Jadon Sancho| Staying at Dortmund for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
We absolutely need players to be of a high quality. Enough signings meant to be squad players. We have a hard worker who runs hard like Lingard. Time for genuine technical talent.
Sancho will be the high quality. Our first choice will be Martial/Sancho/Rashford which is fine. Lingard/Lazano rotating with Lukaku and Greenwood is a good forward line.

You can't have a team of world class players on the bench it's not realistic.

NJM78

We have to be realistic. We aren't signing 7 players this summer. Two wingers would most likely be too much. I'd rather get a winger and a 10/CF/playmaking wide forward. But I suppose one can't complain about quality additions (if they are that) in an area we need bolstering.
You're 100% right about being realistic. I would be happy with either but preferably Sancho as per the glowing reports on him by most fans. I really hope we address that right side and also the DM position. I think we will go for another CB also as Rojo will surely go and I'm sure we would take offers for Bailly or Jones in summer. My biggest worry is Young starting for us again come August, really hoping Dalot with experience and a good summer tour can start for us and Young used sparingly as a cover.

If we could get three top class additions for the starting 11, I will be over the moon, anymore additions a bonus.
Hopefully we also give Chong, Gomes and Greenwood full season loans as I believe in all three of them for the following season.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Perfect for Ole and perfect for ManUtd which means We'll sign Bale instead.

Sancho will be the high quality. Our first choice will be Martial/Sancho/Rashford which is fine. Lingard/Lazano rotating with Lukaku and Greenwood is a good forward line.

This front line will be very inconsistent at times, I hope everyone has the patience with them.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
This front line will be very inconsistent at times, I hope everyone has the patience with them.
Of course they will because of their ages. Hopefully it wont take long for them to get that consistency. Martial should step up soon as should rashford. Sancho has been ridiculous this year already. It's all young players on the verge of making that step up basically, so a bit of patience and itll happen.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
I think we still need a top goal scorer to be honest. I don't see any of them being 20+ goal scorers consistently.

I think we still need a top goal scorer to be honest. I don't see any of them being 20+ goal scorers consistently.
This is my concern, I asked the question a few pages back. A poster said Sancho will help us create more for the other attackers so they will get more goals, but we will still lack a bonafide goal scorer. I think another striker or winger is needed but it will probably have to wait until the following summer.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
This is my concern, I asked the question a few pages back. A poster said Sancho will help us create more for the other attackers so they will get more goals, but we will still lack a bonafide goal scorer. I think another striker or winger is needed but it will probably have to wait until the following summer.
Yeah we probably will wait to see how Lukaku, Rashford and Greenwood do. We can still compete with everyone chipping in with goals too.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off

Of course it's not but it's also about being clever.

Sancho is going to cost around 80-100 million pounds. Add another winger and you're talking about 140 odd on just wife players one of whom is apparently backup. Given we need to bolster our right back, CB and possibly CM/playmaking positions, that's an issue. Hence IMO if were signing two attack minded players one of them needs to be a playmaker in the Bernardo Silva mould or something. Which is why I wouldnt sign a second rotational winger.

amolbhatia50k

You're 100% right about being realistic. I would be happy with either but preferably Sancho as per the glowing reports on him by most fans. I really hope we address that right side and also the DM position. I think we will go for another CB also as Rojo will surely go and I'm sure we would take offers for Bailly or Jones in summer. My biggest worry is Young starting for us again come August, really hoping Dalot with experience and a good summer tour can start for us and Young used sparingly as a cover.

If we could get three top class additions for the starting 11, I will be over the moon, anymore additions a bonus.
Hopefully we also give Chong, Gomes and Greenwood full season loans as I believe in all three of them for the following season.
Sancho for me is a different kettle of fish. I'm very skeptical of a lot of these talents being bracketed with him. He has that magic on the ball and unless the alternative is of a similar level of natural talent, it'll be quite a step down. Naturally I'm not expert on all of these players but some players have that extra class and he has it IMO.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Genuine question, is this kid really all that? I see many posters saying we must go for him, then many also saying the likes of Lozano etc are not good enough for us. Just curious as only watched him a few times and wondering is the fact he is English helping with the hype?
I’m not gonna say I’ve watched Dortmund in anything other than the odd CL game, but you can tell just from his highlights what sort of player he is. I’d say that’s the thing that excites me the most, because he’s exactly what we’re missing. He’s skilful and can beat players, he likes to run at them and cause havoc.

We don’t have that really, unless Rashford or Martial suddenly decide to have a go. We’re often quite static, and lack players who can beat their man and create space and chances. Look at Dalot when he played wide against PSG - he instantly beat his man, got in behind and made us so much more threatening. You could sense PSG shitting it, and who knows - if Ole hadn’t made this change we’d have probably gone out that night. A player like Sancho, even if it isn’t him, would make such a difference to our attacking play. That’s what excites me.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Would rather see wider players come in that can contribute to our overall goals, rather than ramp up a key man risk for a single player.

Nick.

