Jadon Sancho| Staying at Dortmund for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

NJM78

Sancho is either very relaxed about this and believes he will be joining us eventually or he doesn't really mind either way as he will more than likely have even better offers next season.

bcubed

Endeavouring to persevere in observation of all th
Problem is not with this player. Problem is Woodward and the Glazers. I really hope that you realize that mate. 'Rona didn't make this market bad for us. Glazers did. This summer transfer window is not isolated incident. This is a trend. We will never again compete with Real Madrid, Bayern, Liverpool. And this is not because of Covid. They will forever make stupid decisions. They will forever keep taking money out from the club. They will waste the talents of Rashford and Greenwood.

I don't know if u have noticed, but https://www.90min.com/posts/man-utd-money-paid-glazer-family-bad, read this mate, or this http://thepeoplesperson.com/2020/09...million-from-man-united-report-claims-218131/

They are constantly taking money out of our club. As dividends, as loan repayments.

just tandy isn't it. Glazers put 1 billion loan onto us. They bought our club for our money. We will never be dept free, because this is how they do business. If loan comes down, they will just take out another loan. Just to feed their greed.
Not forgetting the pair of TGSB's who run the club on a daily basis with the remit of keeping the money rolling in for the Glazers and making sure we "out do" Liverpoos 30 year barren stretch.

Chief123

Sancho subbed off after 60 mins to prevent his transfer to Utd falling through due to injury.

Womp

idiot
We've royally fecked this up and I don't buy the rona excuse. Hasn't stopped other teams from spending a far larger amount of their revenue than we have. Secondly, they bought this club on money they didn't have, they've increased the debt over the 20 years or whatever the feck it's been since they signed us. If they really gave a shit about financial implications, really consider how they've addressed our debt, the amount they've taken out of the club, their dividend payments.

It's simply not good enough anymore

laughtersassassin

What I don't get is how we have wasted our whole summer in this. Surely if we weren't convinced we would get him we would have moved on?

Womp

idiot
What I don't get is how we have wasted our whole summer in this. Surely if we weren't convinced we would get him we would have moved on?
Probably a good excuse to waste our summer. 'Sorry we couldn't make any other high profile signings, Sancho took up our whole summer'

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
It is funny ( well it is tragic but you must laugh); first time that we were only one in a race for a player and we managed to lose that race.
In the past we lost top players because of other clubs or because player chose to stay (used situation and got better contract).

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
We were, and likely still are, counting on Dortmund buckling and lowering their demands or accepting addons as part of the deal. Difference is, Dortmund are stubborn and are determined to stand their ground, so it's either United pay €120m guarenteed or he stays. The only way it'll change is if Sancho kicks up a fuss, but i doubt that'll happen anytime soon.

It'll go one of two ways... We'll back off and look elsewhere (Poss Perisic or Bale loan) and try again next season, which will be nigh on impossible if we miss out on top 4, or we cave and give Dortmund what they want and get our man.

United58

We were, and likely still are, counting on Dortmund buckling and lowering their demands or accepting addons as part of the deal. Difference is, Dortmund are stubborn and are determined to stand their ground, so it's either United pay €120m guarenteed or he stays. The only way it'll change is if Sancho kicks up a fuss, but i doubt that'll happen anytime soon.

It'll go one of two ways... We'll back off and look elsewhere (Poss Perisic or Bale loan) and try again next season, which will be nigh on impossible if we miss out on top 4, or we cave and give Dortmund what they want and get our man.
I think we're holding out too, like we did with Maguire and AWB

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
I think we're holding out too, like we did with Maguire and AWB
I personally see a bad start to the season occuring and Ed panicking and paying the cash. Missing out on top 4 will likely cost us a lot next season (not sure, maybe others can confirm) and will serious limit our signings, so this season is likely one of the best chances we'll get for top talent (assuming we do miss out, which of course we might not?)

sparx99

What is our project?

Is it signing players who only want to play for us and no one else do...seriously I'm curious.
I put it in inverted commas because I don’t think we are defining it as a project in the same way that clubs like City, Chelsea and PSG did when they splashed the cash.

When it comes to Utds ‘project’ or rebuild or whatever you want to call it I think it’s clear that we’ve actually had a plan that spans more than one summer window for the first time.

There seems to be a few through-lines across the last 18 months.

