Jadon Sancho| Staying at Dortmund for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rolaholic

Did Chelsea pay EUR90m for Havertz? I perfectly understand that we are not prepared to pay 120m for Sancho who is eager to return to England. Is Sancho really the bigger talent?
The difference in price is that Sancho is the bigger talent and he's English.

In 2 seasons at Dortmund he's got more G+A combined, than Havertz did for Leverkusen, in 40 less appearences than Havertz and is younger...

English players will always be sold at a premium to English clubs and he's got the higher ceiling so the price is fair in my eyes. Lesser players have been sold for more than 120m in recent years

Knux

Supports
AIK Stockholm
Didn’t know Dortmund pay him £190k/week. That’s very much for Dortmund isn’t it? Especially in ’rona times.

Chief123

Did Chelsea pay EUR90m for Havertz? I perfectly understand that we are not prepared to pay 120m for Sancho who is eager to return to England. Is Sancho really the bigger talent?
I've watched them both play enough times. Havertz is a brilliant player and it would not surprise me if he goes on to be a world class player in the Premier league. But yes, Sancho is a bigger talent and is already producing at a higher level.

crossy1686

career ending
More like riots and rightfully so.
Being upset about this not happening is like having a tantrum on Christmas day because your parents didn't sell the house to get you that present you wanted. Anyone outraged needs to have a word with themselves.

As long as we do sign two or three more players all should be well.

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
There could be big implications for doing these types of deals. This is why Real are fecked in the transfer market this summer. They didn't predict corona and now they're stuck with the bill and a big stadium rebuild project.
Fecked in the window,
Being upset about this not happening is like having a tantrum on Christmas day because your parents didn't sell the house to get you that present you wanted. Anyone outraged needs to have a word with themselves.

Two or three? Our season starts in a week! It's Sancho or no one now.

Irwin99

It would be far from ideal. Of course the representatives at Dortmund are well aware of this which is why they established a deadline by which a transfer would have had to be finalized.
I'd be pretty annoyed in their shoes as well. I wonder if any club other than Inter actually likes doing business with us :nervous:

Jude Bellingham is his name. Great prospect.
[/QUOTE]

Bellingham is a central midfielder though I thought? Not exactly a like for like swap.

Swarm

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Ties into what Falk has reported, that Dortmund will let him go if the price is met due to their promise to the player, but they genuinely don't believe we will end up paying what they want, hence no pressing need to pursue a replacement
Falk may have insight into Bayern's transfer dealings but he doesn't know shit about Dortmund. I believe he is about as clueless as any on the british journalists but those may have some intel from United's side. If you ask me Dortmund want to be paid anything but of course this is also just my interpretation of the information presented in the media.

This will have to be concluded in the next week or 2. I can’t see Dortmund selling after that to be honest. IF a deal is happening I would imagine both clubs want this concluded in the next 14 days.
Again, if you ask me this would have had to be concluded about a month ago. I would imagina Dortmund don't want to lose one of their strongest players two days before their season starts. But this again ties into the different belief systems present in this thread :)

Didn’t know Dortmund pay him £190k/week. That’s very much for Dortmund isn’t it? Especially in ’rona times.
They don't. This number pops up every so often and it is nonsensical every single time. He makes significantly less than that, however I don't know from the top of my head what his wages were raised to with his contract extension.

RkkMan

Would anyone take a window of VDB, Thiago, Reguilon and one of Bale/Perisic on a one year loan if Sancho`s deal doesn`t materialize? We`d at least have sorted out the LB/DM positions plus solid depth in attack while having a stop gap attacker which will give us a cushion as we assess in a year if Sancho is worth going back for or if we should permanently sign a back up RW if Greenwood has another break out season.

El-Manos

Again, if you ask me this would have had to be concluded about a month ago. I would imagina Dortmund don't want to lose one of their strongest players two days before their season starts. But this again ties into the different belief systems present in this thread :)
I don’t know what to believe anymore. I guess we’ll know in a month.

Red Royal

Would anyone take a window of VDB, Thiago, Reguilon and one of Bale/Perisic on a one year loan if Sancho`s deal doesn`t materialize? We`d at least have sorted out the LB/DM positions plus solid depth in attack while having a stop gap attacker which will give us a cushion as we assess in a year if Sancho is worth going back for or if we should permanently sign a back up RW if Greenwood has another break out season.
Yes I would..

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
I'd take a window of VDB, Thiago, Reguilon and Sancho with Bale spending the next year at Augusta while being paid by Real.

Nani Nana

Supports
Whoever won the game
Jadon Sancho is browsing this thread looking for updates as to his professional future

prateik

This is so boring.. Get it done.. or move on and get someone else in..

We need a right winger.. we have needed one for years. I can't believe we are starting another season without one. feck me.

BlueHaze

We are that broke we can't even pay 120€ absolutely shameless. The money these robbers take for tickets alone and they can't pay up that amount which should be nothing for a club of our size fecking shameless. And people believe dortmund are posturing?

Stop deluding yourselves ffs this is never going to happen, we had our chance this summer and dortmund set a price and a deadline and now it's done good luck getting him next year. Yet another year without a RW... I hope by some miracle he ends up here somehow.

Knux

Supports
AIK Stockholm
They don't. This number pops up every so often and it is nonsensical every single time. He makes significantly less than that, however I don't know from the top of my head what his wages were raised to with his contract extension.
Is it really nonsensical? I see the most journos reporting that he signed a new €10mill/year deal last year. £190k/week is very much for a club like Dortmund isn’t it? But yeah, he probably deserves it.

