Jadon Sancho| Staying at Dortmund for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Feed Me

I'm hungry
Yeah, I don't know why I lost so much sleep over it. Maybe it was because it was Moyes and we'd been linked with Cesc etc then got this lump!
I remember that summer like it was yesterday – and I was on Twitter back then. We had been teased with links to Bale, Fabregas, Thiago and Kroos. We completely ballsed the window up but it seemed like we would get Herrera and Fellaini on the final day and somehow the former would have made the latter more palatable. I’ll never forget my feeling when the Herrera deal fell through and we had a bog brush in a suit grinning next to Moyes at midnight.

SATA

I'm starting to believe both clubs aren't in active dialogue for quite some time with neither side refusing to budge. And our briefings have been pretty negative so far so i think we'll walk soon. Need to get down on alternatives now

Bosws87

I remember that summer like it was yesterday – and I was on Twitter back then. We had been teased with links to Bale, Fabregas, Thiago and Kroos. We completely ballsed the window up but it seemed like we would get Herrera and Fellaini on the final day and somehow the former would have made the latter more palatable. I’ll never forget my feeling when the Herrera deal fell through and we had a bog brush in a suit grinning next to Moyes at midnight.
Don't forget that we waited for the clause to expire so we had to pay more for him :lol:

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Do other clubs suffer from this phenomena whereby a lot of noise is made then it goes quiet for weeks? Seems to happen to us a lot.
Go on other clubs’ message boards. I’m sure there will be anxiety and speculation.

But this one is huge so no surprise

Chief123

Yeah a transfer window to forget. It was an absolute shit show.

I’ve read on a few occasions that the truth behind Thiago saga came out later. Apparently he wanted to come to us but Moyes refused to sign him. Thiago then went to Munich to do a deal with Pep’s Bayern. Apparently when he was about to sign he asked his agent to check again if there was any possibility with Utd. Moyes turned it down a second time as he didn’t think he would fit in. We went on to sign Fellani instead on deadline day. Unbelievable Geoff.

The Herrera deal was a joke. 3 agents who weren’t associated with Utd went to speak to him. They were imposters. It was unbelievable.

Feed Me

I'm hungry

I’ve read on a few occasions that the truth behind Thiago saga came out later. Apparently he wanted to come to us but Moyes refused to sign him. Thiago then went to Munich to do a deal with Pep’s Bayern. Apparently when he was about to sign he asked his agent to check again if there was any possibility with Utd. Moyes turned it down a second time as he didn’t think he would fit in. We went on to sign Fellani instead on deadline day. Unbelievable Geoff.
I don’t even know what to say. I think Moyes’s decision making in this instance pretty much sums up in a nutshell why he should have been nowhere near the club.

pascell

I'm starting to believe both clubs aren't in active dialogue for quite some time with neither side refusing to budge. And our briefings have been pretty negative so far so i think we'll walk soon. Need to get down on alternatives now
Patrici is in London trying to find buyers for Douglas Costa and Bernadeshi, there's your alternatives.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
The major issue is that United fuel the fire with their ridiculous press briefings when it comes to these transfer sagas, when it would be more advisable to keep quiet. Hollywood Woodward.
If anything, Dortmund are the ones who come across as wannabe Hollywood in this case, making a complete ruckus about everything for win a haul of PR trophies.

amolbhatia50k

The Herrera deal was a joke. 3 agents who weren’t associated with Utd went to speak to him. They were imposters. It was unbelievable.
The Thiago one is absurd. How do you struggle to see that player fitting into your team? Fecking Moyes.

Feed Me

I'm hungry
If anything, Dortmund are the ones who come across as wannabe Hollywood in this case, making a complete ruckus about everything for win a haul of PR trophies.
Yes, the German clubs definitely like to make media sound bites. I personally think we are wasting time with Sancho now and should move on. Perhaps we already have.

pascell

Ew. The Douglas Costa links are dreadfully.
If there isn't a breakthrough with the transfer of Sancho by next weekend, I think we'll have no other option but to move onto alternatives like Costa who'd be easily obtainable. We've got a new season to prefer for that starts in 3 weeks, I think Ole would prefer to have his squad for the season sorted before then.

Terminator

I've read someone hear say Woody should be applauded for trying to pull off this deal. :lol:

Maybe we can try for Messi or Ronaldo next? Effort is all that matters apparently, poor old United punching above their weight because of the masterminds at work.

amolbhatia50k

Yes, the German clubs definitely like to make media sound bites. I personally think we are wasting time with Sancho now and should move on. Perhaps we already have.
I don't want to move on :(

I rarely Muppet but Sancho would be just do darn good for us. But yeah, we should either pay up and get the job done, or move on. We cannot afford anything other than a very very good window.

