Jadon Sancho| Staying at Dortmund for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

gorky_utd

£95m loss just in PL games if fans didn't go back this season, that alone would've paid the first and nearly second installment for Sancho. When you factor in Cup games also, you're looking at a huge loss.
Compared to last season, there will be UCL money this season though. My point is, if Sancho is a no then why waste time? Surely, the impact of covid was all ready known to the finance department. Why not strengthen other areas while making cheap moves like perisic loan like bayern did?

Gambit

Desperately wants to be a Muppet
Don't lie, even this has become a chore?:lol:
Muppeting has and never will be a chore. I wish I had more time to dedicate my full muppet juices to the rigorous, frantic task at hand.

Feed Me

I'm hungry
Think the club do still want to do this deal if possible but the figures are making it difficult. Everything else feels on hold as even if we can negotiate a lower price or different structure it's going to massively affect our budget.

Personally feel the club should walk away and spend elsewhere, its just too high a figure given the impact on football from Covid.
I would have no issue with us walking away if it meant that we could get other much needed deals over the line. United aren’t making a hash of the market because they can’t get a fee agreed for Sancho, but rather because they are completely paralysed from doing anything else.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
So what you’re saying is that our rivals have all already made transfer moves? I’m not asking for muppet signings, just some sensible deals that will fill the yearning gaps in our team.
Which I'm sure will come for us too. Our season finished less than a week ago mate. Relax.

Arsenal haven't made any moves which make me worried. Chelsea have but again they have special circumstances. Liverpool have bought a back up left back and City have spent just more than they have brought back in so far.

We will add 1 or 2 players too. They can't play for us till 25th September anyway.

UncleBob

The major issue is that United fuel the fire with their ridiculous press briefings when it comes to these transfer sagas, when it would be more advisable to keep quiet. Hollywood Woodward.
?

what are you referring to

Riz

I would have no issue with us walking away if it meant that we could get other much needed deals over the line. United aren’t making a hash of the market because they can’t get a fee agreed for Sancho, but rather because they are completely paralysed from doing anything else.
Yeh fully agree if this is the case. In order to play the game of chicken with Dortmund and call their ‘bluff’ it’ll require us to continue negotiating right up to the deadline in an effort for them to concede on the fee or structure. With the news that he has 3 years left instead of 2, and the fact that he’s not going to kick up a fuss and will want to knuckle down and play consistently in the lead up to the Euros next summer I don’t think Dortmund are going to panic too much anyway.

Hopefully we have some sort of internal deadline where we walk away if progress can’t be made in order to prioritise alternatives and other targets. Who knows when that may be though.

Skåre Willoch

They`ll both leave IMO Ole seems to have made it clear behind the scenes they both have no futures here Jones hasn`t played a game since January and I saw on Twitter from a credible West Ham account he`s on Moyes` list of CB targets and Rojo`s agent even publicly said he`s looking for a new club for him. We will get offers for them but late in the window is my guess. Romerro has 39 cleansheets in 61 games for Man Utd and an Argentine International at the very least we should get 10m.
Oh, I agree it's clear they both (Jones and Rojo) have no future here, and that they know this themselves. I just don't think it's realistic that we'll find any buyers for them. Either they'll have to go on a free or take drastic wage cuts. Or both.

Romero is tricky. He might fetch some money, but I think even 10m is unrealistic. He's a pure back up where ever he ends up, as he's been most of his career. My bet is no more than €5m. Transfermarkt even has him listed at €2.8m market value. But hey, as I've said before, I don't understand player valuation at all. He might go for £30m for all I know.

Feed Me

I'm hungry
Which I'm sure will come for us too. Our season finished less than a week ago mate. Relax.

Arsenal haven't made any moves which make me worried. Chelsea have but again they have special circumstances. Liverpool have bought a back up left back and City have spent just more than they have brought back in so far.

We will add 1 or 2 players too. They can't play for us till 25th September anyway.
Let’s not forget that Liverpool are starting from a position of strength, so their relative inactivity probably isn’t a useful benchmark.

By the same token as City, we managed to offload some massive Sanchez wages, so hopefully that will help, along with eventual fat trimming with the heap of dross still in our squad.

I am down with being patient to a degree, but you must understand that fans are tired of the nonsense served up by United in the transfer market year after year. We typically either fail with deals or botch them by delaying or overpaying.

It would be nice if we could get the pieces in place in good time so we can hit the ground running. Most of the time our season is over after about four games, whereas if we could add two or three Bruno type players (in terms of impact on the squad) then it could set us up well for the season.

Feed Me

I'm hungry
?

what are you referring to
When you get swathes of journalists all coming out at the same time, it’s clear that a brief has been carried out. Recently there were some very positive ‘developments‘ in relation to the Sancho deal, which have since been countered by the BVB leaning press. It would just be easier to say nothing and not create fan expectancy. Of course, Woodward and Co are probably counting the column inches and including that data in proposals to prospective sponsors to justify bigger commercial numbers.

