Jadon Sancho| Staying at Dortmund for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Terminator

Comparing Sancho to Ousmane/Felix, 120m is a fair price even considering the circumstances. You have to pay up if want the best talent.

Meanwhile Chelsea are smoothly completing the 90/95 million euros Havertz deal without any problems. Napoli paid 70+10m euros for Osimhen within the first week or two of the transfer window opening.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Comparing Sancho to Ousmane/Felix, 120m is a fair price even considering the circumstances. You have to pay up if want the best talent.

Meanwhile Chelsea are smoothly completing the 90/95 million euros Havertz deal without any problems. Napoli paid 70+10m euros for Osimhen within the first week or two of the transfer window opening.
Chelsea have a billionaire in charge that can spend money of his own choice. We don't have that luxury.

With FFP being relaxed sugar daddies are going to use this chance to take over. We have to accept it.

It'll be a top 3 of Liverpool/City/Chelsea and we will have to hope we are the 4th strongest again.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
And spent 130m
£130m from 2 summer transfer kitties isn't a lot though is it?

If they had a transfer budget of 100m last season, another 100m for this upcoming season and 150m from player sales which came last summer. That's £350m give or take isn't it?

People are assuming that because Chelsea could only buy Kovacic through a technicality last season that they had no more budget. Maybe they have carried the rest forward to enhance this years budget. It seems that way to me.

E-mal

All these talks about our finances, pfft!
Are we getting him or not? People talk as though we won't be getting champions league and epl money for next season. As if we won't be getting commercial income. We will be fine.
If Arsenal can spend, so can we.

Judas

Open to offers

When did this happen? Far as I've seen its been dragging along for ages?

romufc

If they had a transfer budget of 100m last season, another 100m for this upcoming season and 150m from player sales which came last summer. That's £350m give or take isn't it?

People are assuming that because Chelsea could only buy Kovacic through a technicality last season that they had no more budget. Maybe they have carried the rest forward to enhance this years budget. It seems that way to me.
I honestly don't think it works that way. Does that mean that Liverpool will have £300m to spend next summer? they didnt spend money last summer, probably wont this and they make very good player sales.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
I honestly don't think it works that way. Does that mean that Liverpool will have £300m to spend next summer? they didnt spend money last summer, probably wont this and they make very good player sales.
This is Chelsea and Abramovich though.

They definitely need a new keeper and a defender too so the fact they are going for Havertz makes me believe they won't be stopping at him. I think they have more money to spend than people realise and miles more than us for a change. Just got to accept it.

Terminator

When did this happen? Far as I've seen its been dragging along for ages?
Basing it on these tweets and other similar news articles.

Fab also said Chelsea 'confident' yesterday.

romufc

They definitely need a new keeper and a defender too so the fact they are going for Havertz makes me believe they won't be stopping at him. I think they have more money to spend than people realise and miles more than us for a change. Just got to accept it.
Oh I agree about that.

We have seen it in the past, this isnt a money making business for Roman, it is about titles. I don't understand why people getting worked up about it, this is what he has always done, spent alot of money regardless of who the manager is, spends even more when they dont win the league.

United board have different priorities.

RUCK4444

How/Why would Chelsea have tonnes 'more' money than United to spend?

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Do we need to do a whip-round to get some players in? :lol:

Lemansky

Yup, sadly so. We must be working with a very tight budget by the looks of things.
Manchester Uniteds budget is tight....:lol:

Reckon only a handful of clubs will have higher net spend then us this summer if any at all...

Bosws87

I think the most frustrating part of this for people is we all know if we don't get him this window it will be never at all.

Which is why people are being frustrated and calling the board/owners out.

Reminds me of the Ronaldinho transfer we were so close and i was gutted what a player he was.

El-Manos

Manchester Uniteds budget is tight....:lol:

Reckon only a handful of clubs will have higher net spend then us this summer if any at all...
Most journalists seem to concur that our spending will be limited due to financial restrictions. I don’t know where your confidence originates from.

monosierra

I think its a matter of trade offs. Would we be better off leaving the other positions are they are (or adding weaker reinforcements than what we could have gotten without spending all 120m on Sancho) or should we save on Sancho and add better players in other positions.

Tony247

The most important difference between chelsea and united is that they have sellable surplus players in their team who can fetch good value in the market, so at the end of the day they can (relatively) easily bring resonable balance in their book.

What I am trying to say is for team like chelsea it is easier (again comparatively) to rebuild when their unwanted players are still sellable. It would be interesting to see how Barca rebuild now. They look better placed - somewhat similar to chelsea - than united though.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
A player is only worth as much as the market offers. No-one in world football is offering what BVB are demanding.
Also, it seems quite clear now that we don't have the finances and cashflow, no matter how much you demand that we 'pay up'. The club hasn't hesitated in breaking the PL record fee for Pogba or record for a defender in Maguire. I don't think Woodward is scared of spending big.
Comparing us to other clubs is also a futile exercise: we have open own unique ownership and politics to navigate.

