Jadon Sancho| Staying at Dortmund for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

2ndTouch

Supports
Bayern München
Jeez, I just tuned in to Mark Goldbridge's youtube stream. How much money do those zombies watching him tip to that bullsh*tting twat on average? :lol: He must make nice 4-digit figures per broadcast just fromwhat I could observe in about 10mins. Our society is indeed doomed, I tell'ya

meamth

Jeez, I just tuned in to Mark Goldbridge's youtube stream. How much money do those zombies watching him tip to that bullsh*tting twat on average? :lol: He must make nice 4-digit figures per broadcast just fromwhat I could observe in about 10mins. Our society is indeed doomed, I tell'ya
He's smart and lucky to be the one and only guy who talks about United on regular basis.
Stretford Paddock is another one, but they are not as hardworking as Goldbridge.

I have nothing against the guy, he works hard to do the streams, editing, videos... it's hard work. if he gets 4 digits income, that's because he earned it.

SER19

If you could get Ismaila Sarr, Upamecano and Reguilon for about the same price as Sancho, you really do have to consider the fee and the 'English tax'

Donald Silverbridge

I think we'll hear something similar to Kai Havertz regarding Jadon Sancho after England's 2 games next week in my opinion.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
If we sign Sancho for 120m now then we reveal ourselves as the guys who are loaded despite covid-19. Thus every club would take us to the cleaners. Thus, if we do sign Sancho then I can see him being our very last signing.
how do you figure that? After spending so much, we can claim we're broke and are scraping the remainder of our budget to go after others, not loaded.

It's Dortmund who have the hot potato at that point, not us, which is why it would be smart of them to conclude as much business before the announcement as possible.

Don't know what our plans would be post-purchase, but I think our hand would be stronger against those hoping to rinse us than it is now.

RUCK4444

If you could get Ismaila Sarr, Upamecano and Reguilon for about the same price as Sancho, you really do have to consider the fee and the 'English tax'
Not really when imo only Upamecano is worth getting from those three.

Only one player properly elevates our starting 11

jackal&hyde

He's smart and lucky to be the one and only guy who talks about United on regular basis.
Stretford Paddock is another one, but they are not as hardworking as Goldbridge.

I have nothing against the guy, he works hard to do the streams, editing, videos... it's hard work. if he gets 4 digits income, that's because he earned it.
He is a drama merchant that does nothing but talk sh3te and exploit the negativity around the club in the last few years. The guys at Stretford Paddock are actually arranging quality interviews with top journalists, former players, etc. I respect Goldbriedges ability to exploit circumstances and make money for himself, but he brings nothing but toxicity in the fan base.

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
Based on absolutely nothing, i'm expecting big movement on this by the end of next week. I think the fee will be agreed while he's on international duty and the deal done before the 12th

meamth

He is a drama merchant that does nothing but talk sh3te and exploit the negativity around the club in the last few years. The guys at Stretford Paddock are actually arranging quality interviews with top journalists, former players, etc. I respect Goldbriedges ability to exploit circumstances and make money for himself, but he brings nothing but toxicity in the fan base.
Yeah I'd agree. I myself didn't like his agenda about his ruthless expectations, this is Manchester United... he is toxic.

But sadly that's how social media works, the more work you put into it, the better the reward. He deserved all his hard work, but I still don't like his content.

jackal&hyde

Clubs that do not want to sell don't brief this kind of information to the press. I believe now 100% that Sancho is going to leave this window.
What i don't understand is all the talk from their officials "he will play for us next season, not leaving etc". They did the same with Dembele and Aubameyang. Why talk like that and look like idiots after? Some of their messages after they sell players are also very poor class. Just a bit of a mess in PR this club.

Andersons Dietician

Are you sure you’re not confusing the two? No fan of Gold ridge but he seems less antagonistic to me than the twat at Paddock who speaks just as much utter bollox and every vid is basically the same.

on Goldbridge recently he’s had Romano, that bloke from sky, Jamie Jackson and another journo on. Ex-players seem to know feck all about the clubs so their opinions are utter worthless. Heck listening to Brown, May and the likes on the MUTV youtube I swear I’d get a more insightful and knowledgable response than May from a rock.

In the end they pretty much all know nothing and are just putting guess work together but Goldbridge is convinced Sancho is coming and has been good it’s happening from “what he is hearing” makes it sound like it’s a source he has in the club but I would think it’s more he’s just put 2+2 together from Luckhurst, jackson and Romano and that it’s the agent fee that is the hold up.

not the Dortmund fee or Sancho wages but agent fees.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
how do you figure that? After spending so much, we can claim we're broke and are scraping the remainder of our budget to go after others, not loaded.

It's Dortmund who have the hot potato at that point, not us, which is why it would be smart of them to conclude as much business before the announcement as possible.

Don't know what our plans would be post-purchase, but I think our hand would be stronger against those hoping to rinse us than it is now.

