Jadon Sancho| Staying at Dortmund for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrRodo

Honest worker, never posts
"Considering a bid"

Does anyone visualise in their head the meeting between Woodward, Judge, Solskjaer and co.? What does that look like?

Ole - "What's happening with Sancho?"
Woodward - "Well, Ole, We've been monitoring the situation for a couple of months now.The situation being as to whether we'll consider a bid for Sancho."
Ole - "And?"
Judge - "What Ed means to say is that we're now considering a bid for Sancho?"
Ole - "When are we bidding?"
Woodward - "We're considering it."
Ole - "We've only got a week!"
Woodward - "Ole, trust the process, ok? We've monitored the situation and now we're considering the possibility of a bid. I never said we would bid, but you have our word that we're possibly thinking about maybe briefing the press that we've moved from monitoring to consideration. And if that doesn't force Dortmund's hand, then I don't know what will!"
Ole -"(sigh) just let me know when something happens"

(Ole walks out)

Judge - "Ed, sign onto your Caf Nou_Camp99 account. We need Romano to take the fall for his misreporting when they reject our generous 30m offer."
I really really believe this is actually whats going on at carrington, word by word

el3mel

"Considering a bid"

Does anyone visualise in their head the meeting between Woodward, Judge, Solskjaer and co.? What does that look like?

Woodward - "Well, Ole, We've been monitoring the situation for a couple of months now.The situation being as to whether we'll consider a bid for Sancho."
Ole - "And?"
Woodward - "Ole, trust the process, ok? We've monitored the situation and now we're considering the possibility of a bid. I never said we would bid, but you have our word that we're possibly thinking about maybe briefing the press that we've moved from monitoring to consideration. And if that doesn't force Dortmund's hand, then I don't know what will!"

(Ole walks out)

Judge - "Ed, sign onto your Caf Nou_Camp99 account. We need Romano to take the fall for his misreporting when they reject our generous 30m offer."
Ok, the last line was the one that made me burst out laughing. Sorry, Nou_Camp99.

Last edited:

DarkDog

I know it wasn't officially released, but its understood we already had a bid of £90m + add ons turned down with the intermediaries. This was reported by a few journalists at the time. If that is the case, the reports of us bidding £90m now are not true. I honestly think we are going to bid 120m Euro with a large chunk now and the remainder next year.
forget it mate, we offered 60 mil. Now they will go with 65+30 add ons.Like i said on 10th of august. This was just polite refusal on our behalf.
This bid will be easy for BVB to refuse and easy for Ed to say “well, we tried” “made good offer in this climate”
Our inept board is getting next manager fired

dove

forget it mate, we offered 60 mil. Now they will go with 65+30 add ons.Like i said on 10th of august. This was just polite refusal on our behalf.
This bid will be easy for BVB to refuse and easy for Ed to say “well, we tried” “made good offer in this climate”
Our inept board is getting next manager fired
You must have a really good source, probably Ed himself.

And no, not inept board is getting the manager fired, manager himself will.

Rolaholic

"Considering a bid"

Ole - "And?"

(Ole walks out)

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Withnail

"Considering a bid"

Ole - "And?"

(Ole walks out)

:lol:

DSG

This transfer is dead. Ed bottled it. I think after this failure, both Ed and Judge will be out of all transfer business.

there probably is some truth to the 65m profit threshold that needs to be met. If that is the case, it explains why we’ve only completed one transfer this window. Any true businessman knows that this is the window to go all out because prices will be depressed. Sancho will go for 150m next summer and we’ll look completely daft.

Withnail

This transfer is dead. Ed bottled it. I think after this failure, both Ed and Judge will be out of all transfer business.

there probably is some truth to the 65m profit threshold that needs to be met. If that is the case, it explains why we’ve only completed one transfer this window. Any true businessman knows that this is the window to go all out because prices will be depressed. Sancho will go for 150m next summer and we’ll look completely daft.
The 65m doesn't affect transfer budget.

From a Laurie Whitwell piece on The Athletic:

It is important to note here the £65 million EBITDA does not include transfers — given it is before amortisation, which is how player acquisitions are recorded in the books

JrRed

It's amazing how often this is said, and with such conviction even though it makes zero sense and the explanations why have been given repeatedly.

AaronRedDevil

:lol: no he bloody won't.
Feels like he will. By next summer Mane or salah could go to Barca and Liverpool buys him or Madrid needs a superstar signing after a maybe tough season without bale or Ronaldo and they can’t count on that fatass Hazard. United have a free run for Sancho right now. But they won’t next summer. That you can count on.