RkkMan

Oh, I agree it's clear they both (Jones and Rojo) have no future here, and that they know this themselves. I just don't think it's realistic that we'll find any buyers for them. Either they'll have to go on a free or take drastic wage cuts. Or both.

Romero is tricky. He might fetch some money, but I think even 10m is unrealistic. He's a pure back up where ever he ends up, as he's been most of his career. My bet is no more than €5m. Transfermarkt even has him listed at €2.8m market value. But hey, as I've said before, I don't understand player valuation at all. He might go for £30m for all I know.
We found good offers for Evans/Schneiderlin who were just as bad as Rojo/Jones we can defo get offers for the former duo but I reckon Rojo would have to go for a very cheap fee cause of his wages and he has just a year left on his deal hence why I said 5m. Unlike Rojo Jones still has some value. He`s 28 in his "prime" plus he`s English no chance he goes for free there will be mid table clubs in England or abroad(Italy if The Athletic is correct) that will want to gamble with him as he can be decent when fit and a PL/FA Cup/Carling Cup/Europa League winner.
Romero wants to leave apparently cause of playing time whoever he goes to next will be to start not be a back up IMO and like Jones he`s won things at Utd and an International Transfermarkt`s value isn`t always the barometer for player valuations

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Let’s not forget that Liverpool are starting from a position of strength, so their relative inactivity probably isn’t a useful benchmark.

By the same token as City, we managed to offload some massive Sanchez wages, so hopefully that will help, along with eventual fat trimming with the heap of dross still in our squad.

I am down with being patient to a degree, but you must understand that fans are tired of the nonsense served up by United in the transfer market year after year. We typically either fail with deals or botch them by delaying or overpaying.

It would be nice if we could get the pieces in place in good time so we can hit the ground running. Most of the time our season is over after about four games, whereas if we could add two or three Bruno type players (in terms of impact on the squad) then it could set us up well for the season.
" We typically fail with deals" is blatantly untrue.

We've spent the 4th most amount of money since Fergie retired of any club in the world. And that's with us not being in the CL every season either so that's impressive. Our managers have been well backed and always get players in to help them. Now those transfers haven't been very successful overall I will concede so why our fans think keep buying players will change much mystifies me.

Maybe we need to change the people handling transfers before we throw another £150m away.

pascell

Compared to last season, there will be UCL money this season though. My point is, if Sancho is a no then why waste time? Surely, the impact of covid was all ready known to the finance department. Why not strengthen other areas while making cheap moves like perisic loan like bayern did?
Who knows what's going on behind the scenes. It doesn't mean we're not negotiating with teams for players because its not in the press, it was only last night we were linked with a move for Gabriel. Let's see what happens, anything can happen.

Feed Me

I'm hungry
" We typically fail with deals" is blatantly untrue.

We've spent the 4th most amount of money since Fergie retired of any club in the world. And that's with us not being in the CL every season either so that's impressive. Our managers have been well backed and always get players in to help them. Now those transfers haven't been very successful overall I will concede so why our fans think keep buying players will change much mystifies me.

Maybe we need to change the people handling transfers before we throw another £150m away.
Sorry, my wording was ambiguous. When talking about failed deals, I was batching together those that we have failed to get over the line along with those that have just not worked out. We don’t strike me as a club that proactively plans it’s targets and we just panic react once the window opens. I appreciate that’s very simplistic but it’s how it looks to the layman.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff

Comedy relief
"They need to be smart and strategic". Sign a 33 years old striker in decline and a 29 years old injury-prone box-to-box midfielder who has been struggling to remain a starter at Chelsea for 2 seasons in a row, both on insane wages.

Oldyella

Yeah, totally agree.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
When you get swathes of journalists all coming out at the same time, it’s clear that a brief has been carried out. Recently there were some very positive ‘developments‘ in relation to the Sancho deal, which have since been countered by the BVB leaning press. It would just be easier to say nothing and not create fan expectancy. Of course, Woodward and Co are probably counting the column inches and including that data in proposals to prospective sponsors to justify bigger commercial numbers.
But they aren't official Man Utd sources??? Stop making nonsense up

RUCK4444

Do you mean in the sense of United having a lack of ability to deal with multiple deals at the same time? If so I think this is overplayed somewhat.

It's takes us ages but half the battle I'm willing to bet is the fact teams try to shaft us for more than they would other clubs. Which is partly our doing of course.

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
When you get swathes of journalists all coming out at the same time, it’s clear that a brief has been carried out
Its just as likely if not more so that these guys are all just piggy backing on each others 'exclusives'.

