Jadon Sancho| Staying at Dortmund for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Latest threadmark is from the supposed deadline to sign him, 10th of August. I've not been following this too closely - has nothing happened in the last 11 days that's made this more or less likely?

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
Latest threadmark is from the supposed deadline to sign him, 10th of August. I've not been following this too closely - has nothing happened in the last 11 days that's made this more or less likely?
A few shocking revelations from members of the Cafe, but nothing Sancho related.

croadyman

Well that German journo on Stretford Paddock podcast has just crushed many hopes of us signing Jadon

red thru&thru

He has ZERO clue. He's been on a rant about Glazers and not being etc etc and he's interviewed Kieran Maguire today and told him United have spent £900m net post saf!

He argues how poorly the club is run in terms of finances and Kieran totally dispelled this!

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
He says in the fecking tweet, this is based on information I have received in the last 24 hours.
He’s a pleb @Garethw & a total bullshit merchant.
Oh I know he is mate. I didn’t expand the tweet out and only saw the first line where he said that he no longer believed it would happen.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
This will get done on the last week at the window when there’s riots that we’re the only club in England who haven’t signed anyone.

Castia

He has ZERO clue. He's been on a rant about Glazers and not being etc etc and he's interviewed Kieran Maguire today and told him United have spent £900m net post saf!

He argues how poorly the club is run in terms of finances and Kieran totally dispelled this!
Feels like a bargain basement summer to me. We aren’t putting up the Sancho money and the only real other links are Brooks and Gabriel.

I think Bruno was signed using part of this summers budget, it was speculated at the time and with £50m gone looking at previous summer spends there’s not much left.

Womp

idiot
Feels like a bargain basement summer to me. We aren’t putting up the Sancho money and the only real other links are Brooks and Gabriel.

I think Bruno was signed using part of this summers budget, it was speculated at the time and with £50m gone looking at previous summer spends there’s not much left.
Getting those vibes too

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
Dortmund probably wouldn't sell him in the last week, even if we gave them all the money up front.
This is Dortmund. They will sell him at 23:59 on deadline day if the price they value the player at is met.

elnorte

Freaky fly day
Pilip has done ok a couple of times. Obviously he is dismissed as a bullshitter every but as quick as the words of Romano are taken as gospel. But still you never know.

red thru&thru

Well if BvB not willing play ball, then we shouldn't do it. There are no guarantees of finances in the future and we shouldn't jeprodise the clubs and club's staffs future. I don't want us to do an Arsenal...make redundancies and spend millions on players.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Pilip has done ok a couple of times. Obviously he is dismissed as a bullshitter every but as quick as the words of Romano are taken as gospel. But still you never know.
He has his sources, but he distorts his findings with his own opinion. I'd like to know what his findings are exactly rather than his pessimistic view of the findings.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
So after "negotiations 24/24 every day" the fabulous Fab now claims €120m or bust :D

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Has his position on that changed?
Well it so happens that he keeps his positions relatively vague so that's of course subject to interpretation, but to me from "advanced negotiations" and negotiations "24/24" over days to a "pay up or feck off" position is a stark difference. One implies willingness or even a desire to find a compromise the other does not.

RepardReece

Well it so happens that he keeps his positions relatively vague so that's of course subject to interpretation, but to me from "advanced negotiations" and negotiations "24/24" over days to a "pay up or feck off" position is a stark difference.
Advanced negotiations never means they agreed on a fee. Advanced negotiations are negotiating that fee. He's already said we have agreed on personal terms with Sancho and kept to that word even if other reporters are saying otherwise. He's always stated that BVB wants 120million. No difference at all with his comments.

DarkDog

it was always 120 mil euros or nothing. Sancho wanted to join us, Sancho wanted to wear the nr 7 shirt, Sancho agreed wages, Sancho did everything that was asked of him, even said goodbies to BVB teammates.

BVB asked 120 mil eur for him, given that Sancho just had 17 and 17 season right now and they sold Dembele for 145 mil eur after 6 goal 12 assist season. Even some guy called Victor ”who the f is that guy” Osimhen moved for 70 mil eur this window, sorry but i think BVB gave us a bargain price.

