Jadon Sancho| Staying at Dortmund for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Did you really have to put it like that..?

I mean, jeeeeez, do we? :drool:

I’d say if McT & Tuanzebe legitimately stamp their footprints this season with Rashford, Greenwood & Williams also continuing to improve/progress, then maybe in a couple years time with Mengi, Laird, Majbri, we may just have a similar class.

But definitely not at the moment. So yeah back to reality for now, more signings needed King Ed!
That's covering the same ground surely?

crossy1686

career ending
Did you really have to put it like that..?

I mean, jeeeeez, do we? :drool:

I’d say if McT & Tuanzebe legitimately stamp their footprints this season with Rashford, Greenwood & Williams also continuing to improve/progress, then maybe in a couple years time with Mengi, Laird, Majbri, we may just have a similar class.

But definitely not at the moment. So yeah back to reality for now, more signings needed King Ed!

Edit: by similar class I don’t mean, position for position, just aggregate in numbers we may have a solid 6/7 players core to represent our academy.
Yeah I get what you mean, and that’s what I was thinking also.

We’ve currently got about 3 to 4 academy players who play in the first team as regulars. We don’t know how good the next group coming through are.

It would be absolutely amazing if Garner, Levitt, Mengi, Mjebri and Laird made the first team also.

We’re probably about 3 years away from this being a reality however.

EDIT: Phil Neville’s son is pretty much the embodiment of the Neville’s attitude as well. I suspect he’ll get a chance in the first team based on attitude alone at some point.

crossy1686

career ending
VDB, like last week ?
I thought it was an English player for some reason. Neville was there at the time maybe? Can’t remember now, but yeah, it looks like we’re happy to do medicals and stuff while they’re at international camps. Probably easier to avoid the media as well

jymufc20

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
I thought it was an English player for some reason. Neville was there at the time maybe? Can’t remember now, but yeah, it looks like we’re happy to do medicals and stuff while they’re at international camps. Probably easier to avoid the media as well
Yeah, I see no reason why we can't sign him whilst he is with the England squad.

Red Company

Supports
The Peaky Blinders
That's covering the same ground surely?
Sorry, could you elaborate a little bit further on what you mean by that?

I just meant they solidify their spot in the first team and become an integral part of the squad (non-replaceable), while also playing a crucial role when they’re most needed. In terms of reliability, they’re not there yet.
For McT, firstly, avoid injuries, while also truly step up his game and provide Ole selection headaches.
For Tuanzebe, avoid injuries obviously but also prove he’s as good if not better then what we have assumed all this time.

Red Company

Supports
The Peaky Blinders
Yeah I get what you mean, and that’s what I was thinking also.

We’ve currently got about 3 to 4 academy players who play in the first team as regulars. We don’t know how good the next group coming through are.

It would be absolutely amazing if Garner, Levitt, Mengi, Mjebri and Laird made the first team also.

We’re probably about 3 years away from this being a reality however.

EDIT: Phil Neville’s son is pretty much the embodiment of the Neville’s attitude as well. I suspect he’ll get a chance in the first team based on attitude alone at some point.
I wasn’t even aware he was sorta coming through the ranks! If the talent is there, he’ll definitely make it!
Attitude won’t be a problem like you said, specially cuz I think he was probably born with it as that is something generic in the Nevilles’ :lol:

AneRu

Good post. Getting "fleeced" twenty years ago was paying 30 million for Rio, now it's paying 120 million for Sancho. That's life, Dortmund can name any price they want. The question is do we want to win trophies or not? Because this guy is the real deal and he'll be worth every penny.
This is not the deal to take a stand on you just take advantage of the opportunity to sign him with no competition and seal the deal. Do the house cleaning later by selling the likes of Lingard, Jones et al but first get Sancho through the door.

We once walked away from the Hazard signing and what good did that do us when just two years later we were spending double on Di Maria looking for what Hazard offers? Had we signed Hazard then we wouldn't have had to sign Mata, Di Maria or Memphis. Same will happen here, we will end up spending £150m on three average wingers in the £50m price range over the next few summers and the kick in the teeth is that Chelsea or Liverpool will sign Sancho next season.

