But like Gnabry. Chiesa has top explosivness, ball control and determination. Its all about the conistent level over a long period. Like a season or 2.

Sancho or Chiesa this summer. or
Chiesa this summer and try Sancho again next summer. Ideally both of them this summer. But no need for Sancho this summer to get into top 4. With Federico Chiesa he will give United enough depth to get into top 4 this season.
United might need to strength LB,CB,CM. Beside a RW and wide player or 2. Because Rashford is playing as a LW. Then United shall strenght both RW and LW. No need to buy a new striker when you have Greenwood, RAshford and Martial as CF. And special you only use one CF. Then logically United need to strenght both RW and LW.
Chiesa is Mane type of player. Full explosive, speed, top ball control, determination and sharp finisher from the left side. Then Sancho for the right winger spot.
It will be a long season with many matches. United need depth with a quality end product. To win as much as possible. In 2 years. I think United need both of Sancho and Chiesa.
It's like you watched Bayern the other day and have decided based on one goal.

Compare their stats this year. With Bayern being the better team too.

And Sancho is 5 years younger too.
There's no debate who is the player we want here. And it's not the Bayern guy

devilish

Probably, but who cares. He has been making a fool of himself, having a daily briefing about Sancho.

Romano is playing it really well, he knows going on Manutd fan channels giving "positive" news and he will increase his following on twitter.

Him saying personal terms agreed, he said talks between Manutd and Dortmund are in advanced stages, then he tweeted that two clubs are confident and agreement soon on final fee based on instalments and add ons.

I am of the opinion that if anything is agreed, there isnt one individual like Romano who will know about it first, there will be various outlets that get the information too.

Whilst Goldbridge takes Romano's comments as gospel whilst ignoring other journalists is pretty poor, because it fits with the narrative that Sancho is a done deal or agreed terms.
Let me tell you a real story. I was a very young supporter back then and Sir Alex came to my country for a holiday. He loved our supporters club and Malta as a whole. In fact he would come to Malta regularly throughout his career even bringing the entire squad at one point. Anyway, at the end of his holiday he turned to us and told us to watch the space as on Monday we're going to sign Gazza. The fans lost it, first of all because Sir Alex wasn't the kind to spill the beans like that which meant that Gazza was indeed in the bag, secondly because that transfer was huge, way bigger than Sancho's signing would be.Turned out that it wasn't the case. Gazza chose in the 11th hour to sign for Spurs and that was it.

Transfers are complex. It takes little for a player to make a 360 degrees u turn especially when the club in question is a business who refuse to be taken to the cleaners (during that time we were like that). If you then put two bankers with zero football knowledge as our main negotiation team then things get far more difficult.

Which is why these journalists are a joke. Sure they might have contacts (who are probably feeding them the club's agenda) and its worth to occasionally pop in and read what they are saying. However their posts can't be treated like gospel, far from it.

Kearnkoff69

It’s his money at the end of the day. Do any of us blame him for wanting a better deal?
It is his money, but it's a bit rich to talk about wanting a better deal when United have paid out dividends in Jan. (declared Nov. 2019) and again in June (declared Feb. 25, less than three weeks before the PL shut down), netting the Glazers upwards of 11.4 million euros. I'll admit that it's hard to blame the Glazers for the Jan. dividend, as it was declared last year and follows the predictable distribution pattern of the club since it went public. I take issue with the June dividend in the context of us having less to spend this summer, because declaring in Feb. (that was the last week that my university had in-person classes) looks from the outside to be either a) financially irresponsible, or b) a way to extract one last chunk of cash before the pandemic really blew the economy up. I don't argue that 11.4 million is the difference between what we're willing to pay and Dortmund's valuation, but it's hard to feel as though Joel is acting in the best interest of the club when considering not only the historical financial shithousery that the family has pulled on the club, but also when looking at 2020 financials.

romufc

Transfers are complex. It takes little for a player to make a 360 degrees u turn especially when the club in question is a business who refuse to be taken to the cleaners (during that time we were like that). If you then put two bankers with zero football knowledge as our main negotiation team then things get far more difficult.
I agree, look at Willian to Chelsea, he was having a medical at Spurs. So, I am not disputing transfers are difficult, but Manutd do have a history of making them alot more complicated than they are.

Bankers negotiating football deals is the worst, which is why the structure of this club needs changing, which I don't think it will. So no point me crying on about it.

We as United fans are being briefed by Woodward and United that transfers are hard, whilst other teams carry out their business. I understand Sancho deals take long, I do not expect it to be done in a week however; deals that are smaller can be done, we chose not to work on more than one deal at once.

Ofcourse we will be negotiating but it is a painful process this.

RedCurry

You forgot to factor in the development of the TV market, and the associated revenue gains for the clubs. Today, De Bruyne wouldn't go for just an inflation-adjusted fee compared to what he went for back then.
That is why I specifically mentioned “footballer inflation” which is not the same as rest of the world markets inflation quite clearly. Just for fun we can do this exercise using Manchester United’s revenue growth since you mention it.

We have an annual revenue of $569m in 2014 and $796m in 2019. That represents 40% increase. De Bruyne cost City £55m. If his value inflated by 40%, he would be valued at £77m. In the same time period, BVB’s revenue grew by 34%. Again, this was in response to the Porsche analogy and footballers are obviously not easy to value as cars.

dwd

Saturday Night Spies
Haven't been in this thread for a while but what I gather from the last few pages is that we can't sign him because he doesn't have a mortgage?

Status
Not open for further replies.