Bogga

Still believe this happens but it will be late in the window as sales have to be made and we won`t make more than one signing after Sancho which will be cheap. The Athletic did say Utd don`t want to exceed a net spend of 50m which is achievable but we`d have to sacrifice signing a CAM as I can`t see us signing an expensive CAM and RW and still achieve this so I could see Lingard and Mata staying as covers for Bruno. I could see something like
Sancho- 108m
Badiashile- 25m Total 133m
Sales
Smalling- 22m(The fee Roma reportedly want to pay add ons included)
Jones- 10m
Rojo- 5-10m
Dalot- 20-25m
Romero- 15m
Pereira- 15m Total 87-97m
That keeps the net spend approximately between 35-50m
That requires us to actually sell players... have you seen how good we are at that? It's like asking a retarded chimpanzee to run a nuclear plant on it's own

mav_9me

The Thiago one is absurd. How do you struggle to see that player fitting into your team? Fecking Moyes.
That should have been a huge red flag on Moyes. Should have asked him before we hired him. What a disaster. Didn't give him time my ass. Gave 9 months or whatever too many.

Feed Me

I'm hungry
I don't want to move on :(

I rarely Muppet but Sancho would be just do darn good for us. But yeah, we should either pay up and get the job done, or move on. We cannot afford anything other than a very very good window.
I would love us to get Sancho but simply refuse to emotionally invest in United any more, especially on transfers. I agree with your final sentence, and would say we can tell how our season will go before the first ball is kicked.

amolbhatia50k

If there isn't a breakthrough with the transfer of Sancho by next weekend, I think we'll have no other option but to move onto alternatives like Costa who'd be easily obtainable. We've got a new season to prefer for that starts in 3 weeks, I think Ole would prefer to have his squad for the season sorted before then.
We really need far better players than him.

amolbhatia50k

I would love us to get Sancho but simply refuse to emotionally invest in United any more, especially on transfers. I agree with your final sentence, and would say we can tell how our season will go before the first ball is kicked.
I just find interesting that we cant cough up the money for this deal. Yes, Covid impact and all that but between this and next summer surely we are going to spend around 250 million either way. That's what we always tend to do (that's conservative), and we have to bridge the gap with Livepool. Unless we're happy watching them reach title number 22 within the next few years, we have to spend.

Feed Me

I'm hungry
I just find interesting that we cant cough up the money for this deal. Yes, Covid impact and all that but between this and next summer surely we are going to spend around 250 million either way. That's what we always tend to do (that's conservative), and we have to bridge the gap with Livepool. Unless we're happy watching them reach title number 22 within the next few years, we have to spend.
I genuinely don’t think the higher ups within the club care about glory beyond CL qualification. We will get briefs as the window closes that Covid has changed the economic reality, which is true to a large degree, but in that case I’d rather have not heard Ole saying earlier in the year that we would still be spending. The biggest thing is that the club never does anything to manage fan expectations.

RkkMan

That requires us to actually sell players... have you seen how good we are at that? It's like asking a retarded chimpanzee to run a nuclear plant on it's own
We sold a couple last summer plus Fellaini in January last year TBF have a strong feeling a couple go this summer as of now Smalling to Roma seems inevitable, Jones/Rojo behind the scenes have clearly let it be known for a while they have no futures here so one way or another they leave even if its late in the window, Pereira and Dalot reportedly seeking moves cause of playing time and with Dean Henderson set to stay Romero who wasn`t happy over being dropped in the EL and FA Cup semis will leave and he`ll have many offers. Would not shock me if Sancho is our only signing mind you

dev1l

This looks dead now....either it s really dead or else the calm before the storm

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
Bayern loaned Perisic when it became obvious that they wouldn’t be able to sign Sané last year. It was a stopgap solution but maybe a possibility for United to explore (Not Perisic himself obviously) if they feel positive about signing Sancho next year.

Kaizane

Calm before the inevitable storm.
Agreed. Deals like this involves knock-on effect transfers, hence the intermediaries IMO , especially when Dortmund always seem to be a step ahead in terms of recruitment, fair play to them.

Godfather

What a shit summer that was. Was it the same when two fake agents turned up acting on behalf of us?

Status
Not open for further replies.