Jadon Sancho| Staying at Dortmund for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cliche Guevara

I’m not really sure about the various different rumors today, but the share price news is the biggest indicator to me. For those who are not familiar, 9% daily spike is fecking huge and, pretty much, never happens without a reason/ big news.
Do you know anything about the stock market because it looks like that’s not the case.

United’s share price dives around like this fairly regularly and current share price is significantly lower than the high of the last twelve months.

Additionally the alleged spike at the time of the Bruno transfer didn’t happen either.

For example on 16th March the share price dropped by 8.9%

On 23rd March it jumped up by 12%

Last edited:

SwedishFish

I’m not saying it’s anything to write home about, but have seen the shit kids wear nowadays? It will sell. I do think the deal will be done by Saturday for Sancho.
It doesnt pose that significant of a raise in stock value. It's a shirt.

Nori-

The latest is Uniteds share price has jumped up 8% today which normally indicates a big transfer is incoming.

Here we go.......

El Presidente

Do you know anything about the stock market because it looks like you’re talking bollocks.

United’s share price dives around like this fairly regularly and current share price is significantly lower than the high of the last twelve months.

Additionally the alleged spike at the time of the Bruno transfer didn’t happen either.
Considering that I trade regularly on the market, yeah I know what I’m talking about. Now, I’m not familiar with Man United’s stock volatility in particular, but a quick google search showed that it pretty much hasn’t changed for the past month. All of a sudden, 9% increase without any significant news around the club. Furthermore, the market is in huge turmoil right now and companies like Tesla, Facebook, Apple are plunging like there’s no tomorrow.

I’m not saying that means that Sancho is a done deal. It’s just that this activity on our stock is highly unusual and it must mean something.

edit: I’ve just seen the edit. So you’re telling me that our price has dropped in the beginning of a pandemic during the biggest market crash for the past 12 years? And then rebounded a week later with the rest of the market? Yeah.

Reactions: Sultan

Cliche Guevara

Considering that I trade regularly on the market, yeah I know what I’m talking about. Now, I’m not familiar with Man United’s stock volatility in particular, but a quick google search showed that it pretty much hasn’t changed for the past month. All of a sudden, 9% increase without any significant news around the club. Furthermore, the market is in huge turmoil right now and companies like Tesla, Facebook, Apple are plunging like there’s no tomorrow.

I’m not saying that means that Sancho is a done deal. It’s just that this activity on our stock is highly unusual and it must mean something.

edit: I’ve just seen the edit. So you’re telling me that our price has dropped in the beginning of a pandemic during the biggest market crash for the past 12 years? And then rebounded a week later with the rest of the market? Yeah.
I know absolutely nothing about the stock market and simply looked at United’s share value every day for the last year.

Basic research.

This happens regularly 11% on November 26th was a good one.

And not to mention the fecking bollocks spouted about transfers being announced to the stock exchange. We have to put up with some amount of nonsense regarding United transfers.

USREDEVIL

One thing i've been wondering is that if we aren't signing Sancho who is basically a huge need for us (no offense to Greenwood who looks very promising) then why are we spending 40m or so on VDB, who with all due respect is a great buy, but not anywhere near the same need as with Sancho. It's over 1/3 the price. And us lot would forgive not getting VDB and even anyone else during this transfer market so long as we do eventually get Sancho. Just a thought.

westmeath

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
9% share price rise is bizarre. It was a rough day in markets generally. If it is related to a big transfer then that means there is wholesale insider dealing going on.

crossy1686

career ending
The share stuff doesn't make any sense at all.

Anyone looking to make money on this transfer would just whack a bet on, they wouldn't call up a broker to buy shares at $16.36 a pop to make about a 10% return on their investment if they're lucky, and that's excluding commission.

He's 4/6 to join United this window. I could stick £30k on and return £50k this week if I had inside knowledge.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund

Leaving aside that they apparently interpret a 0.086% change for the day as "rocketing up", do they actually think that mandatory shareholder briefings are something secret? Definitely one of the more "special" tweets.

Chief123

9% share price rise is bizarre. It was a rough day in markets generally. If it is related to a big transfer then that means there is wholesale insider dealing going on.
Surely if they told the shareholders they wouldn’t be allowed to act on it anyway?
The share stuff doesn't make any sense at all.

Anyone looking to make money on this transfer would just whack a bet on, they wouldn't call up a broker to buy shares at $16.36 a pop to make about a 10% return on their investment if they're lucky, and that's excluding commission.

He's 4/6 to join United this window. I could stick £30k on and return £50k this week if I had inside knowledge.
I follow the stock markets as well as the crypto markets regularly. Been into trading for a few years now.

With regards to price making significant moves such as 9% in a day. There are two elements as to why price moves on a stock. Fundamental & Techincal.

Technical - This is simply price action moving based on the charts, chart patterns, price hitting key levels where traders are likely to buy or sell. This is simply trading based on how the charts look and using indicators to predict where the price will go next.

Fundamental - This is basically something external to the charts that has had an impact on the price. It could be partnerships, sponsorship deals, potential transfers etc. It’s basically news encouraging people to buy or sell.

Today’s Utd stock price opened up 9% higher than the price it closed at yesterday. So basically there were buyers awaiting as soon as the markets opened.

Looking at the charts there was no “technical” reason that I can see for the price to go up. If anything, the chart pattern suggested the price should go further down. Also the rest of the stock market in general was pretty crap today and everything tanked in price. Tesla dumped hard about 20%.

