Jadon Sancho| Staying at Dortmund for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

SwedishFish

feck Jan-Aage, he just latches on to all news and repeats the mantra given to him by Dortmund.

The big bid is coming Jan and when it does I hope we never have to endure another transfer saga with your boring tweets again.

manutddjw

Just when I thought I was out. They pull me back in.

Seriously I was about to post in the Bale thread that I think we’ll get a stop gap and go for Sancho next summer. I’m back on the muppet train for Sancho.

RedStarUnited

So let me get this straight, a day after the leak about his bonuses we suddenly have 'breakthrough' in the contract? haha

Chief123

Regardless of what happens, I can't believe we had fans claiming the deal was dead. The deal was never dead till Utd pulled out.

VanGaalEra

So let me get this straight, a day after the leak about his bonuses we suddenly have 'breakthrough' in the contract? haha
Basically, maybe all parties knew beforehand this was all sorted and they’ve just been dragging it in the media to keep attention up.

Skeezix

So, Romano was right all along. Agent fees were not the problem, but it was actually briefed as such by United so that Sancho could collect his bonus.
From United side, it was actually better to brief as Agents holding up the deal, instead of blaming Dortmund for it. The Agents pockets will be lined up with proper money in the deal anyway and they have thick skin.
Nothing to lose in terms of reputation for the agents compared to the backlash either United or Dortmund would face from their fans.

SanchooONNN like Donkey Kong.

mu4c_20le

Lower than what? the 80-20-20 thing?
Yeah they'll make it happen somehow, as long as they get their 120m in the end. The early stuff feels like total PR now, because they knew the deal was in the early stages and wasn't going to happen before their 'deadline'.

BristolRuss

Do you think Woody just watches for when threads reach nearly 1000 pages on here before pulling the trigger?

FizzyWomack

You heard him!
:lol:

We’ve been waiting long and hard for him!

Yeah I’ll stop now.
Just when I thought I was out. They pull me back in.

Seriously I was about to post in the Bale thread that I think we’ll get a stop gap and go for Sancho next summer. I’m back on the muppet train for Sancho.
Welcome aboard sir, on your left you can find your allocated seat and number. Refreshments shall be served from one of our dedicated muppets.

Please fasten your seatbelts.
Regardless of what happens, I can't believe we had fans claiming the deal was dead. The deal was never dead till Utd pulled out.
I love your confidence and enthusiasm. In fact I admire it!

So what are we making of this new Romano tweet? It’s nothing new. Can someone shed some light as to why it’s positive news?

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Has to be done, utd won't pay the amount if james robson is right and dortmund won't sell for less than 120m euros
Don't worry about much of what James Robson says. He tends to be quite speculative. He's basing his views on United's prior stance that COVID-19 will impact their overall transfer spending.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
that's exactly what the Icelandic stunner said.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
So what are we making of this new Romano tweet? It’s nothing new. Can someone shed some light as to why it’s positive news?
It doesn't reveal much in terms of developments, but it does highlight that Sancho's quite keen on joining us, so that should curtail any talk about Sancho not being too interested in playing for us.

Withnail

Yeah they'll make it happen somehow, as long as they get their 120m in the end. The early stuff feels like total PR now, because they knew the deal was in the early stages and wasn't going to happen before their 'deadline'.
Oh I'd say so. Yeah that dead-line talk always smacked of hard-ball posturing.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
I'm confident Dortmund will accept a lower fee up front.
They will end up accepting something lower but close to the asking price and some unrealistic bonuses which take it ”over”.

Dortmund will play it as a win in the press and pretend they played us like a fiddle, the English press will lap it up and dick heads on here will spend the next few years saying “wHY diDnT we JUst PaY it iN jULy?”

TheMod

This will be done before the start of our first game, by next Friday 18th Sept...mark my words :drool:

Vault Dweller

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
They will end up accepting something lower but close to the asking price and some unrealistic bonuses which take it ”over”.

Dortmund will play it as a win in the press and pretend they played us like a fiddle, the English press will lap it up and dick heads on here will spend the next few years saying “wHY diDnT we JUst PaY it iN jULy?”
So accurate.

Status
Not open for further replies.