Blzbud

I wasn’t even aware he was sorta coming through the ranks! If the talent is there, he’ll definitely make it!
Attitude won’t be a problem like you said, specially cuz I think he was probably born with it as that is something generic in the Nevilles’ :lol:
Unfortunately, the talent isn’ there and all the attitude in the world ain’t going to change that. By way of comparison, he makes his Dad look like Paulo Maldini as far as talent goes. Honestly, from what I’ve seen of him, he’s one of the poorest players to represent our U18’s in living memory. I’d happily eat my words in a couple years, although I would probably choke on them from the sheer shock.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
With Havertz going to Chelsea for 71m (top young AM in the Bundesliga), and Wermer for 50m (top young striker), maybe 90m is enough to convince Dortmund for Sancho? (top young wing forward)

Varun

Staff
This is not the deal to take a stand on you just take advantage of the opportunity to sign him with no competition and seal the deal. Do the house cleaning later by selling the likes of Lingard, Jones et al but first get Sancho through the door.

We once walked away from the Hazard signing and what good did that do us when just two years later we were spending double on Di Maria looking for what Hazard offers? Had we signed Hazard then we wouldn't have had to sign Mata, Di Maria or Memphis. Same will happen here, we will end up spending £150m on three average wingers in the £50m price range over the next few summers and the kick in the teeth is that Chelsea or Liverpool will sign Sancho next season.
Bang on. There's 0 sense in walking away on deals for the Sanchos of this world only to then sign average dross for solid money. Maybe if we didn't hand out contracts like candies to Mata Jones Lingard Rojo etc, we'd have the money to get this through.

Reactions: Mciahel Goodman

laughtersassassin

Sancho is playing in a better side and WTF does the age difference count for.
The simple truth is if we do not want to get continually rinsed by clubs aka Maguire then we take a stand and walk away.
Well of all the deals we have got rinsed for this isn't the one is it. Havertz fee is rising to 100 million Euro. 120 for Sancho is a better deal.

Red Company

Supports
The Peaky Blinders
Unfortunately, the talent isn’ there and all the attitude in the world ain’t going to change that. By way of comparison, he makes his Dad look like Paulo Maldini as far as talent goes. Honestly, from what I’ve seen of him, he’s one of the poorest players to represent our U18’s in living memory. I’d happily eat my words in a couple years, although I would probably choke on them from the sheer shock.
:lol:

laughtersassassin

Where do you get this from?
From every source I read today, his fee is rising up to 71m pounds
From Matt Law who is Chelsea's mouthpiece but from Germany it's saying rise to 100 million so who knows.....

Either way the point in moot. Sancho is a hell of a lot better than Havertz at the minute so it rightly won't effect their valuation of him.

We have been chasing Sancho since the moment the was trying to leave City. To miss out on him and have a poor summer will be something we will really regret and sooner rather than later.

Can't keep letting ourselves stagnate. We also have a history of our managers saying the club won't buy them their top targets and we already know of a few like that under Ole.

Chief123

Using RedCafe logic, Dortmund should sell Sancho to us for £60m because Ajax sold VDB to us for £40m. :lol:

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
The most reliable German sports news paper reported it. And they went into detail regarding the contract. It sounded as if they had a source that knew the exact phrasing. Said that the initial fee is around 80m € and that it could rise to 100m with add ons. Those add ons are not dependent on Chelsea winning titles and will become due with "probability bordering certainty". As I said, the report was very specific. Much more so than the English articles I've seen. It's also more in line with what's been reported since months.

crossy1686

career ending
Yep, Harvey Neville. He plays in the same team as Mjebri and the others.

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
Using RedCafe logic, Dortmund should sell Sancho to us for £60m because Ajax sold VDB to us for £40m. :lol:
Hopefully not, Sancho is worth £120M even post-covid, United will cough up the money I'm sure

Kuba

Happy Sancho Day My Fellow Muppets
Happy Sancho day :devil:
Happy Sancho Week!
Merry Sancho day one and all.
Happy Sancho Day! Can‘t wait he is ours.
Happy day of Sancho!!! :devil:
The 7th is 2 days away....

Happy Sancho day!
The Obligatory Happy Sancho day...feel it in my bones..
Big day today
FFS it is spreading like a disease.

now i know what STD stands for...

Sancho The Day/ Sancho ToDay
and it spreads when your cock (can I write that?) is out...

maybe it should get back in ?

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
71m pounds is just the initial fees. 100m euro is the total after the adds on.

So Sancho won't be 90m for total fees unfortunately.

LuckyScout78

Like i said before. I would not pay more for Sancho than Pogba. Pogba a regular and big player of Juventus. World champion for France. The price was world record back then around...89,3 mill £ + bonus. Sancho is a really good football player. But Pogba back did achieved more. So the max price for Sancho is 90 £ mill + add on. If not i will looking for another really good RW options out there for another year.

Example of one to keep eyes on Juventus upcoming Dejan Kulusevski from Sweden on loan to Parma from Juventus, age 20 (2000). So there are really good RW options out there.