Knux

Supports
AIK Stockholm
We are that broke we can't even pay 120€ absolutely shameless. The money these robbers take for tickets alone and they can't pay up that amount which should be nothing for a club of our size fecking shameless. And people believe dortmund are posturing?

Stop deluding yourselves ffs this is never going to happen, we had our chance this summer and dortmund set a price and a deadline and now it's done good luck getting him next year. Yet another year without a RW... I hope by some miracle he ends up here somehow.
I am sure Woody would be all over it for €120.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin

I’m back to here too unless we somehow get JS but even if we do we still need more and we need to sell but nothing is happening. I always felt Ed would be happy to sign off saying Dortmund wouldn’t play ball. It Costs us nothing. Summer of headlines and they can blame Dortmund for being greedy. Go back for him next year and blow next summers budget and pocket this summers. Drops the manager and current players in the shit with so many matches coming up. If you were a top player looking at us you’d probably have to think twice about coming here.

SwedishFish

I’m back to here too unless we somehow get JS but even if we do we still need more and we need to sell but nothing is happening. I always felt Ed would be happy to sign off saying Dortmund wouldn’t play ball. It Costs us nothing. Summer of headlines and they can blame Dortmund for being greedy. Go back for him next year and blow next summers budget and pocket this summers. Drops the manager and current players in the shit with so many matches coming up. If you were a top player looking at us you’d probably have to think twice about coming here.
And when we miss the champions league again and sack the manager what's gonna be the excuse then? You know it doesn't work like that.

beingshe7don

There are rumors of Joao Felix being considered as an alternative for Sancho. Now I don't think there's much truth to it. However, just wanted to check what would people on the caf think if Felix came in Sancho. We need a RW and Felix isn't really one. He would be a phenomenal SS for us. How would that alter our formation? Discuss

Jack-C20

There are rumors of Joao Felix being considered as an alternative for Sancho. Now I don't think there's much truth to it. However, just wanted to check what would people on the caf think if Felix came in Sancho. We need a RW and Felix isn't really one. He would be a phenomenal SS for us. How would that alter our formation? Discuss
Hardly seen him play but wasn’t the general consensus that he’s been a bit underwhelming? Either way, I’d be concerned about a team letting their record signing going so soon. Unless we were paying mega money which we won’t as it’s not a position which is priority. Can’t see it myself.

Tomorrow is my last day of a week off from work. There better be some good news to wake up to!

Champagne Football

If you believe gutter sources like The Star then you're in for a lot of false hope this window

Chief123

Good potential. Not lived up to the hype at Atletico though. And I certainly don’t see him as a RW option. Just another name being touted. Never going to happen. Atletico would have to cut some serious losses as we shouldn’t be going anywhere near 100m for this kid.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
And when we miss the champions league again and sack the manager what's gonna be the excuse then? You know it doesn't work like that.
they can’t feck this summer up but they most probably will. They’ve been fecking it up since January to be honest. It’s clear it takes us about a half a year considering to do anything before we start to move on a player. Honestly if they just applied the same discipline to getting players from 18-22 that they did to youth team players we’d have a pretty stacked squad full of interesting players and we wouldn’t be suffering such a lack of depth in key positions. If we’d stumped up the extra wages for bellingham or backed Ole fully on Haaland? Haaland even with Ole here still didn’t really want to commit. That should say it all. The best young striker in the world was going for free basically and we still couldn’t get it done. Everything still seems so disorganised, reactive and slow behind the scenes... the football side doesn’t feel like it’s ever going to click with these guys here Unless they somehow get lucky with a manager or a dof...

The Don

Metrosexual Candy Shagger
Dayman, ahhhahhhahh, fighter of the nightman

No, it's absolutely not. It's like your parents having an xmas budget, that they can comfortably afford, and you only asking for one thing out of that budget but they decide not to do it for you, because they're tight, money-grabbing, bastards and they don't give a feck about you.

Realistically, there's nothing to stop the lizard people that run the club, from sticking their hand in their pockets and actually putting some of their own money into the club, (for the first time ever) by way of a cash injection. If they decided to pay the full Sancho transfer fee (to help the club they own, during covid) that would only represent a 2.6% outlay, of their overall worth. Won't hold my breath, though.

Last edited:

WPMUFC

No matter what happens with JS, we need a right winger. Undoubtedly a Captain Obvious statement, but we need someone. If we're not signing JS there has got to be someone else, we'll be fecked if not.
practice game wingers were Lingard and Dan James. :lol:

Marcus

Me, except not Bale. Too injury prone.

croadyman

Dont let it get you down mate, its been a long hard road but we shall prevail!

I think we've all had a gut full of this saga now. Only the most strongest muppets are still fully engaging in it.

Take a day off, do something you enjoy and come back when your head is a bit clearer. Thats what I did and then the news broke about a breakthrough in discussions. Give it a go and see what happens :D
Well the live PL Football has acted as a bit of a distraction yesterday and will hopefully do again today

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
No matter what happens with JS, we need a right winger. Undoubtedly a Captain Obvious statement, but we need someone. If we're not signing JS there has got to be someone else, we'll be fecked if not.
Dont worry. Ill volunteer. I might be out of breath after 5 mins or less these days but ill give it my full 100% during that time.

Status
Not open for further replies.