So basically the price spike has to most certainly be for a fundamental reason. Could it be investors getting wind of potential Sancho signing? Possibly. It’s the only logical reason that would impact the price in such a spike in one day in my view.

The 3rd kit being released is personally for me not significant enough reason to have such a spike. Otherwise this would have reflected across every club releasing their kits. We have to remember as well that the revenue from Kit sales mainly goes to Adidias. Utd only make a fraction on each sale of Shirt I believe.

A key point to note is that the price may have spiked up because investors are taking a punt that Sancho is about to sign and therefore speculating that the price will go up even further if they were to buy the stock now.

It is possible someone who’s a trader has got information from a trusted source on the inside. However it must be noted insider trading is illegal and punished severely. However it’s also very difficult to prove a trader has acted upon a stock after hearing from an agent a certain deal is about to be done.

What I will add is the amount of volume of the Utd stock that has been traded today has been the most for over a month. That basically means its been the most amount of shares swapping hands since over a month ago.

We will see if it means anything soon!

0le

I follow the stock markets as well as the crypto markets regularly. Been into trading for a few years now.

With regards to price making significant moves such as 9% in a day. There are two elements as to why price moves on a stock. Fundamental & Techincal.

Technical - This is simply price action moving based on the charts, chart patterns, price hitting key levels where traders are likely to buy or sell. This is simply trading based on how the charts look and using indicators to predict where the price will go next.

Fundamental - This is basically something external to the charts that has had an impact on the price. It could be partnerships, sponsorship deals, potential transfers etc. It’s basically news encouraging people to buy or sell.

Today’s Utd stock price opened up 9% higher than the price it closed at yesterday. So basically there were buyers awaiting as soon as the markets opened.

Looking at the charts there was no “technical” reason that I can see for the price to go up. If anything, the chart pattern suggested the price should go further down. Also the rest of the stock market in general was pretty crap today and everything tanked in price. Tesla dumped hard about 20%.

So basically the price spike has to most certainly be for a fundamental reason. Could it be investors getting wind of potential Sancho signing? Possibly. It’s the only logical reason that would impact the price in such a spike in one day in my view.

The 3rd kit being released is personally for me not significant enough reason to have such a spike. Otherwise this would have reflected across every club releasing their kits. We have to remember as well that the revenue from Kit sales mainly goes to Adidias. Utd only make a fraction on each sale of Shirt I believe.

A key point to note is that the price may have spiked up because investors are taking a punt that Sancho is about to sign and therefore speculating that the price will go up even further if they were to buy the stock now.

It is possible someone who’s a trader has got information from a trusted source on the inside. However it must be noted insider trading is illegal and punished severely. However it’s also very difficult to prove a trader has acted upon a stock after hearing from an agent a certain deal is about to be done.

What I will add is the amount of volume of the Utd stock that has been traded today has been the most for over a month. That basically means its been the most amount of shares swapping hands since over a month ago.

Interesting post, thank you for sharing your insight.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
But the only investors that know about it would be those involved with Dortmund, so if it’s them, it would be super obvious we’re dealing with insider trading, surely?

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
Purely from a financial point of view, why would spending 120m on a player help? It's obviously great for football and us fans, but as much as I hate it, the incremental cash flow from a player that expensive isn't likely to be positive.

It's more likely to be due to some change in refinancing options or similar.

Chief123

But the only investors that know about it would be those involved with Dortmund, so if it’s them, it would be super obvious we’re dealing with insider trading, surely?
It could be anyone mate. It would be hard to prove if insider trading has gone on unless it’s a Utd staff member or Dortmund staff member. If an agent has leaked out that a deal is done and the news spreads, people will act on it in trading.

Of course it could just be the normal retail trader like myself buying the stock because I’ve heard on Twitter that Utd signing Sancho is likely. Anyone’s guess at the moment.

The only certain fact we have right now is that Utd stock rising 9% in one day is very signticant especially when it’s against rest of the market in general which has completely tanked in the opposite direction.

Chief123

Purely from a financial point of view, why would spending 120m on a player help? It's obviously great for football and us fans, but as much as I hate it, the incremental cash flow from a player that expensive isn't likely to be positive.

It's more likely to be due to some change in refinancing options or similar.
By investing in a highly talented player, you are obtaining a player that might cost 120m in the long run but he’s potentially adding value to the business. He would attract a new/bigger fan base as you have a lot of fans who just support players nowadays. He would potentially bring more success to the team which means more revenues and more profits. He would potentially attract better players to the club. It’s all a knock on affect.

Its regarded as an investment. Just like you would spend money to buy new stock in a business in order to generate more profits and add more value to your business further down the line.

USREDEVIL

You’re welcome Pal. It’s certainly something I’m looking at positively with regards to the Sancho signing. :)
Good analysis (majored in finance and law).
It could be anyone mate. It would be hard to prove if insider trading has gone on unless it’s a Utd staff member or Dortmund staff member. If an agent has leaked out that a deal is done and the news spreads, people will act on it in trading.

Of course it could just be the normal retail trader like myself buying the stock because I’ve heard on Twitter that Utd signing Sancho is likely. Anyone’s guess at the moment.

The only certain fact we have right now is that Utd stock rising 9% in one day is very signticant especially when it’s against rest of the market in general which has completely tanked in the opposite direction.
I generally agree with your financial analysis but there'd need to be a fairly good amount of traders with the right info, or someone making a big move (putting himself up for scrutiny) to make it move 9%.

manunited1919

The most likely reason United’s stock is up: the market is tanking and they love low beta stocks which don’t move along with the rest of the market.

El-Manos

Great post and I hope you're right.

Status
Not open for further replies.