g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Jadon Sancho| Staying at Dortmund for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrBrightside1989

Between club and Country he scored 18 goals in 44 matches last season including goals vs City, Liverpool and Chelsea. He would be a way better backup/option then Josh King and Ighalo. It would also mean that Greenwood would be playing as RW with Brooks as his cover
I think king would fit in as he is a similar style player to what we have so would fit the system. Given the fact that Pukki is 30 will also go against him- he just doesn't fit the profile of player OGS will be after. And because we have Ighalo I don't see the point in having another striker who will hardly play, ighalo showed enough in his few games to see that he offers something more physical and can score a few goals.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
:lol: :lol: Can you not see the difference between a player like Sancho, and players like Brooks and Pukki?
I can make a list of Mbappe, Neymar, Sancho, Koulibaly and Alaba. They would strengthen the squad and probably make us win the CL as well. However we're not going to get them aren't we? There's no point keeping on mentioning Sancho unless the club is willing to spend some serious money. In that case then we're better off finding talent we can afford that will improve the squad. I mean look at our second string, FFS they can't even beat Aston Villa.

Redcy

barca saying they want salah? Could they sell and buy Sancho? That would be hilarious wouldn’t it

Withnail

I can make a list of Mbappe, Neymar, Sancho, Koulibaly and Alaba. They would strengthen the squad and probably make us win the CL as well. However we're not going to get them aren't we? There's no point keeping on mentioning Sancho unless the club is willing to spend some serious money. In that case then we're better off finding talent we can afford that will improve the squad. I mean look at our second string, FFS they can't even beat Aston Villa.
It was a friendly which was mainly to get players who hadn't played in the international games some fitness.

Do you have a fit when we don't win pre-season games?

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Is Sancho really worth the sort of figure being banded around? Surly a top class centreback is our priority
Why? Our attack has been our weakness over the years not our defence. This CB narrative is a bit over played.

Brophs

The One and Only
Nah, I have some MUTV intel. Not saying it is guaranteed. But I trust the person who has told me what they have. Let’s see.
While people worried about the corrosive infiltration of the masons at every level of society, they forgot to keep an eye on the good folks at RedCafe. An ear in every boardroom and with more links to deepthroats than @rimaldo’s hard drive.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
While people worried about the corrosive infiltration of the masons at every level of society, they forgot to keep an eye on the good folks at RedCafe. An ear in every boardroom and with more links to deepthroats than @rimaldo’s hard drive.
With imagination like Japanese hentai, on how the negotiation happened.

El Zoido

Why? Our attack has been our weakness over the years not our defence. This CB narrative is a bit over played.
We had one of the best defences in the league last season. And I think the #1 defence post-lockdown wasn’t it? Yet people think our entire back four needs replacing.

devilish

It was a friendly which was mainly to get players who hadn't played in the international games some fitness.

Do you have a fit when we don't win pre-season games?
Are you serious? Did you watch our games last season when we had to rely on our reserves? They were hopeless. Therefore if we can't get Sancho then let's at least spend the money on reserves. Telles would provide us with a proper LB whenever Shaw gets injured. That means Williams would move to RB thus allowing us to sell Dalot. Pukki would provide us with good cover/competition for Martial. It would mean that we can play Greenwood as RW were he did so well for us. Brooks on the other hand is a young and promising RW which would allow us to rest Greenwood every now and then. Lingard is shit and Mata is finished as a player. Torres on the other hand is a decent left footed CB who would compliment Maguire. Telles (22m), Brooks (30m), Pau Torres (44m) and Pukki (20m) would pave the clean up we need which would see Dalot, Periera, Lingard, Mata, Smalling, Jones and possibly Rojo. That would drive the expenses down.

SwedishFish

they can’t feck this summer up but they most probably will. They’ve been fecking it up since January to be honest. It’s clear it takes us about a half a year considering to do anything before we start to move on a player. Honestly if they just applied the same discipline to getting players from 18-22 that they did to youth team players we’d have a pretty stacked squad full of interesting players and we wouldn’t be suffering such a lack of depth in key positions. If we’d stumped up the extra wages for bellingham or backed Ole fully on Haaland? Haaland even with Ole here still didn’t really want to commit. That should say it all. The best young striker in the world was going for free basically and we still couldn’t get it done. Everything still seems so disorganised, reactive and slow behind the scenes... the football side doesn’t feel like it’s ever going to click with these guys here Unless they somehow get lucky with a manager or a dof...
A lot of that is down to Raiola tbh, he was the one insisting on the release clause for whatever club came in for him because he knows that there will be a big move coming up generating big money for him.

devilish

Knowing @devilish this was likely sarcasm.
its not sarcasm its me being realistic. I'd love to see Sancho at Man United. In my opinion, at 120m, he's still a steal. We're talking here about a 20 year old something top top player, who can play at RW, LW and AMC. It would also mean having England's future forward line in our hands (Greenwood, Sancho and Rashford) on top of marketable players such as Bruno, Pogba and Martial. United's money machine will turn this into a gold mine that would pay itself in a matter of a year or two.