But as always Glazers and Ed find a way to royally screw us.

if our club doesn’t have money, if it is all because of covid, then how is napoli and other clubs still doing 70 mil transfers?

we ended up on par with Chelski, whole year it was us against them, Ole vs Lamps, our youngsters vs theirs and now they are backing Lampard and we are doing s* nothing for Ole. Chelsea - Werner, Zyiech, Mbuyamba, Chilwell, Thiago Silva, Havertz. pretty good summer I’d say. at the same time Joel and Ed are looking at helping juve and barca out with their deadwood
if we have got no money, then only Glazers to blame

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Well it so happens that he keeps his positions relatively vague so that's of course subject to interpretation, but to me from "advanced negotiations" and negotiations "24/24" over days to a "pay up or feck off" position is a stark difference. One implies willingness or even a desire to find a compromise the other does not.
You do realise that “negotiations” and “reached an impasse” are not mutually exclusive, right?

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
You do realise that “negotiations” and “reached an impasse” are not mutually exclusive, right?
Reach an impasse at the initial demand after intense negotiations. Let's agree to disagree on this one.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Reach an impasse at the initial demand after intense negotiations. Let's agree to disagree on this one.
But you’re reaching a nonsense conclusion.

I’ll question journalists all day long and I have no allegiance to whatshisface but from what I’ve seen he’s been consistent throughout all the bullshit on this one so to point to him saying they were negotiating as being bollocks because they failed to get anywhere is just silly.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
But you’re reaching a nonsense conclusion.

I’ll question journalists all day long and I have no allegiance to whatshisface but from what I’ve seen he’s been consistent throughout all the bullshit on this one so to point to him saying they were negotiating as being bollocks because they failed to get anywhere is just silly.
Well to me it seems like you negotiate when you're willing to compromise and when your position is set in stone then you don't. From start (German media) to finish (Romano now) Dortmund's reported position was: we want €120m or he stays, what were they talking about when nothing changed in the end? Not to mention that little incident where Romano told his followers about a contract extension/wage adjustment Sancho was supposed to be offered that he actually already signed a year ago.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Well to me it seems like you negotiate when you're willing to compromise and when your position is set in stone then you don't. From start (German media) to finish (Romano now) Dortmund's reported position was: we want €120m or he stays, what were they talking about when nothing changed in the end? Not to mention that little incident where Romano told his followers about a contract extension/wage adjustment Sancho was supposed to be offered that he actually already signed a year ago.
If they’re taking they’re negotiating, and from what I’ve seen he’s been consistent in saying they wanted that price, but United were trying to get agreement on a structure of less than 100% on day one.

I’m not sure what the extension/adjustment thing is about.

pascell

Like I said before, I don't think we have the money for him because of the impact of covid, there's no embarrassment in saying that, it's just the reality. Maybe next summer we'll have the money in place.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
If they’re taking they’re negotiating, and from what I’ve seen he’s been consistent in saying they wanted that price, but United were trying to get agreement on a structure of less than 100% on day one.

I’m not sure what the extension/adjustment thing is about.
I'm referring to this tweet: posted the same day Zorc announced that they had already extended his contract last summer.

Did Romano know about how hard Dortmund would commit to their deadline day? No.
Did Romano know about the contract extension? No.

When everyone (me included) assumed that the transfer would go through he reported of intense negotiations, after the deadline passed and Dortmund made their public stand he switched to "€120m or bust".

I could tell you the same: "United in advanced negotiations with Barca for Messi."

"Barca and United are negotiating 24/24"

Next week I'll tell you: "United either pay asking price, could go either way!"

Please like and retweet.

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
Reckon the reality of the cost has hit home now, and we're looking at what's left in the bargain bin and coming to the glum realisation that they've either been snatched up already or have already played for us.

All honesty, despite the rumour mill being in full swing, there's probably not going to be much transfer action in the league with the exception of Chelsea and City. Basically, sugardaddy clubs coming out on top in financial shite show shock horror.

TsuWave

I'm referring to this tweet: posted the same day Zorc announced that they had already extended his contract last summer.
this is like the second or third time I see you pulling this tweet and every time someone has to tell you that Sancho contract being extended last year, something that Fabrizio also commented on it not being a new contract signed, meaning it was likely an option the club had with the initial terms, is not mutually exclusive with Dortmund offering him new terms this season if he stays.

Why are you struggling to understand this? :confused: Such a bizarre routine

Womp

idiot
Reckon the reality of the cost has hit home now, and we're looking at what's left in the bargain bin and coming to the glum realisation that they've either been snatched up already or have already played for us.

All honesty, despite the rumour mill being in full swing, there's probably not going to be much transfer action in the league with the exception of Chelsea and City. Basically, sugardaddy clubs coming out on top in financial shite show shock horror.
Yep, that's an extremely glum scenario, but seems to be the reality of it all. If we had intention of paying the sum, surely we would have done it by now or at least been making much more of a noise than we have been doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.