The 'we are broke' narrative had been pushed long before the covid crisis hit home. In January Ole 'admitted' that Bruno's deal came from the summer transfer budget. During the covid crisis we had two contrasting interviews from Woodward. In his first interview he said that we're financially stronger then others and we can fully exploit the buyer's market created by covid. Then he backtracked furiously by stating that United was hit by covid as well. In my opinion the answer is pretty much both, United were hit but not as much as others did. Also we can't let this buyer's market pass without squeezing some great signings on the cheap.

Believe it or not, that include Sancho. 120M might sound a huge fee but its not especially if its in installments. The boy is the most talented young winger of his generation. He plays 3 positions and if we sign him then we'll secure England's forward line up for the next decade. The guy is worth gold in merchandise, sponsors etc. If Juventus can make profit out of an 80m 34 something Ronaldo then can you imagine what United can do with Sancho, Greenwood, Martial, Pogba and Rashy?

However for every pro there is a con. If United spent 120m at the beginning of the transfer window then everyone would notice that United's 'we were hit like everyone else' stance is first class BS. Thus we'll be asked ridiculous fees for their players something no CEO (especially Woody) would want.

$inner_88

Doesn’t he have to sign today to avoid having to quarantine?
Sure I read that in regards to Donny.

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
The deal has been dead for weeks lads. Dortmund haven't sourced suitable replacement. We go again in the next window I'm sure.

2ndTouch

Supports
Bayern München
Clubs that do not want to sell don't brief this kind of information to the press. I believe now 100% that Sancho is going to leave this window.
Falk doesn't get briefed by Dortmund. He just regurgitates what is out in the public anyway. We can safely assume there was an agreement with the Sancho camp that he could leave for 120m.
We don't know about the details, though. Just like Falk, Romano and the other "Gurus" didn't know about Sanchos contract length, they might not know whether this agreement was tied to a specific date. And that might have been Aug, 10th.
Their clear posture on that day could hint towards that. They also seem to be quite confident about Sancho not throwing a tantrum, like the other two did back then.

macheda14

According to bundesliga fans Falk is clueless when it comes to any team other than Bayern. So he hasn't been briefed.

jackal&hyde

Are you sure you’re not confusing the two? No fan of Gold ridge but he seems less antagonistic to me than the twat at Paddock who speaks just as much utter bollox and every vid is basically the same.

on Goldbridge recently he’s had Romano, that bloke from sky, Jamie Jackson and another journo on. Ex-players seem to know feck all about the clubs so their opinions are utter worthless. Heck listening to Brown, May and the likes on the MUTV youtube I swear I’d get a more insightful and knowledgable response than May from a rock.

In the end they pretty much all know nothing and are just putting guess work together but Goldbridge is convinced Sancho is coming and has been good it’s happening from “what he is hearing” makes it sound like it’s a source he has in the club but I would think it’s more he’s just put 2+2 together from Luckhurst, jackson and Romano and that it’s the agent fee that is the hold up.

I'm not confusing them. At the end of the day it's peoples opinions and different people have different tastes. My favorites are Arsenal fan tv after they lose a game :lol: I'm just glad for The Athletic that we can have some good journalism in football after most of the press has regressed to tabloid nonsense.

Sancho is going to happen IMO as it seems to fallow a similar pattern to our other high profile signings as well as Dortmunds business. For all the talk about deadlines they tend to sell near the end of the transfer window.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
you're referring to the fat guy with the beard? I can't stand him either.

macheda14

Sancho is going to happen IMO as it seems to fallow a similar pattern to our other high profile signings as well as Dortmunds business. For all the talk about deadlines they tend to sell near the end of the transfer window.
The opposite of that is true, apart from Dembele and Auba who both pushed for moves they normally as a rule sell in the first half of the window.

El-Manos

Can someone remind me, is Falk the reliable one for Dortmund news or is that some other bloke?

drmuji

Absolutely. I don't like Goldbridge but Stratford Paddock guys just waste time talking about non Manchester united things. The other day I was watching listening to them on my morning Run and for 10 minutes they were talking about shit and constipations etc etc. Literally, one doesn't tune in to listen to "shit", one tunes in to a united channel to listen about united.
Utterly useless blokes

Gambit

Desperately wants to be a Muppet
Based on absolutely nothing, i'm expecting big movement on this by the end of next week. I think the fee will be agreed while he's on international duty and the deal done before the 12th
I've had a big movement this morning therefore I expect it do be done this weekend.

HerrLeinad

Supports
Bayern München
He is very reliable when it comes to all things german but he is a mouthpiece of Bayern
He isn't. Bayern would never "brief" someone like Falk and I don't get where people outside from Germany get that idea. It's also a very non-german concept, the relationship between football clubs and the media is different than in for example england.
Falk also isn't "very realiable". He spreads a lot of random bs.

It's also funny to see the "Sancho can go for 120m" thing recycled. That had been Dortmund's stance since months, how is that news?

croadyman

He keeps going on about being convinced something is going to happen with a Utd transfer again this weekend. You can be certain his regulars will be gutted when nothing comes from it

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Can someone remind me, is Falk the reliable one for Dortmund news or is that some other bloke?
He's the chief for BILD which means he's one of the most reliable when it comes into Bundesliga clubs but even so I still think he's trying to help Dortmund by saying "They don't need money" so Falk him.

Status
Not open for further replies.