Jadon Sancho| Staying at Dortmund for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

0le

He's good but most importantly he just seems unfazed during games. He just goes on the pitch, does his job and looks cool as a cucumber. That's some achievement for a 20 year old.

But I wouldn't want him here, he'd waste his career. It would be nice if he'd move to Barca/Real and be a success there.
Eh? How would he waste a career here? He would start every game on the RW and be our star player alongside Pogba.

Kevin

Nostrodamus of football
He's good but most importantly he just seems unfazed during games. He just goes on the pitch, does his job and looks cool as a cucumber. That's some achievement for a 20 year old.

But I wouldn't want him here, he'd waste his career. It would be nice if he'd move to Barca/Real and be a success there.
Hopefully no good player ever comes to us because we’d be worried about their future and career.

This way we as supporters of Manchester United will sleep like a rose knowing we have saved yet another star’s career from ruin.

Now comes the question whether this genius strategy helps us from ever going forward as a club again but as long as careers are saved we will happily moan on about the mess we are in.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Really don't want him here - Di Maria 3.0

With Dybala, AWB, Maguire and Bruno all joining he should have been eager to join the project. Clearly doesn't fancy a challenge, certainly not with us. Shame we didn't just sign Pepe and get on with it.
Being ever so presumptuous on two of those signings

Rob Bowman

Honestly if we get Dybala and maybe Bruno as well...

And we make top 4 this year...

This could be amazing next summer.

I am not sure, but it seems pretty obvious to me we need a few more pieces to the puzzle. No we do not need every piece immediately hence the idea of Sancho next summer.

But if next summer we looked like....

-----------McT------Pogba-------
Sancho------Dybala-------Rash
--------------Martial------------

With James, Greenwood, Lingard, Mata, Gomes, Fred, and Matic (and maybe Bruno) as reserves... we could start competing at the top again imho.

El-Manos

Continuing this season in fine form. Every club in Europe will be after him. Bigger talent than Malcolm and Dembele in my opinion. Kid is already very consistent for his age.

lsd

The Oracle
We have a new most overrated player in the game now .

ManchesterYoda

Sancho has a shot accuracy of 74%. I don't know of any other player that is anywhere close to that.
Anything over 60% is excellent for a striker. Messi's is 64% for example. 74?!?! :drool:

youmeletsfly

Hopefully no good player ever comes to us because we’d be worried about their future and career.

This way we as supporters of Manchester United will sleep like a rose knowing we have saved yet another star’s career from ruin.

Now comes the question whether this genius strategy helps us from ever going forward as a club again but as long as careers are saved we will happily moan on about the mess we are in.
That's a bit passive aggressive innit?

My post had nothing to do with improving Man United, jesus. I would want the british lad to make it outside of England in a top team, what's wrong with that?
The tunnel vision on some of you is beyond comprehension. Not everything evolves around Man United just because you're a fan of the club.

youmeletsfly

Eh? How would he waste a career here? He would start every game on the RW and be our star player alongside Pogba.
Yeah, sure, competing for top4/6 in England would beat playing for Barca/Real. C'mon, be serious for a moment

0le

Yeah, sure, competing for top4/6 in England would beat playing for Barca/Real. C'mon, be serious for a moment
Having a preference for the spanish clubs is very different to saying he would be wasting his career at United.

Mic

Never bothered to watch anything from this Sancho. Anyway, if I was to bring up 3 important games from the past few months such as: VS Bayern in Bundesliga decider (5:0 humilliation), VS Tottenham in Champions League (5:0 aggregate humilliation), VS Netherlands in Nations League, what did he ever do in those 4 games?

SuperiorXI

He seems to have his head screwed on. Moved out of that shite hole round the corner to go get himself more oppourtunities and show the world how good he is. Last season he did exactly that. Now he's staying at Dortmund to hone is skills rather than moving right away.

He's going to be a phenomenal player.

worldinmotion66

Jesus, 20 year olds obviously need to be the match winning difference in every game to be classed as an outstanding talent these days.

Cantonagotmehere

youmeletsfly said:

Wow, what a post. This place can sure amaze. Waste? Not from a United fan, right? Even still...

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
But United have stuck to the mantra of bringing the right players, not just any player – and were determined to avoid the high profile transfer errors of the past like Angel di Maria and Alexis Sanchez.

Dybala was never Solskjaer's first choice attacking option, with Jadon Sancho the target he set his sights on early in his reign.

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/fo...gy-glazersout-transfer-backlash-a4209196.html

I have no doubt the rumours regarding Sancho will ramp right up as we approach the end of the season, he'll undoubtedly be a target again next summer and one I'm personally glad we passed on others to secure

Kostov

But United have stuck to the mantra of bringing the right players, not just any player – and were determined to avoid the high profile transfer errors of the past like Angel di Maria and Alexis Sanchez.

Dybala was never Solskjaer's first choice attacking option, with Jadon Sancho the target he set his sights on early in his reign.