I dont think United will not win premier league or champion league next season. So wait another year to spend big and be patient is key.
Let Chelsea spend a lot of money to go in the battle with Liverpool and City this season or next. Then United shall be aim for league title about 2-3 years time from now. United need 2-3 years time to be solid and consistent like Liverpool and Bayern Munich. So jumping in the same boat as Chelsea. To fight against your rival and enemies. When they are at the most powerful and peak or golden Era. It is not the smartest move. Be smart with the transfer and be smart with the time you hit your rival the strongest. It is when they golden era is on the way down.
Like City. Withouh first Yaya Toure, Kompany and now Silva and in the future Aguero. City are looking like they are on the downfall. Only De Bruyne keep City up. Not Pep.

United can do with Greenwood, De Beek and Mata as RW options for another season. Aiming for as most points and win as possible next season. Then we count up in the end of the season. Just points goals. Playing for winning every match.

About Dejan Kulusevski. He might start for Sweden against France tonigth at 20.45. As RW/RM. So one to watch out beside Sancho. A really talent and skillful football player and RW. Up against France and world champion and top level. The boy has that level. A player pleasure to watch.

United58

FFS it is spreading like a disease.

now i know what STD stands for...

Sancho The Day/ Sancho ToDay
and it spreads when your cock (can I write that?) is out...

maybe it should get back in ?
It's a Sancho denier! Get him!!

starman

71m pounds is just the initial fees. 100m euro is the total after the adds on.

So Sancho won't be 90m for total fees unfortunately.
That's a post from 30th August, the majority today (after he's actually signed) are saying 71 including add-ons. Sky are saying 75m

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
Like i said before. I would not pay more for Sancho than Pogba. Pogba a regular and big player of Juventus. World champion for France. The price was world record back then around...89,3 mill £ + bonus. Sancho is a really good football player. But Pogba back did achieved more. So the max price for Sancho is 90 £ mill + add on. If not i will looking for another really good RW options out there for another year.

Example of one to keep eyes on Juventus upcoming Dejan Kulusevski from Sweden on loan to Parma from Juventus, age 20 (2000). So there are really good RW options out there.

I dont think United will not win premier league or champion league next season. So wait another year to spend big and be patient is key.
Let Chelsea spend a lot of money to go in the battle with Liverpool and City this season or next. Then United shall be aim for league title about 2-3 years time from now. United need 2-3 years time to be solid and consistent like Liverpool and Bayern Munich. So jumping in the same boat as Chelsea. To fight against your rival and enemies. When they are at the most powerful and peak or golden Era. It is not the smartest move. Be smart with the transfer and be smart with the time you hit your rival the strongest. It is when they golden era is on the way down.
Like City. Withouh first Yaya Toure, Kompany and now Silva and in the future Aguero. City are looking like they are on the downfall. Only De Bruyne keep City up. Not Pep.

United can do with Greenwood, De Beek and Mata as RW options for another season. Aiming for as most points and win as possible next season. Then we count up in the end of the season. Just points goals. Playing for winning every match.

About Dejan Kulusevski. He might start for Sweden against France tonigth at 20.45. As RW/RM. So one to watch out beside Sancho. A really talent and skillful football player and RW. Up against France and world champion and top level. The boy has that level. A player pleasure to watch.
Pogba is a midfielder who was worth every penny of his £90 million. Sancho is a winger, English and 20 years old and is worth every penny at £109 million. Both would be outstanding deals for the club.

Posh Red

Sorry, could you elaborate a little bit further on what you mean by that?

I just meant they solidify their spot in the first team and become an integral part of the squad (non-replaceable), while also playing a crucial role when they’re most needed. In terms of reliability, they’re not there yet.
For McT, firstly, avoid injuries, while also truly step up his game and provide Ole selection headaches.
For Tuanzebe, avoid injuries obviously but also prove he’s as good if not better then what we have assumed all this time.
The poster was making a joke about your phrasing as it was slightly off

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
Preparing a bid
Eds out of yellow ink on his Epson printer so he's just ordered some it should be delivered by tomorrow, and he just subscribed to Grammarly so the intonation on his contract doesn't sound too aggressive.

STaphouse

Supports
Reading
With Havertz going to Chelsea for 71m (top young AM in the Bundesliga), and Wermer for 50m (top young striker), maybe 90m is enough to convince Dortmund for Sancho? (top young wing forward)
Doubt it. They want 120m.

In Rainbows

Pogba wasn't a world champion with France at the time. He won the World Cup while he was already a United player. And yes, he did achieve more because Pogba was older when he was sold, and playing for Juve. Pogba was also a midfielder, and attackers tend to be sold for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.