Apparently Arsene Wenger has said he tried to sign Sancho. Laugh out loud

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
We have been linked to that Mexican winger at PSV too.
Yeah, but I don't think we'd be after him and Sancho together. Sancho makes solid sense, Rabiot on a free with Koulibaly/DeLigt would be great.. But one more attacker that is more consistent would really close the gap. Maybe Felix is that sort of player, don't know enough about him. From what I've heard he's brilliant. It would seem as Felix+Sancho would be a big upgrade on attack.

Total spend would likely be just under 300m though. Across 4 very good players nonetheless.

KingMinger22

City >>> United. Moaning twat
Of course it's not but it's also about being clever.

Sancho is going to cost around 80-100 million pounds. Add another winger and you're talking about 140 odd on just wife players one of whom is apparently backup. Given we need to bolster our right back, CB and possibly CM/playmaking positions, that's an issue. Hence IMO if were signing two attack minded players one of them needs to be a playmaker in the Bernardo Silva mould or something. Which is why I wouldnt sign a second rotational winger.
No.

Sancho will cost Dembele money. £140m.

I find it absolutely hilarious when people band around £80m. It's 2019.

Its a near-identical situation.

To get a top defender of the right age profile it's going to cost at the absolute minimum £75m. Likely closer to £100m for the likes of Kouliaby and De Ligt.

For the above reasons, I am very sceptical we will manage to recruit even half the quality we need to make a proper PL and CL push.

Kapardin

No.

To get a top defender of the right age profile it's going to cost at the absolute minimum £75m. Likely closer to £100m for the likes of Kouliaby and De Ligt.

For the above reasons, I am very sceptical we will manage to recruit even half the quality we need to make a proper PL and CL push.
I think we can get Sancho for 100 mil.

We will probably be going for Alderweed (sp?). He's the right age for Lindelof and Smalling to rotate with him, and cheap enough to free up our transfer budget for Sancho and another player -- most likely a FB.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Hes got plenty of potential but EW will not fancy the fee tbh and if our budget is £150m then can only see next season being similar to this in that we will be playing catch up instead of actually competing!
Why would our budget only be £150m? We barely spent anything last season. Woodward's not been shy about splashing huge sums on one player, Pogba and Lukaku (and Di Maria to a lesser extent) were extremely expensive.

Judas

Open to offers
Hes got plenty of potential but EW will not fancy the fee tbh and if our budget is £150m then can only see next season being similar to this in that we will be playing catch up instead of actually competing!
You literally just made that up, so it's safe to say that isn't our budget.

amolbhatia50k

No.

You haven't enough (nor does anyone here) of a clue to make such definitive statements. I too felt Sancho would cost around 130-140 but every situation/transaction can differ and 100 million pounds is still a huge fee. A good defender can be signed for between 50-70 million. If we want we'll have 200-250 to spend this summer given the last one is quiet. And part of good management is to find cheap deals as well.

I also think people are far too concerned about immediate success. It's about improving as a team and making the necessary additions for that. If we need 5 players and you can get 3, you make sure those three are of the highest quality rather than trying to go overboard and making a mess of 4/5. I don't see us being a top tier team next season anyway. It'll take two seasons of top class management to get there. Being dark horses in the CL and 5-7 points adrift in the PL would be impressive and a step forwards. We don't need to 'fix' every leak to do that. Liberia have an average midfield and manage to challenge.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
You haven't enough (nor does anyone here) of a clue to make such definitive statements. I too felt Sancho would cost around 130-140 but every situation/transaction can differ and 100 million pounds is still a huge fee. A good defender can be signed for between 50-70 million. If we want we'll have 200-250 to spend this summer given the last one is quiet. And part of good management is to find cheap deals as well.

I also think people are far too concerned about immediate success. It's about improving as a team and making the necessary additions for that. If we need 5 players and you can get 3, you make sure those three are of the highest quality rather than trying to go overboard and making a mess of 4/5. I don't see us being a top tier team next season anyway. It'll take two seasons of top class management to get there. Being dark horses in the CL and 5-7 points adrift in the PL would be impressive and a step forwards. We don't need to 'fix' every leak to do that. Liberia have an average midfield and manage to challenge.
True, but they do have George Weah upfront.

Fridge chutney

Given that we have a transfer budget of 225M (Woodie told me), we can possibly definitely afford Sancho in the summer.

KingMinger22

City >>> United. Moaning twat

The very top clubs do not find rough diamonds like an Evra or a Vidic anymore.

If you disagree, give me an example in the last three years.

It's just not possible in the new football economy

Last edited:

mav_9me

The very too clubs do not find rough diamonds like an Evra or a Visit anymore.

If you disagree, give me an example in the last three years.

It's just not possible in the new football economy
Arthur at Barcelona. Don't know how much he actually cost though.

Andy Robertson at Liverpool.

I don't exactly disagree with your point though.

The thing to do is find some starters and squad players for cheaper than usual like Lindelof and Dalot.

Fracture90

I clearly said "the very top clubs".

What you are doing by picking VVD to Southampton is literally choosing from every team in the PL.

Which reinforces my point.
But you ignored the point about Robertson and Arthur, heck even Dembele didn't cost Dortmund all that much.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
He retweeted a tweet where Rio says we should sign him.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Looks like it's deleted, but I saw it. Maybe someone screenshotted it.

Status
Not open for further replies.