However I am not a Glazer. If the club doesn't want to spend that amount of money then there's little I or you can do about it. In such circumstances I'd rather see us adding 4 players who would strengthen our horrific strength in depth rather then just sit around moaning that Dortmund are being mean with us for not agreeing to sell Sancho on our terms.

Feed Me

I'm hungry
:lol:

Suvvernmanc

Are you serious? Did you watch our games last season when we had to rely on our reserves? They were hopeless. Therefore if we can't get Sancho then let's at least spend the money on reserves. Telles would provide us with a proper LB whenever Shaw gets injured. That means Williams would move to RB thus allowing us to sell Dalot. Pukki would provide us with good cover/competition for Martial. It would mean that we can play Greenwood as RW were he did so well for us. Brooks on the other hand is a young and promising RW which would allow us to rest Greenwood every now and then. Lingard is shit and Mata is finished as a player. Torres on the other hand is a decent left footed CB who would compliment Maguire. Telles (22m), Brooks (30m), Pau Torres (44m) and Pukki (20m) would pave the clean up we need which would see Dalot, Periera, Lingard, Mata, Smalling, Jones and possibly Rojo. That would drive the expenses down.
So over 110m for 1 starting player -Torres ?

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
its not sarcasm its me being realistic. I'd love to see Sancho at Man United. In my opinion, at 120m, he's still a steal. We're talking here about a 20 year old something top top player, who can play at RW, LW and AMC. It would also mean having England's future forward line in our hands (Greenwood, Sancho and Rashford) on top of marketable players such as Bruno, Pogba and Martial. United's money machine will turn this into a gold mine that would pay itself in a matter of a year or two.

However I am not a Glazer. If the club doesn't want to spend that amount of money then there's little I or you can do about it. In such circumstances I'd rather see us adding 4 players who would strengthen our horrific strength in depth rather then just sit around moaning that Dortmund are being mean with us for not agreeing to sell Sancho on our terms.
Do you seriously think the names you mentioned are better the players we have at United playing second fiddle? They stood out occasionally playing for inferior teams.

Lingard, Pereira, Jones (when fit) Mata, James, Rojo, are full internationals. They might not be what you'd expect with clubs of United's ambitions. However, to compare them to the players you mentioned is a massive stretch. I am positive they would outshine Brooks, and Pukki if they played for similar teams.

devilish

So over 110m for 1 starting player -Torres ?
Actually its two (Telles/Regulon and Torres) as Shaw is always injured. It would also mean allowing us to get rid of the deadwood (Smalling, Jones, Mata, Periera, Rojo and co) while giving Ole the option to rest players.

devilish

Fair enough

However, do you seriously think the names you mentioned are better than most of the players you mentioned? They stood out occasionally playing for inferior teams.

Lingard, Pereira, Jones (when fit) Mata, James, Rojo, are full internationals. They might not be what you'd expect with clubs of United's ambitions. However, to compare them to the players you mentioned is a massive stretch. I am positive they would outshine Brooks, and Pukki if they played for similar teams.
I am pretty confident they are.

A- Pukki's record in the EPL is quite good and far better then Ighalo's or King's
B- Brooks had done very well in his first year with Bournemouth. He's a young lad who can move as AMC as well
C- Telles doesn't break in pieces like Shaw does on a consistent basis while Torres is a left sided CB whose better to Lindelof.
D- Torres is certainly better then Rojo and Jones.

On top of that their fees aren't high, they shouldn't be asking for silly salaries and most of those players are young. That means that if they fail to make an impact we should be able to recoup most of the money back. Not to forget that we would send the message that the time for complacency is over. A meme like Jones won't be able to steal a living anymore. That alone is worth it.

HowYouDoin

I am pretty confident they are.

A- Pukki's record in the EPL is quite good and far better then Ighalo's or King's
B- Brooks had done very well in his first year with Bournemouth. He's a young lad who can move as AMC as well
C- Telles doesn't break in pieces like Shaw does on a consistent basis while Torres is a left sided CB whose better to Lindelof.
D- Torres is certainly better then Rojo and Jones.

On top of that their fees aren't high, they shouldn't be asking for silly salaries and most of those players are young. That means that if they fail to make an impact we should be able to recoup most of the money back. Not to forget that we would send the message that the time for complacency is over. A meme like Jones won't be able to steal a living anymore. That alone is worth it.
For what its worth I agree with you.
I think Sancho is a luxury buy because I do believe we have world class front 3 but we are pretty weak elsewhere. Getting a new FB would go a long way. Getting a better CB would go a long way. Then you add two good attacking players off the bench? What a great team that would be.

Status
Not open for further replies.