- Technically limited players have been sold or loaned out. Fellaini, Lukaku and Smalling.

- An attack built around pace and mobility rather than physicality.

- Focus on signings who can grow together into their peak alongside our young players.

All in all we just seem to have a more settled idea of where the club is trying to go. It won’t guarantee success of course but at least we are all pulling the same direction now.

Chief123

I personally see a bad start to the season occuring and Ed panicking and paying the cash. Missing out on top 4 will likely cost us a lot next season (not sure, maybe others can confirm) and will serious limit our signings, so this season is likely one of the best chances we'll get for top talent (assuming we do miss out, which of course we might not?)
Whether we get Sancho or not, I don’t see us not getting top 4. In fact I think we’ll get top 4 very comfortably considering we will have Pogba, Bruno, VDB and Greenwood for a full season. The only reason we crept over the line in the end was because of our woeful attacking options in the first half of the season.

I do not see Spurs or Arsenal finishing above us. That will mean we finish top 4.

Whether we get Sancho or not, I don’t see us not getting top 4. In fact I think we’ll get top 4 very comfortably considering we will have Pogba, Bruno, VDB and Greenwood for a full season. The only reason we crept over the line in the end was because of our woeful attacking options in the first half of the season.

I do not see Spurs or Arsenal finishing above us. That will mean we finish top 4.
Completely agree.

2ndTouch

Supports
Bayern München

How many reliable outfield players do you have? I could see the wheels coming off by January with your thin squad.

Stretender

I want to be angry at Manchester United in this saga but I perfectly understand their position now. 120 million Euros for Sancho is fine if the agent fees are included in that. I think Dortmund are being cheeky in quoting 120 million Euros as the price before agent's fees. They are taking the Michael. Am happy for United to pay 120 million which must include agents fees.

laughtersassassin

Probably a good excuse to waste our summer. 'Sorry we couldn't make any other high profile signings, Sancho took up our whole summer'
Sure and while I would your it past our useless owners I'd like to believe that wouldn't shaft Ole and miss out on yet Another of his top targets.

Remember Sancho is has been on Oles list since the day he got here. We missed Halaand and out the usual United spin on it.

We will look a laughing stock if we don't back Ole, wether that means someone else now and then Sancho next season or not.

All I know is as it stands Ole has been fecked over.

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!

All it takes is for one or two of them to get injured, and we could be in trouble.
Our squad is pretty thin to be fair, and we do have a lot of players who really aren't good enough. Then again, we could have a great season and the players we have truly shine. It's all guessing. Lets cross our fingers for a good, injury free season

Wicked_Badger

Problem is not with this player. Problem is Woodward and the Glazers. I really hope that you realize that mate. 'Rona didn't make this market bad for us. Glazers did. This summer transfer window is not isolated incident. This is a trend. We will never again compete with Real Madrid, Bayern, Liverpool. And this is not because of Covid. They will forever make stupid decisions. They will forever keep taking money out from the club. They will waste the talents of Rashford and Greenwood.

I don't know if u have noticed, but https://www.90min.com/posts/man-utd-money-paid-glazer-family-bad, read this mate, or this http://thepeoplesperson.com/2020/09...million-from-man-united-report-claims-218131/

They are constantly taking money out of our club. As dividends, as loan repayments.

just tandy isn't it. Glazers put 1 billion loan onto us. They bought our club for our money. We will never be dept free, because this is how they do business. If loan comes down, they will just take out another loan. Just to feed their greed.
Fully aware of how the Glazers financed the buyout of the club mate! Also aware that they run it like a business and have taken millions out.

The problems the club has is not about the lack of spending its done over the past few years though. It’s wholly to do with failing to prepare for SAF’s retirement properly and the haphazard signings/footballing direction since that point.

I don’t know the figures exactly, but I’d wager we’ve outspent Liverpool and Bayern over the past few years, and maybe Real? Lack of spending is not the root cause of our failings. You could argue going after marquee and big name signings hasn’t helped though.

I’d love to see Sancho play for us. He’s exciting, young and obviously has massive potential. I’d genuinely rather strengthen the squad with a couple more quality players though that compliment our style and give us genuine rotation options. Think it’d be more beneficial in the long run.