Where does this information come from exactly? What is more likely - that they all have high ranking contacts within every major club, or that they are being fed by agents? For me, its unquestionably the latter, and thats fine but its also highly misleading. Don't forget that agents are extremely self-serving and they will have a lot more reasons to use these guys for their own advantages that the clubs ever would.

I find this new twitter culture quite bizarre. Everyone loves a rumour or two but its reached a ridiculous level now, where fans eat this stuff up, believe every word of it, and even form solid opinions based off of it - probably in the same way that people used to do with the newspapers 20 years ago.

Its not unhealthy until you reach the stage where fans are mocking clubs for a lack of conviction over a deal, or penny pinching, or all the other crap that gets said when really we all have absolutely no idea what's going on and we should just wait until the end of a window before we pass judgement.

Feed Me

I'm hungry
Do you mean in the sense of United having a lack of ability to deal with multiple deals at the same time? If so I think this is overplayed somewhat.

It's takes us ages but half the battle I'm willing to bet is the fact teams try to shaft us for more than they would other clubs. Which is partly our doing of course.
I think more the snail pace with which we seem to conduct ourselves in most transfer business. You are right, there is probably an element of us needing to stand out ground in negotiations, but we end up shafting ourselves by not letting players get signed up and settled in at the right time, which leaves us playing catch up. I would just love our business to be done in an organised fashion so new recruits can bed in. I’m sure someone will tell me this isn’t how the football world works but other clubs seem to be better organised than us. Generally the ones that tend to win things.

Feed Me

I'm hungry
Its just as likely if not more so that these guys are all just piggy backing on each others 'exclusives'.

Where does this information come from exactly? What is more likely - that they all have high ranking contacts within every major club, or that they are being fed by agents? For me, its unquestionably the latter, and thats fine but its also highly misleading. Don't forget that agents are extremely self-serving and they will have a lot more reasons to use these guys for their own advantages that the clubs ever would.

I find this new twitter culture quite bizarre. Everyone loves a rumour or two but its reached a ridiculous level now, where fans eat this stuff up, believe every word of it, and even form solid opinions based off of it - probably in the same way that people used to do with the newspapers 20 years ago.

Its not unhealthy until you reach the stage where fans are mocking clubs for a lack of conviction over a deal, or penny pinching, or all the other crap that gets said when really we all have absolutely no idea what's going on and we should just wait until the end of a window before we pass judgement.
I do think it’s patently obvious when there’s been a briefing as opposed to journalists piggy backing. It’ll generally be when they release stories in what appears a stage managed fashion. There’s heaps of examples.

You’re right that journalists will have relationships with agents, as well as buying and selling clubs, so it’s not really about the truth per se but rather delivering the agenda of your source/s.

I don’t do Twitter or any social media, nor do I buy newspapers or subscribe to sites like The Athletic which seems popular. I pretty much take all my information from the Caf.

I think United have been a mixed bag at best in the transfer market way before the advent of social media, but that definitely exacerbates things in terms to how the club’s performance in this area is evaluated by fans.

Inigo Montoya

You should stop being deliberately obtuse and look up how the media world works. Nothing would ever be reported in most industries if we waited for official sources :lol:
How the media world works? Yes, you obviously are really clued up. Like I said stop making nonsense up, 'swathes of journalists' indeed:lol:

UncleBob

christ.

Inigo Montoya

I do think it’s patently obvious when there’s been a briefing as opposed to journalists piggy backing. It’ll generally be when they release stories in what appears a stage managed fashion. There’s heaps of examples.

You’re right that journalists will have relationships with agents, as well as buying and selling clubs, so it’s not really about the truth per se but rather delivering the agenda of your source/s.

I don’t do Twitter or any social media, nor do I buy newspapers or subscribe to sites like The Athletic which seems popular. I pretty much take all my information from the Caf. I think United have been a mixed bag at best in the transfer market way before the advent of social media, but that definitely exacerbates things.
You love your adverbial phrases don't you? :lol:Not one shred of evidence to back up what you say, but you expect us to believe it.

Have you thought about a career in journalism...you're pretty good and saying things...some might actually fall for it!

That last highlighted part sums it up:lol:

Feed Me

I'm hungry
You love your adverbial phrases don't you? :lol:Not one shred of evidence to back up what you say, but you expect us to believe it.

Have you thought about a career in journalism...you're pretty good and saying things...some might actually fall for it!

That last highlighted part sums it up:lol:
I do indeed. If you believe something, you may as well say it with gusto.

Inigo Montoya

Reckon we hit 777 pages by the end of today, so that means we signing him at Midnight tonight! Last signing we did a very late announcement for?

Happy Sancho day everyone!!
For me, it was Fellaini, then I wished I hadn't stayed up to see who we'd signed

Status
Not open for further replies.