Jadon Sancho| Staying at Dortmund for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack-C20

I always cringe a little when people ask him this question over and over and over. Surely if he has news he’ll tweet it out and not wait for someone to ask him.

Having said that, quick someone get onto him and ask him if there’s any updates!!!

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
I'm referring to this tweet: posted the same day Zorc announced that they had already extended his contract last summer.

Did Romano know about how hard Dortmund would commit to their deadline day? No.
Did Romano know about the contract extension? No.

When everyone (me included) assumed that the transfer would go through he reported of intense negotiations, after the deadline passed and Dortmund made their public stand he switched to "€120m or bust".

I could tell you the same: "United in advanced negotiations with Barca for Messi."

"Barca and United are negotiating 24/24"

Next week I'll tell you: "United either pay asking price, could go either way!"

Please like and retweet.
The difference being that he is a football insider with many contacts within the game and has proven this fact many times over, while you're a poster on redcafe with none.

People don't seem to understand that transfers are complicated dynamic deals and not those ridiculously unfunny Ed Woodward exchanges that people keep thinking they've struck comedy gold with.

It is absolutely possible that clubs do negotiate/talk/discuss but hit a roadblock at some point over the discourse. It could have started at 150 million. United could have made offers before Dortmund said 120 or bust. United could have further tried to convince after being told 120 or bust. Me and you aren't privy to how this works o there's no point pretending to be.

I'm not saying X journalist is the Bastian of truth or anything but I equally dislike it when people claim them to know nothing because their desired transfer didn't go through and that journalist said there were talks/things were close (not you in this case).

Womp

idiot
The difference being that he is a football insider with many contacts within the game and has proven this fact many times over, while you're a poster on redcafe with none.

People don't seem to understand that transfers are complicated dynamic deals and not those ridiculously unfunny Ed Woodward exchanges that people keep thinking they've struck comedy gold with.

It is absolutely possible that clubs do negotiate/talk/discuss but hit a roadblock at some point over the discourse. It could have started at 150 million. United could have made offers before Dortmund said 120 or bust. United could have further tried to convince after being told 120 or bust. Me and you aren't privy to how this works o there's no point pretending to be.

I'm not saying X journalist is the Bastian of truth or anything but I equally dislike it when people claim them to know nothing because their desired transfer didn't go through and that journalist said there were talks/things were close (not you in this case).
This. People were berating Fab for saying Silva was close to Lazio only for him to join Sociedad. He was then mocked in this very thread for saying Sociedad came in last minute, claiming he was just covering his tracks. Only for the Lazio president to come out and validate the claims.

It's very clear he has reliable contacts in the game. People seem to struggle understanding that negotiations can fall through

Amarsdd

Is it possible to do this? We ARE in a recession, you know.

you can make a case if you have to buy football shirts for three in your family and have a budget of £90. If you just spend £65 at one go on one United shirt, then you might have to let down the other two family members.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
Right. I'll just say it. This is not happening. We're not as rich as Ed bragged to Klopp. Disneyland? Hah.

The way back to the top is not through big money transfers, it seems, seeing how we're not as minted or at least willing to spend how much other clubs are trying to extort out of us.

The way back will be through good coaching and a recruitment system that allows us to unearth our own Sanchos and whatnot. I'm not sure we have those in place at the moment.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Right. I'll just say it. This is not happening. We're not as rich as Ed bragged to Klopp. Disneyland? Hah.

The way back to the top is not through big money transfers, it seems, seeing how we're not as minted or at least willing to spend how much other clubs are trying to extort out of us.

The way back will be through good coaching and a recruitment system that allows us to unearth our own Sanchos and whatnot. I'm not sure we have those in place at the moment.
Yeah but the rough diamonds we tend to sign for the 1st team these days are the likes of Dalot and Daniel James. I'm struggling to remember the last time we had a signing like Dortmund with Sancho or Bayern with Davies, players signed for reasonable fees who were young and developed rapidly. Plus under Ole all our signings have been well known established ones (other than the terirble James) so I'd be pleasantly surprised if we show genuine inventiveness in the market but I don't expect it. The "off beat" players we've been linked with are Josh King, Brooks, Mcginn, Longstaff etc Urgh.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
We will sign him I think. The saga is way too similar to Maguire & Bruno. United told media to write stories that United doesn’t have money, can only pay 50m, Glazers doesn’t allow the transfer and etc. You can find the same stories in these three saga. We are trying to use aka waste time to convince Dortmund to reduce their price and at the end we end up pay the exact asking price.

Womp

idiot
We will sign him I think. The saga is way too similar to Maguire & Bruno. United told media to write stories that United doesn’t have money, can only pay 50m, Glazers doesn’t allow the transfer and etc. You can find the same stories in these three saga. We are trying to use aka waste time to convince Dortmund to reduce their price and at the end we end up pay the exact asking price.
Difference is, we've gone even further in debt and Covid has fecked our revenue streams. We got cash, just don't have the ambitious owners to be able to justify/back up that spending

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Difference is, we've gone even further in debt and Covid has fecked our revenue streams. We got cash, just don't have the ambitious owners to be able to justify/back up that spending
I think it’s still the same cases. The latest story is that everyone in the club believe 120m euro is worth investment but Glazer doesn’t want to spend. Owner might told Ed to wait while these medias are feeding with stories of us cannot afford him until Dortmund decides to reduce the price but at the end Glazer will let us spend the money.

Ed could have make statement like Bayern, Barcelona and Real that they don’t have much money to buy but he’s not making any and instead all the journalists keep saying that the club believe they can sign Sancho and Dortmund will also need to reduce their price.