United58

With the state of our squad and lack of depth, this would actually be a very good thing for the season overall

Chief123

How many reliable outfield players do you have? I could see the wheels coming off by January with your thin squad.
What do you mean by reliable? Wheels coming off by January? That’s crazy thought to have. Arsenal and Spurs squads are thinner than ours quality wise. So on that basis how are the wheels going to come off? As I said we spent half a season without Pogba and Bruno. We’ve added to them with VDB. Matic was not even in consideration at the beginning of the season. He came back into the team out of necessity and ended up becoming a must starter. Greenwood was never in the plans to play as much as he did but ended up shining so well he forced his name on to the team sheet. Dan James has got some grief recently but let’s not forget the bright start he had. He will be much better down the left wing where he is better suited. We have Ighalo (who isn’t the best) but is an option which we didn’t have in the first half of last season. He will allow us to rest Martial in lesser games. I don’t see how Arsenal or Spurs finish ahead of us at all. As I said, that alone means we will finish in top 4.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Yep, that is something which i don't get it regarding our transfer window. I do jnderstand not spending 120 mil on Sancho. But our main problem was depth last year. And we are basically still in same position like last year.

Piratesoup

Supports
Bayern München
I want to be angry at Manchester United in this saga but I perfectly understand their position now. 120 million Euros for Sancho is fine if the agent fees are included in that. I think Dortmund are being cheeky in quoting 120 million Euros as the price before agent's fees. They are taking the Michael. Am happy for United to pay 120 million which must include agents fees.
I've never heard about agent fees being generally included when transfer fees float through the papers.

Chief123

Yep, that is something which i don't get it regarding our transfer window. I do jnderstand not spending 120 mil on Sancho. But our main problem was depth last year. And we are basically still in same position like last year.
We are starting the season with 4 extra players we did not have at the beginning of last season. Bruno, VDB, Pogba and Ighalo. It’s not as thin as it felt.

laughtersassassin

We are so fecked in attack without Sancho or another top player. We are one k jury away from starting Lingard Mata Andreas or James.

This players simply aren't good enough and will cost us games.

Stan Jefferson

The strange thing about this saga is that it died in German media on 10.October and in some strange parallel universe its still alive in England media.....
That is strange indeed.

If Germany are in October already then I'd suggest its probably them who are in some strange parallel universe, because I'm fairly certain its only September everywhere else.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
We are starting the season with 4 extra players we did not have at the beginning of last season. Bruno, VDB, Pogba and Ighalo. It’s not as thin as it felt.
Did you watch us since restart? We looked really good with first 11 plus Fred. And that is it. Now we have that 12 plus VDB and Bailly. 14 players.

Do you trust others? McT? Williams? Ighalo? James? Lingard? With every injury we are fecked.

Rolaholic

If that happens and the club does panic, I have no doubt it'd be Bale that we'd panic buy and hope for the best with rather than Sancho

Nani Nana

Supports
Whoever won the game
A few centuries from now, when humanity looks back at the year 2020, there will be talks of a worldwide pandemic, but mostly of Sancho's transfer falling through.

Chief123

Did you watch us since restart? We looked really good with first 11 plus Fred. And that is it. Now we have that 12 plus VDB and Bailly. 14 players.

Do you trust others? McT? Williams? Ighalo? James? Lingard? With every injury we are fecked.
By no means is our squad complete or adequate for where we need to be. But the discussion was in relation to us getting top 4 which I think we’ll do comfortably with our squad. You should see Arsenal and Spurs’ squad to realise they won’t be a threat. Arteta is doing a good job so far with some really average players. That can’t last a whole season.

USREDEVIL

The owners are playing with fire here i think. If we pull out of this, the backlash will be quite ugly. Dangling one of the best wingers in the game before us only to pull out of the deal for money reasons. Meanwhile we've known for ages what Dortmund want. But what i think may be true is that they are playing chicken, knowing that if they have to, they will just stump up the money at the end (forget all of the posturing media info). But let's say they're doing that, then they'll have saved a couple million or more even if they do stump it up due to the unpaid wages and interest income. That makes boards of companies happy. I can only imagine that if they are doing that they've plenty of reassurance that last minute bids will still be considered. Let's see what happens.

Nani Nana

Supports
Whoever won the game
BVB is a superior side to MUFC.

Would be a downgrade for Sancho to move to Manchester.

Status
Not open for further replies.