Jadon Sancho| Staying at Dortmund for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

BayernFan87

Supports
Bayern Munich
How is the media coverage in english newspapers about a possible transfer?

The german press is really, really quiet since Dortmunds "its off" statement.

elnorte

Freaky fly day
I remember Ruhr Nachrichten investigating the Ikone rumours, and they found that Dortmund haven't yet made any contacts for him either to he/his agents or Lille. Has anything changed in that regard?
You're honestly asking that like you believe it?

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
Are the resident muppets having a day off or something today? I saw before that Werder Bremen have said that Milot Rashica has requested a transfer. He's rumoured to be one of Dortmunds targets to replace Sancho.
Also an Aston Villa target so hard to muppet over. Could spell an exit for Grealish though?

Womp

idiot
This is the guy that said Dortmund are looking at Rashica, in reference to my last post. Not sure on his reliability?
Not too sure on the whole reliability tier bollocks pal, wouldn't have a clue :lol: It would make sense though, he doesn't seem too arsed to be sticking around

You dont spend money which you don't have as simple as that. Basic finance lesson that should be taught in schools everywhere. Some football fans don't seem to get this concept. If your job was the only source of income for you and due to covid, you were made redundant. Would you keep on spending on your credit card without knowing how you would pay it back? This same logic applies to football, why can't people understand? Football is not immune.
Gate money is small fry to United. Get a grip.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Do you ever look at the profit and balance figures?

They're rich, but not so rich they can just wad out 120m in one swoop. And certainly not in covid times.
Who could? Only city / PSG probably. It would be nice to know what the genuine hold up is as it’s a huge amount - whether that’s the actual offer or is it just paper talk?

the fact the club hasn’t come out and said they’re moving on is a good thing, seems we’re playing the waiting game at present.

mariachi-19

I may be the devil, but i'm not a monster
You dont spend money which you don't have as simple as that. Basic finance lesson that should be taught in schools everywhere. Some football fans don't seem to get this concept. If your job was the only source of income for you and due to covid, you were made redundant. Would you keep on spending on your credit card without knowing how you would pay it back? This same logic applies to football, why can't people understand? Football is not immune.
When the interest rates are at the current rate and you know you will rebound significantly in the not too distant future, this is exactly when you borrow money to spend if you can.

It really doesn't apply to football and you need to learn to differentiate business spending versus consumer spending. These people are not signed up to hideous interest rates at 20%+ on credit cards.

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
When the interest rates are at the current rate and you know you will rebound significantly in the not too distant future, this is exactly when you borrow money to spend if you can.

It really doesn't apply to football and you need to learn to differentiate business spending versus consumer spending. These people are not signed up to hideous interest rates at 20%+ on credit cards.
Prime or prime plus 1% :cool:

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
How fecking small time do we look if chase him like this and he's like "I can wait a year"?

Feck. Him.

Target players who would be delighted to play for us and can improve the team.

Womp

idiot
How fecking small time do we look if chase him like this and he's like "I can wait a year"?

Feck. Him.

What do you want the guy to do? We aren't close to meeting Dortmund's expectations, why should he put so much value in us, when we clearly don't value him enough to pay what he's worth?

Mr PG

Can't people see....Guardiola knows there are other wingers out there for much better value. If City really wanted Sancho back they could have got him. Got offered Pogba for 89m but decided wasn't worth it either. We'll never build a top team paying this kind of money for players...seriously.

Tiber

Feck. Him.

Feck me. It's not Sancho's responsibility to get the Glazers to stop being cheap.

We should be grateful that one of the top young players in the world wants to sign for United, not demanding he buys a United themed cheerleading outfit before we sign him

Rolaholic

Can't people see....Guardiola knows there are other wingers out there for much better value. If City really wanted Sancho back they could have got him. Got offered Pogba for 89m but decided wasn't worth it either. We'll never build a top team paying this kind of money for players...seriously.
City were never in for him because he reportedly fell out with Pep, like many a player before him, back when he was a youth player under him which led him to starring at Dortmund. If that wasn't the case and he had left on good terms they most definitely would've been in for him.