I think fans need to give Woodward a break on this front. He has generated huge revenues for the club that has allowed us to spend a shedload on players and wages since he got the job. Too many bad players acquired, but that's a different subject. I applaud him for even going for Sancho and trying to pull off this transfer despite the unprecedented situation covid19 placed the club in. He could just have easily have told OGS that it's not even worth trying.

Tony247

Yes but surely they have to at least try to work within the requirements of ffp?

In no world should Chelsea be able to outspend Manchester United.
I believe they have balance carried forward from the last window, plus Hazard sell.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Well theres 2 agents with 1 doing double duty. If Dortmund wants us to cover all fees then thats 3 agent fees right there never mind the intermediary nonsense as well.
Yeah, so whilst the fees won't be that high, it will be a sticking point if Dortmund want us to pay them for a service that they themselves requested. I think they saw some details about the Pogba deal and thought that we'd possibly be willing to pay a decent amount to agents, but they ignored/missed out on the finer details.

Amarsdd

Yes but surely they have to at least try to work within the requirements of ffp?

In no world should Chelsea be able to outspend Manchester United.
Again, its the same answer. In addition, they technically didn't spend last summer. Whereas, relaxation of FFP regulation doesn't matter to us at all as we always spend within our means. And our "means" are obviously lower this window.

romufc

A player is only worth as much as the market offers. No-one in world football is offering what BVB are demanding.
Also, it seems quite clear now that we don't have the finances and cashflow, no matter how much you demand that we 'pay up'. The club hasn't hesitated in breaking the PL record fee for Pogba or record for a defender in Maguire. I don't think Woodward is scared of spending big.
Comparing us to other clubs is also a futile exercise: we have open own unique ownership and politics to navigate.

I think fans need to give Woodward a break on this front. He has generated huge revenues for the club that has allowed us to spend a shedload on players and wages since he got the job. Too many bad players acquired, but that's a different subject. I applaud him for even going for Sancho and trying to pull off this transfer despite the unprecedented situation covid19 placed the club in. He could just have easily have told OGS that it's not even worth trying.
That is crap. If I go to buy a Rolls Royce knowing I cannot afford one, I wont be applauded, rather I will be laughed out.

We are making ourselves look silly here. If you cannot afford him, go for another target dont just sit there hoping money will turn up or the price from the seller will be dropped.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Chelsea's negotiations have dragged on for a long while. Journalists like Romano will obviously report on the recent developments more positively if there's any progress, but that doesn't necessarily mean that there'll be a resolution in the end. I'm not sure if Chelsea will necessarily go all the way up to what Leverkusen want, but we'll see how close they can go.

Napoli also worked on Osimhen for months. They were negotiating the deal with Lille for a while as it also included them giving away 4 of their players to Lille to offset the high price. It was nothing like a quick deal as you make it seem.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser

No one assumed they had bo more budget last summer.
Your statement was just incorrect its not hard to gather

cyberman

That is crap. If I go to buy a Rolls Royce knowing I cannot afford one, I wont be applauded, rather I will be laughed out.

We are making ourselves look silly here. If you cannot afford him, go for another target dont just sit there hoping money will turn up or the price from the seller will be dropped.
You sir, are shit at negotiations

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
In comparison to the Havertz transfer, we won't be able to learn much about our negotiations for Sancho mainly because we're dealing with Dortmund's agents. Chelsea, meanwhile, are directly negotiating with Leverkusen, so they'll get updates quicker, and Leverkusen themselves can send out bits of info to the German journalists.

RkkMan

But other clubs are investing.
Liverpool- Signed a LB for depth likely to sign Thiago likely the gap between us increases
City- Already strengthening in depth and soon will add Koulibaly again gap between us increases
Chelsea- Already made 2 signings before the window opened about to sign Chilwell and Havertz and after a CB and GK will likely overtake us
Arsenal- About to make their 2nd summer signing no chance they have a season as bad as last season the gap between us likely to lessen significantly
Spurs- Have made 2 signings and will likely make more like Arsenal no chance they have a season as bad as last season gap likely to lessen significantly
And I haven`t talked about the likes of Everton/Wolves who can spring surprises
Point is COVID or no COVID we still have the resources to strengthen the team significantly we simply have to find a way to get things done. With other teams already getting down to work this summer is the last one to get complacent or we could very easily have a repeat of the 18/19 season where we went from 2nd to 6th because we didn`t strengthen and get left behind by our rivals and if it happens those on top deserve nothing but hateful, vitriolic, heavy and toxic criticism not excuses being made for them.

Zapata

likelihood of this still happening? kid would massively improve us next season

jackal&hyde

I don't care about the media spin but the situation is changing to "Chelsea about to do a master bla bla" with Havertz, and even if United get's Sancho it's going to be a "finally".This could be the biggest transfer in PL History and it's going to be reported as a "finally" :lol:

cyberman

Is that enough to get me the job to be the United negotiator? :houllier:
Well you dont walk away just in case you feel embarassed. Hell Im a farmer and Ive made many a surprising deal by going low expecting the seller to raise it up and they just accept it right away.
Sometimes you grin and bear it

Status
Not open for further replies.