AaronRedDevil

There's nothing to indicate clubs will be in any better financial situations next summer, logically its more likely to be worse.
True. But sheiks and proper owners will pay whatever they want regardless. And united will be far down the pecking order sadly.

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
So it's been known now that we have wanted him for over a year. The transfer window is almost over and he hasn't shown an ounce of interest in wanting to come here like for example Dembele did when Barca showed interest or Auba did with Arsenal. Perhaps it's just for the better if this never happens then. Sick to death of pricks coming here with other interests rather than players who actually would be desperate for the chance.
Dortmund gave the kid pretty much everything. A big stage to develop and get into this situation where he is regarded as one of the biggest talents in the world with great prospect. Apparently, they were willing to let him go for an agreed price and he said he would like them to accept the offer if it comes. He also apparently agreed all the terms with us.

Now, imho he would be acting like a prick or a dickhead (as someone other mentioned) if he forced the move or went on a strike like Dembele considering all the above.

Some of you are losing it.

Reiver

"Considering a bid"

Ole - "And?"

(Ole walks out)

I don't know what this meeting would look like but I always imagine Woody's negotiations with other clubs looking like this:

Withnail

Dortmund gave the kid pretty much everything. A big stage to develop and get into this situation where he is regarded as one of the biggest talents in the world with great prospect. Apparently, they were willing to let him go for an agreed price and he said he would like them to accept the offer if it comes. He also apparently agreed all the terms with us.

Now, imho he would be acting like a prick or a dickhead (as someone other mentioned) if he forced the move or went on a strike like Dembele considering all the above.

It's page 1185 and into the last 7 days of the window. We should be surprised anyone's still sane :lol:

BlueHaze

Okay, this is a fair take on it but I call a media bluff when I see one mate there's no way personal terms had been agreed that early if it was this evident we would not sign him. Closes next week if I'm right and we havn't even made a bid..

The Brown Bull

It's Coming Home.

Quite so.

Red71

He wakes up, checks out the lay of Twitterland and posts based on what seems the most likely at that particular point in time.

They all do. Do you really really think (you/anyone) that Edward fecking Woodward is sitting there telling his minions to let the various reporters / gossipmongers know where United are or are not up to in anything they do? Bill, phone your mate at the Express, Jim, have a word with the fat cnut at the Sun. As if.

Every reporter flings massive amounts of shit every window and some sticks - it has to by definition - but it doesn't mean they knew anything. They know feck all. Their job is to generate clicks for their publications, nothing more and nothing less at this time of year.

What's actually happening is that any given sport editor says to their United correspondent, "500 words by tomorrow Bob, please". And the shit is made up. And that shit spreads to other journos, and sometimes Jan Aage fecked Off* picks it up and considers the balance of possibilities.

All that said, this is very much on.

*You're welcome.
Thank you sir! Don’t know why but that bolded part really tickled me...well played! :lol:

Come in Sancho, your time is up!

Last edited:

TheLord

What if he didn't fail in his objective? What if the intention was to pretend all along that we were genuinely interested in Sancho when in reality no sensible offer would be made?

Last edited:

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City

Which brings to me an interesting question to wrestle with: Given the choice between buying Sancho, resulting in Woodward and Judge keeping their jobs or missing out on Sancho and seeing those two clowns gone, what would it be?

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Which brings to me an interesting question to wrestle with: Given the choice between buying Sancho, resulting in Woodward and Judge keeping their jobs or missing out on Sancho and seeing those two clowns gone, what would it be?
Not signing Sancho any day of the week.

Fridge chutney

There's nothing to indicate clubs will be in any better financial situations next summer, logically its more likely to be worse.
Correct. Clubs will get less stadium revenue this year than they did last, that's for sure. With economies retracting and corporate marketing dollars harder to come by, the football money-pot is likely to shrink. This pandemic will have a multi-year impact on football, and sport in general. I don't understand why many people think that next summer will be better for football clubs financially.

macheda14

Correct. Clubs will get less stadium revenue this year than they did last, that's for sure. With economies retracting and corporate marketing dollars harder to come by, the football money-pot is likely to shrink. This pandemic will have a multi-year impact on football, and sport in general. I don't understand why many people think that next summer will be better for football clubs financially.
One issue we have is that our stinking great Chevrolet deal is coming to an end soon. Trying to find a suitable sponsor to provide us with that much income will be very hard.

Status
Not open for further replies.