Its not like they've never spent big on wingers before either, they paid a then record fee for an English player when they bought Sterling at the same age when he similarly fell out with Brendan Rogers at Liverpool and spent another 50m the next summer on Sane who was also 20.

Truly mad that we're using City under Pep as an example of saving money when he's quite literally spent closer to a billion euros in the transfer market in 4 seasons there :lol: :houllier:

el3mel

Feck. Him.

If he pushes for a transfer, BVB don't ower the price and we don't pay at the end he'll be hated by everyone there. He has to choose his position wisely, that's all.

While Dembele forced a transfer by going on missing from training, he was still sold for 100+40m. BVB didn't lower the price back then, so they won't do it now.

This transfer has been all up to us from start, whether we can afford such high value or not.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
1. We won’t pay anything near to 120m for him (our last quoted offer was 70m)
2. Dortmund won’t sell for anything less than 120m, and they are in no rush to sell (They still have 3 years contract and they sold Dembele for higher amount anyway)
3. Sancho won’t mind waiting for another year (he won’t push for move, or hand in any transfer request)

I think deal is off this summer. Let’s come back again in the next one.

Last edited:

RRCE

2. Dortmund won’t sell for anything lower than 120m (They still have 3 years contract)
3. Sanchez won’t mind for waiting another year (he won’t push for transfer request)

Agreed.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
2. Dortmund won’t sell for anything less than 120m, and they are in no rush to sell (They still have 3 years contract and they sold Dembele for higher amount anyway)
3. Sanchez won’t mind waiting for another year (he won’t push for transfer request)

Fecking Sanchez, I thought we got rid of him for good?

Mr PG

City were never in for him because he reportedly fell out with Pep, like many a player before him, back when he was a youth player under him which led him to starring at Dortmund. If that wasn't the case and he had left on good terms they most definitely would've been in for him.

Its not like they've never spent big on wingers before either, they paid a then record fee for an English player when they bought Sterling at the same age when he similarly fell out with Brendan Rogers at Liverpool and spent another 50m the next summer on Sane who was also 20.

Truly mad that we're using City under Pep as an example of saving money when he's quite literally spent closer to a billion euros in the transfer market in 4 seasons there :lol: :houllier:
Most of City money goes to building a large squad. Most they ever paid for one player is 60m.

Suedesi

feck Guardiola

MichaelRed

3. Sanchez won’t mind waiting for another year (he won’t push for move, or hand in any transfer request)

Next summer when other big clubs can afford him we'll have clearly regressed, scaring him off & we'll also not be able to use the lure of CL football. Good one. We finished with 66 points for goodness sake. We're so lucky to even be in the CL and we're looking like signing nobody yet again whilst all our rivals are strengthening left, right & centre.

BorisManUtd

This could easily go on till the deadline day. Frustrating but guess it's like that when negotiating for very good players, Chelsea have been in talks for Havertz for very long too.

Hopefully we find an agreement. Don't want to wait for another year as so many things can change till then.

Chief123

Yeah pretty astonishing example to use when they spent £100m on Mendy and Stones which are pretty much surplus to requirements. And now about to spend £100m on Ake and Koulibaly to fix the same problems.

Chief123

Not sure who the guy is but to be honest I did think this earlier. It’s typical negotiation tactic. Utd could be playing good cop, bad cop making out that Joel Glazer is the one not willing to pay that much even though the rest are happy to buy him. I wouldn’t be surprised if we do the deal eventually. I remember we did something similar when signing Bruno. Joel’s name was banded about making out he didn’t want to pay the amount being asked.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
He's a British journalist and author who wrote several very good articles for the Guardian. Two of his notable books include "A Portrait of an Icon" and a book about Eric Cantona's infamous kick at Selhurst Park.

I'm not sure if he's that involved in transfer stories, but he's a reputed football journalist.

Tincanalley

Turns player names into a crappy conversation
Can the OP @Adnan make sure we get a “White Smoke” thread title (again) once the deal is done. If you please? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.