Jadon Sancho| Staying at Dortmund for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

reddevil80

Sancho's agent will be charging for every page on here shortly!

Nearly 760 pages of us ooohing and aaaahing and incredible speculation.

It's getting more ridiculous than the bloody " Rocky " saga. How are we not fed up yet?

We should forget about our whats, ifs and maybes and just wait to see what Woodward has or hasn't finalised.

Knux

Supports
AIK Stockholm

It's getting more ridiculous than the bloody " Rocky " saga. How are we not fed up yet?

We should forget about our whats, ifs and maybes and just wait to see what Woodward has or hasn't finalised.
You’re not a true muppet!

Anustart89

We have to get this to page 777 before Woodward pulls the trigger!

Kaizane

Don't get why most on here seem to think spending 120 mil on Sancho is as good as dousing it in petrol and putting a light to it, like we'll never see it again. A player as young, marketable and good as him is an investment, who once signed turns into an asset. It's simply a matter of cash flow and balancing the books. Patience, we'll get our shiny new toy soon enough, muppets.

Nobody is paying 50m agent fees so we are within the games parameters.
Don't get why most on here seem to think spending 120 mil on Sancho is as good as dousing it in petrol and putting a light to it, like we'll never see it again. A player as young, marketable and good as him is an investment, who once signed turns into an asset. It's simply a matter of cash flow and balancing the books. Patience, we'll get our shiny new toy soon enough, muppets.
Amazes me how people act like the money is coming out of their pocket.

United are wadded. Much rather the mpney goes on top talent than in the Glazer families pockets.

Only a couple of months ago Ole and Woodward had said United can 'take advantage' of the covid situation in the transfer market

Gambit

Desperately wants to be a Muppet

Tried but the what's, ifs and maybes have me convinced we're signing him in the next 24 hours now.

Denis' cuff

United are wadded. Much rather the mpney goes on top talent than in the Glazer families pockets.

Only a couple of months ago Ole and Woodward had said United can 'take advantage' of the covid situation in the transfer market
file along with:

“ we can do what other clubs only dream of”
”watch this space”
”Disneyland”

cyberman

No, its not out of my pocket but its not comimg out of Utds pocket because we dont have it to spend on 1 player.
50m!!

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach

Do you ever look at the profit and balance figures?

They're rich, but not so rich they can just wad out 120m in one swoop. And certainly not in covid times.

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
Finally some sense!

Why is it so hard to spend a few minutes and read our latest Q3 report? It’s all there in black and white. When you’re on it you can also read our latest annual report. Actually it’s educating and will give you some sort of understanding about our finances. But in order to simplify I can give you the short answer.

Manchester United can’t afford to spend €120m in this transfer window without major player sales.

In the end of Mars 2020 (Q3) our cash reserves was £90m. With Borussia Dortmund’s latest financial statement in mind then we can probably predict similar losses in our fiscal year end in June 2020.

So by all accounts we can probably expect a 50% drop in our cash reserves when Q4 is published. That will mean that MUFC probably have a transfer budget in the region of £50m excluding player sales, probably less.
The purpose of the 140m loan is to cover the estimated COVID revenue losses so we don’t have to use that 90m cash we currently have. I don’t understand why you’ve wiped out 50% of it with that in mind. We’ve also factored the 20m TV rebate into the Q3 report already. You’re also failing to factor in the fact that transfer fees are rarely paid all up front. We’re going to have to be creative with our payment structures and probably insist on up front fees for our outgoings but if we want to do serious business this summer we can, certainly more than 50m net.

Stretender

You dont spend money which you don't have as simple as that. Basic finance lesson that should be taught in schools everywhere. Some football fans don't seem to get this concept. If your job was the only source of income for you and due to covid, you were made redundant. Would you keep on spending on your credit card without knowing how you would pay it back? This same logic applies to football, why can't people understand? Football is not immune.

Womp

idiot
Surely we can spend 120m in one window? All this talk about needing other signings and depth, how you build quality depth is by bringing in players good enough to replace your first 11, which builds competition and relegates a very good player to the bench. Quality over quantity. Signing the best youngster on the planet, might not make us contenders, but neither will signing a heap of good, not great players.

You've got City willing to spend 70m on Koulibaly, after spending 40m or whatever the feck it was on Ake, Chelsea who have already spent a feck load, about to spend 90m on Havertz (not far below Sancho's valuation) and looking to sign Chillwell who would be a record fee for a defender etc.

If we really are skint, why the feck are we even wasting our time on signings like Sancho. There are shrewd signings you can make, stop wasting your time on someone that is unattainable. I could negotiate till the fecking cows came home, fact of the matter is, I couldn't afford a Ferrari. There are signings like Partey, Telles etc. that are affordable and would improve the team. Yet we're headstrong on Sancho which either means, we aren't as skint as people here seem to think or we're genuinely clueless as feck.

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
My guy still says it's on and the delay continues to be ikone from Lille going to Dortmund

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Surely we can spend 120m in one window? All this talk about needing other signings and depth, how you build quality depth is by bringing in players good enough to replace your first 11, which builds competition and relegates a very good player to the bench. Quality over quantity. Signing the best youngster on the planet, might not make us contenders, but neither will signing a heap of good, not great players.

You've got City willing to spend 70m on Koulibaly, after spending 40m or whatever the feck it was on Ake, Chelsea who have already spent a feck load, about to spend 90m on Havertz (not far below Sancho's valuation) and looking to sign Chillwell who would be a record fee for a defender etc.

If we really are skint, why the feck are we even wasting our time on signings like Sancho. There are shrewd signings you can make, stop wasting your time on someone that is unattainable. I could negotiate till the fecking cows came home, fact of the matter is, I couldn't afford a Ferrari. There are signings like Partey, Telles etc. that are affordable and would improve the team. Yet we're headstrong on Sancho which either means, we aren't as skint as people here seem to think or we're genuinely clueless as feck.
Agree, the truth somewhere lies between . Do think we are still very hopeful that this might happen.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
My guy still says it's on and the delay continues to be ikone from Lille going to Dortmund
I remember Ruhr Nachrichten investigating the Ikone rumours, and they found that Dortmund haven't yet made any contacts for him either to he/his agents or Lille. Has anything changed in that regard?

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
No idea that's just what they think. United also getting French left back but he can't remember his name. Assumed it was the air nouri guy but could be the Monaco one.

Status
Not open for further replies.