I think our signings will be just be Sancho or Sancho plus another 25m-30m player depends how much we are selling.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Yeah. I don't think there's any difference from the point of view of Ed and the board, whether we sign him now or right before the window is closed. Why? they are buyers. Not managers, not fans. If they end up paying the full price should we have the money, at least they could say to themselves 'well, we tried our best to lower it down at least but it didnt work'. In fact, it wouldn't surprise me if that was the kind of excuse Ed told the board when we signed Maguire.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Sorry but you can't draw a parallel between the two. One is a Premier League transfer record and the other is.... buying a shirt less than £100.
I bet you’re a barrel of laughs at a party.

Anyway, good morning everyone and HAPPY SANCHO DAY!

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
I bet you’re a barrel of laughs at a party.

Anyway, good morning everyone and HAPPY SANCHO DAY!
This is exactly the reason why I posted that. I didn't like that kind of pessimistic view on this whole saga, it's like She'd given up on our board and Ed to land him to Manchester, going as far as tagging the club when it's clear you cannot compare buying a shirt to signing Sancho. The window is still open! no need to remind us about the installment 130000 times, we know about it.

Where are the homeowner muppets when you need them? teach these guys about the financial world!

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
This is exactly the reason why I posted that. I didn't like that kind of pessimistic view on this whole saga, it's like She'd given up on our board and Ed to land him to Manchester, going as far as tagging the club when it's clear you cannot compare buying a shirt to signing Sancho. The window is still open! no need to remind us about the installment 130000 times, we know about it.

Where are the homeowner muppets when you need them? teach these guys about the financial world!
A car is probably a better analogue with its limited lifespan; with car accidents/injuries, punctures/niggles --- as opposed to a house's life span, which is almost infinite.

DannyDee

You can pay for a jersey in instalments. Just put it on a credit card. Not that I’d advise buying a jersey if you are so broke you need to pay for it in credit card instalments with the attached interest.

Buying Sancho is more like buying a car or a house. Something you tend to pay for with borrowed money that you pay off over time. Also, closer to a house, it has potential to gain value, rare for a used jersey to be sold at a profit (similar to cars, where there are exceptions for certain collectables). He’s a very young player whose value can raise exponentially.. We aren’t buying a used car and trying to get the last bit of mileage out of it.

The Urban Goose

I'm not concerned about the price of the jersey, I can do things in the club shop others can only dream of.

Right, I'm off to negotiate with the shop for 12 months before buying a cheap replica from the local market.

FizzyWomack

Chelsea are spunking money to their hearts content.

The figure we were said to have had was £150 at the start of the window. Just pay the fecking fee!

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Chelsea are putting us to shame in fairness.
Chelsea have a Billionaire owner that wants to win. We have an owner who wants to make money.

You'll probably find the transfer budget won't stretch as far as buying Sancho AND giving them their usual dividends this summer, so they'll choose no Sancho and take the cash anyway.

reddevilchennai

If no Sancho means we should trend Glazersout in twitter every now and then. Need to find a way to hurt the owners where it counts.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
A car is probably a better analogue with its limited lifespan; with car accidents/injuries, punctures/niggles --- as opposed to a house's life span, which is almost infinite.
So we need a new kind of muppet then, a car owner muppet

arnie_ni

Chelsea have a Billionaire owner that wants to win. We have an owner who wants to make money.

You'll probably find the transfer budget won't stretch as far as buying Sancho AND giving them their usual dividends this summer, so they'll choose no Sancho and take the cash anyway.
They took their dividend this year when covid hit and if they do it again next year without squad investment i think the whole thing will kick of again.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
They took their dividend this year when covid hit and if they do it again next year without squad investment i think the whole thing will kick of again.
With no fans coming into OT they don't give a crap anyway. This is the perfect cover for them to do what they like.

Didn't this happen the last time we reached the CL under Jose? we expected them to invest and kick on, instead we ended up with half what we needed.

it seems like Top 4 is their ultimate goal.

RkkMan

I`m still going to stand by my thoughts the other day that we need to make a certain amount of sales before we finally hit the green light. I remember last summer it was reported we only had 100m to spend and true enough James/AWB were concluded quickly and things went quiet on Maguire until we sold Lukaku. Laurie from The Athletic in July said Utd are aiming to have a net spend of not more than 50m meaning we need to generate sales of at least 58m(to total to 108m) before we can comfortably go for Sancho because as of now there is no secure cash flow to finance such a deal and still manage the club`s expenses. Luckily we are about to get a decent fee for Smalling and we`ll get decent fees for Dalot, Romero and Pereira(Jones/Rojo will get us very little money) after that though I struggle to see how we get another signing

Last edited:

El-Manos

I don’t think we’ve made any progress whatsoever. It’s not looking good. Our summer in general is looking like a repeat of 2018.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund

Well that's the beauty of it. Whereas with football executives people seem to assume they are compulsive liars it's the other way around for journalists who claim to have knowledge with vague statements about basically every big transfer that's going on in the world and people are quick to try and find reasons why contradictions technically could have an innocent explanation.
I mean sure it's possible he was talking about yet another contract extension without mentioning the one that Zorc announced a couple of hours later, it's also possible that it really is true that both clubs had intense talks for two weeks, that both felt confident to find an agreement only for BVB to default to their original asking price (which was communicated by their local sources long before Romano got "involved") after all and United feeling frustrated at the pace of the negotiations. And it could also be coincidence that he's been shadowing Bild's reporting for the most part. Or maybe the person who is living off of retweets and likes may have embellished the truth a bit. Who knows.

Last edited:

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
With no fans coming into OT they don't give a crap anyway. This is the perfect cover for them to do what they like.

Didn't this happen the last time we reached the CL under Jose? we expected them to invest and kick on, instead we ended up with half what we needed.

it seems like Top 4 is their ultimate goal.
That wont be a give since other clubs will strengthen.

Status
Not open for further replies.