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/fo...gy-glazersout-transfer-backlash-a4209196.html

I have no doubt the rumours regarding Sancho will ramp right up as we approach the end of the season, he'll undoubtedly be a target again next summer and one I'm personally glad we passed on others to secure
What is the possibility of the transfer actually happening? If we fail to secure top 4, which is very very likely, Sancho won't come you can bet on that. And this obvious brief from the club would be pathetic.

pascell

What is the possibility of the transfer actually happening? If we fail to secure top 4, which is very very likely, Sancho won't come you can bet on that. And this obvious brief from the club would be pathetic.
Slim, very slim. Liverpool, City, Chelsea and others around Europe will be after him.

charlenefan

Well yes it's possible the ability to offer UCL could be the deciding factor. I believe it's the way we ended the season is what put Sancho off rather than where we actually finished. If we have a storming season but miss out on UCL because we're just not good enough I'm not sure that'll be enough to completely kibosh a move for Sancho

We'll see

Sparky Rhiwabon

I can't see it, he'll have no shortage of offers that will be better for his career.

passing-wind

Can't believe how stupid this ridiculous club is, who in their right might plans to buy a player next season when getting champions league football is by no means a certainty? The club should have identified the issue now instead of giving Mata and Lingard caps down the right flank.

Pepe, Brooks or Lozano. There was options this summer. Sancho will not be coming here with another solid season, we have no chance when either:

1. Dortmund want 140 million
2. Every elite club is interested

End of thread

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
Well yes it's possible the ability to offer UCL could be the deciding factor. I believe it's the way we ended the season is what put Sancho off rather than where we actually finished. If we have a storming season but miss out on UCL because we're just not good enough I'm not sure that'll be enough to completely kibosh a move for Sancho

We'll see
I've seen this loads, I don't see how "a storming season" and "miss out on UCL" go together. If you want my view what would be most off putting to a player in the state of flux United are in right now than the performances. The best thing United can do is stick with Ole for at least 2 probably 3 seasons and see where you are.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
Can't believe how stupid this ridiculous club is, who in their right might plans to buy a player next season when getting champions league football is by no means a certainty? The club should have identified the issue now instead of giving Mata and Lingard caps down the right flank.

Pepe, Brooks or Lozano. There was options this summer. Sancho will not be coming here with another solid season, we have no chance when either:

End of thread
Have you been asleep for a week or 2? :lol:

Kostov

We'll see
I think some of you are misunderstanding the meaning of CL football. The general picture of a monster club like Manchester United to not be able to play in the CL is telling of a club run disastrously bad, Sancho would be looking at that and would want to stay clear. It's not like once in 5 years. In the last 6 year we managed to play 3 times in the CL, it's absolute bonkers. We need to make strong strides in a positive direction, which I fail to see us making. And that pains me to say it.

charlenefan

I've seen this loads, I don't see how "a storming season" and "miss out on UCL" go together. If you want my view what would be most off putting to a player in the state of flux United are in right now than the performances. The best thing United can do is stick with Ole for at least 2 probably 3 seasons and see where you are.
Well like you said it's the performances that are key. If we play well for the most part, finish with 75 points but miss out on the UCL then I'd hope players who are monitoring us wont be too put off. If we finish the season like we did last season then obviously we look a right mess and players who are interested in more than their bank accounts may think twice

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
Well like you said it's the performances that are key. If we play well for the most part, finish with 75 points but miss out on the UCL then I'd hope players who are monitoring us wont be too put off. If we finish the season like we did last season then obviously we look a right mess and players who are interested in more than their bank accounts may think twice
But would you not agree stability in your manager would give the players more confidence? Ole needs time no matter how this season turns out.

charlenefan

But would you not agree stability in your manager would give the players more confidence? Ole needs time no matter how this season turns out.
Oh I agree with that as well. I'd hope in the scenario I outlined Ole would be kept on

-Supreme-

I'm confident Greenwood will be given plenty of chances this season as our squad in his position isn't overly crowded

So it'd be interesting to see how he develops and whether we should and need to invest a player like Sancho next summer

BarstoolProphet

Get CL and play attractive football with his mates Rashford, Gomes, Lingard and Greenwood and we could have a chance next summer.

redshaw

I'm not banking on this happening even if we scrape top 4. Who's to say Dortmund won't have a good run in the CL or win the title and he feels he should stay. He could impress other clubs who offer him silly money and better sporting opportunities.

Pogba could be going next summer and we'll have a lot of question marks about who's coming in. The stability is unlikely to be there.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
I'm confident Greenwood will be given plenty of chances this season as our squad in his position isn't overly crowded

So it'd be interesting to see how he develops and whether we should and need to invest a player like Sancho next summer
Greenwood is a striker not a winger

Ikon

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
I'm not banking on this happening even if we scrape top 4. Who's to say Dortmund won't have a good run in the CL or win the title and he feels he should stay. He could impress other clubs who offer him silly money and better sporting opportunities.

Pogba could be going next summer and we'll have a lot of question marks about who's coming in. The stability is unlikely to be there.
Nail. Head. Bang
I think we had a small window of opportunity to sign Sancho, but our relegation form at the end of the season scuppered that chance because we failed to make top 4.
All factors considered, I think we missed the boat.

Infra-red

We'll need Sancho to have a poor season for us to have any chance of landing him. If he has another season like the last one, all of Europe will be in for him and we'll be a long way down the list of suitors.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight

End of thread
Go and support a different team then, sounds like you will be a lot happier. After all, this one is ‘stupid and ridiculous’.

Status
Not open for further replies.